Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,490 members, 7,801,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (104002 Views)

How Nigerian Soldiers At The Battlefield Communicate With Their Commanders. PICS / The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by tonero230(m): 8:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
ezeagu:

That is why till this day Nigeria remains a shit hole, because no one is willing to die for a cause for the worthless failed state.

If you first die,then we can be motivated to fight for a failed state.

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by tobtap: 8:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
ezeagu:
These guys, 'bird chest' and all, held off the Nigerian army for more than two years with sticks and stones. Nigeria should continually thank Britain, Egypt and the Russia, if not for them there'd be no Nigeria.
BIAFRA is dead and buried.... grin grin grin grin your excuse is lame

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Malaukt: 8:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
These guys are heroes....but their Oga simply scammed them to die in the battle field! If not why did Ojukwu ran away? He should have stayed but he ran away and left General Effiong with the remaining gallant soldiers to fend for themselves following the STARVATION and BLOCKADE strategy adopted by FG.

6 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by olalat(m): 8:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
Choice!!!! Ojukwu suffered these people oo. People wey suppose dey their house dey plant cassava and maize jeje as dem used to. He carry them enter war finish run enter ivory coast. Diaries God oooo.

4 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Roland17(m): 8:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
Maser:
What's the purpose of this thread?

Why try to generate bad blood amd ethnic bashing?

#StopTheHate! Let us unite and love each other no matter the past!

Too late, the moderators had forehand knowledge how sensitive a topic such as this is to the Igbos yet deemed it fit to grace the front page, the moderator who put it up should be suspended and must tender an unreserved apology to the forum.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
chibuike65:
I love biafra
i love our flag

4 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by nduchucks: 8:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
ezeagu:
These guys, 'bird chest' and all, held off the Nigerian army for more than two years with sticks and stones. Nigeria should continually thank Britain, Egypt and the Russia, if not for them there'd be no Nigeria.

Stop belittling biafran soldiers!! Ojukwu provided guns rather than sticks - stop insulting brave soldiers. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by tonero230(m): 8:03pm On Apr 26, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
Now, they will claim say na awolowo starve them. Shey the people wey i dey see so no dey starve before? grin grin

Yeye people.

F_00l

6 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 26, 2015
tobtap:

If you pple hate us so much,why is it so difficult to let us go??na by force ni??

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 26, 2015
tobtap:

since you pple hate us so much,why is it so difficult to let us go??na by force ni??

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Idrismusty97(m): 8:03pm On Apr 26, 2015
Billyonaire:
The OP is mischievous, there is no facial resembrance there to depict any of those kids as Igbos or other Biafran soldiers of the SS/SE Biafrans. My Dad was one of the gallant men that navigated the bushes and gave us the hope that we must fight oppressions of all forms. One wonders why I am a fighter in life, its in the DNA. We have conquered Lagos economically, we are conquering Abuja commercially and very soon we will conquer the whole of Africa ..."money-cally". We are talking money and you are talking nonsense.

Learn survival from the Igbos, stop hating on the Biafrans. We are survivors and we are victorious conquerors. We win, and we take your women, your wine and your economy.
You forgot Indonesia, China etc...

9 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by oTii(m): 8:03pm On Apr 26, 2015
They were in the verge to succeed, if not of the betrayer by late Awolowo... They would have been free today. #Oneness God bless Nigeria!!

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Roland17(m): 8:04pm On Apr 26, 2015
THE MODERATOR WHO PUT THIS THREAD ON THE FRONT PAGE MUST BE SUSPENDED OR MADE TO ISSUE AN UNRESERVED PUBLIC APOLOGY, WE ARE PREACHING PEACE DURING THIS CRITICAL PERIOD OF OUR NATIONS TRANSITION, YET THIS DUMBO OF A MODERATOR DEEMS IT FIT TO INCITE HATE AMONGST US.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by prospero15(m): 8:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
superstar1:
No wonder over 3million lives were wasted.

How can you face T72 tanks with cassava sticks?

If this is heroism to some people, it is sheer stupidity from the point of view of more rational minds.

