Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing (196663 Views)

Anthony Joshua Pictured With Floyd Mayweather And Crew / DOWNLOAD Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao FIGHT / See The $1m Emerald Belt For The Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao Boxing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 3:03pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

Broner has never been in the ring with neither Manny nor Flyod.

Today's Maidana should knock Amir Khan out - even the raw Maidana he fought back then rocked him a few times and would've knocked him out, if not for the ref. Mayweather fought Maidana cos he earned it by beating Broner. Victor Ortis earned it by fighting like a warrior and defeating undefeated Andre Berto (back then).

As for the rest, they were poor fighters handpicked for Manny. Perhaps, he needs to fight Manny. He's qualified grin

Of course I know Broner has never been in the ring with any of the two but if not for his brotherly relationship with Floyd he would have gotten his own shot. The Maidana Kahn beat and Mayweather was asking Kahn to fight Broner as undercard for his Maidana 1 fight, haba bro you know Kahn is better than that. Don't foget Floyd struggle against Judah and Kahn easily KO him and that is the only fight that Floyd glove touch floor.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by NiRfreak(m): 3:04pm On May 02, 2015
preambles and weigh in starts by 1:30 am......fight starts around 3am....super sport2.....stay glued to ur tv between 2 and 4 am
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 3:08pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

Of course I know Broner has never been in the ring with any of the two but if not for his brotherly relationship with Floyd he would have gotten his own shot. The Maidana Kahn beat and Mayweather was asking Kahn to fight Broner as undercard for his Maidana fight, haba bro you know Kahn is better than that. Don't foget Floyd struggle against Judah and Kahn easily KO him and that is the only fight that Floyd glove touch floor.

Khan isn't that big. Is he on PPV? So, why can't he fight as an undercard? He thinks he's bigger than he's and that isn't the case.

Khan fought a washed up Judah, while Mayweather fought a prime Zab Judah - peep the difference. And that fight was too dirty, on Judah's part, to even make any sense whatsoever. Judah never went there to box, he went to rough Mayweather up and play all kinds of dirty games. I don't even count that fight, to be honest.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 3:10pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

Khan isn't that big. Is he on PPV? So, why can't he fight as an undercard? He thinks he's bigger than he's and that isn't the case.

Khan fought a washed up Judah, while Mayweather fought a prime Zab Judah - peep the difference. And that fight was too dirty, on Judah's part, to even make any sense whatsoever. Judah never went there to box, he went to rough Mayweather up and play all kinds of dirty games. I don't even count that fight, to be honest.

One thing I am sure is he would get his shot, UK and the entire middle East are behind him.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by 50calibre(m): 3:11pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

Pacman was juicing up back then cos it's difficult to move up in weight (to different weight classes) and still retain the same power. Hence he gave excuses about not liking needles. Since his conditioner left him, how many people has he knocked out? And he looks more vulnerable than ever.

It's actually perfect timing for both. Mayweather needs the fight to cement his legacy and add a few hundreds of millions to his almost $300 million net worth, and he's going to retire in September, after his last fight. Pacman is broke - he owes Uncle Sam $75 million, so he needs the money.

The old Pacman is gone - it left him after he stopped juicing up and Marquez knocked him out cold. He shouldn't get too aggressive, else, he'll be knocked out cold again. I don't even think the fight will be as close as most think, trust me.

This is Pacman:

Then how was he able to beat the system this long? These guys are subjected to rigorous testing before & after fights, the system is too sophisticated for drug cheats, no way is anyone (let alone a Filipino) going to pull that off with the kind of millions at stake in these fights.. The boxing cooperations are no mugs, they must have looked into Pacquiao when these allegations were flying around.

Mayweather demanded that Pacquiao be subjected to Olympic style testing which required random blood tests over a period of 3-6 months.. That's just too painful, I wouldn't even agree to it.

As you said, it's difficult to move up weight class and still maintain power but not impossible.

