Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,455 members, 7,801,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election (41050 Views)

Malami Speaks On Abia Governorship, Asks Parties To Await Decision Of Courts / Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment / Alledged Mourning In Abia As INEC Declare Ikpeazu Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by klens(m): 8:04am On Apr 26, 2015
Otti is a victim of he's our own politics we re practicing all over the country...
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by emmykk(m): 8:05am On Apr 26, 2015
amadice:
God what have we abians done to deserve this...after all d prayers and begging DAT abia should be free from dictatorship and captivity?.... T.A orji it will never be well with u ooo...
now that some1 from the aba zone has won let see the development
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by NewNigeriaMind: 8:06am On Apr 26, 2015
As a Yoruba observing pdp and apga in the east.

Apga or apc would have been better for this state.

But let the people will prevail.

Up pdp, it's time pdp takes over the east.

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by victor321: 8:07am On Apr 26, 2015
Awww!!!! eyaa, I pity Abians
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by ndcide(m): 8:09am On Apr 26, 2015
Felixsun20:
Some parasites here who are not even from Abia State are saying trash! I think the Abia people should just give Ikpeazu a chance, he'll do quite well more than Orji. After all in my state(Akwa Ibom), the then PDP governor(Victor Attah) was just there doing nothing. When Akpabio who came in through him won in 2007, we though we were just gonna be the same way. But behold, Akpabio really transformed the state and Attah became his enemy simply because he(Akpabio) was not yielding to any of his plans.

Thank you. Some person have been programmed to have some kind of sentiments. Trust me, It's coming from our Lagos axis. One day, some people will make others believe they are mad and they'll have to agree.
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Ngwa people are the worst creatures before BH and ISIS, they will remain in this man made bondage
Aren't you the same person that spoke against tribalism a while ago? What has Ngwa people done to you? Can't you respect the people's will?

#Practice what you preach bro

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by tohpahz(f): 8:12am On Apr 26, 2015
SeverusSnape:
I would have wanted Alex Otti of APGA to win this Abia election. The people of Abia have spoken, I just hope Ikpeazu won't be like Theodore Orji.

The people of abia didn't speak.. the thugs of ikuku(his son did)

Smh..
Abians are in for more 8yrs of suffering.
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by Gboliwe: 8:12am On Apr 26, 2015
odumchi:
O di ngeni ihe ka nmadi ji isi koro? undecided

I find it disappointing how this past election seemed to be nothing more than a display of the blinding effects of extreme chauvinism. I'm yet to understand how and why certain political camps could ignore PDP's 16 years of failure in our beloved Abia state and twist the entire election into an "Ngwa vs Non-Ngwa" affair.

I mean, I get the fact that southern Abia has been agitating for governorship for some time now, but is that the reason why we should sell ourselves back into the hands of rogues such as TA Orji and Orji Uzo Kalu, the very people who are responsible for our state's deplorable state? I don't know why people can't seem to reason that this "na my broda be dat" mentality will get us nowhere.

Since Ikpeazu is an Ngwa man (as was Alex Otti), all of a sudden the problems of Aba and the greater Ngwa people are going to be fixed? Upon all of the support and praise Goodluck Jonathan received from the East, can we name one single solid thing that he has done for us?

Ana ekwu nke ana ekwu abia sikwa na TA Orji arigorola okwa senator. Okwu akola m na onu. Ihe a gbara m harii. undecided

If Jonathan didn't do anything for Abians, blame it on our greedy, aged, selfish reps in Abuja. It is their sole duty to bring in the federal government to the state and they failed.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by basilo101: 8:13am On Apr 26, 2015
Why do ppl tnk T.A will control dis guy and loot more. It has neva hapnd in SE, check Orji uzo kalu, chimaroke or peter obi. SE governors are always indepent. unles d guy himself is a looter odawise, notin to fear frm T.A. And he is an ngwa man dia4 he cnt neglect Aba Ngwa like T.A cos he is from there.

