Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (104062 Views)

How Nigerian Soldiers At The Battlefield Communicate With Their Commanders. PICS / The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 26, 2015
Billyonaire:
The OP is mischievous, there is no facial resembrance there to depict any of those kids as Igbos or other Biafran soldiers of the SS/SE Biafrans. My Dad was one of the gallant men that navigated the bushes and gave us the hope that we must fight oppressions of all forms. One wonders why I am a fighter in life, its in the DNA. We have conquered Lagos economically, we are conquering Abuja commercially and very soon we will conquer the whole of Africa ..."money-cally". We are talking money and you are talking nonsense.

Learn survival from the Igbos, stop hating on the Biafrans. We are survivors and we are victorious conquerors. We win, and we take your women, your wine and your economy.

ogA a beg try remove SS cous my grand father was a Nigeria army, an Urhobo man during the war , same goes to d isoko, itsekiri, ijaw,.... Edo....

THANKS so much did b grateful if u jst put only SE tanks

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by afrika(f): 8:14pm On Apr 26, 2015
Men that fought for freedom.
Men that had ofuobi.
Men that wanted one goal.

Boys that had it and could not contain it.
Men that if not for poor intelligence, saboteurs weakened their strength.

May their great souls rest in peace. Amen

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by olalat(m): 8:14pm On Apr 26, 2015
ednut1:
na training na. hv u heard of the ogbunigwe ehn grin. i love ojukwu he fought to the end ( oops he enter plane run )

Stop lying to us here. The guy ran away enter Abidjan. He put his people into mess. Read about the war very well dear. His greediness put the entire race into genocide. It was unnecessary war born out of egomaniac desire of one greed crank head called odimegwu ojukwu.

9 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Rilwayne001: 8:14pm On Apr 26, 2015
grin grin moderators...this one no good oo.

Why you come expose these people like this?.

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 26, 2015
Anytime I read stories about the biafran war,I remember the stories my mum. Always tells us about how my grandfather took all his children from sapele in Delta through the bushes to Cameron and finally to abidjan after 6months in the war,then my mum was in secondary school. It was a frightening experience and that's why she always prays that there should not be war again. She said the Nigerian soldiers were mostly hausas and yorubas who were always shooting upwards,while the biafran soldier were sharp shooters(laughs). I have never seen war and I don't pray for it,its not a good experience.

5 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by eaglechild: 8:14pm On Apr 26, 2015
This thread will soon hit 20 pages.

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 26, 2015
CheeNayNay:
see this yourobber ediot that claimed he was from yemen the other day...
*you people amount to nothing thats why most of u are in denial of being yourobber grin,its no wonder why so many of you here use igbo names as monikers pretending to be who they are not.
those men u just insulted fought solely against nigeria,britain and other world powers...thats BRAVERY!!
No man dead or alive in your entire lineage can even boast of killing a rat.chest beating coward!!

silly tribalist,

6 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by MadCow1: 8:16pm On Apr 26, 2015
ezeagu:
These guys, 'bird chest' and all, held off the Nigerian army for more than two years with sticks and stones. Nigeria should continually thank Britain, Egypt and the Russia, if not for them there'd be no Nigeria.

The Biafrans also had some foreign mercenaries in their ranks..

When I visited the Ojukwu Bunker in Abia State, the pictures showed some of them on the front lines.

Also remember that it wasn't until the last months of the war that the Nigerian Army stepped up their fight, before then, they were handled with the same gloves Jonathan was handling Boko Haram.

Just my take.

12 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 26, 2015
CheeNayNay:
see this yourobber ediot that claimed he was from yemen the other day...
*you people amount to nothing thats why most of u are in denial of being yourobber grin,its no wonder why so many of you here use igbo names as monikers pretending to be who they are not.
those men u just insulted fought solely against nigeria,britain and other world powers...thats BRAVERY!!
No man dead or alive in your entire lineage can even boast of killing a rat.chest beating coward!!

clap 4 ur self

3 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by ednut1(m): 8:16pm On Apr 26, 2015
olalat:

