Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,699 members, 7,802,070 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election (41051 Views)

Malami Speaks On Abia Governorship, Asks Parties To Await Decision Of Courts / Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment / Alledged Mourning In Abia As INEC Declare Ikpeazu Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by klens(m): 6:56am On Apr 26, 2015
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Okezie Ikpeazu, the winner of the Abia State governorship election.

Mr Ikpeazu polled 264,713 to defeat the candidate of the All Progressive Grand Alliance, Alex Otti, who polled 180,882 votes.

The result was declared in the early hours of Sunday after the supplementary election of Saturday.

Election was held in all the areas earlier listed by INEC for the re-run election except in Umunneochi Local Government Area.

INEC had erroneously scheduled election there, which was not supposed to take place in the first instance because the Form, EC40G, was not filled which indicated that there was no problem in the area.

Abia State is one of the state where supplementary governorship election was held on Saturday after election of April 11 was declared inconclusive by INEC.

Other States are Imo and Taraba State.

The incumbent Governor of Imo State has been declared the winner of the elections while the result of Taraba state election is being awaited.

Supplementary House of Assembly election was also held in some other states in areas where elections had been declared inconclusive. The elections were adjudged peaceful.
SOURCE http://www.channelstv.com/2015/04/26/inec-declares-ikpeazu-winner-of-abia-governorship-election/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:57am On Apr 26, 2015
And the suffering continues, woo to Abians..

[size=16pt]SMD[/size]

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by SeverusSnape(m): 6:57am On Apr 26, 2015
I would have wanted Alex Otti of APGA to win this Abia election. The people of Abia have spoken, I just hope Ikpeazu won't be like Theodore Orji.

12 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by klens(m): 7:01am On Apr 26, 2015
Abia has finally decided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by amadice(m): 7:02am On Apr 26, 2015
God what have we abians done to deserve this...after all d prayers and begging DAT abia should be free from dictatorship and captivity?.... T.A orji it will never be well with u ooo...

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by dunkem21(m): 7:03am On Apr 26, 2015
Congratulations, Okezie Ikpeazu.

Abians have spoken ..hit the ground running.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by ruggedboy01: 7:05am On Apr 26, 2015
Bad news........ well, let's see if he will perform lipsrsealed embarassed

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by charityexplicit(f): 7:06am On Apr 26, 2015
More years of doom shocked

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by UnknownT: 7:08am On Apr 26, 2015
By the time the supreme court sacks Ikpeazu and either declares Otti as the duly winner or calls for a fresh election, Abia State will join the likes of Anambra, Ekiti and co in having a separate year for governorship election.

And for TA Orji that is forming a godfather, he shouldn't forget in a hurry that he was once like Ikpeazu, he won his first election while in prison, and after he "betrayed" his godfather, you will soon be paid back in your own coins

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by otokx(m): 7:10am On Apr 26, 2015
I am happy for the Aba people.
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 26, 2015
klens:
Abia has finally decided
may GOD decides in ur life d way abians decided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by Ponponkon: 7:13am On Apr 26, 2015
Come chop o food don ready. This okuko was cooked by Dr Ikpeazu, No birdflu

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by nerodenero: 7:15am On Apr 26, 2015
You cant keep doing the same thing and expect a different result.If a party fails,another should be allowed until the desired result is achieved.

4 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by fulfillment2020(m): 7:16am On Apr 26, 2015
TA Orji is still on stream. I pity Abians.

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by ICHINONYE(m): 7:18am On Apr 26, 2015
I just but wil only weep

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 26, 2015
Ngwa people are the worst creatures before BH and ISIS, they will remain in this man made bondage

9 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by klens(m): 7:26am On Apr 26, 2015
ICHINONYE:
I just but wil only weep
DONT WEEP YET, he might perform more than what you expected from him. u cant tell what is in a mans heart.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by klens(m): 7:29am On Apr 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Ngwa people are the worst creatures before BH and ISIS, they will remain in this man made bondage
why did you say so? now i see the problem was not all about PDP But not wanting an NGWA MAN RULING Abia State. pls dont insult any tribe.

6 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by FreeGlobe(f): 7:33am On Apr 26, 2015
TA orji is the winner in these whole elections. smh

7 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by espn(m): 7:34am On Apr 26, 2015
ekenedegreat:
Is dat a maggot on dis thread? How did it manage to get in?
*sweeps it out of thread*
dry. Try sumfin better pls.

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by tayebest(m): 7:38am On Apr 26, 2015
4years of another Bad move for the Abians! grin

6 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by Blackchampion(m): 7:38am On Apr 26, 2015
They hav succeeded in robbing d ppl's mandate.
#God is watching

5 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by ishiamu(m): 7:40am On Apr 26, 2015
Bobskylo:

may GOD decides in ur life d way abians decided

LoL
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by odumchi: 7:40am On Apr 26, 2015
O di ngeni ihe ka nmadi ji isi koro? undecided

I find it disappointing how this past election seemed to be nothing more than a display of the blinding effects of extreme chauvinism. I'm yet to understand how and why certain political camps could ignore PDP's 16 years of failure in our beloved Abia state and twist the entire election into an "Ngwa vs Non-Ngwa" affair.

I mean, I get the fact that southern Abia has been agitating for governorship for some time now, but is that the reason why we should ignore PDPs failures and sell ourselves back into the hands of rogues such as TA Orji and Orji Uzo Kalu, the very people who are responsible for our state's deplorable state? I don't know why people can't seem to reason that this "na my broda be dat" mentality will get us nowhere.

Since Ikpeazu is an Ngwa man (as was Alex Otti), all of a sudden the problems of Aba and the greater Ngwa people are going to be fixed? Upon all of the support and praise Goodluck Jonathan received from the East, can we name one single solid thing that he has done for us?

Ana ekwu nke ana ekwu abia sikwa na TA Orji arigorola okwa senator. Ihe a gbara m harii. undecided

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by arewafederation: 7:40am On Apr 26, 2015
Today is a sad day for the good people of Abia state. cry

17 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by hardbody: 7:40am On Apr 26, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
And the suffering continues, woo to Abians..

[size=16pt]SMD[/size]

Tribunal here we come.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by nollyway(m): 7:40am On Apr 26, 2015
Bravoo!! cool
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:41am On Apr 26, 2015
Ahhh, Ojoro!

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by Ponponkon: 7:41am On Apr 26, 2015
FreeGlobe:
TA orji is the winner in these whole elections. smh
T A Orji di not win anything rather ndi Ngwa voted for their true son. T A cannot contro Okezie

5 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by veraiyke(m): 7:41am On Apr 26, 2015
Chai c election malpractice. Alex otti sorry d whims n caprices ve played der card n inec has concurred

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP's Reaction To Buhari Signing The Budget Of 2016 / National Theatre, Lagos Wears A New Look (Pictures) / Uchechi Okwu Reacts To Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest & Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.