How the hell is Pacquiao broke, are you sure that's true? The guy has career earnings in excess of $200 mill, and he's not as extravagant as floyd so where did all his money go?

Hahaha people keep bringing up this Marquez KO.. you should remember he fought this guy 4 times of which he won 2, drew 1. I think this KO made him a better man, and will make him a better fighter. Don't expect floyd to do this, he's no Marquez and I don't think Pacquiao will be foolishly jumping in like he did there. grin

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by chic2pimp(m): 3:13pm On May 02, 2015
roymary:

Styles makes fight- A southpaw boxer is a huge problem and when you have a boxer like Pacman with unimaginable punching angles and awesome footwork with devastating left hook- you are in for a hell of a night. WHen PAcman got knocked out by Marquez, Manny was winning that damn fight- he got too reckless and was caught. Every boxer has a bad day and i guess that was his- Tonight Floyd will kiss the canvass- he couldn't handpick Manny.

It definitely does. It's all well and good highlighting Pacs advantages but He has never fought a Boxer like Pretty. The advantage Manny has over Floyd are speed,stamina and being a more powerful puncher(we all know Floyd is more accurate but Manny hits harder). However these are the categories Floyd has been beat

- RING IQ: As I said earlier on this page, no one does the infight adjustment thingy better than Floyd. It would seem like He is loosing a fight one moment and then the next He is to another UD. He is a master tactician when it comes to the aspect.

-FOOTWORK: yes Pacman has the in and out movement. Yes His footwork is amazing but is it greater than Floyd's? Don't think so. Being probably the best defensive boxer of all time(pau Floyd's TBE comments no attention) requires you to possess sublime footwork. He has also mastered the "Hit and do not get Hit" boxing mantra down to a tee. He never stays in one place, He is always on his toes hence why distractors like to throw the "Running" jibe at it. Lastly Marquez who knows a thing or two about footwork says Floyd's better and I agree

- CHIN :Manny has been knocked out Floyd hasn't. Need I say more. Although it can be argued Manny's style leaves him open for a knockout but who's fault is that
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 3:14pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

One thing I am sure is he would get his shot, UK and the entire middle East are behind him.

UK wants to see a Brit in a big bout, but not everyone will support him - peep the difference. A lot of folks don't like Amir Khan, and rightfully so. He talks too much. He definitely won't get the same support Ricky Hatton got.

As for Arab Muslims, good for them - they haven't had any decent boxer with Arab ancestry, since Prince Naseem Hamed (my nyggah).

But boxing purists don't care about Khan. grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 3:16pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

UK wants to see a Brit in a big bout, but not everyone will support him - peep the difference. A lot of folks don't like Amir Khan, and rightfully so. He talks too much. He definitely won't get the same support Ricky Hatton got.

As for Arab Muslims, good for them - they haven't had any decent boxer with Arab ancestry, since Prince Naseem Hamed (my nyggah).

But boxing purists don't care about Khan. grin

Lol.. grin grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by chic2pimp(m): 3:18pm On May 02, 2015
Nihilist:

Money MOST DEFINITELY doesn't want to trade with Pac. We already know that Pac is going to coming swinging, cutting the lanes, and trying to get in. Floyd senior is ready for this and announced that Money is going to try and end it early.My money is on Counter punch KO in the 4th,5th or 6th.

I dey go barb my hair and collect my suit.

Man is watching this one suited and booted. no time

If He does then Me might as well put 1 loss on his record right now. I'm sure He knows all to well there is only one winner in a slugfest so He'll try and avoid that.

Loooooool grin grin grin grin craze person. Me i dey try to catch early sleep. I know my body won't hold up If I don't go bed extremely early today. Great fight it will be though whatever the results
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 3:28pm On May 02, 2015
50calibre:

Then how was he able to beat the system this long? These guys are subjected to rigorous testing before & after fights, the system is too sophisticated for drug cheats, no way is anyone (let alone a Filipino) going to pull that off with the kind of millions at stake in these fights.. The boxing cooperations are no mugs, they must have looked into Pacquiao when these allegations were flying around.

