Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain (27343 Views)

National Protest: Who Paid 2face To Destroy Himself / Tinubu Will Have The Last Laugh- By Gr8amechi / Obasanjo Will Not Be Missed In PDP, Says Anenih (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by chiscodedon(m): 10:15am On Apr 27, 2015
baba...thanks for your observations...buh is high time you mind ur own business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by Ephemmm: 10:16am On Apr 27, 2015
luvmijeje:
Naysayers....... I hope this is not how PDP will play opposition for the next four years

I dey wonder too ooo: it is high time they take clues from Lai mohammed, honestly.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by anigold(m): 10:18am On Apr 27, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://www.punchng.com/politics/tinubull-destroy-himself-babatope/

We knew about this movie we are all waiting in the cinema for it to start.. I mean "TINUBU vs OBJ season one episode one"
grin grin

Both dem never chi chom ching...
Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by illiad1(m): 10:20am On Apr 27, 2015
Being an Igbo man/woman makes one a STAR by default in Nigeria. We are the centre of attraction. The HausaFulanis and their Yorubas slaves can't stop watching their backs even forty years after the war. God simply made us a higher specie. That's why we move like a Train with the speed of light. They can't simply fathom how we do what we do. Its the Lords doing and its marvelous in their eyes.

Doesn't it beat your imagination that forty years after the war and forty years of HausaFulanis ruling and ruining the contraption called nigeria the north remains the poorest region, with half of their population engaged in their best known profession, begging arms with leprosy hands.

Doesn't it beat your imagination that forty years after the war irrespective of all awolowo did to suppress the progress of Ndigbo after the war, Ndigbo lives in better part of lagos and eats well cooked three square meals daily while yorubas live in boys quarters and drink garri all day.

My advice to yorubas is this. If you so hate the Igbo man for being blessed, do what your father awolowo did; HANG YOURSELVES.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by ElFenomeno1: 10:27am On Apr 27, 2015
Ebenezer Babatope.... is that one still relevant?! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by Champele(m): 10:27am On Apr 27, 2015
If Yoruba people take Tinubu as their leader I will be disappointed. Government is everybody property, just like the name 'Tinubu' is everywhere in the newspapers now,tomorrow it can be your name or even mine. Giving this people too many praises make one lost himself,make one start thinking that Government is his inheritance. I respect yoruba people,but in time of choosing Tinubu as their leader or Role model,I will disrespect them. My opinion.in his words which i admire 'GEJ MY HERO, FAYOSE MY ROLE MODEL.
Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 27, 2015
In this interview with TUNDE ODESOLA, a member, Peoples Democratic Party Board of Trustees, Chief Ebenezer Babatope, comments on the recently concluded general elections

What’s your view of the 2015 general elections?

All I can say is to wish Nigerians well. But I am not an enthusiast of the elections because I believe that they were mismanaged, especially the presidential election. It was computed by some diabolical forces to reenact a Hausa/Fulani oligarchy in Nigeria. I am not going to talk much about this now. I am going to talk about it in about one or two months’ time because I don’t want to be seen as disrupting what has been done so far in terms of ensuring peace and smooth transfer of power from the Peoples Democratic Party to the All Progressives Congress.

For example, what has the card readers got to do with our elections? Prof. Attahiru Jega said it was in line with recent technology. Which technology? The card readers were apparently used to manipulate the elections. There was also underage voting in the North and nothing was done by Jega.

You are an apostle of the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, who in his lifetime tried to get the Yoruba into the mainstream of national politics. What do you think would be Awo’s point of view about where the Yoruba are in national politics today?

Papa was playing politics the way any decent person and nationalist will play politics. His Yoruba people knew him when he was Premier of Western Nigeria. They knew he performed well. Papa has never advanced the argument that the Yoruba must be left out of government. I have always quarreled with my colleagues in the PDP who are saying that, even when Chief Olusegun Obasanjo was president. I don’t believe in the mainstream nonsense. So, nobody ascribed any tribal feelings to Awolowo when he was propagating his ambitions. He had supporters all over the country. So, the Yoruba who are in the APC will now be part of government. I wish them the best of luck because at the end of the day, the Yoruba will be free to judge them if they have performed or not. It is not a question of mainstream or no mainstream, it is a question of popular participation in a government that belongs to Nigerians.

I asked that question against the backdrop of the fact that the leader of the APC, Bola Tinubu, is touted as the new leader of the Yoruba, having helped in getting the Yoruba nation in mainstream national politics.

