Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,485 members, 7,781,458 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:45 PM

Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot (57858 Views)

Budget 2017: S-south, S-east Get N52.8bn For Road Projects / Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu / APC Considers Akume, Remi Tinubu As Saraki’s Replacement - NationalMirror (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by Sooroptimist1: 6:43pm On Apr 25, 2015
APC zones Senate presidency to North-East, Speakership to South West

Following resolutions at the APC leadership meeting in Abuja on Wednesday, April 21; which mandated the party to come up with a more acceptable zoning formula, there are strong indications that the All Progressives Congress (APC) has come up with a new zoning arrangement.

The new zoning structure, a copy of which was seen by our correspondent, takes cognisance of performance, integrity, legislative experience and ranking in considering candidates for National Assembly positions.

The new zoning formula cedes the Senate Presidency to the North-east while the Speaker goes to the South-west.

The position of Senate Leader went to the North-west while the deputy Senate President went to North-central.

Stakeholders privy to the new zoning formula from the North west and North east expressed delight with the new arrangement while some members of the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) who know of the new arrangement but not mandated to speak said: “the new zoning formula is with our leaders. We only await directives to make it public.”

Meanwhile, three lawmakers eyeing the Senate Presidency from the North central are yet to respond to journalists enquiries on the party’s new zoning arrangement.

The proposed zoning table is presented below:

SOURCE:http://dailypost.ng/2015/04/25/apc-zones-senate-presidency-to-north-east-speakership-to-south-west/

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by Realdeals(m): 6:45pm On Apr 25, 2015

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by richidinho(m): 6:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
Inexperience fools

18 Likes

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
Who cares?

Waiting for 1dollar= 1 naira

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by nzeobi(m): 6:51pm On Apr 25, 2015
If its zoned to NE then PDP should change it to NC or SW

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by ZACHIE: 6:53pm On Apr 25, 2015
richidinho:

Inexperience fools
Yes o.
But much unlike the experienced PhD ---man who asked;How much did he stole?

107 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by Sooroptimist1: 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2015
I am most sympathetic towards Bukola Saraki who already tweeted about his chance of becoming the Senate President when the party had not really concluded the zoning or slating process

A case of jumping the gun

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by lwise(m): 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2015
Rubbish

PDP=APC
Same style

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by PPAngel(f): 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2015
Then if this is true, I foresee David Mark riding back to be Senate President.

The APC NC will be split btween David Mark and whoever APC has in the NE

I see Tinubu who was backing Akume order his puppets to vote against the APC.

A northeast senate president will make Buhari inviscible and too powerful.

Tinubu will want to check Buhari's new political base.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by richidinho(m): 6:59pm On Apr 25, 2015
ZACHIE:

Yes o.
But much unlike the experienced PhD ---man who asked;Hoe much did he stole?

Where diz one commot from?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by Sooroptimist1: 7:07pm On Apr 25, 2015
PPAngel:
[s]Then if this is true, I foresee David Mark riding back to be Senate President.

Tinubu will want to check Buhari's new political base[/s].

Can you just keep your peace and not meddle into an affair you know zilch about

What make you think Tinubu will want to checkmate a President who respects him and who he also contributed a lot to enthrone

From the word GO.....Buhari and Tinubu have held each other in high esteem and mutual respect

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by Elslim: 7:14pm On Apr 25, 2015
Thank God... I'm happy dat dubious saraki won't get d thing...

20 Likes

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by PPAngel(f): 7:15pm On Apr 25, 2015
Sooroptimist1:

Can you just keep your peace and not meddle into an affair you know zilch about

What make you think Tinubu will want to checkmate a President who respects him and who he also contributed a lot to enthrone

From the word GO.....Buhari and Tinubu have held each other in high esteem and mutual respect

Go ask Obasanjo about Yaradua and Goodluck how they schemed him out of their govts even though OBJ handpicked and supported them both to the presidency. Obasanjo was helpless because he had no single stake in the national assembly.

Come may 29 protocol will demand that Tinubu can not see Buhari whenever he desires.

Tinubu's controll of the house is not only to check buhari but also to remain actively relevant in a Buhari presidency acting as a go between buhari and the house

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 25, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Who cares?

...just exercise extreme patience...