Mayweather demanded that Pacquiao be subjected to Olympic style testing which required random blood tests over a period of 3-6 months.. That's just too painful, I wouldn't even agree to it.

As you said, it's difficult to move up weight class and still maintain power but not impossible.

How the hell is Pacquiao broke, are you sure that's true? The guy has career earnings in excess of $200 mill, and he's not as extravagant as floyd so where did all his money go?

Hahaha people keep bringing up this Marquez KO.. you should remember he fought this guy 4 times of which he won 2, drew 1. I think this KO made him a better man, and will make him a better fighter. Don't expect floyd to do this, he's no Marquez and I don't think Pacquiao will be foolishly jumping in like he did there. grin

Lol. Tax evasion and Bob Arum pimping him. Check this link: http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2014/08/22/manny-pacquiao-lands-75-million-blow-in-tax-evasion-case/

That's why I laugh when ignorant folks mock Mayweather for flaunting his wealth, and say he's going to go broke. This guy has a net worth of over $280 million without any endorsement whatsoever and tax problems. Very smart businessman and with the genius of Al Haymon the ghost around you - you can never go broke. So, he knows what he's doing - bad publicity sells, hence all the haters always troop out to buy tickets and PPVs to see him lose - more money in the bank. Do you even know that two of his cars are part of the few cars on the planet that appreciates in value? He bought them for over a milli piece and they're both now worth over 6 milli combined - enough to foot the bill of all the cars he has, with loose change. grin

They don't really test them that much - Vegas is overly corrupt. And Pacman rarely stays in the US, so juicing would've been easy for him. For him to retain his punching after moving up in weight classes, is a pointer. He was juicing up and everyone knew.

How's it painful when it would be done by both parties? They also do it in other sports - so why should boxing be different?

Lol. Pacman never won two fights against Marquez - they rigged it twice. He only won one, and Marquez whooped his ar.se in the other three fights. Go watch those fights on YouTube. But did you see how Mayweather schooled Marquez?

3 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 3:33pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

Lol.. grin grin

Lol.

The whole country was behind Hatton - the last great British hope, after the greatness of Lennox Lewis. But when he took that sweet left hook, everyone almost cried. I remember that fight - it was my first year in Uni, and I watched it in a pub. Memories. Both St. George's flag and Union Jack were everywhere in that pub - and Brits were the loudest in vegas that night. grin

Reminiscent of David Haye Vs. Wladimir Klitschko - another hype who flopped. grin Can't be supporting flops, man. grin

Khan won't get the same support in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by daveP(m): 3:33pm On May 02, 2015
KingTom:
See me see my mumuness, I dey look Las Vegas time eh? Abeg na tomorrow I go find out, make I go sleep grin
lol
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 3:38pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol.

The whole country was behind Hatton - the last great British hope, after the greatness of Lennox Lewis. But when he took that sweet left hook, everyone almost cried. I remember that fight - it was my first year in Uni, and I watched it in a pub. Memories. Both St. George's flag and Union Jack were everywhere in that pub - and Brits were the loudest in vegas that night. grin

Reminiscent of David Haye Vs. Wladimir Klitschko - another hype who flopped. grin Can't be supporting flops, man. grin

Khan won't get the same support in the UK.

What about Chisoro Vs Klitschko? Another flop but trust me Kahn has British support already, Hatton and other retired boxers are have started calling for it but why do you hate Kahn nah?

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Franzeez(m): 3:38pm On May 02, 2015
I flew in from Sydney to Vegas and I must say I can't wait anymore, this is the highest sport event of the century. This is a blast! For me PacMan all d way!

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by daveP(m): 3:38pm On May 02, 2015
Stunner1:

Hahaha abeg oo I no sabi fyt oo na watch I dey watch

Bt I knw one or two wicked moves thanks to roman reigns
lipsrsealed grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by shaboti: 3:40pm On May 02, 2015
not a boxing fan at all but dunno why am so interested in this fight embarassed. The promoters try wellu wellu
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by freshcvv(m): 3:46pm On May 02, 2015
chic2pimp:

No mind am. Dude knows next to nothing about boxing but still insists on calling out folks with superior knowledge on the noble sport.

