Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:01 AM

Questions For Men /women Of God ONLY - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Men /women Of God ONLY (1417 Views)

INDEBTED TO GOD... (only The Grateful Souls Can Understand) / If God Only Created Adam And Eve, When Did Incest Become A Sin? / Election prophecies : Jonah Is Not A False Prophet, God Only Changed His Mind! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions For Men /women Of God ONLY by brownjulie(f): 1:31pm On Apr 26, 2015
Dear ma/sir,I have some questions concerning spiritual parenting that I ve been meaning to ask real men/women of God,but can't in the church (I attend RCCG) cos am extremely shy...
1.what are the limit to what one can share with a spiritual parent.
2.how can one chose a spiritual parent
3.how do I approach him/her (considering the fact that I can't even read the bible out loud in the church, am that shy)
4.must the person be the same gender as me?
Please brethren, I really need a spiritual parent because I need someone(a guardian) to help me tru this christian race, I don't want to be found wanting on the last day....
Re: Questions For Men /women Of God ONLY by Anomnity: 2:44pm On Apr 26, 2015
To start with be warned that a bad spiritual parent will spell a total destruction to a flourishing christian life.
1. There is no limit to what one can share with a spiritual parent if the individual over long years is proven to be totally & consistently godly,holy,faithful,righteous.But if the person has flaws and is inconsistent and carnal then totally limit what you can share.
2.Choosing a spiritual parent requires deep carefulness,lots of time and prayers.However you can have multiple spiritual parents by way of receiving direction and counselling from different people at different times since no one person knows it all.This requires wisdom to know how to ask questions and to discern good counsel from people.
3.Since you are shy, you can approach the person in private when she is going home from church or when she's alone or ask a member or worker for her number.
4. Since you are female and shy its best you relate with fellow women.Shy and unstable ladies always easily fall prey to even so called spiritual men in the church.

Even if you fail to get a spiritual parent at the end of the day,always ask the holy spirit to be your spiritual parent and guardian.
Re: Questions For Men /women Of God ONLY by Lex11(m): 4:54pm On Apr 26, 2015
Friend... you don't "need" a spiritual parent. You may listen to and consider the advice of more senior persons, but they are not always right. Look only to The Lord GOD Himself.... "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." -Proverbs 3:6

"It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me." - John 6:45

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." - Matthew 23:9
Re: Questions For Men /women Of God ONLY by brownjulie(f): 9:17pm On Apr 26, 2015
Am so so greatful for your advice, God will continue to strengthen you both... The reason I think I need a spiritual parent is tht I grew up along... Been independent since I was little and most time the freedom get to me...having to make all decision alone with no form of guardian...having to face the consequences of my actions alone with no form of encouragement and comfort... Sometimes I just wish there is someone to feel the vacuum of my parent..
Re: Questions For Men /women Of God ONLY by brownjulie(f): 5:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
Anomnity:
To start with be warned that a bad spiritual parent will spell a total destruction to a flourishing christian life.
1. There is no limit to what one can share with a spiritual parent if the individual over long years is proven to be totally & consistently godly,holy,faithful,righteous.But if the person has flaws and is inconsistent and carnal then totally limit what you can share.
2.Choosing a spiritual parent requires deep carefulness,lots of time and prayers.However you can have multiple spiritual parents by way of receiving direction and counselling from different people at different times since no one person knows it all.This requires wisdom to know how to ask questions and to discern good counsel from people.
3.Since you are shy, you can approach the person in private when she is going home from church or when she's alone or ask a member or worker for her number.
4. Since you are female and shy its best you relate with fellow women.Shy and unstable ladies always easily fall prey to even so called spiritual men in the church.

Even if you fail to get a spiritual parent at the end of the day,always ask the holy spirit to be your spiritual parent and guardian.
Re: Questions For Men /women Of God ONLY by brownjulie(f): 5:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
Lex11:
Friend... you don't "need" a spiritual parent. You may listen to and consider the advice of more senior persons, but they are not always right. Look only to The Lord GOD Himself.... "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." -Proverbs 3:6

"It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me." - John 6:45

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." - Matthew 23:9
Re: Questions For Men /women Of God ONLY by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 28, 2015
brownjulie:
Dear ma/sir,I have some questions concerning spiritual parenting that I ve been meaning to ask real men/women of God,but can't in the church (I attend RCCG) cos am extremely shy...
1.what are the limit to what one can share with a spiritual parent.
2.how can one chose a spiritual parent
3.how do I approach him/her (considering the fact that I can't even read the bible out loud in the church, am that shy)
4.must the person be the same gender as me?
Please brethren, I really need a spiritual parent because I need someone(a guardian) to help me tru this christian race, I don't want to be found wanting on the last day....
1 john 2 vs 27 - the anointing which you have received of Him which abides in you. You do not need any man or spiritual parent teach you because the same anointing teaches you, directs you, leads you into all truthful things because it abides in you. Henceforth spiritual parent is not needed because your spiritual parents are the Holy Ghost, Jesus Christ and God the Father
Re: Questions For Men /women Of God ONLY by brownjulie(f): 11:51am On May 11, 2015
[quote author=ProphetUdeme post=33181823] 1 john 2 vs 27 - the anointing which you have received of Him which abides in you. You do not need any man or spiritual parent teach you because the same anointing teaches you, directs you, leads you into all truthful things because it abides in you. Henceforth spiritual parent is not needed because your spiritual parents are the Holy Ghost, Jesus Christ and God the Father