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by Feraz(m): 8:14am On Apr 26, 2015
Abia state, bye bye!!! I only hope Ikpeazu proves me wrong. . . . angry angry
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by echelons(m): 8:16am On Apr 26, 2015
Another wasted year at the tribunals.
We suffered this in Anambra but God finally answered our prayers when Peter Obi won the legal battles.
Wish Mr. Otti has all the documents in place.
Abians decided.. INEC decided otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by odumchi: 8:18am On Apr 26, 2015
Gboliwe:

If Jonathan didn't do anything for Abians, blame it on our greedy, aged, selfish reps in Abuja. It is their sole duty to bring in the federal government to the state and they failed.

The fact that TA Orji is now going to be counted among those that represent us in Abuja kills me even more.

5 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by bismarck: 8:19am On Apr 26, 2015
Ponponkon:
T A Orji di not win anything rather ndi Ngwa voted for their true son. T A cannot contro Okezie

i think your brain has to be fixed so that you can reason properly.... Did you see the result of the supplementary elections which showed that Otti won? This is a clearly a case of stolen mandate pepertrated by TA Orji, Ikpeazu, Olisa Metu, Abaribe and their criminal gangs. Majority of Abians voted for Otti, Ngwas or Non- Ngwas, else would how you explain that out of 17 LGAs, PDP got about 1/3 of their total votes in a single LGA (Obingwa - 81,000 votes) Would Obingwa have had a higher voter turn-out than Aba South/ North The courts should ensure that this heinous crime by PDP in Abia is severely punished and that Otti is declared winner

4 Likes

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by shortgun(m): 8:19am On Apr 26, 2015
In fairness he deserve to be Governor, there is an arrangement/agreement in PDP that an Ngwa man should be Governor after Orji.
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by SeverusSnape(m): 8:20am On Apr 26, 2015
tohpahz:

The people of abia didn't speak.. the thugs of ikuku(his son did)

Smh..
Abians are in for more 8yrs of suffering.
"his son did", who's son?... TA Orji's son or Ikpeazu's son?
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 26, 2015
ndcide:

Thank you. Some person have been programmed to have some kind of sentiments. Trust me, It's coming from our Lagos axis. One day, some people will make others believe they are mad and they'll have to agree.
Lol...that's so true. Most of them are from Lagos
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by kennethik: 8:22am On Apr 26, 2015
We can't accept this result from INEC,Election Tribunal must work hard to make sure they flush these people out of abia state Government House period Enough is Enough

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by superstar1(m): 8:22am On Apr 26, 2015
It is ironical that the same set of people always clamouring for meritocracy, have never demonstrated it.

How can you vote for Ikpeazu ahead of Otti?

Same goes for:

1. Soludo

2. Frank Nweke Jnr

3. Ngige

4. Now, Otti.

The list keeps increasing. Demonstrate your meritocracy in your region, before reaching it to others.
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by iiiyyyk(m): 8:23am On Apr 26, 2015
SHAME TO ALL ABIANS, AFTER 16 YEARS OF FAILURE, YOU COULDN'T RESIST THE CONTINUATION OF THIS LEANAGE OF CRIMINALS.
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by emorse(m): 8:24am On Apr 26, 2015
odumchi:
O di ngeni ihe ka nmadi ji isi koro? undecided

I find it disappointing how this past election seemed to be nothing more than a display of the blinding effects of extreme chauvinism. I'm yet to understand how and why certain political camps could ignore PDP's 16 years of failure in our beloved Abia state and twist the entire election into an "Ngwa vs Non-Ngwa" affair.

I mean, I get the fact that southern Abia has been agitating for governorship for some time now, but is that the reason why we should ignore PDPs failures and sell ourselves back into the hands of rogues such as TA Orji and Orji Uzo Kalu, the very people who are responsible for our state's deplorable state? I don't know why people can't seem to reason that this "na my broda be dat" mentality will get us nowhere.

Since Ikpeazu is an Ngwa man (as was Alex Otti), all of a sudden the problems of Aba and the greater Ngwa people are going to be fixed? Upon all of the support and praise Goodluck Jonathan received from the East, can we name one single solid thing that he has done for us?

