Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,915 members, 7,799,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC (50194 Views)

Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities / Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP / HRH Sanusi Speaks Again On The Missing $20b And The PWC Report. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
Nigerian Petroleum Developent company(NPDC) and CBN refused to open their financial statement to PWC.SO the report is dead on arrival,another audit has to take place. It has no credibilty go to premium times and read the audit. NNPC is the definition of corruption here are some excerpts from the report:
" We requested for meetings and information from the Central Bank of Nigeria (“CBN”) but were not granted access to nor given the
requested information by the CBN
"page 196
" We requested for meetings and information from the Nigeria Petroleum Development Company (“NPDC”) but were not granted access to nor given the requested information by the NPDC"page 196
"The procedures we performed did not constitute an examination or a review in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards or attestation standards. Accordingly, we provide no opinion, attestation or other form of assurance with respect to our work or the information upon which our work was based"
The audit is therefore null and void and a new one has to be undertaken with full access to CBN accounts and NPDC
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/docs_download/Full%20report--20billion%20dollars%20missing%20oil%20money.pdf
[size=16pt]This report has further justified Buhari desire to Probe NNPC [/size]

97 Likes 15 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
Firstus dos commentus....

OP, wetin u talk say happen, abt?

The thing wey happen, e get repercussion?

Pls send answers to my email.

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 27, 2015
they are hiding something

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Taeewo(m): 9:11pm On Apr 27, 2015
GEJ his hero,Fayose his role model...

14 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by ozoigbondu: 9:12pm On Apr 27, 2015
Did you read the part where sanusi said he had no knowledge of how NNPC is ran

11 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by socialmediaman: 9:12pm On Apr 27, 2015
That's what they were hiding all the while, the audit was as good as meaningless, they didn't want people to know this before the elections

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by disloman(m): 9:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
N how did they arrived at d $1.48b missing if they didn't release their account book?Hmmmmmm.we r on a long thing.

41 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
Thugnificient:
they are hiding something
You have to go through the report even after PWC concluded the report NNPC kept coming to them with dubious figures to try to make up for the shortfall e.g come with costs for pipeline damage,subsidy deductions etc
Many people are going to jail,NNPC,DPR,PPPRA and NPDC might be empty by the time a comprehensive audit is done. This audit is null and void as long as access was'nt given to CBN or NPDC. How will I audit your company and you won't give me access to your company bank statements(CBN)

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by socialmediaman: 9:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
disloman:
N how did they arrived at d $1.48b missing if they didn't release their account book?Hmmmmmm.we r on a long thing.

Just as many people rightly suspected, they were granted access to few records and they based their audit on the information made available to them

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
disloman:
It was difficult for them because they did'nt get co-operation from CBN or NPDC. The requested minimum is $1.48 billion it is actually more than that all you see in the report is an attempt by NNPC to do a massive coverup:
"Between 12 January and 29 January 2015, NNPC provided transaction documents representing additional costs of $2.81 billion related to the review period, citing the NNPC Act LFN No 33 of 1977 that allows such deductions. Clarity is required on whether such deductions should be made by NNPC as a first line charge, before remitting the net proceeds of domestic crude to the federation accounts. If these are deemed not to be valid deductions,then the amount due from NNPC would be estimated at $2.07 billion (without considering expected known remittances from NPDC) or $4.29 billion (if expected known remittances from NPDC are considered)"page 14

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
socialmediaman:

Just as many people rightly suspected, they were granted access to few records and they based their audit on the information made available to them
That is exactly what happened for example in the report when NPDC refused to open their accounts they had to rely on testimony of NPDC Managing Director at the Senate hearing to jump to conclusions.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Did you read the part where sanusi said he had no knowledge of how NNPC is ran
I read it, NNPC is a secret criminal agency that needs to be broken down.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by tbaba1234: 9:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
I am reading the report. There are many more shortcomings than the $1.48bn. Lots of variances and lack of cooperation by relevant agencies.

