Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Dating Nigerian Men - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Nigerian Men (20196 Views)

"When It Comes To Women, Nigerian Men Are The Kings Of Africa" - South African / What A Ghanaian Lady Thinks About Dating Nigerian Men / Self Servicing Is Better Than Dating Nigerian Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by TheSonOfMark(m): 5:57pm On Apr 25, 2015
cyprus000:
me too,I don't lyk dating nigerian women ethier

THE FEELING IS MUTUAL SWEERY

She probably seeks effeminate men whom she'd have wrapped around her little finger By the time she's 40 she'll beg to be with us. ASK BIMBO AKINTOLA AND HALLE BERRY.
WE NIGERIAN MEN DON'T TAKE POO.

1 Like

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by Notyourb1tch(f): 5:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

It's a good thing she knows exactly what she wants but at 33 she's not a child and shouldn't be hung up on Nigerian men. Our men are what they are and no tribe/race is perfect. Sure our men have their imperfections, but who doesn't?

She can go marry a Black American if she likes. Why is she so hung up on our men? Na by force to marry? If she's meeting the wrong type, then she should either expand her dating pool (like she knows she should), or she should take a deeper look within herself to find out what sort of person she portrays herself as or the message she gives off about her person

She says she's not trying to bash our men but her video isn't far off from it. Let her find who'll make her happy and quit with the slagging off.

Her comment annoys me jor.

CC: Chillisauce. Smartmom. Bukytayne. Ifyalways. Edwife.
I don't think she is hung up on Nigerian men. I think she is actually quite open to dating others. She clearly states in the video that it is about her personal experience with the Nigerian men she has interacted with. Truth be told her height and age is not helping matters.

It can be hard trying to relate to a culture when you yourself are a product of other influences. As a 1st generation, I can relate to her wanting to date her culture but there being room for her to add other influences. Maybe she went wrong when she generalized, but there was a lot of truth in what she said. She didn't lie about the bending and the twisting that some women do just to get married either and how you are considered old after you pass 30

6 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by EfemenaXY: 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2015
edwife:

She should go and shove it already.Isn't it her mates and younger ones getting married every weekend to Nigerian Men?

She is what she attracts. undecided

Thank you!

babyosisi:

But everything she says is true sha
Our men are tough
Only our women can handle them as they are
Go and see naija men married to AA or Oyibo,they do what you could never believe our men are capable of
They will be cooking and cleaning and baking without complaining
Yes honey
Yes sweetie
Running around serving guests
We went to visit one and he was baking
An Igbo man o,wearing apron and baking and serving guests
Had his wife been nigerian that will never happen
He will sit and be cracking jokes while his wife is cooking and serving

For them to marry Americans they make major adjustments which many of our men are not willing to make
This girl is very correct in her observation

That isn't entirely true.

It's unfair to categorize our men like that. Even my late father-in-law (God rest his soul) was an excellent cook and entertainer. Hubby cooks. My dad cooked. My youngest brother cooks so well, he's almost putting his sisters to "shame". Hubby cooks. All my boys cook and are well brought up (as per knowing how to treat a woman).

Let's be honest here. We are what we attract. She should go search herself.

1 Like

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by Notyourb1tch(f): 6:03pm On Apr 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Thank you!

It's unfair to categorize our men like that. Even my late father-in-law (God rest his soul) was an excellent cook and entertainer. Hubby cooks. My dad cooked. My youngest brother cooks so well, he's almost putting his sisters to "shame". Hubby cooks. All my boys cook and are well brought up (as per knowing how to treat a woman).

I don't believe that BS you are what you attract. If that was true, all good peeps would be together and all bad peeps will be together.Those men who cheat on their wifes. Did they ask their men to cheat on them? So they are what they attract yet they have not been cheating on their husbands.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Thank you!