Sorry 2 say dis..I tink it's "sheer stupidity" on ur part 4 nt reading dat well nd making ur comment...maybe u were taught dat during drills u use live ammunitions on urselves

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 26, 2015
joeyfire:

Skinny troops like the vietcong are very hard to crack. Ask USA and their muscular rambo types

Thanks my guy, help me ask am if na chest dem take dey fight war, go and ask boko haram guys, or rawanda's militia's

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by basty: 8:06pm On Apr 26, 2015
[quote author=U235weapongrade post=33133457]The Rising Sun..[/quot
Rising sun indeed, I saw their rising ignorance in Osisioma this morning painted in yellow colour. I weep for some brave idiots that call Yorubas cowards will continue to waste their lives.

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by bogolobango(m): 8:06pm On Apr 26, 2015
Laugh in spanish grin grin

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by MARKone(m): 8:06pm On Apr 26, 2015
baybeeboi:
they look like underfed Kenyans/Ethiopians.
How this ones wan take win war?

These 'underfed' Kenyans/Ethiopians lookalike, stood their ground for three bloody years!!

9 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by basty: 8:07pm On Apr 26, 2015
U235weapongrade:
The Rising Sun..
=
Rising sun indeed, I saw their rising ignorance in Osisioma this morning painted in yellow colour. I weep for some brave idiots that call Yorubas cowards will continue to waste their lives.

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by abbasbo003(m): 8:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
shaboti:
Eiya.. they look cute

U need to visit optical doctor

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by tobtap: 8:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
CheeNayNay:
since you pple hate us so much,why is it so difficult to let us go??na by force ni??
hold you HABA shocked undecided please answer this question ARE U READY TO DIE FOR A FAILED PROJECT CALLED BIAFRA

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 26, 2015
Idrismusty97:
You forgot Indonesia, China etc...
How can I forget ? Apart from the few cases of brothers who were pushed by the hardship ocassioned by the military government to do whatever they can to survive by becoming drug couriers, I can authoritatively announce to all Nairalanders, that at least 90% of the containers and other shipments coming into Nigeria from China are imported by the Biafran Nigerians. Chinese manufacturers have learnt to speak Igbo and I have a chinese lover right here with me. She says "xiexie" to you all. Biafrans are the most enterprising individual enterpreneurs in this "One Nigeria" project.

Any fool can know, but the point is to understand that we have accepted to conquer Nigeria in continuation of the Biafran War, this time, not with the guns and mortars but with what I call BISHNESH, what you call business.

Biafran Nigerians Unite.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by warrior01: 8:11pm On Apr 26, 2015
Biafra National Anthem

Land of rising sun, we love and cherish,
Beloved homeland of our brave heroes;
We must defend our lives or we shall perish,
We shall protect our hearts from all our foes;
But if the price is death for all we hold dear,
Then let us die without a shred of fear.

Hail to Biafra, consecrated nation,
O fatherland, this be our solemn pledge:
Defending thee shall be a dedication,
Spilling our blood we’ll count a privilege;
The waving standard which emboldens the free
Shall always be our flag of liberty.

We shall emerge triumphant from this ordeal,
And through the crucible unscathed we’ll pass;
When we are poised the wounds of battle to heal,
We shall remember those who died in mass;
Then shall our trumpets peal the glorious song
Of victory we scored o’er might and wrong.

Oh God, protect us from the hidden pitfall,
Guide all our movements lest we go astray;
Give us the strength to heed the humanist call:
To give and not to count the cost’ each day;
Bless those who rule to serve with resoluteness,
To make this clime a land of righteousness.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Ekowise(m): 8:11pm On Apr 26, 2015
how will Nigeria grow with Nigerians as haters of themselves.
woo to you all until you learn.

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by tunde1200(m): 8:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
do you know if kenyans and Ethiopians are in this forum?
angry grin
baybeeboi:
they look like underfed Kenyans/Ethiopians.
How this ones wan take win war?

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by s2ykel(m): 8:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
Seriously calm down 4 a second , wen u talk of soldiers , seriously these r soldiers............ If there wia food and water supply 4 dis boys and better ammunitions these boys wound v won d war . Cos dey wia really dedicated ....... I wish some1 wud just step up 4 another war ..... I personally , I will stake my life to get our state ................

