Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As (10803 Views)

Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married / Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour / Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As by Omonjoe(m): 12:29am On Apr 25, 2015
It is no news that couples with both genotype AS have a probability of giving birth to SS children and as such are medically adviced not to get married. With the advancement in technology, grounds are been shifted on the issue of AS/AS getting married. I overheard a doctor counselling both AS partners to get married with the option of determining the genotype of their fetus before birth through CVS as this could help them not to give birth to SS children. I want to know ,
1.how effective is this CVS in Nigeria
2. What is the cost
3. Where can CVS be done in Nigeria effectively
4. Is it now medically adviceable for both AS patners to get married with this advancement in technology
Re: Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 25, 2015
Sorry I can't answer any of your questions due to lack of information. But what happens after the foetus is determined to be SS? Abortion?
Re: Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As by elobyobi: 7:13am On Apr 25, 2015
Exactly what I wanted to ask!!!
Re: Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As by Omonjoe(m): 7:23am On Apr 25, 2015
Definetely yes. He said the fetus screening is carried out within 12 to 16 weeks of pregnancy and when established that the fetus is SS or have any other disorder, the fetus will be aborted. According to him, such abortion is legal

1 Like

Re: Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As by eleganteunice: 7:48am On Apr 25, 2015
To be on the safe side As should not marry As.

Breast Massage – Benefits Of Loving Your Body!
Many women feel that they need to be dressed to kill in order to look good, but this is what
many fancy garments may just as well be – for market research reveals that tight, constricting
clothing and ill-chosen undergarments can be a primary cause for promoting breast cancer. We
recommend breast massage for staying on top of things!
Continue reading @ [url]euniceamede.com[/url]
Like my facebook page :https://www.facebook.com/pages/euniceamedecom/386020504915248
Re: Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 25, 2015
Please... AS should just avoid marrying AS as much as possible. Why risk killing a baby every time you conceive by a factor of 0.25 when you can just avoid it?

1 Like

Re: Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As by Omonjoe(m): 9:21am On Apr 25, 2015
dts my stand also but was astonished when i heard a doctor say otherwise. With our stands, I will still want to be knowledgeable in this CVS option
0rex:
Please... AS should just avoid marrying AS as much as possible. Why risk killing a baby every time you conceive by a factor of 0.25 when you can just avoid it?

1 Like

Re: Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 25, 2015
Ok. I hope an informed person can come & educate us.
Re: Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As by omotade1986: 7:37am On Feb 29, 2016
Hello Everyone.

I have started a project called Hang out with Tade. One of the key areas is Genotype. AS+AS, AC+AS, SS+AS, SS+AC. What are your option when trying to have a baby. Its a place to come and talk about how you are feeling as well as get information. There is no judgement here.