My sister virtually all my social circle is made up of Nigerians
I know what I am saying
There is a big difference between nigerian men married to Oyibo or AA and those married to Nigerians
The ones married to Americans do a quick learning and adjustment and you wonder if na the same nigerian man
I am talking huge adjustment
Things we don't bother about,they will
Holding doors and opening car doors etc
I am yet to see a nigerian man married to a nigerian that does this on a regular basis

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by Subom1(f): 6:05pm On Apr 25, 2015
babyosisi:

Our men are tough
Go and see naija men married to AA or Oyibo,they do what you could never believe our men are capable of
Yes honey
Yes sweetie

For them to marry Americans they make major adjustments which many of our men are not willing to make

As in. 1000 likes

4 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by EfemenaXY: 6:08pm On Apr 25, 2015
Notyourb1tch:
I don't believe that BS you are what you attract. If that was true, all good peeps would be together and all bad peeps will be together.Those men who cheat on their wifes. Did they ask their men to cheat on them? So they are what they attract yet they have not been cheating on their husbands.

Quit with the swearing pls. It's not necessary and I don't like it.

Yes, I stand by what I posted about being you are what you attract. The whole purpose of dating is to see if you're a compatible match. Fine, she hasn't met her match so far from her limited pool of Nigerian men, but does that give her the right to generalize? Would she happily classify her father and other menfolk in her family in the same way she's downgraded majority of our men?

She's in an environment where it's no big deal NOT TO GET MARRIED. So why is she going on and on and on about it? Why is she allowing her self to be hooked up with Nigerian men by her multitude of aunts / relatives? There's plenty of fish in the ocean. Let her look elsewhere na. Just because she's born of Nigerian parents doesn't mean she's got to get hitched to a Nigerian man.

She says one thing but means something else.

1 Like

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2015
Let them take their American wife to a party
Na dem go take off her coat
Na so so "are you ok dear?"
"Are you alright honey?"
" everything alright love"?
If na naija wife,for where,na who go ask you?
And when the woman says she is not ok,he gets up and they leave,party's over
If na naija wife ,who born you grin
You leave when he decides it is time to leave
Our culture can be very crude wallahi
That is the problem Americans have with African men

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by EfemenaXY: 6:11pm On Apr 25, 2015
Notyourb1tch:
I don't think she is hung up on Nigerian men. I think she is actually quite open to dating others. She clearly states in the video that it is about her personal experience with the Nigerian men she has interacted with. Truth be told her height and age is not helping matters.

It can be hard trying to relate to a culture when you yourself are a product of other influences. As a 1st generation, I can relate to her wanting to date her culture but there being room for her to add other influences. Maybe she went wrong when she generalized, but there was a lot of truth in what she said. She didn't lie about the bending and the twisting that some women do just to get married either and how you are considered old after you pass 30

I am a first generation Nigerian married to a first generation Nigerian man too. So is Babyosisi. And many others I'm sure.

Re: the bolded, then why bother at all. Since her experience has been a nightmare so far, it begs the question as to why she keeps going back for more.

1 Like

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by Notyourb1tch(f): 6:12pm On Apr 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Quit with the swearing pls. It's not necessary and I don't like it.

Yes, I stand by what I posted about being you are what you attract. The whole purpose of dating is to see if you're a compatible match. Fine, she hasn't met her match so far from her limited pool of Nigerian men, but does that give her the right to generalize? Would she happily classify her father and other menfolk in her family in the same way she's downgraded majority of our men?

She in an environment where it's no big deal NOT TO GET MARRIED. So why is she going on and on and on about it? Why is she allowing her self to be hooked up with Nigerian men by her multitude of aunts / relatives. There's plenty of fish in the ocean. Let her look elsewhere na. Just because she's born of Nigerian parents doesn't mean she's got to get hitched to a Nigerian man.

She says one thing but means something else.
Lol because I said BS you are having a hissy fit about it? Like I said before, there is no such thing as you are what you attract otherwise why do some good people end up with bad people? Let's just agree to disagree okay

10 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

I am a first generation Nigerian married to a first generation Nigerian man too. So is Babyosisi. And many others I'm sure.