Stop lying to us here. The guy ran away enter Abidjan. He put his people into mess. Read about the war very well dear. His greediness put the entire race into genocide. It was unnecessary war born out of egomaniac desire of one greed crank head called odimegwu ojukwu.
go bk nd read my comment. ur blood jst dey hot grin
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Ekowise(m): 8:17pm On Apr 26, 2015
Roland17:
THE MODERATOR WHO PUT THIS THREAD ON THE FRONT PAGE MUST BE SUSPENDED OR MADE TO ISSUE AN UNRESERVED PUBLIC APOLOGY, WE ARE PREACHING PEACE DURING THIS CRITICAL PERIOD OF OUR NATIONS TRANSITION, YET THIS DUMBO OF A MODERATOR DEEMS IT FIT TO INCITE HATE AMONGST US.
the OP has done nothing wrong in remembering the heroes who fought for freedom. it's just that haters turned it into personal issue as usual. that's why it's difficult to achieve one Nigeria because we are strong enemies of ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 26, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Thats good, All that is left now is Mars and Pluto smiley.
Pluto ? Pluto is no more considered a planet. Dont you think you need to review your knowledge of Geography and Astronomy while I research more on how ship in more copies of Geography and Astronomy books for you to buy ? Bishness is in the Biafran DNA.

8 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 26, 2015
vickerz:

silly tribalist,
who cares bout what u think?

*swerve =>>>>>>

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
OgagaMic:

ogA a beg try remove SS cous my grand father was a Nigeria army, an Urhobo man during the war , same goes to d isoko, itsekiri, ijaw,.... Edo....

Are you saying your grandfather was an Iscariot ? I do not think you mean so. The man may have been our spy in the Nigerian army. Ask him again.

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Mortiple(m): 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
Truth is bitter but must be told; in terms of gallantry and bravery Yorubas are not at same pedestree with Ndigbo. They are not supposed to talk where Igbos are talking in this regard. They are and will forever remain cow-wards! grin

All they do well is talk the talk. Their cowardice aftermath of June 12 is still fresh in my memory.

What has happened since the war ended? Ndigbo are conquering Nigeria ECONOMICALLY from city to city. grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Roland17(m): 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ekowise:

the OP has done nothing wrong in remembering the heroes who fought for freedom. it's just that haters turned it into personal issue as usual. that's why it's difficult to achieve one Nigeria because we are strong enemies of ourselves.

Did you read any part of my comment that blames the OP? everyone has a right to open a thread, but certain threads should not grace the front page, especially sensitive topics about the lost lives and past of a people that has not been addressed holistically.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by stonecoldcafe: 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
undecided I can't even laugh @ the pictures. Right now I don't care who was right or wrong or who won or lost. These were Nigerians who died and seeing pictures like these cuts me. By the way I aint Ibo.

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ogbunigwe

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by tobtap: 8:20pm On Apr 26, 2015
CheeNayNay:
I AM!!.nigeria is the biggest example of a failed project.,useless mistake of a country still struggling to crawl after a 100years.
GOODLUCK DEAR...ALL THE BEST.. as for me...i CANT DIE FOR ANY COUNTRY

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by kettykin: 8:20pm On Apr 26, 2015
PassingShot:
I doubt if these people holding sticks were military boys.

And if they were, they were deceived or forced into committing suicide by Ojukwu.
From well established documents and evidence ,the major casualties of the civil war were women and children that starved to death as a result of the refusal of the nigerian army to follow the established war techniques of using military hardware instead of the sabotage of farmlands and destruction of foods.
The nigerian army actually lost more military personnel than biafran army.
Based on this, the Ojukwu junta did not force or commit mass suicide as alleged by poor historians with their lazily made up war stories rather nigerian authorised authorised the use of hunger as a weapon of war thereby killing more non combatants made up of innocent children and women.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 26, 2015
afrika:
Men that fought for freedom.
Men that had ofuobi.
Men that wanted one goal.

Boys that had it and could not contain it.
Men that if not for poor intelligence, saboteurs weakened their strength.

May their great souls rest in peace. Amen
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by vega84(m): 8:22pm On Apr 26, 2015
Brave men that fought fr freedom, Respect!
Shame on the Nigerian state.
Long live the spirit of Biafra !
#freedom one day!

#vegatalks

10 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 26, 2015
tobtap:

Thats means you have nothing worth dieing for so dnt insult brave men who...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Halimi24: 8:22pm On Apr 26, 2015
OgagaMic:

Ha!!ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!!!ha!!!ha!!ha!!
Broda why u fall my guy hand like dis??
A whole billionaire 4 dat matter
Nobody wanna associate wit losers&whiners
Ha!ha!!!ha!ha!!!!hahahahaha!!!!ha!ha!!!ha!!ah!!
D thread should be re named
HILARIOUS PHOTOS OF BIAFRA SOLDIERS
Hahaha!!ha!!!ha!!ha!!!ha!!!ahhhaha!!!!ahha!!!
C how skinny dey are!!!caused by d regular diet of agama lizard
Ha!ha!!!ha!!!!ahhaa!!!!!ha!!!!!ha!!ah!aha!!!

