Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,847 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:21 AM

STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! (41661 Views)

Fidelity Bank Recruitment For Graduate Trainee 2017 (Bsc And HND Only) / EFCC Ignores Federal Character In Staff Recruitment - The Authority / INFO About The Immigration Service Recruitment The Second Stage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
naturalwaves:

Well, question 18 to 20 has no back button. So, what else do you have to say?

well from the page that was posted up there,question 17 says" answer only this question".
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 27, 2015
Badosqi:
and I am sure u've forgotten where it was stated dat one had to wait for 2-3mins for the next question to load..

You are only saying all these since you are now aware of all the instructions... Picture urself in their positions battling with poor network connection, no back option and you're aware of the real question on quest.17....

nope.am only saying this because among all the posters,it was only one person that acknowledged her error and admitted that he/she has learn something
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by georgee(m): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
Sterling bank should make provision for pple dt had serious network issue to write the test. This is wia i fault them .. Yeye dem..I dey work already anyway

1 Like

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by naturalwaves: 1:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
doxime:

well from the page that was posted up there,question 17 says" answer only this question".
So, which one do you obey? The main instruction on the first page or the one on question 17? Going by yoir argument, candidates are expected to discard the main instruction subsequently. Does that make sense to you? If candidates were supoosed to obey the main one, candidates are not expected to touch any question at all until after going through all the questions 1-20. Answering the question 17 itself implies not following instructions. If candidates are then expected to answer question 17 on getting there, then the instruction is contradictory.

2 Likes

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by GenerousLord: 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
doxime:

And you forget the ULTIMATE instruction that says " you should read ALL questions before starting the test"?
Considering that instruction and considering the fact that "we are to pay attention to details", it would be wrong for someone to provide an answer for question number 17 (even though that question number states "This question is for you. You are to answer only this question"wink without reading through question number 18, 19 and 20 accordingly.
What if question number 18 was something like this, "You are not to answer question number 17. It was just a trick to test your attention to details skill"? Then probably, you had question number 20 as the right question for you to answer? Would you have said this same thing you are saying now? Of course you know that, if that was the case, then they would had as well said that those who answered question number 17 didn't pay attention to details because, they were told to read all questions before begining the test.

So as you can see, there is a big loophole there. And that's enough reason to question the recruitment process of Sterling bank.

3 Likes

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by Jfrezzy(m): 2:11pm On Apr 27, 2015
This bank is a shame ,I hope GMB is reading this Nigerian graduate should never stuff,in america and Uk with u college degree u good to go, jobs every were that the govt and private companies provides, so tell me why we Nigerians even with our pHD can't get jobs. Just because of lack of jobs we keep going to skool to make us better.. I just hope Buhari solve this massive unemployment in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by fotadmowmend(m): 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2015
naturalwaves:

I can develop forms by simply using google forms to design that kind of test pattern. The essence of skipping a question is to be able to go back to it at a later time and when that can't be done, it means a question cannot be skipped(with respect to answering it...you either answer the question, or forget about the question). Now, since we were asked to read all questions first, when you get to no 20 and have read it, how do you go back to no 17 when there is no BACK button? Is that not a scam?
To me it isn't a scam. When you get to question 17 and you see d main instruction there, what else do u need than to answer it correctly and skip 18,19,20 and submit ??
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by naturalwaves: 2:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
GenerousLord:

And you forget the ULTIMATE instruction that says " you should read ALL questions before starting the test"?
Considering that instruction and considering the fact that "we are to pay attention to details", it would be wrong for someone to provide an answer for question number 17 (even though that question number states "This question is for you. You are to answer only this question"wink without reading through question number 18, 19 and 20 accordingly.
What if question number 18 was something like this, "You are not to answer question number 17. It was just a trick to test your attention to details skill"? Then probably, you had question number 20 as the right question for you to answer? Would you have said this same thing you are saying now? Of course you know that, if that was the case, then they would had as well said that those who answered question number 17 didn't pay attention to details because, they were told to read all questions before begining the test.

So as you can see, there is a big loophole there. And that's enough reason to question the recruitment process of Sterling bank.
Thank you so much bro.May God continue to bless your knowledge, you seem to be one of the few ones that understands my argument.