Was it Tinubu that did it? I know Bola very well. I always tell people, when I got married in 1972, Bola Tinubu contributed 10 pounds to my bachelor eve. I know him very well in terms of his politics of rigidity and stubbornness but he will destroy himself if he says he is Yoruba leader. Who made him leader? His party went into the contest. One, he played a key role in it, good for him. But to say he is Yoruba leader, honestly, I will not wish him evil but success but he should never in his lifetime make the mistake of saying that he is Yoruba leader. In 1951 when Papa Awolowo became the leader of the Action Group, he didn’t force himself on the party, it was people like Papa Maja, Doherty that said you young man, you have done very well as the general secretary of the party, go ahead and provide leadership and Papa provided leadership. But if Bola Tinubu will glorify on this election and call himself Yoruba leader, I wish him well. He is younger than me, so he should not fool himself nor join that charade to say he is Yoruba leader. Yoruba people respect maturity, age and experience and they know who their leaders are.

What do you foresee of Buhari and Obasanjo relationship?

Many of them who are jumping up and down now will know better when Buhari must have finished dealing with them. Buhari is a Fulani man from Daura. The northern agenda to get rid of southern leadership started in the 2011 elections. Obasanjo had his reasons. He supported Jonathan to succeed Yar’Adua and he was the same person that said Jonathan should go. As an individual, he has his rights. I am told he has been given three ministerial slots. It could be more than that, so let him go ahead but it does not stop Obasanjo tomorrow to take his biro to wipe Buhari clean and clear but the difference is that when he is fighting Buhari, he will be fighting a different kind of opponent. Buhari is a Fulani; I keep on saying that and they are very rugged and tactical in their approach to power. It is going to be an interesting fight but it is going to come. We in the PDP are waiting because we are returning to power in 2019 and luckily for us, we are going to bring out a candidate from the North to face Buhari. Some in the APC have been deceiving themselves that Buhari is not going to run for a second term. They say he’s going to do a term and I laugh at them. If God gives Buhari strength and power and I wish him that, he is going to run for a second term and we will pitch a Hausa/Fulani against him.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ebenezer Babatope is confused grin grin grin grin grin

After the allegation that there is a conspiracy to impose Hausa/Fulani oliachy he concluded by shooting himself that his PDP will equally present an Hausa/Fulani man in 2019.

In Orubebe's voice "Ebenezer babtope you are a tribalist" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

For him mind now na him be Yoruba leader grin grin grin grin grin grin

I nor go suprise when him go dey beg Tinubu say him wan join APC grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by Spray(m): 10:28am On Apr 27, 2015
temitemi1:
Known fact. GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
u will soon be something of the past

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 27, 2015
dasensible1:
All I see are predictions of a pained man. Tinubu has not called himself a leader of the yorubas (yet), he's a leader in APC.
Leadership is not just by age, so being older than Tinubu does not mean he cannot become a leader over you.
Obasanjo and Buhari will fight, that is just your prediction sir, whether they fight or not let's just have good governance. We may then enjoy watching the two old men fight.
PDP will field a northerner in 2019, and you are whining about nothern conspiracy...that is what I called hypocrisy. [/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt]
PDP please put your house in order and stop all these predictions and whining cos its becoming annoying, we need a viable national opposition party.

this couldnt have been better put!!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by Champele(m): 10:31am On Apr 27, 2015
illiad1:
Being an Igbo man/woman makes one a STAR by default in Nigeria. We are the centre of attraction. The HausaFulanis and their Yorubas slaves can't stop watching their backs even forty years after the war. God simply made us a higher specie. That's why we move like a Train with the speed of light. They can't simply fathom how we do what we do. Its the Lords doing and its marvelous in their eyes.

Doesn't it beat your imagination that forty years after the war and forty years of HausaFulanis ruling and ruining the contraption called nigeria the north remains the poorest region, with half of their population engaged in their best known profession, begging arms with leprosy hands.

Doesn't it beat your imagination that forty years after the war irrespective of all awolowo did to suppress the progress of Ndigbo after the war, Ndigbo lives in better part of lagos and eats well cooked three square meals daily while yorubas live in boys quarters and drink garri all day.

My advice to yorubas is this. If you so hate the Igbo man for being blessed, do what your father awolowo did; HANG YOURSELVES.
Learning new things everyday. Like seriously, did awolowo hang himself?. #ProudIgboBoy.
Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by yoribo: 10:34am On Apr 27, 2015
We all know that PDP has died a natural death. So people of PDP should not make noise,

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by tobidipity(m): 10:59am On Apr 27, 2015
Shoo! Na so unna hate Tinubu and co? Better drink cold water make PDP defeat digest for ur belle

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by babamajor: 11:05am On Apr 27, 2015
Babatope if at 70plus u don't know dat leadership is not by age, but by luck nd Destiny den u Wil remain a fool for life. Everyone of u ganged up against this tinubu but d guy continue to grow frm strength to strength nd u still refute to acknowledge dat God has made him a leader of d Yoruba race atleast for now.
Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by bakila: 11:44am On Apr 27, 2015
buygala:
Ungentlemanly loser crying a lagoonundecided

This man should just come to terms with the fact that PDP blew their opportunity, and they have no hopes of regaining power till that time in the not too distant future when chicken will finally grow teeth angry

PDP had better stop all the whining and man up to their new role as the opposition Party before APGA takes that away from them too sad
Starting with Abia.
Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by illiad1(m): 11:46am On Apr 27, 2015
Champele:
Learning new things everyday. Like seriously, did awolowo hang himself?. #ProudIgboBoy.

