Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Installing Sata Hdd From Dead Vista Pc To Another Vista Pc - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Installing Sata Hdd From Dead Vista Pc To Another Vista Pc (605 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Solid State Drive Vs Sata Hard Drives. Which One Is Better? / Where Is Computer Gurus: How To Format "sata" Hard Disk In Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Installing Sata Hdd From Dead Vista Pc To Another Vista Pc by ic3ss: 6:22am On Feb 03, 2009
I have an HP pavilion Vista laptop that works, but screen is dead and I want to part it out. I took the 80g SATA HDD out and tried to put it in my other HP pavilion Vista laptop. I want to format the new HDD and use it for mass storage. I put it in and run Computer Manager-Disk Manager, and it does not show up. The new HDD also is not seen by the BIOS. Both laptops are 32bit Vista laptops. The HDD still works and boots up in the old broken laptop, using a desktop monitor, so there is nothing wrong with the HDD.

Can someone explain to me what I'm missing?

Thanks,

Wayne

(1) (Reply)

Please Can Som2 Teach Me He To Retriev My Mails / Save My Flash / Guys Do We Have Any latest IT Certification text books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.