7 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by jantofubu(m): 9:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
wind of change blowin corrupt ministries asses up with fury

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
tbaba1234:
I am reading the report. There are many more shortcomings than the $1.48bn. Lots of variances and lack of cooperation by relevant agencies.
That is why they never wanted to release the report,you can now see why Buhari has to do a full comprehensive audit,I still believe the $20billion was stolen in fact they even found out the total amount of revenue Sanusi mentioned Nigeria earned was understated Nigeria received $69 billion instead of $67 billion so the amount Sanusi should have claimed was missing was $22 billion instead of $20 billion. This probe hopefully if carried my Buhari is going to shake and shock the nation

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Mynd44: 9:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
Here

2 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Mynd44: 9:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
More.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by disloman(m): 9:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
dutchjongen:

It was difficult for them because they did'nt get co-operation from CBN or NPDC. They requested minimum is $1.48 billion it is actually more than all you see in the report is an attempt by NNPC to do a massive coverup:
"Between 12 January and 29 January 2015, NNPC provided transaction documents representing additional costs of $2.81 billion related to the review period, citing the NNPC Act LFN No 33 of 1977 that allows such deductions. Clarity is required on whether such deductions should be made by NNPC as a first line charge, before remitting the net proceeds of domestic crude to the federation accounts. If these are deemed not to be valid deductions,then the amount due from NNPC would be estimated at $2.07 billion (without considering expected known remittances from NPDC) or $4.29 billion (if expected known remittances from NPDC are considered)"page 14
Thanks bro.

6 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Mynd44: 9:34pm On Apr 27, 2015
I am tired of reading.

I need some time out before I suffer an emotional breakdown

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by deandavid(m): 9:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by tbaba1234: 9:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
The 1.48bn is just the minimum.

3 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Kx: 9:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
In the light of lack of access to required documentation to do a thorough review, what stopped PWC from issuing a qualified report?
No it would play with semantics of "minimum of" so that the pay masters would make news DAT sanusi was wrong after all.
By failing to qualify its report in view of the obvious difficulty if true and allowing its report to be used to sway public opinion,
It is my opinion that professionalism was "lowered" to suit the powers that be.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Wallie(m): 9:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
I don die!!! Is this the report that the government is basing their decision that only $1.48 billion is missing on?

Did GEJ miss the paragraph on the first page that said "The procedures we performed did not constitute an examination or a review in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards or attestation standards. Accordingly, we provide no opinion, attestation or other form of assurance with respect to our work or the information upon which our work was based"?

A lot of people will surely be going to kirikiri!

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Mynd44: 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2015
$3.38 Billion spent on Kerosene subsidy in period under review!!!!

Ha!

This country eh

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by tbaba1234: 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2015
Please Lalasticlala, This should make front page....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by baybeeboi: 9:40pm On Apr 27, 2015
hmmm! This is serious.
Well,waiting patiently for the full report.
The figures i see there's got me thinking about the poor people who go out there to vote during electoral process.

7 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by tbaba1234: 9:42pm On Apr 27, 2015
They will not kill people in this Nigeria.... This report is damaging...

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 27, 2015
Wallie:
I don die!!! Is this the report that the government is basing their decision that only $1.48 billion is missing on?

Did GEJ miss the paragraph on the first page that said "The procedures we performed did not constitute an examination or a review in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards or attestation standards. Accordingly, we provide no opinion, attestation or other form of assurance with respect to our work or the information upon which our work was based"?

A lot of people will surely be going to kirikiri!
PWC should have refused to be part of this charade,I know they wanted to chop audit fees.This report holds no water and does'nt follow global standards I expect a query of the Nigerian office from the headquarters

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Wallie(m): 9:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
I am wholly disappointed in GEJ and his administration! The least GEJ could have done was to ensure that the result was accurate! They just wasted whatever was paid to PWC and our time spent reading the worthless report! The report is not even worth the paper it was printed on!

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by okotv(m): 9:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
Kiri kiri straight

5 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by mrmetoo1: 9:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
Diezani made this sound like it was a conclusive report. This is far from conclusive, they raised a lot of questions. A lot of info still being withheld. The wastage/losses though is mind boggling. Then the shell divestment deal between NNPC & NPDC too was quite revealing. Selling an asset worth $3.4bn for $1.85bn, who does that? Anyway still reading, is quite revealing and oddly entertaining.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Wallie(m): 9:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
dutchjongen:

PWC should have refused to be part of this charade,I know they wanted to chop audit fees.This report holds no water and does'nt follow global standards I expect a query of the Nigerian office from the headquarters

If I were Buhari, I will make PWC refund the fees and punish them for being part of the charade! This is the type of stuff that they wouldn't dare do in western countries!

49 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Woman Turns Her Fridge Into A Wardrobe In This Era Of Change (pix) / Moment Buhari Kept Smiling At Okorocha At APC Primaries (Pix, Video) / Ranking System Of Police And Armed Forces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.