Interested? go to www.beibeihaven.com to regiter
Re: Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As by podada(m): 6:03pm On Jul 14, 2016
Why would u say an AS shouldn't marry another AS. What if they are compatible and are in love? Even AA and AS give birth to deformed babies,babies wt Down's syndrome. So why go against it? I'm sure it's married people that are saying they shldnt be married. That's selfish. Any info on the CVS thingy. Me I have a friend oh!!!
Re: Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As by follyade: 2:36am On Jul 26, 2016
There is a hospital at lekki, high rocks hospital. U can go there to schedule an appointment . The test is usually done anytime from 12weeks to avoid miscarriage . As at 2014 , the cost for the test cost 200k and result will be ready after 7working days . I Did it and d result was AS and my baby boy is 17months now. Strong and healthy .search high rocks hospital on Google for d address .
Re: Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As by otiadeoye(f): 12:29pm On May 09, 2017
podada:
Why would u say an AS shouldn't marry another AS. What if they are compatible and are in love? Even AA and AS give birth to deformed babies,babies wth Down's syndrome. So why go against it? I'm sure it's married people that are saying they shldnt be married. That's selfish. Any info on the CVS thingy. Me I have a friend oh!!!
Sure, AA can marry AA and have babies with leukaemia, heart ,lungs or kidney probs and suffer pains an SS will never suffer.
My take, make sure ur steps are directed by God. Marry right for love, peace of mind in God's will too...very important. Very good to knw ur blood types,genotype, groups, pH, etc just to knw how to b guided so as not to tempt God.
If God chooses a partner for u, then he will lead you and stand with u thru it all. But knw d steps u shld take in avoiding certain stuff as much as humanly possible by taking folic acid weeks into ur wedding date when u will be deflowered and possibility of getting pregnant is high, once u are pregnant pls take supplements like pregancare plus with omega3, eat plenty fruits n vegetables with beans and all sorts like soyamilk, natural cheese(wara), nuts etc VERY IMPORTANT IF BOTH SPOUSES ARE AS,, OR SS WTH AS. ..and good for all too just to have healthy babies.
Now, if u already have an SS, it doesn't mean ur child will always b sick or die young, NO. SS can live long to full old age in sound health if healthy lifestyle is adopted young enough esp in d 1st 2000 days of its formation... DTS 0-2yrs.
Continue folic acid syrup for ur baby immediately after he's born WTH abidec or other multivamins,eat healthy to pass good nutrients in breastmilk exclusively for six months and continuously for at least a year, never exposed to extreme wheather esp cold, don't bathe cold water, drink plenty of water and d child is trained to continue healthy lifestyle and hygiene.
Wat sickness from the pit of heal will make such a baby sick whether SS ,AA OR AS...NON...because it won't prevail.
However, check a child DTS malnourished and without proper hygiene, pls he will look sickly,weak, greened eyeballs and ...even kwashiorkor will b well pronounced despite d fact DT he's AA...
DT a child is SS doesn't mean he will sickly or die before an AS or AA, many kids WTH leukaemia, constant malaria ( like my dad of blessed memory who was AA),heart or kidney probs are not SS. We have very healthy and exceptionally brilliant and intelligent SS dts never bn sick, married and given birth without any problems, had one who had twins(boys) - they are fifteen years now...mother and twins enjoying life but d mother is SS. Many of her AA friends were sick in pregnancies and even died in child labour...pls God can't b mocked...he will do wat he will do and can't b questioned.
If u want to totally avoid SS, u can opt for ivf to determine sex and genotype of ur babies, or if already pregnant within 8-13wks, u can opt for CVS at lasuth, sickle cell center... Opp luth, high rocks hospital at lekki...all will be well WTH u if u already have an SS pls take d child to mercy Hosp,luth or lasuth to b well guided asap for regular check ups and all DT...in addition to d tips given above...In all, put God first.
What's my interest here? I'm a legal practitioner as a professional and a minister in the temple of justice as a calling, I do a lot of mediation especially for couples just to avoid divorce because we are tired of divorce in our courts, separating families and leaving kids to wander abt and become nuisance and threats to our society...we are tired pls...many of d marriages are borne out of convenience... Genotype, money,etc pls marry for love and peace of mind in God's own divine will. All d best my people.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As by med123(m): 11:49pm On Feb 26, 2018
You can do your prenatal genotype test at Greene Diagnostics, Benin city. Doctors are on ground to give you medical advise after test and also you get to use expert hands.

Enquiries: +2348025200314
Re: Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As by med123(m): 3:32pm On Oct 02, 2021
Greene Diagnostics Clinic does High-graded PGT for Couple who cannot risk having a SS Baby. Price is Cheap, and with Expert Handlers who are Seasoned Consultant Physicians.

Phone number: 08025200314
Re: Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As by Emly27: 5:08pm On Oct 02, 2021
CVS test is done at sickle cell center opposite LUTH idiaraba,Lagos
It cost #270000
Re: Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As by MrPresent(m): 3:55pm On Oct 03, 2021
My patient have this issue.

She was AS

Her fiancee was AS.

Her 2 younger siblings were SS.

They both died.

I was treating the Sister with AS who was battling with Kidney, heart and brain complications.

Along the line, the treatment worked and changed her AS Genotype to AA.

She almost ran mad. She couldn't believe it.

She was now able to marry her AS Fiancee.
Re: Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As by med123(m): 1:13am On Oct 25, 2021
You can book for chorionic Villus Sampling test ( CVS) prenatal Fetal Genotype Test with us.

Greene Diagnostics
16c, Uwasota Rd
Benin city.
www.gdcl.ng
info@gdcl.ng

IVF and PGT also available
Re: Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As by podada(m): 10:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
MrPresent:
My patient have this issue.

She was AS

Her fiancee was AS.

Her 2 younger siblings were SS.

They both died.

I was treating the Sister with AS who was battling with Kidney, heart and brain complications.

Along the line, the treatment worked and changed her AS Genotype to AA.

She almost ran mad. She couldn't believe it.

She was now able to marry her AS Fiancee.

I don’t understand. Can genotype change?

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Body Lotions For African Skin / "Hand Of Hope": 21-week-old Unborn Fetus Reach Out Towards The Surgeon. See Why / Pls Help By Advising On How To Get Rid Off Scar After Surgery

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.