If manny keeps close and tight to Prettyboy all through the fight, If He can maintain the same level of intensity all through the rounds, He has an absolutely massive chance(Make it a brawler's contest rather than a Boxers). If not It's May. People tend to forget Mayweather in addition to being one of the most supremely gifted BOXER of all time is also one of the hardest worker in the history of Sport(Yes u heard that right. Not boxing o SPORT

So you self do not know Manny got beaten in 2004? When you think you know..chai...
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 3:47pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

What about Chisoro Vs Klitschko? Another flop but trust me Kahn has British support already, Hatton and other retired boxers are have started calling for it but why do you hate Kahn nah?

Lol. You remember the slogan for Ricky Hatton? - Gooo, Rickyyy Hatton!!! Till the left hook took him to sleep and he was never the same after that. grin

I don't even count Chisora as a boxer - he's more of a wannabe roadman from Zimbabwe who got into boxing, with his link to some naija dons (Uncles) from North London. He isn't even decent - not ratings. Even with his fake road nonsense - David Haye showed him what a real roadman from Peckham looks like. He's a bum.

Trust me, I used to like Amir Khan - but the doozy talks too much with his glass jaw, despite how poor boxers keep knocking him out everywhere. He thinks he's better than he's. At least Ricky Hatton, in his prime, did beat a couple of decent fighters and world champions. Kostya Tszyu and Castillo. Who has Amir Khan fought?

The UK has a decent young wave of new talents - and I'm focusing on them.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by KingTom(m): 3:48pm On May 02, 2015
daveP:
lol
grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 4:09pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. You remember the slogan for Ricky Hatton? - Gooo, Rickyyy Hatton!!! Till the left hook took him to sleep and he was never the same after that. grin

I don't even count Chisora as a boxer - he's more of a wannabe roadman from Zimbabwe who got into boxing, with his link to some naija dons (Uncles) from North London. He isn't even decent - not ratings. Even with his fake road nonsense - David Haye showed him what a real roadman from Peckham looks like. He's a bum.

Trust me, I used to like Amir Khan - but the doozy talks too much with his glass jaw, despite how poor boxers keep knocking him out everywhere. He thinks he's better than he's. At least Ricky Hatton, in his prime, did beat a couple of decent fighters and world champions. Kostya Tszyu and Castillo. Who has Amir Khan fought?

The UK has a decent young wave of new talents - and I'm focusing on them.

Yeah, he said a lot of unnecessary things when this fight was announced. Saying Mayweather took the easy way out as if he is better than Manny but I think that was because he thought he was the next in line and Mayweather opt for Manny.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 02, 2015
what i find ridiculous is that people are willing to pay 100 dollars to watch this fight on ppv ! its a major rip-off and why should i make a bunch of dudes that are already filthy rich even richer? i'll be watching this crap on replay!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 4:15pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

Yeah, he said a lot of unnecessary things when this fight was announced. Saying Mayweather took the easy way out as if he is better than Manny but I think that was because he thought he was the next in line and Mayweather opt for Manny.

He just wants a big pay check without earning it. I think that was also why he signed with Al Haymon.

I don't even think Mayweather will fight him. Fighting Pacman twice and retiring makes more business sense than fighting Amir Khan and his glass jaw. And he has only one fight left before he retires. Hopefully, he'll stay away from Khan and let him earn greatness by fighting folks on his level.

Khan is just an average boxer - he needs to focus on Kell Brook. Heck, there are few boxers in his weight class that will knock him out.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 4:17pm On May 02, 2015
It seems I just saw the "cao" chic.

Come drop some jewel, and don't chat shiit this time.