Re: the bolded, then why bother at all. Since her experience has been a nightmare so far, it begs the question as to why she keeps going back for more.

No we are not

First generation nigerian Americans are our children
We are immigrants

Believe me sis every first generation nigerian American girl I have come across says the same exact things this girl is saying
Their parents would want them to marry a nigerian
And they don't want a man that is dug in his ways like their father
They want a man like the boys and young men they have interacted with

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by Notyourb1tch(f): 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

That's my point. I understand why as a first generation she would want to be with a first generation Nigerian man and not FOB because of the above I just stated. It seems you did not watch the video at all
Re: Dating Nigerian Men by EfemenaXY: 6:16pm On Apr 25, 2015
babyosisi:
Na so so are you ok dear?
Are you alright honey?
If na naija wife,for where
Ad when the woman says she is not ok,he gets up and they leave
If na naija wife ,who born you

grin grin grin

You'll be surprised what the lure of papers can do. If they're sooooo lovey dovey as you say, then why do many of them drop these women like hot cakes the minute they've solidified their stay in Obodo oyinbo and always go back home to get married to the real deal?

Yes, most of these men turned into boy-boy houseboys will continue to swallow the shyte thrown at them till they get what they want.

Let her go marry an AA man na. They'll show her pepper. At the very least, our men have strong cultural value and will not abandon their wives and kids. Their full blooded Nigerian wives and kids.

It's a give and take situation.

3 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by Notyourb1tch(f): 6:16pm On Apr 25, 2015
babyosisi:

No we are not

We are immigrants

Believe me sis very first nigerian American girl I have come across says the same exact things this girl is saying
Thank you.
Re: Dating Nigerian Men by EfemenaXY: 6:18pm On Apr 25, 2015
Notyourb1tch:
Lol because I said BS you are having a hissy fit about it? Like I said before, there is no such thing as you are what you attract otherwise why do some good people end up with bad people? Let's just agree to disagree okay

Lol @ hissy fit.

Perhaps. I don't know you and you don't know me. Doesn't mean we can't be civil to each other. But yes, let's agree to disagree on that one.

1 Like

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

grin grin grin

You'll be surprised what the lure of papers can do. If they're sooooo lovey dovey as you say, then why do many of them drop these women like hot cakes the minute they've solidified their stay in Obodo oyinbo and always go back home to get married to the real deal?

Yes, most of these men turned into boy-boy houseboys will continue to swallow the shyte thrown at them till they get what they want.

Let her go marry an AA man na. They'll show her pepper. At the very least, our men have strong cultural value and will not abandon their wives and kids. Their full blooded Nigerian wives and kids.

It's a give and take situation.

I am not talking of paper wives
I am talking about marriages that have lasted a decade plus
They are so polite and good mannered
A naija that has been trained by Oyibo wife will make a good husband wallahi
Hopefully he won't fall to his old ways

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by EfemenaXY: 6:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
babyosisi:

No we are not

We are immigrants

Believe me sis every first generation nigerian American girl I have come across says the same exact things this girl is saying
Their parents would want them to marry a nigerian
And they don't want a man that is dug in his ways like their father
They want a man like the boys and young men they have interacted with

Well, we (hubby and I) certainly aren't immigrants. We were born and bred here for a while before being whisked back to Naija to get some Naija values entrenched in us.

Anyway, she should leave our men alone jare. They don't want her. That's why she's still searching amongst them.

2 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by EfemenaXY: 6:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
babyosisi:

I am not talking of paper wives
I am talking about marriages that have lasted a decade plus
They are so polite and good mannered
A naija that has been trained by Oyibo wife will make a good husband wallahi
Hopefully he won't fall to his old ways

Such a man will never be happy and is just a tightly wound coil waiting to snap. A leopard can never change ALL of it's spots. What you've described is a completely watered down man with no manhood, no pride.

