Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army (23609 Views)

Officials Evacuating Bodies After Boko Haram Attack In Maiduguri (Photos) / Shi’ite Islamic Group Procession After Boko Haram Attacked Their Member (Pics) / ‘heavy Toll’ Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by Kei144(m): 8:43am On Apr 26, 2015
Boko Haram militants attacked troops from Niger on an island base in Lake Chad, the government said on Saturday, in a raid believed to have taken a heavy toll on the army.

"At dawn on April 25, fighters from the terrorist group Boko Haram riding motorised canoes attacked the island of Karamga, a position northwest of of the town of Bosso held by our defence and security forces," the ministry of defence said.

"Operations are ongoing with the support of partners to counter the ambitions of this terrorist group," the ministry added in a statement broadcast on television.

The ministry did not indicate if there were any casualties as a result of the raid.

An official from Diffa, the capital of the southeast, however warned the death toll was "very heavy in the ranks of the Nigerien army," without providing further details.

State television reported that Niger's President Mahamadou Issoufou had called a meeting of the national security council after the Islamists' attack.

http://news.yahoo.com/heavy-toll-feared-boko-haram-attacks-niger-army-025611101.html

I remember few months ago when Niger's defense officials were running their mouth, saying that their troops do not run from Boko Haram the way Nigerian troops do. Now, Boko Haram has caught their troops in a no-run situation!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by Cadamlk: 8:54am On Apr 26, 2015
Kei144:

http://news.yahoo.com/heavy-toll-feared-boko-haram-attacks-niger-army-025611101.html

I remember few months ago when Niger's defense officials were running their mouth, saying that their troops do not run from Boko Haram the way Nigerian troops do. Now, Boko Haram has caught their troops in a no-run situation!
But if they had not challenged our troop the way they did,they would not be as serious as they appear now.Not matter the density of the casualty on the side of the Nigeriens,it is nothing compared to the careless massacres our troops had suffered in the hand of the sect members

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by Kei144(m): 9:01am On Apr 26, 2015
Cadamlk:
But if they had not challenged our troop the way they did,they would not be as serious as they appear now.Not matter the density of the casualty on the side of the Nigeriens,it is nothing compared to the careless massacres our troops had suffered in the hand of the sect members

You may be right. But what I actually had in mind in my post is that Nigerien Army hasn't had much experience of war. Their defense officials began to talk when they hadn't seen war. It is just like Nigeria Army soldiers, as well as other Nigerians like Father Mbaka, complaining that Boko Haram has superior arms to Nigeria Army. When eventually the Nigeria Army took over Boko Haram bases, everybody saw that Boko Haram didn't have much. So, all the complaint was all a matter of war freight.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 26, 2015
Despite Nigeria Army taking claim of killing over a Hundred " TOP" commanders of boko haram , Pls who is deceiving who?

3 Likes

Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by Zico5(m): 9:27am On Apr 26, 2015
For how long re we to tolerate these islamic extremists that have come to colonize out territory? Our government has allow them to enlarge and expand to the point that they cannot be easily contained. Buhari needs to quickly on ground and work if we re to be liberated on time from this menace. He must deploy our total arsenal to fight and remove all generals that re sympathetic to boko haram. With God on our side, Boko haram will become history

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 26, 2015
This one is in Niger.. If this one had happened in Nigeria , Some ignorant peeps Who come And blame Jonathan for being clueless and all while some other will also come and Blame buhari who has not even been sworn in for not keeping up to his promises. Smh for Nigerians

Synord

9 Likes

Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by akpanikpe(m): 9:28am On Apr 26, 2015
Hmmmm, I guess another leader has emerge, after the other one is killeD, abi who lead those ones again?
Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by hardywaltz(m): 9:28am On Apr 26, 2015
Till we tell ourselves the home truth which is that Boko Haram is out to kill us all and has nothing to do with Buhari or APC the better for us all.
Can't wait till 30 of May when the People's General will take over and give this blood thirsty Boko Haramites the pounding of their lives.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by Blakjewelry(m): 9:28am On Apr 26, 2015
I know most the recent occurrence will happen, I expected heavy casualty and heavy arm from bh during the recent military campaign but what I saw scanty bh killed and few weapons recovered so I was wondering do all the bh and their weapons go. What the military has to do now is to prepare enough emergency back up to reinforced their position and also to attack bh from behind any time bh pull such stunt again

1 Like

Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by koolet: 9:29am On Apr 26, 2015
endure the worst till may 29

1 Like

Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by deloon(m): 9:29am On Apr 26, 2015
Is Boko Haram waxing stronger or what?
Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by PassingShot(m): 9:29am On Apr 26, 2015
There must be a complete overhauling of the strategy for intelligence gathering in the Nigerian Military in order that we avoid a calamity such as this.

