Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:16 PM

MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service (78820 Views)

Postal Code Of All States In Nigeria PLUS All Distrcits In Lagos State / What Is The Difference Between Zip And Postal Code / Social Media And SMS Kill Students' Writing Skills, Says NIPOST (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by Kelvinjosh343: 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2019
We are all leaner,have you got your package now,if not yet I can help you out ok but after getting your package the next,you will hive me good feed back on here.
Lindachidera93:

Please am new here,so I might not know how to comment properly on a post,am facing same problem as you,did you get your phone,last update was departed murtala Muhammad airport Lagos,since 4th of August 2019 no update since then,please how did you go about your own problem
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by NomzyJust(m): 7:22pm On Aug 26, 2019
winnex007:
Please who's in Jos town. I bought an item on aliexpress and it was shipped to a wrong address (Jos). Please can anyone help me pick it up and do a way bill.

have you gotten the item yet?
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by winnex007(m): 5:29am On Aug 27, 2019
NomzyJust:

have you gotten the item yet?
Yes. thank you
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by jamesbridget13(f): 2:56pm On Sep 22, 2019
With all this horrible experience here n there. God!!!

I am yet to conclude if i shld use nipost to waybill my goods from Lagos to Port Harcourt. The goods departed China yesterday n will arrive at Lagos soon through Sky Cargo.

Any advice?
N do they do pick up? ( picking from logistic company n sending to me)
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by LaIabobo: 12:03pm On Nov 04, 2019
SSamuelo:
I sent some documents through nipost registered mail on Monday to Germany,was told it will take 15 days,when will i start tracking the package.

Hi how much did you pay for this??
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by kintipsy(m): 12:02am On Nov 16, 2019
Good morning guys, please who can assist me with the postal office in charge of Ibafo/Mowe. if possible a contact i could call to do small follow up on the document i am expecting.

thanks Guys.
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by cellove: 6:19pm On Jan 08, 2020
My transcript was sent to WES Canada from NIPOST Auchi since on the 3rd December, 2019. Till moment as I write this, WES has not confirmed receipt of transcript. When I sent a mail to them, they responded that such item the tracking code: RR056315354NG has not arrived or been received in their office. I sent a mail to NIPOST having discovered that the tracking code was used for two different parcel. A staff responded that the item arrived Canada on the 25/12/2019. On wanting to know who received it and when, the staff (from their customer service) has refused to respond to other mails till date. Further probe on the where about of the parcel led me to the office of origin where another staff asking me to log in to trackitonline.ru which has remained my source for tracking. He (the staff) said the parcel was in USA as at 6/01/2020. I accosted him with the mail from their customer service claiming that the parcel was in Canada and since then, he has not responded to messages again. Please, can someone help me? NIPOST has logged off and I don't know what next to do.
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by toprealman: 11:05am On Jan 17, 2020
lilllly:

Thanks for replying but I don’t get what you mean by “the nearest post office”. If you have to pick up any parcel, they direct you to the nipost hq at Sapon here in Abeokuta.which is where I have been receiving my other parcels since I relocated here 2 months ago. Do you mean I should start checking other post offices one by one?
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by Bethiano(m): 7:23am On Jan 29, 2020
Dear Cellove,

sorry you have to go through this .

from what i can see the item reached Lagos on was put in an Outbound bag on 12th December 2019.

i may agree to your claim that the tracking number is the issue, i see that it was assigned to another document going to the US. if you observe there was no record of the document leaving Nigeria.

This is clearly a technical/ Human error from their side of Nipost. I think Auchi office is responsible for the error. They obviously did not synchronize their system before registering your package. Such that when the item got to Lagos, the Lagos system became frustrated, not knowing what to do. Even if they sent it to Canada, the Canadian system would not recognise the package, because the Tracking code is a unique identifier, no 2 package should share same number .

If they had synchronized their system, the system may not have assigned your package an already used number .

question
1. did you send the transcript yourself ?
2. Did you write your contact details (+ Phone number) behind the envelope in case of return ?

if yes, to the above question then i guess you can only hope it will be returned to you. This actually takes about 21 days .

Another, option, try reaching out to Nipost control office in Ikeja .... you could call them or visit their office.

Hopefully they can track the item.