Tell me something then sis...do such men, when they visit Naija with their Oyinbo wives and kids do all of what you've described? i.e: opening doors. Hanging her coat. Rubbing her hands so the hammattern doesn't bite her frail fingers. Polishes her shoes. Calls her "darling" even when they're having an argument. Cleans up after her. And so on and so forth?

3 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by blackpanther25(m): 6:31pm On Apr 25, 2015
This bish is using Nigerian men as a scape goat cause she's 6'3' ...she needs to blame her giant gene parents.

3 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by blackpanther25(m): 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Such a man will never be happy and is just a tightly wound coil waiting to snap. A leopard can never change ALL of it's spots. What you've described is a completely watered down man with no manhood, no pride.

Tell me something then sis...do such men, when they visit Naija with their Oyinbo wives and kids do all of what you've described? i.e: opening doors. Hanging her coat. Rubbing her hands so the hammattern doesn't bite her frail fingers. Polishes her shoes. Calls her "darling" even when they're having an argument. Cleans up after her. And so on and so forth?
This is a Gross generalisation and I don't think you are in a position to talk for the full Nigerian male population. There are lots of Nigerian men happily married to non Nigerian women (not just whites but other Africans, AA, etc etc). Just because some men date Non-Nigerian women does not mean they have no pride and no manhood. Everyone has preferences and to be honest Nigerian Women can be something else. All am saying is stop speaking for us. Thanks

9 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by T3Amo(f): 6:43pm On Apr 25, 2015
blackpanther25:
This bish is using Nigerian men as a scape goat cause she's 6'3' ...she needs to blame her giant gene parents.
Why are you so harsh?
Re: Dating Nigerian Men by T3Amo(f): 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2015
Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fo4EUM_0J4

I feel this was better conveyed and I get a clearer vision of what she's saying. This was a powerful video. She's very brave for putting herself out there

4 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by EfemenaXY: 6:50pm On Apr 25, 2015
blackpanther25:
This is a Gross generalisation and I don't think you are in a position to talk for the full Nigerian male population. There are lots of Nigerian men happily married to non Nigerian women (not just whites but other Africans, AA, etc etc). Just because some men date Non-Nigerian women does not mean they have no pride and no manhood. Everyone has preferences and to be honest Nigerian Women can be something else. All am saying is stop speaking for us. Thanks

And where exactly in my post have I indicated that I'm speaking on behalf of the entire Nigerian male population?

Re: the bolded - I don't think you too are in a position to speak on behalf of all Nigerian women. So stop speaking for us also. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by EfemenaXY: 6:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
Anyway, I've given my opinion on this thread. Nothing else to add.

#Thread unfollowed.#
Re: Dating Nigerian Men by cyprus000: 7:02pm On Apr 25, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

She probably seeks effeminate men whom she'd have wrapped around her little finger By the time she's 40 she'll beg to be with us. ASK BIMBO AKINTOLA AND HALLE BERRY.
WE NIGERIAN MEN DON'T TAKE POO.
true talk bro.

I dont fucckin give a hoot,wat does galz beliv.
I am no asslicker of any femal,both foriegn and indeginious.

But I had rather go for foreign than home base,bcs most of them are uncut,mannarless,arrogant with shallow reasoning and yet,this same gals xpect boyz to come begging and crawling to date their sorry ass,while they have nothing to offer.

What pains my heart the most,is the way those boyz boost their ego.

1 Like

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by cococandy(f): 7:04pm On Apr 25, 2015
babyosisi:

Our men are tough
Yes honey
Yes sweetie

grin I don't know why that's a funny picture to imagine.

