Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. (33316 Views)

Sunmbo: How I Met 2face, Had His Kids And Lost My First Marriage / Clarence Peters Robbed Of His Equipment In Ghana / Adediwura Adesegha: How I Lost My Virginity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 25, 2015
-
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by Eventsplus: 9:30pm On Apr 25, 2015
For the ladies and Guys can also buy for that special someone(mom,sis,etc)Very affordable and classy just for you!same day Delivery within Lagos.Outside lagos delivery takes 3days or less.n[/color][color=#000099]airalanders Pls help a student's business.

Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by Walemi1(m): 9:32pm On Apr 25, 2015
D'banj and the likes started singing before him and haven't lost an iota of their voice.He's a man and should take responsiblity rather than blame it on the instrument.Thumps down 9ice.
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by otiigba1(m): 9:34pm On Apr 25, 2015
Toks2008:

i believe its too much weed.

He can still get the voice back if he wants to.
he never lost any voice, because he never had any voice!

1 Like

Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 25, 2015
Clearly the interview was held during a smoking session grin
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by KingsJohnson(m): 9:37pm On Apr 25, 2015
Nigerians no sabi lie at all.

Omo u for tell us say ur juju don fail u n we for believe dat one as religious fools we are
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by Tblacc001(m): 9:39pm On Apr 25, 2015
Mr Abolore,you have lost the voice...It isn't coz of bad equipment..you very well know y...no come de fool us for here..No b the same equipment 2baba,Modo,Sound sultan dem use?
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by Holluwatarhyor(m): 9:39pm On Apr 25, 2015
angry Mr oga,Pack well..........
Which voice b dat?
angry angry angry angry
angry angry angry angry
angry angry angry angry
angry angry angry angry
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by Missmossy(f): 9:44pm On Apr 25, 2015
hatux:
Can you sing or you've tried singing before undecided
Out of everyone who commented you had to quote me!

For your question it depends on who's asking undecided

3 Likes

Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by upsonn(m): 9:44pm On Apr 25, 2015
The same equipment that brought to limelight is d same that make you lose your voice... What an ingrate...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by kinibigdeal(m): 9:47pm On Apr 25, 2015
Am sure what he wanted to blame it on is "igbo"..maybe is a slip of media...I min tongue
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 25, 2015
Chanchit:

Nigerian John Legend singer and renowned horse rider 9ice – says he has no problems with criticism from fans who slammed him for losing his voice.

Speaking in a recent TV interview, the faded music star blamed his loss of voice on the absence of “good music equipment” in Nigeria.

He said:

Get it right; in 2008, 2009 and 2010, imagine someone screaming for three years, how e no go lose him voice?

Most of our productions are not good and most of our speakers are not good. Hear me, I am not saying the DJs or the sound managers are not good. But the equipment we have (in Nigeria) are not good.

So imagine me (singing) on top of my voice for three years. How I no go lose my voice?

In 2008, I was maybe 28 or 29 and now I am 35 years old. So I would definitely lose my voice and now I am a more mature person. So criticism based on those aspects, I am sure they are right. But you have to take me as I am.

9ice also talked about why he chose to venture into politics.

www.sugardaily.ng/9ice-says-the-reason-he-lost-his-voice-no-longer-sings-well-is-because-of-bad-music-equipment-in-nigeria/#comment-2915

Op may thunder strike the hairs in ur balls turn white. are u okay? na dat E-diot u dey call Nigeria John Legend abi? Ur father left ear!

1 Like

Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by CaptPlanet(m): 9:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
You fell out with ID Cabassa that was the beginning of ur slip up.

You lost ur voice cos u were shouting since 2008, if na like that, Terry G for no get throat again na.

BTW; u no been get voice before.

1 Like

Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
Chanchit:

Nigerian John Legend singer and renowned horse rider 9ice – says he has no problems with criticism from fans who slammed him for losing his voice.

Speaking in a recent TV interview, the faded music star blamed his loss of voice on the absence of “good music equipment” in Nigeria.

He said:

Get it right; in 2008, 2009 and 2010, imagine someone screaming for three years, how e no go lose him voice?

Most of our productions are not good and most of our speakers are not good. Hear me, I am not saying the DJs or the sound managers are not good. But the equipment we have (in Nigeria) are not good.

So imagine me (singing) on top of my voice for three years. How I no go lose my voice?