It's always refreshing to see chics who like contact sports.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by 50calibre(m): 4:25pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. Tax evasion and Bob Arum pimping him. Check this link: http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2014/08/22/manny-pacquiao-lands-75-million-blow-in-tax-evasion-case/

That's why I laugh when ignorant folks mock Mayweather for flaunting his wealth, and say he's going to go broke. This guy has a net worth of over $280 million without any endorsement whatsoever and tax problems. Very smart businessman and with the genius of Al Haymon the ghost around you - you can never go broke. So, he knows what he's doing - bad publicity sells, hence all the haters always troop out to buy tickets and PPVs to see him lose - more money in the bank. Do you even know that two of his cars are part of the few cars on the planet that appreciates in value? He bought them for over a milli piece and they're both now worth over 6 milli combined - enough to foot the bill of all the cars he has, with loose change. grin

They don't really test them that much - Vegas is overly corrupt. And Pacman rarely stays in the US, so juicing would've been easy for him. For him to retain his punching after moving up in weight classes, is a pointer. He was juicing up and everyone knew.

How's it painful when it would be done by both parties? They also do it in other sports - so why should boxing be different?

Lol. Pacman never won two fights against Marquez - they rigged it twice. He only won one, and Marquez whooped his ar.se in the other three fights. Go watch those fights on YouTube. But did you see how Mayweather schooled Marquez?

Lol Yeah those his Instagram pics are getting a lot of people really worked up. I personally don't have a problem with him flaunting his wealth, he earned every penny and deserves to do whatever he wants with his money but c'mon if billionaires can go broke, anyone can go broke.

Showing off a couple of cars, jewelleries and a few stacks of cash is not enough to make floyd broke. The guy earns money like no other athlete, he earned $75 million for his last two fights.. It's going to take a really bad decision like marriage to dent his net worth.

He may not be able to read words, but he definitely knows how to read numbers, he's in full control of his money. However, I don't know if I will call Floyd an astute business man, with all that money, there are a lot more business opportunities to be explored which he isn't exploring. In my opinion, his business acumen is not as sharp as that of 50 cent.

That been said, it's easy for floyd to spend without worry right now but after he retires and the money stops coming in bulk, then he's going to have to adjust his spending else he will run into problems sooner or later. I heard few weeks after this fight was announced, he wrote a letter to his team that he would retire after the two fight left in his contract, and won't be able to be everyone's saviour anymore. Smart move I must say. Leeches are the easiest way to bankruptcy.

As long as there's no juice in his blood or urine before or after the fight, then I don't see how it enhances his performance during the fight. Just like bodybuilding, you can only perform better while on the juice but once it's effect clears, you're back to normal while traces of it will linger a little longer in the blood. Not worth it in my opinion.

You know sports don't work that way, it took floyd 10 rounds to beat Hatton but took Pacquiao just 2..

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Truth234(m): 4:32pm On May 02, 2015
SirShymexx:

He just wants a big pay check without earning it. I think that was also why he signed with Al Haymon.

I don't even think Mayweather will fight him. Fighting Pacman twice and retiring makes more business sense than fighting Amir Khan and his glass jaw. And he has only one fight left before he retires. Hopefully, he'll stay away from Khan and let him earn greatness by fighting folks on his level.

Khan is just an average boxer - he needs to focus on Kell Brook. Heck, there are few boxers in his weight class that will knock him out.

That is exactly my fear, Mayweather Vs Manny II is going to be bigger if this fight is close. No one will even remember Kahn again lol

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by chic2pimp(m): 4:45pm On May 02, 2015
freshcvv:

So you self do not know Manny got beaten in 2004? When you think you know..chai...