To be very honest, Nipost is weak in Troubleshooting as with many Nigerian establishments.

cellove:
My transcript was sent to WES Canada from NIPOST Auchi since on the 3rd December, 2019. Till moment as I write this, WES has not confirmed receipt of transcript. When I sent a mail to them, they responded that such item the tracking code: RR056315354NG has not arrived or been received in their office. I sent a mail to NIPOST having discovered that the tracking code was used for two different parcel. A staff responded that the item arrived Canada on the 25/12/2019. On wanting to know who received it and when, the staff (from their customer service) has refused to respond to other mails till date. Further probe on the where about of the parcel led me to the office of origin where another staff asking me to log in to trackitonline.ru which has remained my source for tracking. He (the staff) said the parcel was in USA as at 6/01/2020. I accosted him with the mail from their customer service claiming that the parcel was in Canada and since then, he has not responded to messages again. Please, can someone help me? NIPOST has logged off and I don't know what next to do.
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by Bethiano(m): 7:36am On Jan 29, 2020
This may be the customs of Netherlands.

Customs of receiving or sending countries, should they find any suspicious package , they have the right by law i guess to open the package.

whether items in the package would be intact or not depends and its tricky. it could be an honest Human mistake or treacherous intentional actions, however, depending on the country , the probability of any content being intact varies... Am sure you know what i mean by this ...

regards

ajoskele:
I received a package from the Netherlands mid-december last year and noticed the seal was broken and re-sealed. When I queried the NIPOST staffs in Akure here, they claimed it might be the sender.
I called to confirm and was negative. I was disappointed, though everything was intact.
NIPOST staffs should be patriotic and desist from tampering with customers' parcels.
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by cellove: 5:22pm On Jan 30, 2020

Do you remember the above? My parcel/transcript is still undelivered till today. I am going to pay additional money in the school to process another transcript today or tomorrow. NIPOST no longer pick their calls or respond to their emails. I have written on twitter to the Minister of Communication who I suspect they report to but still till I write this, there is no response from the twitter handle as well. Who said Nigeria will work? When and how? I am totally disappointed in the system as it is today.

Anyways, thank you guys. PLEASE LET NO MAN THINK OF USING NIPOST. THEY ARE TOTALLY A FAILURE

1 Like

Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by zibah1: 11:39pm On Jan 30, 2020
Please how does one resolve the issue of NIPOST sending items to the wrong location and address after they have arrived in Nigeria? I now have several items I ordered from Aliexpress last year being sent to and signed for in different locations across the country which are far from me. One was signed for in Bauchi, one in Abuja, a few in different places in Lagos. Honestly I'm quite fed up. Why will another be permitted to sign for an item that is not in his name nor to his address? I waited thinking it might be a NIPOST worker who will forward them but till now I never received them. How do I go about tracing and getting my items to my location please? The dispute date on Aliexpress has long passed and the items got to Nigeria. It's here that 'magic' happened. Who should I speak to to get this sorted please?
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by Davedavy: 11:54pm On Jan 30, 2020
How much does it cost to send documents using nipost from Nigeria to Canada ?
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by Davedavy: 11:56pm On Jan 30, 2020
cellove:

Try to track it using Canada Post website, if it's not showing then it never got to Canada
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by cellove: 9:01am On Jan 31, 2020
Davedavy:

Try to track it using Canada Post website, if it's not showing then it never got to Canada

I have exhausted all avenues of tracking the parcel. From NIPOST, I have received lies upon lies to the extent that they don't pick my calls any longer and are not prepared to refund the money since the parcel is undelivered. I have written countless mails to their customer service department and nothing happened. I have even written the minister in charge and still nothing. This is Nigeria where a Minister reads his/her twits and still do not worry what the person is explaining. How will the country be good? We've lost it long ago and it can't be revived.

1 Like

Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by Comique(m): 12:02pm On Feb 04, 2020
How long will it take my parcel to be delivered in the USA via Registered mail.

For the past 4 days now , this was the last update I have on the tracking.

Nigeria, LAGOS IMPC (AIR), Insert item into bag (Otb)

Why is tracking not updated??
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by Haderoncare(f): 2:28pm On Feb 04, 2020
Kelvinjosh343:
We are all leaner,have you got your package now,if not yet I can help you out ok but after getting your package the next,you will hive me good feed back on here.
Hello, can you help me to track my parcel that was sent from US via USPS then DHL e-commerce is since 8th of January. I tracking number GM565326212101540234. Thanks
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by Comique(m): 8:55pm On Feb 04, 2020
Comique:
How long will it take my parcel to be delivered in the USA via Registered mail.

For the past 4 days now , this was the last update I have on the tracking.

Nigeria, LAGOS IMPC (AIR), Insert item into bag (Otb)

Why is tracking not updated??

I need help
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by Jetsnigeria(m): 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2020
My goods arrived from China to Nipost Office.... I went there to claim it but I was asked to pay for handling charges...is this right because I demanded for receipt but Officer told me that the person to issue receipt is not on seat. I simply paid requested to collect my receipt later.

What should I have done?