In 2008, I was maybe 28 or 29 and now I am 35 years old. So I would definitely lose my voice and now I am a more mature person. So criticism based on those aspects, I am sure they are right. But you have to take me as I am.

www.sugardaily.ng/9ice-says-the-reason-he-lost-his-voice-no-longer-sings-well-is-because-of-bad-music-equipment-in-nigeria/#comment-2915

Op, may thunder strike the hairs in ur balls turn them to white. are u okay? na dat E-diot u dey call Nigeria John Legend abi? Ur father left ear!
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by ladej(m): 9:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
AUSVINS:
Wetin come make you loose election?
he's bow a special adviser
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by sweatholder(m): 9:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
Make he look bush joor. Dats wat happens wen u cant live without weed baba.only a lazy man quarels with its tools.Who stoppd him from gettin equipments abroad.Abi jona stil ban dat one.

Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
ajixkhid1:
Ogbeni u nah get voice b4 jor
Shut d 4ck up!

grin grin grin
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by coogar: 9:53pm On Apr 25, 2015
Chanchit:

He said:

what an excuse!
you lost your voice because of bad equipment? grin cheesy yinka davies, onyeka onwenu, sunny ade, etc are much older & they haven't lost their voices.

instead of this fool to admit his war of words with ruggedman damaged his career, he's blaming his poor decision making on bad equipment. what an insult to the nigerian music industry!

1 Like

Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by wtfCode: 9:54pm On Apr 25, 2015
since when did the olodo became john legend?
Op no provoke me o
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by fenanda(f): 9:55pm On Apr 25, 2015
Shoroniyen
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by Dahnify70(m): 9:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
Nice your music career don't get to the peak. diminishing return has set in.
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by hatux: 9:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
Missmossy:

Out of everyone who commented you had to quote me!

For your question it depends on who's asking undecided
Yeah! Am an artiste, and I wanna know if you've tried singing before so you gon know what/how simple it is undecided#stop the act of condemning
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by Chanchit: 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2015
Stelvin101:

Op, may thunder strike the hairs in ur balls turn them to white. are u okay? na dat E-diot u dey call Nigeria John Legend abi? Ur father left ear!
. Guy! You should be able to recognize sarcasm when you see it. But that. One no mean say thunder no go first finish allthe hair weh dey ur arm pit.
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by Eniqurl(f): 10:03pm On Apr 25, 2015
MrBasketball:
Shoro niyen. undecided
Oya mi lenu cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by Octaves(m): 10:05pm On Apr 25, 2015
Even though he never had a great voice. Good singing technique and proper care of the voice will protect it from damage. Equipment dont damage voices. What can damage your voice are- 1. Smoking and Alcohol.
2. Bad singing technique.
There are singers in their 70s who have been for 50 years but still have their voice intact.
My advice:
1. if you smoke or take alcohol, stop it.
2. Have a throat doctor examine your vocal chords for nodules and polyps and have them removed either by surgery or by vocal rest/therapy. I would assume Vocal rest/therapy to be safer.
3. Work with a vocal therapist to help you regain your voice
4. Work with an experienced vocal coach to help you develop good technique.

You are good to renter the studio and stop blaming innocent equipment.
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by ERockson: 10:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
You didn't have voice then but we enjoyed your music because you had confidence. I hope 9ce did not lose that election
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by greggng: 10:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
I am an igbo man I must confess apart from sunny ade nice is the best thing from yoruba land. I hate it when people insult someone who has made the nation proud, remenber photocopy ko easy, you can never be like him
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by Missmossy(f): 10:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
hatux:
Yeah! Am an artiste, and I wanna know if you've tried singing before so you gon know what/how simple it is undecided#stop the act of condemning
I see that was a joke being with that smiley which you ignored!

Aint even the only one who reacted like that so spare me all of these
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by tobidipity(m): 10:07pm On Apr 25, 2015
Like say ur voice get morale before. Park well oga ade.
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by dammytosh: 10:08pm On Apr 25, 2015
ajixkhid1:
Ogbeni u nah get voice b4 jor
Shut d 4ck up!

Listen to his chorus where Rugged Man featured him in Opomulero.

I bet you will modify your post.

That said, na Igbo spoil d voice
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by Nicepoker(m): 10:11pm On Apr 25, 2015
Good. Since u can't sing because of lost voice. U should as well. Learn to keep quiet b4 ur voice goes off finally
Re: 9ice"i Lost My Voice Because Of Bad Music Equipment In Nigeria. by ireneony(f): 10:15pm On Apr 25, 2015
jmoore:
Nigerian John Legend, huh?

These bloggers sef.
grin grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Funke Adesiyan Stuns In Red Outfit. Fans React / Genevieve Nnaji Stylish In Jeans And Black Jacket / Kolawole Ajayi Buys Highlander For His Wife, Wande Ajayi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.