1 Like

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by fotadmowmend(m): 2:49pm On Apr 27, 2015
I don't mean to offend anyone. But let us think about if applicants were to answer all the questions correctly don't you think that people will get someone else to attempt the questions for them as the test is unsupervised? I am of the opinion that that is a way of eliminating most of them and I don't think even the examiners knew that it will be as bad as this.
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by naturalwaves: 2:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
fotadmowmend:

To me it isn't a scam. When you get to question 17 and you see d main instruction there, what else do u need than to answer it correctly and skip 18,19,20 and submit ??
Who told you questiin number 17 was the main instruction? Again, answer this.....what was the main instruction on the first page. If a candidate answers question 17 before moving to 18,19,20, has such candidate obeyed the main instruction on the first page??

2 Likes

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by naturalwaves: 2:55pm On Apr 27, 2015
fotadmowmend:
I don't mean to offend anyone. But let us think about if applicants were to answer all the questions correctly don't you think that people will get someone else to attempt the questions for them as the test is unsupervised? I am of the opinion that that is a way of eliminating most of them and I don't think even the examiners knew that it will be as bad as this.

Yeah, there is a possibility of that happening and that is why companies usually organise a self supervised test after the one that was done remotely. UAC used the same method in the last recruitment they did.
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by Adekoolz(m): 3:40pm On Apr 27, 2015
hi everyone am kinda new here but I want to ask if guys that wrote this test have written an aptitude test and passed before or this the first phase...because av written an apptitude test at workforce and I passed but havent gotten any mail or text from Sterling since march. would appreciate your help
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by totem1(m): 3:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
Bros.. You failed by not reading and following the instructions (I admit that i would have failed too)... Learn your lesson and move on. What do you even mean by "ultimate instruction"..
Next time read between the lines and follow instructions.. I have seen cases like this, some of my lecturers did something similar in school. If question 17 says that you are to answer this question, then answer... you dont really hit it when you say that it would have been wrong to answer 17 as a result of the "ultimate instruction". Just learn and move on..

GenerousLord:

2 Likes

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by naturalwaves: 4:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
totem1:
Bros.. You failed by not reading and following the instructions (I admit that i would have failed too)... Learn your lesson and move on. What do you even mean by "ultimate instruction"..
Next time read between the lines and follow instructions.. I have seen cases like this, some of my lecturers did something similar in school. If question 17 says that you are to answer this question, then answer... you dont really hit it when you say that it would have been wrong to answer 17 as a result of the "ultimate instruction". Just learn and move on..

If the instruction says you should make sure you read all questions before answering any, were you supoosed to answer question 17 without reading all first? You guys won't cease to amaze me with your yeye logic, the bank goofed as the instructionswere contradictory and you are hee defending a misinformation. Goibg by your logic too, questions 1-16 requires that a candidate choses one answer from four options, so, we are expected to discard the main instruction and keep on answering abi Your defence is weak sir, try another one.

1 Like

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by candy15: 5:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
Well to me, I just discovered it now that sterling bank is not at fault when it comes to the instructions given. It was stated there that- " read ALL questions before answering". (You're not expected to answer it yet, just read and move on to another)

In the process of reading all questions, number 17 instruction says answer only this question. We are expected to answer that question before you continue to read the other questions(18-20).

Now I see why there was no Previous but Next.

Really guys, dont blame them for the instructions but only for the poor network. I was also unable to login. #itswell

3 Likes

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by Lastanza: 5:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
From d argument so far I think itz a highly technical process.I ve read through d comments and dis are my observations.
1. d op made a case as regards d 1st instruction if followed judiciously of not being able to go back to no.17 because u must get to no.20 b4 answering.
2. you ar nt surposed to answer no.17 on getting there because d instruction says read all before answering. No.20 could av said don't answer any question and dat is d final instruction
3.Dis is d bomb. Anoda said dat on gettn to no to no.17 u wil get a congratulatory message 4 keeping to instruction so dis is likely d intended and if not they ar contradictory.