Ana ekwu nke ana ekwu abia sikwa na TA Orji arigorola okwa senator. Obasi di n'elu lekwe umu gi o. undecided

Illiteracy my brother, Illiteracy. Many of us are educated illiterates. We have certificates but mentally, we are still as savage as our ancestors. These politicians know this and use it to great effect. This is also why they make little or no efforts to fix our education sector because the smarter we are, the smarter they have to be to control us. "We" and "us" in this context refers not just to Abians but Nigerians generally.
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by MrP7: 8:25am On Apr 26, 2015
The last 16 years in Abia State has been completely rubbish.
Alex Otti was rigged out.
Let's hope Ikpeazu works because Theordore Orji is the worst govenor in living memory
If he behaves like his boss Abians should get ready to bring out their tears
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by sinizia: 8:25am On Apr 26, 2015
PDP's win lends credence to the fact that there's nothing like free and fair in this election. From the Presidential to Gubernatorial elections, everything was rigged. This election is pathetic like that of 2003, 2007 and 2011. In short, no election in Nigeria has been free and fair. It's all about rigging.

May it never be well with T.A Orji, the INEC officials and every other bàstard that helped rig this election. I feel so sad right now. This country is cursed. I won't choose this country as my place of birth if I was given the chance. JEGA, your election is nothing but a sham. Nonsense!!
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by ayusco85(m): 8:26am On Apr 26, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

They are weeping because Alex Otti lost, they are weeping because the sworn (some with their lives) that Ngwa man cannot govern Abia State.

Btw, Alex Otti left PDP just 6 months because he wasn't favoured as the gubernatorial candidate of the party in Abia State.

what are u saying? i thought they are both ngwa
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by tohpahz(f): 8:27am On Apr 26, 2015
SeverusSnape:

"his son did", who's son?... TA Orji's son or Ikpeazu's son?

Ta orji's son..
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by sinizia: 8:27am On Apr 26, 2015
shortgun:
In fairness he deserve to be Governor, there is an arrangement/agreement in PDP that an Ngwa man should be Governor after Orji.

So merit should be stifled for partiality to reign? Why conduct election when people's votes won't count? What's fair in rigging an election? You are everything wrong with this country. Tribalism will kill you!!
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 26, 2015
klens:
DONT WEEP YET, he might perform more than what you expected from him. u cant tell what is in a mans heart.
you might be right friend, only a fool comes through a wrong process and continues with it.
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by ddefoe: 8:30am On Apr 26, 2015
That a lot of people are sad beause of the outcome of the election today bears eloquent testimony that Ikpeazu was not the people's choice and was never voted in by the people.from civil servant to traders and business men and women.market women etc,there is mourning all over the state.I hope the tribunal which is the last hope of the common man will upturn this sham of election and restore the people's mandate to the person they freely voted for.God bless Abia State,God bless Nigeria!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by SeverusSnape(m): 8:32am On Apr 26, 2015
tohpahz:

Ta orji's son..
Hmmm... Okay, I just wish Ikpeazu will perform. I just hope...
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by Vivly(f): 8:33am On Apr 26, 2015
Its a shame people like T A orji are allowed to still contest and win senatorial election. I thought it was time for a change in Abia yet the godsons are already carrying their patrons legacy.
I wish Buhari sues Orji.
Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by tohpahz(f): 8:34am On Apr 26, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Hmmm... Okay, I just wish Ikpeazu will perform. I just hope...

I Hope so too.. although i doubt..

I've heard things about that man from reasonable sources.. i just Hope he proves them wrong..

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by SkyBlue1: 8:37am On Apr 26, 2015
As long as the election was free and fair (which it seems to have been bar a few incidents). I am personally done feeling sorry for people who choose to make such decisions. People have been shouting Orji is evil, Orji is the worst governor in history, Orji this, Abians will teach Orji a lesson, Abians would never stand for this. Well, Abians just extended Orji's relevance again, so much for the "progressiveness" of Abians. You make your bed and you lie in it, if you keep voting in failed political parties then shoulder the consequences. Hopefully he performs. Anybody who keeps voting in PDP and being shocked at PDP delivering what PDP is known for has themselves to blame.

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election by Gboliwe: 8:38am On Apr 26, 2015
odumchi:

The fact that TA Orji is now going to be counted among those that represent us in Abuja kills me even more.
I won't lie, it makes me shiver. But what have the likes of Chukwumerije them not done that he intends to do? We've had despicable reps!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP's Reaction To Buhari Signing The Budget Of 2016 / Uchechi Okwu Reacts To Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest & Detention / Boko Haram Member Dressed As Woman Arrested In Yola By Soldiers (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.