5 Likes

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by ZACHIE: 7:25pm On Apr 25, 2015
richidinho:

Where diz one commot from?
Hahaha
Pele no vex.
Anuses have uses apart from excretion.
They sire folks like you.

1 Like

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by richidinho(m): 7:29pm On Apr 25, 2015
ZACHIE:

Hahaha
Pele no vex.
Anuses have uses apart from excretion.
They sire folks like you.

U don kolo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by ZACHIE: 7:30pm On Apr 25, 2015
richidinho:

U don kolo
cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by Caseless: 7:35pm On Apr 25, 2015
PPAngel:

Go ask Obasanjo about Yaradua and Goodluck how they schemed him out of their govts even though OBJ handpicked and supported them both to the presidency. Obasanjo was helpless because he had no single stake in the national assembly.

Come may 29 protocol will demand that Tinubu can not see Buhari whenever he desires.

Tinubu's controll of the house is not only to check buhari but also to remain actively relevant in a Buhari presidency acting as a go between buhari and the house
save us this story. Tony Anenih saw gej whenever he wished throughout gej's presidency. What protocol are you talking about? BUHARI will need the advice of his party men than that of members of his cabinet.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by PPAngel(f): 7:37pm On Apr 25, 2015
rEad segun adeniyi's book on Yaradua

Even obj had to get an appointment to see yaradua

Buhari is not fashola and aso rock is not alausa
Caseless:
save us this story. Tony Anenih saw gej whenever he wished throughout gej's presidency. What protocol are you talking about? BUHARI will need the advice of his party men than that of his members of his cabinet.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by ayokellany: 7:42pm On Apr 25, 2015
PPAngel:
Then if this is true, I foresee David Mark riding back to be Senate President.

Tinubu will want to check Buhari's new political base.

Pls continue with your tomfoolery. You have 4 more years of this kind of pitiful lamentation. Amadioha kill anyone that beg or even ask you to stop.

19 Likes

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by Caseless: 7:42pm On Apr 25, 2015
PPAngel:
rEad segun adeniyi's book on Yaradua

Even obj had to get an appointment to see yaradua

Buhari is not fashola and aso rock is not alausa
there are people protocols are breached for. What happened under yaradua was a move to break himself from obj. But, BUHARI is a naturally grateful person. He knows what Tinubu's style of godfatherism has done in the southwest and, won't wan to turn his back on him in that quick succession. We all know Tinubu is a better person than obj. You can see why yaradua subjected obj to protocols and Tinubu might have them breached for him.

15 Likes

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by MrBasketball: 7:46pm On Apr 25, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Who cares?

Why u mumu like this?

4 Likes

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by Caseless: 7:47pm On Apr 25, 2015
APC adviced that we disregard any story in the name of zoning arrangements , as that has been put to rest right now. I shall wait to hear from them again and see which zone gets what. Bukola Saraki and gbaja are my men in this case.

I can't wait to see David Mark as an ordinary senator.

9 Likes

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by sunkoye: 7:47pm On Apr 25, 2015
Elslim:
Thank God... I'm happy dat dubious saraki won't get d thing...
bro....u cant be happier than me. Dia will always be a Pharaoh that will not know Joseph again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
Change is changing the changers.

Na now Politics start o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by sakaguchi(m): 7:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
APC won't kill us in this country oo!
Choi

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 24, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because this post gave me cancer anyway.

10 Likes

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by dejii01(m): 7:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
Interesting
Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by LMAyedun(m): 7:49pm On Apr 25, 2015
My sympathy goes to Olubukola Saraki tongue

4 Likes

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by Sunnycliff(m): 7:49pm On Apr 25, 2015
APC AND their flair for East! it was once south east, now It's North east! Must it be east oriented?

3 Likes

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by paosca10: 7:49pm On Apr 25, 2015
Dats bad!!!

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by sweatholder(m): 7:50pm On Apr 25, 2015
Hmmm u see how south south voted 4 moni, nw he don fail us all. Let dem giv d yorubas instead, too many norths nw na aba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Playing Football In His Compound (Video) / INEC Declares Emeka Ihedioha Winner Of Imo Governorship Election 2019 / We Were Forced To Rig In Favour Of APC - INEC Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.