Did Manny get beaten by JMM in 2004? Answer on a postcard pls.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by airmark(m): 4:52pm On May 02, 2015
I don't see pacman winning Floyd with KO, FM knows how to avoid it, defensively better and his footworks have been excellent. I see him extending the unbeaten.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by bionixs: 4:59pm On May 02, 2015
rawpadgin:
pacquiao's boat
mayweather is too pompous
its only God that can go on winning. Pac get my back. Their last fight wasnt a walk in the park,ask Flyod. That guy dented him real bad. Should they get to round 14 which doesnt exist,Mayweather would have begged for a stop. It was a bad weather for him. Lets see how this one goes
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by PenSniper: 5:12pm On May 02, 2015
A boxer who packs speed, power, slikness and accurate counterpunch in himself would be a tough nut to crack. Pac's style against such a fighter might leave him open for the killer punch. Even if Floyd will be beating before he retires, Manny ain't his nemesis.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 5:25pm On May 02, 2015
50calibre:

Lol Yeah those his Instagram pics are getting a lot of people really worked up. I personally don't have a problem with him flaunting his wealth, he earned every penny and deserves to do whatever he wants with his money but c'mon if billionaires can go broke, anyone can go broke.

Showing off a couple of cars, jewelleries and a few stacks of cash is not enough to make floyd broke. The guy earns money like no other athlete, he earned $75 million for his last two fights.. It's going to take a really bad decision like marriage to dent his net worth.

He may not be able to read words, but he definitely knows how to read numbers, he's in full control of his money. However, I don't know if I will call Floyd an astute business man, with all that money, there are a lot more business opportunities to be explored which he isn't exploring. In my opinion, his business acumen is not as sharp as that of 50 cent.

That been said, it's easy for floyd to spend without worry right now but after he retires and the money stops coming in bulk, then he's going to have to adjust his spending else he will run into problems sooner or later. I heard few weeks after this fight was announced, he wrote a letter to his team that he would retire after the two fight left in his contract, and won't be able to be everyone's saviour anymore. Smart move I must say. Leeches are the easiest way to bankruptcy.

As long as there's no juice in his blood or urine before or after the fight, then I don't see how it enhances his performance during the fight. Just like bodybuilding, you can only perform better while on the juice but once it's effect clears, you're back to normal while traces of it will linger a little longer in the blood. Not worth it in my opinion.

You know sports don't work that way, it took floyd 10 rounds to beat Hatton but took Pacquiao just 2..

I think the media just created this image of the guy as a bad guy, to play into a certain narrative cos he isn't a conformist. When you're from where he's from, where you have to work extremely hard for everything and earn things ya own way - without earning handing it to you - you'll overtime develop a chip on ya shoulder. And they don't like it. They want you to be a model citizen, but what they do realise is that: no everyone wants to be fake - some folks just feel more comfortable in their own skin, doing things their own way. And he has been extremely smart enough to turn the bad publicity into huge earnings - something they'll never give him credit for. Muhammed Ali had the same bad rap during his hay days - just look at how they all worship him. Anyway, the reason why I said I doubt he'll go broke is because he has Al Haymon the ghost on his team - and when you have got a genius like that around you, it'll be difficult to make dumb financial mistakes.

Exploring more business opportunities right now, when he has a big cash cow paying him tens of millions annually - and a legacy to protect - would be a distraction. He obviously would have a few other things he has invested in, but it will be unwise to go full throttle now, until after his retirement.

They don't do blood tests - they only do urine tests, hence Mayweather was adamant about blood testing before and after the fight. Pacman was juicing and he knows it, ditto every other boxer out there. Hence most of his fight back then were in-house - with boxers under Arum. They just rode that wave. Since then, he has been fighting bums. Great fighter but the roids also played a big role.

After Mayweather knocked Hatton out - he was never the same boxer again. He was shot and, went into deep depression as a cocaine fiend and alcoholic. Heck, he retired after that but had to come back to fight Manny for money, after rinsing almost everything on drugs. He had no chance to begin with and even Amir Khan would've knocked him out.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by SirShymexx: 5:27pm On May 02, 2015
Truth234:

That is exactly my fear, Mayweather Vs Manny II is going to be bigger if this fight is close. No one will even remember Kahn again lol

Lol. Who knows, they might play a big one on us and make it split decision or a draw, for a bigger sequel. grin

There's no one out there for the both of them to fight again, to be honest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (58) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 / Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.