Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,269 members, 7,780,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:28 PM

Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) (28183 Views)

Rituals: Ondo Police Arrest Teachers For Taking Pupils' Blood & Fingernails / Pupils Of A Primary School Climbing Fence / A Primary School Where Pupils Wear Chelsea Jersey As Their Sportswear (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by curiouses: 12:32am On Apr 27, 2015
I think everything is wrong with this. Senior boy and other prefects are supposed to be selected based on merit not election.

5 Likes

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Jackeeh(m): 12:34am On Apr 27, 2015
I beg to differ. I support the inculcating of politics into the pupil's curriculum. I believe it's called social studies. But I disagree to an active participation until they've come of age. Whether we choose to acknowledge it or not, politics,elections, campaign etc stirs up animosity, disagreements, and the likes. Even as adults, most times its difficult to accept your opponent won. Should we expose our kids to such unhealthy rivalry at their age? Can they deal with it? My opinion though. Yours might be better.

32 Likes

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by curiouses: 12:39am On Apr 27, 2015
Jackeeh:
This is wrong.

Totally wrong. This kids know nothing about election/democracy.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Pebcak: 12:40am On Apr 27, 2015
Jackeeh:
This is wrong.

Why do you think is wrong?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Pebcak: 12:44am On Apr 27, 2015
this will open up their mind, developed country do this and maybe it is part of what help their election process in the nation as well you will not see youths acting barbaric in developed country because its something they are used to but the first election process most youth in Nigeria go through is when they get to college and that one is as terrible as a national election.

I believe having elite youth during election time that understand election proc ess will help the nation in years to come

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by ki02020(m): 12:44am On Apr 27, 2015
That is the way to go.....let them know and and have a feel of what democracy is all about so that when they grow to the stage of excercising proper franchise they will not be use as political thugs disrtupting the elctoral process.......op nice topic from you

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Pebcak: 12:47am On Apr 27, 2015
ki02020:
That is the way to go.....let them know and and have a feel of what democracy is all about so that when they grow to the stage of excercising proper frachise they will not be use as political thugs disrtupting the elctoral process.......op nice topic from you
yes oooooo

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Nobody: 12:49am On Apr 27, 2015
Way to go. I have been dreaming of this a long while ago. especially in our secondary schools... this will raise the awareness of this children as they are growing up so that their fate wont be that of the present generation that are demanding for the old men to relinquish power for them yet majority of them stay away from the polling booth during elections...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Nobody: 12:51am On Apr 27, 2015
The teachers should set the minimum requirement (Academics and morals) jst like INEC and allow the children to choose who will lead them...

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by curiouses: 1:04am On Apr 27, 2015
Nalikedis:
Way to go. I have been dreaming of this a long while ago. especially in our secondary schools... this will raise the awareness of this children as they are growing up so that their fate wont be that of the present generation that are demanding for the old men to relinquish power for them yet majority of them stay away from the polling booth during elections...

I think primary school is way too early to introduce kids to electoral system. Secondary school is reasonable enough, at least they'd have learnt about civics to guide them through the process.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Edwardhead(m): 2:19am On Apr 27, 2015
it's called childocracy

3 Likes

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Jackeeh(m): 2:50am On Apr 27, 2015
Pebcak:

Why do you think is wrong?

It's wrong because he's not 18 yet. This should begin in secondary institutions.
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Nobody: 2:59am On Apr 27, 2015
This is awesome, I like it. Let the culture of "the best guy wins" be imbibed in them even as toddlers. We don't want no @thiefkus in future who believes only in the power of dollar undecided

7 Likes

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Ojestas(m): 4:02am On Apr 27, 2015
This?? Lol grin

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by efilefun(m): 4:08am On Apr 27, 2015
really
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by nairalife2013(m): 4:08am On Apr 27, 2015
I was scared to the teeth wen my eldest child of 2yrs then started showing signs of hatred for her younger one. I couldn't stand some of the malicious things she did to her then one year old sibling. I started telling people and needing help. I read a lot of books on kids growing up. I put the things I garnered on realtime practice. Today, she loves her sister so much and calls her mybaby. If she hear her sister crying, she ll dash down immediately, prepared to unleash her might on anything she found to hav hurt her sibling. This thing thought me a lesson. If u instil certain thing in a child's conscious mind, the child certainly will grow with that thing subconsciously. I found out everything is worth teaching the child... it will take some blacks another century to acquiesce to this.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 4:11am On Apr 27, 2015
IdiAmin1:
This is awesome, I like it. Let the culture of "the best guy wins" be imbibed in them even as toddlers. We don't want no @thiefkus in future who believes only in the power of dollar undecided

They will soon introduce zoning provided it is a Nigerian multi-ethnic school.

PRESSID is already under threat by quota system regime

4 Likes

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by nairalife2013(m): 4:12am On Apr 27, 2015
Jackeeh:

It's wrong because he's not 18 yet. This should begin in secondary institutions.
teaching should begin from birth

4 Likes

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by agarawu23(m): 6:44am On Apr 27, 2015
curiouses:

some ppl with fish brain sha undecided

12 Likes

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by curiouses: 7:40am On Apr 27, 2015
agarawu23:
some ppl with fish brain sha undecided

Thank you Musilly.

2 Likes

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Ymodulus: 7:45am On Apr 27, 2015
This is a + for him

2 Likes

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Metrofox(m): 7:54am On Apr 27, 2015
curiouses:

They know nothing, that's why it's a school for learning... None of you is yet to come up with good points against this.. Being used to a method doesn't make it right.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Jackeeh(m): 8:50am On Apr 27, 2015
nairalife2013:
teaching should begin from birth

I get you. As a parent, I'm obligated to teach my kids sex education. Am I also to encourage them to be sexually active from such tender age? Heck no. I teach them from birth and when they come of age, they can put to practice what they learned from me. Same logic applies to nursery politics.

3 Likes

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by jamex93(m): 9:50am On Apr 27, 2015
so dem don dey teach this children how to rig election from small

future PDP members

1 Like

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Tenim47(m): 9:50am On Apr 27, 2015
Evrytin is change
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by ceejay80s(m): 9:52am On Apr 27, 2015
Election in pry school?
Na from here dem go learn how to rig
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 27, 2015
atink election don bcom there mate? mk i catch any of my cousins dey paste any poster...i go report am to buhari

1 Like

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by juniormusa(m): 9:53am On Apr 27, 2015
Even in primary school.*sigh*
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Situation001(m): 9:53am On Apr 27, 2015
oga o
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Bonapart(m): 9:53am On Apr 27, 2015
Nigeria and politics...
This is stewpid
Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by hidee20(m): 9:54am On Apr 27, 2015
This is a good idea but only the best (academically and leadership qualities) should be nominated.

1 Like

Re: Primary School Set To Hold Election Among Pupils (Photo) by Hammefeez: 9:54am On Apr 27, 2015
Me no believe ooooo.

Ha ha?

#Change

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EBSU Withdraws From ASUU Strike - School Registrar, Mr. Sam Egwu / Unizik 2011/2012 Admission Statue Is Out On Www.jamb.org.ng / 28 Most Published Scholars In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.