Tanx
Re: Questions For Men /women Of God ONLY by nwakaibeya1: 8:52pm On May 11, 2015
Evil marine,occult world rules&many claimng to be good people or know and follow JESUS CHRIST have roots and draw strength from evil marine&occultic world&decieve &pretend before spiritually blind humanbeings and not to us who are with the LIGHT, THE MANTLE & UNBELIEVABLE POWER and thats why we told humanbeings of the world.BEHOLD it is only at night that we know who is who there are no pretenses at night everything is naked and no hidden place at night and that is why we keep talking about the light that has come upon the earth and it is that light that you must embrace to enable you see and know the evil people around and deal with them with out mercy and judge them finally
Re: Questions For Men /women Of God ONLY by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 11, 2015
When the blind decides to asked her fellow blind the way to the market lol. Deluded christians. grin

1 Like

Re: Questions For Men /women Of God ONLY by malvisguy212: 12:20am On May 12, 2015
ifeness:
When the blind decides to asked her fellow blind the way to the market lol. Deluded christians. grin
foolish atheist, you cannot disprove the God of this deluded christians and you called your self wise? The thread say for christians only. Keep off satan.
Re: Questions For Men /women Of God ONLY by Nobody: 1:11am On May 12, 2015
malvisguy212:
foolish atheist, you cannot disprove the God of this deluded christians and you called your self wise? The thread say for christians only. Keep off satan.

I cannot disprove a mad man claim that he is the president of England,can I? Keep your delusion to yourself though.
Re: Questions For Men /women Of God ONLY by nwakaibeya1: 10:43am On May 15, 2015
why is it that people in churches are not able to see spiritualy what and how their pastor/prophet or general overseer look like spiritualy?spritual eyes and knowledge is ultimate knowledge ad the people following the pastors and prophets etc cannot spiritually see who they following which should be the light of Jesuschrist Exposing the hidden things in the congregation then means the light of Jesuschrist is lacking in such places because Jesuschrist being the light of the world must expose the hidden things wherever he is and the pastors and prophets are not exempted to be exrayed by followers if they have been empowered with the LIGHT of Jesuschrist?
Re: Questions For Men /women Of God ONLY by brownjulie(f): 10:16am On May 16, 2015
nwakaibeya1:
why is it that people in churches are not able to see spiritualy what and how their pastor/prophet or general overseer look like spiritualy?spritual eyes and knowledge is ultimate knowledge ad the people following the pastors and prophets etc cannot spiritually see who they following which should be the light of Jesuschrist Exposing the hidden things in the congregation then means the light of Jesuschrist is lacking in such places because Jesuschrist being the light of the world must expose the hidden things wherever he is and the pastors and prophets are not exempted to be exrayed by followers if they have been empowered with the LIGHT of Jesuschrist?
in wat ways does your post answer any of my 2 questions sir
Re: Questions For Men /women Of God ONLY by socrateez(m): 6:53pm On May 16, 2015
I believe what you mean by spiritual parent is discipler, a matured christian who can relate with you,counsel you and help you in your spiritual journey. It is unfortunate that in many christian circles, elderly Christians are unable to identify a young person who needs spiritual support to develop otherwise, you would have been identified by a matured christian who should gladly take you into her wings.

I advise you look for a warm christian couple, begin by relating with their children and get close to the family. Alternatively, try and locate where Revival Labours in Lagos (RELAG) members meet. Its a programme by Bro Gbile Akanni. If you don't mind, you can pm me.

You are blessed.
Re: Questions For Men /women Of God ONLY by brownjulie(f): 9:42pm On May 18, 2015
socrateez:
I believe what you mean by spiritual parent is discipler, a matured christian who can relate with you,counsel you and help you in your spiritual journey. It is unfortunate that in many christian circles, elderly Christians are unable to identify a young person who needs spiritual support to develop otherwise, you would have been identified by a matured christian who should gladly take you into her wings.

I advise you look for a warm christian couple, begin by relating with their children and get close to the family. Alternatively, try and locate where Revival Labours in Lagos (RELAG) members meet. Its a programme by Bro Gbile Akanni. If you don't mind, you can pm me.

You are blessed.
. God bless you
Re: Questions For Men /women Of God ONLY by kennyausta: 9:45pm On May 08, 2016
There is nothing bad in having a spiritual parent especially growing newly in the faith. You said you made decisions with total freedom and missed your parent, that same way you need people that have started the race before you and had gone through many trials and prevailed to direct you as u grow in faith and wisdom of God. People you can always enquire from. It is written in 1 Corinthians 12:4-10, 28 to 31 about the spiritual gifts and if I recalled vivdly there is a gift of teaching and many other gifts so u need people that know better than you in this field called heavenly race to guard you through. Bible also said iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend in Proverbs 27:17. You also said how can you make a choice of spiritual parent, I will advice you pray concerning it and have faith. How would you know u are choosing a Holy Spirit filled parent? Bible said in the book of Matthew 7:20 wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. I will stop here for now don't hesitate to ask me any question if you are not cleared with my write up thanks and remain blessed I pray that God will show you His way and make Heaven you inheritance at last in Jesu Name Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Sex Between A Married Couple Is Not A Sin, Do You Agree Or Disagree? / .. / Deliverance From Water Spirit And Spirit Wife/husband.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.