Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan (47334 Views)

PDP Governors Planned To Impose Agbaje As Chairman – Dokpesi / Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI / "President Jonathan Is Chairman Of Boko Haram" - Maiduguri Truck Drivers To BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by Omooba77: 6:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has appointed the former Governor of Anambra State, Mr Peter Obi, as the new Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Mr Obi’s appointment was announced on Monday. According to the presidency, his appointment is to take an immediate effect. President Jonathan also confirmed the appointment of the Acting Director General, Mounir Gwazo, as the Director General of the Commission.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/jonathan-appoints-peter-obi-as-chairman-of-sec/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
.First to comment the third time today. This plot of land is cheap to get than what people thinks it is.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
Last minute looting and assignment to finish the treasury. Like Obanikoro like Obi ....shortest time in leadership of this organisation, I bet Obi.

Our new government would shock all these appointees.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:49pm On Apr 27, 2015
Good

Buhari will like to work with Peter Obi

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by socialmediaman: 6:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
Still in the habit of appointing party people in sensitive positions. GEJ never changes! Well, I learnt Peter Obi did some commendable job in Anambra though, what I don't know is whether he is technocrat enough to be in the business of Stock Market Regulation.

Modified:
I guess I am convinced now, his appointment makes sense. I forgot his business profile so soon, politics overshadowed it..

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by doctokwus: 6:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
I smear a rat.Hope obi has not been appointed to cover up some sleaze there.
All these last minute appointments have hidden motives;why not let d incoming govt make any new appointments? This is d same mischief that he manifested throughout his reign.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
Congratulations to the appointees

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by MzJackBaueress(f): 6:54pm On Apr 27, 2015
He just has one month and few weeks to enjoy the office after which he will return to Anambra state. His services will not be needed in GMB's administration since his appointment is not based on merit.

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by Sweetguy25: 6:54pm On Apr 27, 2015
Nice one! There's nothing Buhari can do about this.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 27, 2015
Why the rush? This government is mischievous.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by Omooba77: 7:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
Obiagelli:
Why the rush? This government is mischievous.
Madam government is continuum.

18 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by kingslly(m): 7:07pm On Apr 27, 2015
Why do we interprete any move made by GEJ negatively? Lets not get so emotional about the affairs of dis country that we actually end up kicking the Good guys' asses and letting the badguys go free. Dat GEJ lost the election doesnt mean he's naw the devil. It wont make sense for him to start making any blunders naw because he will be probed by the next government if he does so. We need to think objectively and not as party fanatics.

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by Cuche: 7:08pm On Apr 27, 2015
Do these people think that an appointment like this is protective?
Senate would have protected Mr Obi from probe, that is where clever looters
go
A CBN Governor can be sacked by a President if found to be operating in some crooked ways let alone a SEC DG. I am sure Buhari will have none of this

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by raumdeuter: 7:09pm On Apr 27, 2015
1 month appointment.

In 30days time, His tenure would be over so he can go back to Anambra and continue squealing like a rabbit

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by unitysheart(m): 7:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by cabjoy(m): 7:18pm On Apr 27, 2015
happy for you

mr obi

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by omonnakoda: 7:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Unnecessary.
Its their caucus tinz

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by Sunnymatey(m): 7:34pm On Apr 27, 2015
If the tenure of the former DG had expired, then the appointment is justified as no vacum wll be created in any govt parastatal.

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by ahaz: 7:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
kingslly:
Why do we interprete any move made by GEJ negatively? Lets not get so emotional about the affairs of dis country that we actually end up kicking the Good guys' asses and letting the badguys go free. Dat GEJ lost the election doesnt mean he's naw the devil. It wont make sense for him to start making any blunders naw because he will be probed by the next government if he does so. We need to think objectively and not as party fanatics.
I always laugh wen u guys talk of probing gej. Nija never reach that level if buhari thinks the south will sit and watch u people ridicule their son then ure in a big shok. If buhari wants to probe let him start frm 1979 then u can probe gej.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by humberjade: 7:40pm On Apr 27, 2015
Mr President must be high on the same thing that led to his dismal performance in office.

One can't help but laugh at all these injury time firing and appointing of pple by GEJ...

What exactly is Mr President trying to prove at d twilight of his admin, when he knws fully well that these appointments will not last two months...SMY

He just sacked the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), Dr. Femi Thomas boss too.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by Bayswater: 7:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
socialmediaman:
Still in the habit of appointing party people in sensitive positions. GEJ never changes! Well, I learnt Peter Obi did some commendable job in Anambra though, what I don't know is whether he is technocrat enough to be in the business of Stock Market Regulation.

Ever heard of Fidelity Bank, Future View Securities, The defunct Guardian Express Bank? Those are corporate entities that can be linked directly to Peter Obi. I will leave you to draw an inference from that.

28 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by CR77(f): 7:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
well done president Jonathan

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by spongeisback: 7:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
One month appointment!grin

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by passionate88: 7:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
Nice
Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by babasanti: 7:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
People failed to read pastor Matthew Ashimolowo prophecy. Apc e rats take note all this appointment and moves by GEJ are part of the transition of the new govt. Haven't u read about what transpired in the 5 hours meeting behind closed door between GEJ and GMB. All my northern brothers your in for a shock, GMB will do a yaradua and favour the south south and south east cus that's the will of GOD. When he starts doing this favours hope you all come here and still shout sai baba .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by kinibigdeal(m): 7:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
This will be a bad news to Gov obiano

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by tinuolababy(f): 7:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
All ds last minute appointments is an indication that GEJ is really clueless

He is high on cocoa leaves

14 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
gej till i die

I wish Buhari failure in his reign

if it didn't happen know I'm not called

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship Election: Soludo Wins 16 Of 18 LGAs Announced By INEC / What I Saw In Akwa Ibom Made Me Built N2.5bn Ekiti Gov House-fayemi / Picture Of Okowa And Sowore Smiling At Peter OBI At The ICAN Annual Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.