3 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by cococandy(f): 7:07pm On Apr 25, 2015
babyosisi:
Na so so "are you ok dear?"
"Are you alright honey?"
" everything alright love"?
If na naija wife,for where,na who go ask you?
And when the woman says she is not ok,he gets up and they leave,party's over
If na naija wife ,who born you grin
Our culture can be very crude wallahi
That is the problem Americans have with African men
Well then I can say My DH is an epitome of Americanized man I guess. grin
Because he does more than all that:

He even wears apron to cook (no he doesn't bake grin)

I'm just saying I think she generalized a bit too much. That's the problem with generalizations. They take attention away from the details and lump everyone in the same boat.

But she totally right about them not liking women taller than them just like most women don't like guys shorter than them. It's a genetic thing maybe.
BTW I think she's pretty kiss

1 Like

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by Subom1(f): 7:09pm On Apr 25, 2015
T3Amo:
Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fo4EUM_0J4

I feel this was better conveyed and I get a clearer vision of what she's saying. This was a powerful video. She's very brave for putting herself out there
I completely understood where she was coming from in her first video. I kinda got a defensive feeling from her in this second one. I'm assuming she received some backlash so she was trying to clear things up. But she told no lies and she shouldn't apologize.

I like her alot. She seems very strong minded and she is beautiful too.
Re: Dating Nigerian Men by Dahjhi: 7:16pm On Apr 25, 2015
Subom1:
She was like talking to me through the spirit man. I swear when she was talking that I was totally finishing her sentences. I agree with a lot of what she was saying. About the roles and the power dynamics of being in a marriage or a relationship with a full out 100% nigerian man and not wanting to conform in order to make it work. Before I met my man, I said the same thing. I would only date a 1st generation naija boy, because he'd have the swag I like and we would have similar experiences culturally yet it wouldn't be sooo strict and staunch in the experience. Like we could order out and he wouldn't be expecting jollof rice and egusi soup like everyday LOL

She also mentioned the older women or men who rag on you because you're not in your early twenties and still have not found a partner. My grandma told my mother at 30 that she was too old to marry again. I was in total disbelief. And she ragged on me for not having a husband and no children, that she was old when she got married at 22. In my head I was thinking," what am I? a dinosaur fossil in comparison?"

They'd even bring these suitors to visit, who were annoying and yes arrogant as hell. I was like," why you tryna push this dude up on me?" Completely clueless. then I saw him at a mall a year later and he was like," I got married." and gave me the "oh you missed out glance". In my head I was thinking,"boo, I wasn't even checkin for you. "
grin grin
Re: Dating Nigerian Men by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
I think she's got the cultural differences nailed on. To be honest, it would be difficult for a Nigerian man who has lived a greater part of his life in Nigeria, to share domestic duties with his (Nigerian) wife. After all, he paid a substantial bride price (including stuff on the 'list'); so to him the 'wifely' duties should strictly be left to the woman.

3 Likes

Re: Dating Nigerian Men by sevule(m): 7:22pm On Apr 25, 2015
Xiadnat:
I hear you on age, height and so called strong personality.

*sighs*. I date all kinds of men.

I consider myself to have a strong personality, but I think you just need to have proper balance.

There is a proper time for everything; time to be strong and time to be weak. Time to lead, time to follow. Time to be smart and time to be dumb. Time to speak up, time to shut up. Time to laugh, time to cry. Time to work, time to have fun. Time to wear pants, time to wear skirt. Get the point?

Extreme of anything is not good-for most of life's issues. IMHO

GBAM!!! You hit the nail right on the head Ma'am. I have always been attracted to strong women and I cannot imagine not getting married to one. But being a strong woman does NOT mean dropping your brain on the sidewalk. I don't buy the whole blunt thing and like you rightly said there is a time for everything. You can be naturally blunt but an indirect approach is required for certain situations.

By the time she tells all the guys in her life to lose her number she would be wondering why she is still single at 60
Re: Dating Nigerian Men by Subom1(f): 7:35pm On Apr 25, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Friend Said Jokingly That She Has Macromastia. What Exactly Is Macromastia? / How Many People Have You Dated So Far? / Meet The Lady With The Biggest Booty In Africa(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.