1 Like

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by georgee(m): 5:23pm On Apr 27, 2015
Lastanza:
From d argument so far I think itz a highly technical process.I ve read through d comments and dis are my observations.
1. d op made a case as regards d 1st instruction if followed judiciously of not being able to go back to no.17 because u must get to no.20 b4 answering.
2. you ar nt surposed to answer no.17 on getting there because d instruction says read all before answering. No.20 could av said don't answer any question and dat is d final instruction
3[b].Dis is d bomb. Anoda said dat on gettn to no to no.17 u wil get a congratulatory message 4 keeping to instruction so dis is likely d intended and if not they ar contradictory[/b].
I think I'll agree wit u @Bolded (If it's truly true)
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by chrisley024(m): 5:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
dmyke:
The fact that less than half of the qualified candidates were able to log in for the test (according to Sterling Bank themselves) shows that it was a failure. Many got false links in their emails. Those that managed to log in could not write the test as the website was hampering progress. I seriously doubt up to 500 people successfully wrote the test (the bank claims more than 2,000 people did). Does the bank actually think they've got the best 120 candidates?

Even the gist that 120 people passed the test is a scam of its own. I know of a guy who managed to log in, and was still struggling to read instructions, when the site got stuck. He refreshed the page, and got a congratulatory message! He was informed that he had the necessary quality of following instructions to the letter bla bla bla...
Hahahahaha! Now this is FAVOUR!
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by lippyrat: 6:03pm On Apr 27, 2015
I should say i feel everyone's pain. On my last post i said everything about life is luck.

Yes majority of the lot failed the test. does it mean you were not intelligent? absolutely not. it means that this isn't mean't for you.

Saying that there was a network issue, people couldn't log in. honestly this are all part of the examination. Nothing goes right in life, you either come out successful or lucky. I was lucky.

I did my test 5mins before 12pm. you know what i learn't? i will educate you.

When i tried using the link that takes me directly to the test i noticed the link either didn't open or it just took too long

so i decided to try one of the links sent by sterling bank that eventually takes you to the test. that's what i did and it worked. i told a friend how he could open the site faster, he did and he also passed the test.

We can argue to infinity if the instructions were clear in answering only question 17. Well that depends on how you look at it. What may be understandable to me might not to you.

what is done is done. i always say those who own skyscrapers in marina and VI have one brain as we do. they didn't seat and complain if the process was good or bad. they kept believing. President Jonathan who i adore as a President knew he would lose the presidency yet for the sake of peace. he gave peace.

PDP POWER !!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by slimmax: 6:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
Anyway they rescheduled the test for me. waiting patiently
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by chrisley024(m): 6:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
naturalwaves:

I can develop forms by simply using google forms to design that kind of test pattern. The essence of skipping a question is to be able to go back to it at a later time and when that can't be done, it means a question cannot be skipped(with respect to answering it...you either answer the question, or forget about the question). Now, since we were asked to read all questions first, when you get to no 20 and have read it, how do you go back to no 17 when there is no BACK button? Is that not a scam?
The truth is I'd have failed this test if I took it.

From my observation:

They expected candidates to read ALL questions before answering.

At no.17, you're to answer it(no.17) by virtue of 'obeying the last order'.

Putting a Back Button would have given those that realised their mistakes at no.17 the opportunity to return to previous questions and Uncheck their answers.

#MyObservation
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by GenerousLord: 6:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
totem1:

I'm gonna pass this.
You know nothing Totem1.

Have yourself a nice evening.
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by naturalwaves: 7:03pm On Apr 27, 2015
chrisley024:
The truth is I'd have failed this test if I took it.

From my observation:

They expected candidates to read ALL questions before answering.

At no.17, you're to answer it(no.17) by virtue of 'obeying the last order'.

Putting a Back Button would have given those that realised their mistakes at no.17 the opportunity to return to previous questions and Uncheck their answers.

#MyObservation
That virtue of obeying the last order you mentioned is the scam and contradiction in the test instructions.
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by naturalwaves: 7:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
Lastanza:
3.Dis is d bomb. Anoda said dat on gettn to no to no.17 u wil get a congratulatory message 4 keeping to instruction so dis is likely d intended and if not they ar contradictory.
I must say "thank you" for following up the argument logically but those that got the congratulatory message according to the inside source must have gotten the message after selecting an answer for no 17 not just on getting to no 17. If an answer is selected for no 17 without getting to no 20, then the main instruction which states that all questions must be read before selecting any answer has been violated and that itself implies not following instructions which means that there is a conflict in the instructions and candidates were left between the devil and the blue sea. The truth is ...Sterling bank tried to prove smart by giving out a trickish test (there is no crime in giving a trickish test, infact I like such) BUT the trickish test wasn't well planned with respect to conflicting instructions and they only ended up embarrasing themselves. If the so called test pattern and instructions is subjected to a thorough analysis, they will come out wrong.
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
naturalwaves:

I must say "thank you" for following up the argument logically but those that got the congratulatory message according to the inside source must have gotten the message after selecting an answer for no 17 not just on getting to no 17. If an answer is selected for no 17 without getting to no 20, then the main instruction which states that all questions must be read before selecting any answer has been violated and that itself implies not following instructions which means that there is a conflict in the instructions and candidates were left between the devil and the blue sea. The truth is ...Sterling bank tried to prove smart by giving out a trickish test (there is no crime in giving a trickish test, infact I like such) BUT the trickish test wasn't well planned with respect to conflicting instructions and they only ended up embarrasing themselves. If the so called test pattern and instructions is subjected to a thorough analysis, they will come out wrong.
If you have analytical and ability to pay attention to details you will understand the reason why you're meant to read through the questions. You are asked to read all the questions correctly before you attempt the question. The 17 question states, You are to answer only this question. and you skipped it? You lack common sense. undecided

The only issue I find with the test is the poor network and inability to access the test. All those crap about instruction is shameful for a graduate like you.
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by naturalwaves: 10:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
slimmy05:
If you have analytical and ability to pay attention to details you will understand the reason why you're meant to read through the questions. You are asked to read all the questions correctly before you attempt the question. The 17 question states, You are to answer only this question. and you skipped it? You lack common sense. undecided

The only issue I find with the test is the poor network and inability to access the test. All those crap about instruction is shameful for a graduate like you.

You work and think like a robot, giving you an audience and trying to have a sensible discuss with you is an effort in futility, you lack manners and it isn't your fault, it is the fault of this faceless forum and that's why your mouth leaks anyhow.When you type, your brain is supposed to control your fingers but reverse is the case.My friend,just go sleep and please stop spamming my mentions and quoting me, you are constituting a nuisance.

2 Likes

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2015
naturalwaves:

You work and think like a robot, giving you an audience and trying to have a sensible discuss with you is an effort in futility, you lack manners and it isn't your fault, it is the fault of this faceless forum and that's why your mouth leaks anyhow.When you type, your brain is supposed to control your fingers but reverse is the case.My friend,just go sleep and please stop spamming my mentions and quoting me, you are constituting a nuisance.
Exactly why you failed the test. You lack common sense
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by naturalwaves: 10:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
slimmy05:
Exactly why you failed the test. You lack common sense
Your level of idiocy stinks so much.If you had common sense, you would have read that I couldn't even take the test. I never knew I have been chatting with an eediot all these while. Go back and read. Illiterate!
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 27, 2015
naturalwaves:

[s]Your level of idiocy stinks so much.If you had common sense, you would have read that I couldn't even take the test. I never knew I have been chatting with an eediot all these while. Go back and read. Illiterate![/s]
Keep exposing your crass ignorance. Simple instruction and your here ranting. undecided
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by naturalwaves: 10:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
slimmy05:
Keep exposing your crass ignorance. Simple instruction and your here ranting. undecided
You the crass fellow here man, read this about 10 times into your thick skull ....I COULD NOT TAKE THE TEST.By the time you are done, I pray your brain deciphers that. If an adult like you cannot understand a simple wtiteup, we have to use nursery school pattern for you. Repeat the bolded again 20 times .

How can a person that didn't take a test fail it idiota?

1 Like

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 27, 2015
naturalwaves:

[s]You the crass fellow here man, read this about 10 times into your thick skull ....I COULD NOT TAKE THE TEST.By the time you are done, I pray your brain deciphers that. If an adult like you cannot understand a simple wtiteup, we have to use nursery school pattern for you. Repeat the bolded again 20 times .

How can a person that didn't take a test fail it idiota?[/s]
Relax, don't get yourself worked up. Pay close attention next time and not just follow instruction, apply common sense. wink
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by naturalwaves: 11:17pm On Apr 27, 2015
slimmy05:
Relax, don't get yourself worked up. Pay close attention next time and not just follow instruction, apply common sense. wink
Smh...you know what?Just have fun and say whatever pleases you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

His Friends Called Him An Errand Boy, But Today His Errand Has Paid Off / My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US / CBN TIES Loans & Grants For Graduates' Smes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.