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 26, 2015
tobtap:

Thats means you have nothing worth dieing for so dnt insult brave men who fought for their liberation from a failed entity...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by 1stola: 8:24pm On Apr 26, 2015
ezeagu:
These guys, 'bird chest' and all, held off the Nigerian army for more than two years with sticks and stones. Nigeria should continually thank Britain, Egypt and the Russia, if not for them there'd be no Nigeria.
Mumu
They ran out of weapons and food
Can't you see they look malnourished??
After that coward Ojukwu deceived them and he fled away to ivory coast.

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by swisschris(m): 8:24pm On Apr 26, 2015
Brave biafran die hard soldiers that almost conquered this experiment called Nigeria, this guys get mind pass BH

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by illiad1(m): 8:25pm On Apr 26, 2015
ludamix:
After the Igbos claimed to have suffered through years of suppression under Nigeria’s military government,

Photo Credit: AP

Op I find this sentence offending.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by jpphilips(m): 8:25pm On Apr 26, 2015
s2ykel:
Seriously calm down 4 a second , wen u talk of soldiers , seriously these r soldiers............ If there wia food and water supply 4 dis boys and better ammunitions these boys wound v won d war . Cos dey wia really dedicated ....... I wish some1 wud just step up 4 another war ..... I personally , I will stake my life to get our state ................

Shouldn't you have made provisions for those before embarking on a suicide mission?

3 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by ezeagu(m): 8:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
Vicotex:
And these guys held the lazy NA for years.
Nigeria should be thankful to other countries that helped them

Of course, upon all the strafing by imported Egyptian pilots, and all the British ammunition and tactics. These kids actually believe Nigeria had any autonomy in the 60s. This same Britain that used the Sokoto Caliphate like a houseboy. That is why they continue to be kicked about in a zoo.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Charly68: 8:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
The boys were desperate and the truth is they had not enough food in Biafra then. It was a battle for self survival that was fought with pure determination. Eventually Papa Awo advised the then commander in Chief of Nigerian armed forces to cut off their food supply and the battle will cease. That was what Gowon did to weaken their resilience spirit. The battle to keep Nigeria one was a great battle indeed. God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by cyprus000: 8:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
Billyonaire:
The OP is mischievous, there is no facial resembrance there to depict any of those kids as Igbos or other Biafran soldiers of the SS/SE Biafrans. My Dad was one of the gallant men that navigated the bushes and gave us the hope that we must fight oppressions of all forms. One wonders why I am a fighter in life, its in the DNA. We have conquered Lagos economically, we are conquering Abuja commercially and very soon we will conquer the whole of Africa ..."money-cally". We are talking money and you are talking nonsense.

Learn survival from the Igbos, stop hating on the Biafrans. We are survivors and we are victorious conquerors. We win, and we take your women, your wine and your economy.
this guy is a caward yoruba idio*t.
Posing an a igbo person,just to instigate ethnic and tribal hate toward igbos.

For every igbo who loose his or her life in this present nigeria,bcs of this hate you yoruba peeps are spreading

THERE WILL BE AN ACCESS PREMPTIVE ACTION,THiS IS NOT FORMER BAIFRA THAT IS UNDER ECQUIPTED.
I WILL PERSONALLY MAKE SUrE I BE AT THE FOREFRONT THIS TIME TO REVENGE ALL UNJUSTIES AGAINST BAIFRA.

I AM SURE,YOU WILL BE ThE FIRST TO RUN FROM ONE REFUGEE CAMP TO ANOTHER.

MARK MY WORD..WHAT WILL HAPPEN ThIS TIME,WILL BE PAYBACK,IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT RANTING ONLINE..e go soon clear for una eyes,you ethier accept peace or face war that will wipe ur existance of this earth.

This is warning,I will not reply you,if you quote me

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Florence Ajimobi And Rauf Olaniyan In Exchange Of Words (video) / Ademola Adeleke's WAEC Result & Testimonial Released By Ede Muslim High School / Abba Kyari And Geoffrey Onyeama In The 70s (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.