Am I supposed to pay?
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by Comique(m): 12:53pm On Feb 26, 2020
Jetsnigeria:
My goods arrived from China to Nipost Office.... I went there to claim it but I was asked to pay for handling charges...is this right because I demanded for receipt but Officer told me that the person to issue receipt is not on seat. I simply paid requested to collect my receipt later.

What should I have done?

Am I supposed to pay?

Sometimes you might require to pay. 200 naira or less
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by iscom(m): 9:57am On Jun 14, 2020
Hi, i don't know if i am being cheated. I sent something through nipost using registered mail. The item weigh 0.565kg and i was charged N900. From a state to another state within Nigeria. On the receipt she wrote home delivery which i know is not working, and wether is because of the home delivery the price was high i don't know. I was expecting N500. Thanks
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by Winneygirl(f): 3:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
iscom:
Hi, i don't know if i am being cheated. I sent something through nipost using registered mail. The item weigh 0.565kg and i was charged N900. From a state to another state within Nigeria. On the receipt she wrote home delivery which i know is not working, and wether is because of the home delivery the price was high i don't know. I was expecting N500. Thanks

They are not as cheap as they used to be. N900 is fair. You didnt thank God that they didnt insist that you buy their carton.
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by iscom(m): 7:37am On Jun 15, 2020
Winneygirl:

They are not as cheap as they used to be. N900 is fair. You didnt thank God that they didnt insist that you buy their carton.
OK thanks very much
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by konews: 8:42am On Jun 15, 2020
MAIL ROOM PROCEDURES
INTRODUCTION
in the majority or large offices, the postal department is a central unit serving the Various departments of the firm. There is therefore a large amount of incoming mail to be dealt with before distribution
https://businessplanhub.com.ng/mail-room-procedures/
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by donbanj(m): 1:21pm On Jul 29, 2020
Good day everyone. Please can someone help me with the details on how to send some stuff (printed calendars and printed graphics works) from Jigawa State to Lagos state.
I don't know the processes, procedures and cost for waybilling or nipost.

Pls your detailed explanations and advice will be really appreciated. You can reply or reach me through this trend or via olabanjibelloj@gmail.com or 08184495393
Thanks.
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 20, 2020
Hello Bethiano,

My parcel has been with IMPC-Air lagos since July 21st 2020.

Its about a month and no communication even after countless emails.

Please advice me on what to do.

Bethiano:
Dear Cellove,

sorry you have to go through this .

from what i can see the item reached Lagos on was put in an Outbound bag on 12th December 2019.

i may agree to your claim that the tracking number is the issue, i see that it was assigned to another document going to the US. if you observe there was no record of the document leaving Nigeria.

This is clearly a technical/ Human error from their side of Nipost. I think Auchi office is responsible for the error. They obviously did not synchronize their system before registering your package. Such that when the item got to Lagos, the Lagos system became frustrated, not knowing what to do. Even if they sent it to Canada, the Canadian system would not recognise the package, because the Tracking code is a unique identifier, no 2 package should share same number .

If they had synchronized their system, the system may not have assigned your package an already used number .

question
1. did you send the transcript yourself ?
2. Did you write your contact details (+ Phone number) behind the envelope in case of return ?

if yes, to the above question then i guess you can only hope it will be returned to you. This actually takes about 21 days .

Another, option, try reaching out to Nipost control office in Ikeja .... you could call them or visit their office.

Hopefully they can track the item.

To be very honest, Nipost is weak in Troubleshooting as with many Nigerian establishments.

Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
no response. guys how far now?
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 06, 2020
??
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by KamiSammy: 12:37am On Jan 28, 2021
I'm having a problem with Nipost and I'm tired
My package from Ali Express has gotten to Nipost 7days ago and I haven't been contacted at all. I only got contacted once and the woman just called to verify my name and that was all, when I tried calling back she always says it will get to me, it's been 7 DAYSS NOW!
I don't know if there's a way I can collect my package or something I'm tired
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by Winneygirl(f): 10:23am On Jan 28, 2021
KamiSammy:
I'm having a problem with Nipost and I'm tired
My package from Ali Express has gotten to Nipost 7days ago and I haven't been contacted at all. I only got contacted once and the woman just called to verify my name and that was all, when I tried calling back she always says it will get to me, it's been 7 DAYSS NOW!
I don't know if there's a way I can collect my package or something I'm tired

They won't deliver it to you. You will need to go pick it up.
You can call her back to know which Nipost office she called from.
Re: MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service by omavicky(f): 5:51pm On Jul 12, 2021
Please I need guidance, am based in PH, I want to send foodstuffs weighing 25kg to UK, please someone should guide me, the post office closest to me is at Choba uniport.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). / How Catholic Seminarians Write Examination (picture) / See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.