Boko Haram's days are numbered.
Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:30am On Apr 26, 2015
Kei144:

You may be right. But what I actually had in mind in my post is that Nigerien Army hasn't had much experience of war. Their defense officials began to talk when they hadn't seen war. It is just like Nigeria Army soldiers, as well as other Nigerians like Father Mbaka, complaining that Boko Haram has superior arms to Nigeria Army. When eventually the Nigeria Army took over Boko Haram bases, everybody saw that Boko Haram didn't have much. So, all the complaint was all a matter of war freight.
Boko Haram v proved to be too hard for both Nigerian, Nigerien, Chadian & Cameroonian army.
Last Bullet
I think it was the Chadian Chief Army and their President Idris Derby that did the running mouth thing around February/March

2 Likes

Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 26, 2015
Boko haram
Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by Atmmachine(m): 9:31am On Apr 26, 2015
I can see the change:-
Sai
[size=40pt]BUHARI[/size]

1 Like

Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by laplace12(m): 9:32am On Apr 26, 2015
No matter how APC pretends we know they are sponsoring bokoharam.

Since after Buhari wining, bokoharam changed their Name and suddenly became a West African affair and no longer Nigérian Affair.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 26, 2015
This hausa people no dey die finish?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by moha225: 9:35am On Apr 26, 2015
God!! What all this for goodness sake undecided...someday I hope to see a free, loving, nigeria back, far away from insurgent, corruption, unemployment, and delapated power supply..always sad when I such newa flying around embarassed

1 Like

Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by Leojamesjames(m): 9:36am On Apr 26, 2015
Boko haram will soon be a thing of the past. I believe
Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:39am On Apr 26, 2015
hardywaltz:
Till we tell ourselves the home truth which is that Boko Haram is out to kill us all and has nothing to do with Buhari or APC the better for us all.
Can't wait till 30 of May when the People's General will take over and give this blood thirsty Boko Haramites the pounding of their lives.
Guy it will not be easy as you believe because this group have gone international so don't expect miracle but we hope baba will eliminate them but it will take time

2 Likes

Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by Splint2009(m): 9:42am On Apr 26, 2015
the hustle for virgins!

5 Likes

Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by Sunymoore(m): 9:44am On Apr 26, 2015
We should put more efforts to cut their supply chains and they will fall like dead leaves!

1 Like

Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by chi4ik4(m): 9:45am On Apr 26, 2015
this Niger & lies! how can death b much on Nigeria army while boko haram attacked u guys? foolish neighboring country. anyway RIP to d death
Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 26, 2015
with a poor salary and military structure of Nigeria army
boko haram will always win .
Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by Cool64: 9:49am On Apr 26, 2015
Jon
Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by ALISMILE(m): 9:50am On Apr 26, 2015
Kei144:

U er an iddiot! Why do u guy sooooooooooooo much hate to hear d trut! Is dat d reason u wish dem dis calamity!

1 Like

Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by Forum973: 9:50am On Apr 26, 2015

Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by Nomswag: 9:50am On Apr 26, 2015
i find it very funny when they say dat bokoharam is more equip than our soldiers and both of them are using AK47 riffle......we are even at advantage because of our tanks.what i think is dat bokoharam are more committed.

6 Likes

Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 26, 2015
Okay so Niger is next abi undecided
Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 26, 2015
Kei144:

shut dafuc up. This is no time to ridicule Nigerien Army. They stood gallantly to bokoharam with the support of their government when our own government were playing politics with bokoharam. Nigerien Army will surely hit boko back massively and mercilessly.

God be with all those who sacrifice their lives for us to live!!!! ..... it is not easy mehnnn...

1 Like

Re: 'heavy Toll' Feared After Boko Haram Attacks Niger Army by jasper83: 9:58am On Apr 26, 2015
laplace12:

No matter how APC pretends we know they are sponsoring bokoharam.

Since after Buhari wining, bokoharam changed their Name and suddenly became a West African affair and no longer Nigérian Affair.

ode!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Buhari And Obasanjo Full Of Smiles During His Visit To The State House / APC Ward Chairman Assassinated In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) / We Are Voting For Sanwo-Olu - Lagos Teacher Tells Students (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.