7 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
It pisses me off when Igbos look at the Biafran campaign with pride!

* Look guys, [size=14pt]Ojukwu was a bloody bastard![/size]

* His singular actions lead to death of over 1 million Igbo civilians.

* He killed his own high ranking soldiers because they were Negotiating a deal with the British to surrender to Nigeria - because they wanted to prevent the incoming civilian deaths that they for-saw.

* Innocent Igbo men and women that were NOT in support of the war died.

* Biafran soldiers that were NOT previously in the Nigerian Army suffered for the rest of their lives... amputated arms and legs and all.

* [size=14pt]Ojukwu ran like a coward to Ivory Coast[/size]... why did the brave "Igbo" leader NOT fight and die with his soldiers like King Leonidas of Sparta?

* A lot of Igbo civilians wanted a diplomatic solution to the tension that was happening after the first ever coup (the Igbo Majors coup) in Nigeria.

* I remember an Igbo man (during my IT) who told me that his father (he was NEVER in support of the war - he had too much to lose) was a palm kernel farmer and exporter and lost ALL his money that he buried in their palm kernel farm, simply because the currency was changed and during the war they could not go and change the money in a bank outside the Eastern region.

* If you objectively look at the origin of the problem and Ojukwu's action, you would know that Biafra was a mistake and Ojukwu's ambition and stupidity caused the death of Innocent Igbo babies, children, women and men that had no say in whether they wanted war or not

* Did Ojukwu consult with the whole Eastern region and Igbo nation before he decided to secede and declare war? NO NO NO... the bastard (Ojukwu) did not... it was not all the Igbo's and South easterners that were in support of the war!

* Igbos, please stop hailing/praising the Biafra war or Ojukwu... PLEASE!

* Some mother fvckers would be shouting war as if war is a beautiful thing.... have you seen your friend or brother die in front of you because of a knife wound? Multiply the pain by a million times, then you get the feeling of what war can do to you!

* Do you know what it feels like to see your own baby die in your presence? Answer me... f00lish Ojukwu and Biafra worshipers! Thousands of Igbo mothers saw their babies and children die in their very presence!

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Idrismusty97(m): 8:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
Billyonaire:
How can I forget ? Apart from the few cases of brothers who were pushed by the hardship ocassioned by the military government to do whatever they can to survive by becoming drug couriers, I can authoritatively announce to all Nairalanders, that at least 90% of the containers and other shipments coming into Nigeria from China are imported by the Biafran Nigerians. Chinese manufacturers have learnt to speak Igbo and I have a chinese lover right here with me. She says "xiexie" to you all. Biafrans are the most enterprising individual enterpreneurs in this "One Nigeria" project.

Any fool can know, but the point is to understand that we have accepted to conquer Nigeria in continuation of the Biafran War, this time, not with the guns and mortars but with what I call BISHNESH, what you call business.

Biafran Nigerians Unite.
Thats good, All that is left now is Mars and Pluto smiley.

10 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
tobtap:

hold you HABA shocked undecided please answer this question ARE U READY TO DIE FOR A FAILED PROJECT CALLED BIAFRA
I AM!!.nigeria is the biggest example of a failed project.,useless mistake of a country still struggling to crawl after a 100years.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by olaolulazio(m): 8:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
Eeeyah, they look more like a marathon race athletes.

Funny pics.

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by oyeludef(m): 8:14pm On Apr 26, 2015
Vicotex:
And these guys held the lazy NA for years.
Nigeria should be thankful to other countries that helped them
from d look of things boko haram will av defeated biafra cos deyv lasted more dan biafra

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by jpphilips(m): 8:14pm On Apr 26, 2015
Where are the f00ls who claimed Biafra soldiers started the war with sophisticated weapons Ojukwu took from Enugu barracks?
Guess they are hiding now, why people refuse to read on this forum give me nightmares.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Olufemi Olu-kayode Confirms Audu's Death / Florence Ajimobi And Rauf Olaniyan In Exchange Of Words (video) / Ademola Adeleke's WAEC Result & Testimonial Released By Ede Muslim High School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.