Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers (48407 Views)

Why Real Estate Investing Is Better Than A Fixed Deposit Investment / Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar / Estate Developers: Mass Housing In Abuja, Nigeria: Smart, Affordable Land Cost! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Mileencoast(m): 11:37am On Sep 14, 2015
leo1234:
lawyer thank you for this wonderful information.
Please there is a land I want to buy from real estate manager. They said they bought the land from a family. They have surveyed the land.My friend that bought the land showed me the deed of assignment between the firm and the family.The land had been divided into plots with beacons. I have been to their office and the site as well.I have seen the site map.They gave me the land number with which I went to ministry of land and survey and it was confirmed that the land is registered with the firm's name.
Please is there any other thing I need to know before making payment?
I was told by the agent that I must survey my own plot and register it in my name before I can do anything on it. He also insisted that the surveying must be done by their firm.
Also how do I get the c of o? And the cost. Is it advisable to developed the land without c of o?
Thanks. Hope to hear from you soon.

First and foremost land acquisition like every other investment is a team sport-you need to build your team

Your team must comprise of a SURVEYOR, PROPERTY LAWYER and others you deam fit to be in the team.
On know account should you embark on buying any land without the proffesional advice of the mentioned two above.. The surveyor will advice you on all the document you need to get,and how to go about getting them.the property lawyer will help draft document youust have to protect your investment and legally against fraud..

Then as for what the agent said-its good you do your own survey document(Red copy)in your name and lodge it in alausa....and proceed further to apply for your c of o or governors consent...

If I were you I will get in touch with a surveyor and ask him to educate me...

And lastly you need to get education on the act of land acquisition like my surveyor will say land acquisition is a school on its own....

Hope these help.....
Am sure omonile lawyer will be in a better position to help you with land search and other legal work. But the need for a surveyors advice cannot be over emphasized

2 Likes

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Mileencoast(m): 11:43am On Sep 14, 2015
I want to talk a little about installmental payment-

I think its better you pay once for any land your acquiring so you can move in fast and take posession-obtain necessary documents and put up your fence..

But since cash is hard to come buy one sometimes can't do without installmental payment-but my advice is before you make payment consult your property lawyer hence the need for your investment team
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by LondonCool(m): 11:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
I have the same problem after purchasing a plot at RoseBERRY ESTATE, Alapoti Agbara. They promised that for speculative investors that did not wish to build in the estate that they would assist them to sell their plots for them. After completing the payment they started to change their narrative and asked me to contact potential buyers instead.

https://www.nairaland.com/874220/buy-land-roseberry-estate
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Mileencoast(m): 11:21am On Sep 16, 2015
LondonCool:
I have the same problem after purchasing a plot at RoseBERRY ESTATE, Alapoti Agbara. They promised that for speculative investors that did not wish to build in the estate that they would assist them to sell their plots for them. After completing the payment they started to change their narrative and asked me to contact potential buyers instead.

https://www.nairaland.com/874220/buy-land-roseberry-estate

That's some of the challenge we face in Nigeria.....people most time make promises they cannot full fill just to make a sales and at the end after they have made the sale they can't or will not keep some or all of the promises........anyways sorry about that you bought the land and you just have to sell it.....

My believe is in any advasaries there is an opportunity..
Look at it these way
You have a land that belongs to you,and asset that you can always sell,and asset that does not depreciate but is a good hedger against inflation that would have eroded the value of that money you used in buying it..if you had kept it somewhere.........am sure if you hadn't bought the land you would have spent that money o e way or the other.....

Now come to think of it-you can sell that land all you have to do is contact or engage the services of an agent,a property lawyer,and engage yourself..yes you by telling everybody you know withing your network that you have these land for sale........believe if you do that you will sell that Land...

Above you can add value to the Land by perfecting the documents...hint getting C of O or governor consent and also go further as fencing it

Once again every adversaries has with it an opportunity.
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Sammiejo: 8:58am On Sep 21, 2015

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by AleAirHub(m): 10:45am On Sep 27, 2015
A Shop Space , Self contain or Office Space Is Urgently Needed In Ajao Estate Area.
Rentage & Agency Fee Is 1yr.
Mail me @ instantpay25 @ gmail.com
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by cecegorz(m): 2:42pm On Sep 28, 2015
glogirl:
Gran imperio continues their fraud.
From august 2014 to december 2014, april 2015, july 2015, august 2015....promised delivery dates that have all failed. Now they cant even bother with a delivery date. this is the current mail received
"Dear Esteemed Subscribers,

We thank you for investing in EssentialHomes and for your commitment so far towards the development of the Estate.

We would like use this medium to apologize for the delay in the delivery of your unit.

We have noted your displeasure with the pace of work at site, recurrent change in the delivery dates and lack of communication but we appeal to you to accept our apologies as steps have been put in place to improve the pace of work at site henceforth.

We wish you and your family a happy Ramadan celebration."

Meanwhile, they are selling three more estates.. invest at your peril.

I think Gran Imperio is operating with Lekki Gardens format. Keep selling new estates while you can't even deliver for the earlier subscribers.
The best bet for anybody doing business with any of these developers is to get a good property lawyer from the beginning, and have all the terms and conditions stipulated, including penalties on default.

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by nigeriancuban: 2:58pm On Oct 04, 2015
true talk,just read the topic though, I will read the full clip later!
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by ryanfletcher: 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2015
this is a real educative thread but I just feel like striking bold,the part where it says you should get a real trained lawyer I solicit for you and that's the main fact...the ones who gets bitten at those that thewanna indulge things their way without seeking the right advice from the right persons incharge

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by nazilee: 11:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
xammy:
I agree with u @gbafched if na tonto mess na front page you go first see am before him go show for the normal section shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by patnas2007: 1:09pm On Nov 02, 2015
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by franjid: 2:35pm On Nov 06, 2015
Do anyone know anything about this pwan homes developer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? / Lady Laments As Flood Takes Over Her Street Where She Pays N4 Million A Year As / 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.