Yes awolowo committed suicide. The yorubas did all they could to cover up that fact but it got out as every abominable acts always do. He was neither old nor sick, but after all the evils he did continued to haunt him, he could no bear the torment and resulted to kill himself.
Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:46am On Apr 27, 2015
Lanretoye:
This man would be better selling oroki.
Oroki Herbal Mixture!!! Oroki ti deeeee; egbogi iwosan; Oroki ti deeeee; egbogi iwosan. Hehehehheehehehe.
Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by ExInferis(m): 11:48am On Apr 27, 2015
temitemi1:

If you keep it up, fayose may finally notice you and invite you to tear apart some roasted chicken at Chicken Republic.

Evidently that is your goal.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:51am On Apr 27, 2015
juman:
Nonsense pdp that failed this country in 16 years.
Thank you! With all these "we will be back in 2019" flying around, I know for sure PDP never meant well for Nigerians. All they are after is looting the treasury. No qualitative leadership from them at all. I would rather have KOWA, APGA or labour at the helm of affairs than pdp.
Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by spako4(m): 11:54am On Apr 27, 2015
Tinubu never called himself leader of Yoruba but he has done well to deserve it.
When some of Old Awoists like you followed Abacha and became millionaires overnight he never sold out.
When S.W was marginalized by GEJ what did you do?
Posterity will judge some of these Afenifere leaders that betrayed South westerners because of money .
Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
Taylor86:

my guy i dey feel u steady, am also a PDP die hard fan bro, but ur role model(fayose) never pay us NYSC state allawee since we passed out on feb19....abeg pass dis info to ur role model
lool I dey feel u... ajimobi don pay him own reach January though lmaoo
Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by durosegun(m): 1:00pm On Apr 27, 2015
This man is pained!! He should stop whining and hope that his party brace up and become a formidable opposition to the APC. Tinubu has already shown that he is a national leader because among all the present political gladiators, none come close to him.
Just few people can stand shoulder to shoulder with Tinubu today in the southwest. The likes of Pa Fasoranti, Pa Femi Okunronmu, Pa Adebayo and many others though still command respect in the region, none weigh half of the influence of BAT.
Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by Rick9(m): 1:03pm On Apr 27, 2015
APC till 2099
Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by ajepako(f): 4:29pm On Apr 27, 2015
It's obvious..

No be bad belle

Power play and tussle loading
Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by WisdomFlakes: 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2015
Champele:
If Yoruba people take Tinubu as their leader I will be disappointed. Government is everybody property, just like the name 'Tinubu' is everywhere in the newspapers now,tomorrow it can be your name or even mine. Giving this people too many praises make one lost himself,make one start thinking that Government is his inheritance. I respect yoruba people,but in time of choosing Tinubu as their leader or Role model,I will disrespect them. My opinion.in his words which i admire 'GEJ MY HERO, FAYOSE MY ROLE MODEL.

Lol. NEWSFLASH: Your respect ain't worth didly-squat to the Yourubas coz you're a non-entity.
Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by timilehin007(m): 5:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
temitemi1:

Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by Lanretoye(m): 6:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
Oroki Herbal Mixture!!! Oroki ti deeeee; egbogi iwosan; Oroki ti deeeee; egbogi iwosan. Hehehehheehehehe.
you garrit.
Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by olayinkaj2(m): 7:12pm On Apr 27, 2015
This man should just keep quiet, they had there chances and blew it up. Take a back seat and watch.
Re: Tinubu Will Destroy Himself, Obasanjo Will Fight With Buhari – PDP Chieftain by olaniyanc: 8:09pm On Apr 27, 2015
dasensible1:
All I see are predictions of a pained man. Tinubu has not called himself a leader of the yorubas (yet), he's a leader in APC.
Leadership is not just by age, so being older than Tinubu does not mean he cannot become a leader over you.
Obasanjo and Buhari will fight, that is just your prediction sir, whether they fight or not let's just have good governance. We may then enjoy watching the two old men fight.
PDP will field a northerner in 2019, and you are whining about nothern conspiracy...that is what I called hypocrisy.
PDP please put your house in order and stop all these predictions and whining cos its becoming annoying, we need a viable national opposition party.

Ebono Topsy: A military apologist. Papa Awolowo and Yoruba will never forgive you for betraying the UPN. because of filthy lucre! You are a traitor!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$9m Cash Discovered In Paul Boroh's House, EFCC Arrests Him / Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat / Lagosians Struggle To Get GEJ's Bags Of Rice And Tubers Of Yam [Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.