Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,159 members, 7,780,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:56 AM

He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body (37915 Views)

Total Blackout At A Ward In LUTH As Nurse Uses Torchlight On Her Head 2 Work(pix / Musician Plays His Saxophone While Surgeons Remove His Brain Tumour / See How Surgeons Transform Penis Into A Vagina For Transexxuals (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by naturefellow(m): 12:12pm On Apr 28, 2015
babeface3:

"He told me not to mention the type of operation for some reasons"
"Which way Naija, can we come out of this power problem?"

Some reasons like it was a fictional operation where anesthetic is not required, ehn?
Which way Naija, can we ever tell whole truth?
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by tohero(m): 12:14pm On Apr 28, 2015
babeface3:

The light was then handed to him (patient) to hold on his chest while he lay still.

I'm like IFA YEAR.

But, in 9ja, anytin can apen
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
shawnfamous:
[sup][/sup] anaesthesia ko appendicitis ni
Just admit it (shamefully) that you're ignorant. cry

4 Likes

Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 28, 2015
Lifebender:

seriously i was abt to say same.Operatin on a concious personOp are fvcking kidding mii undecided.Who da H3ll is the mod that broth this to FPangry
jeez the level of ignorance on this forum is disturbing. You've never heard of anaesthesia or what? shocked

3 Likes

Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Caseless: 12:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
shawnfamous:
Pple these days can lie jst 2 mk front page! Sm1 hu d operation is been carried on is awake and d surgeon askd him to hold torch while d operation goes on? In T.B joshua's voice! ''And The both of u re liers,u Guys deserve medals: Gold for d victim and a silver for d OP''
so, in every operation, the patient is made unconcious.
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Adaezeagu(f): 12:34pm On Apr 28, 2015
efilefun:
naija nothing we no go see, May God deliver nigeria, thats why our politicians who damaged it all runs outside nigeria for medical attention Well they've stopped giving patients undergoing surgery sleeping injections all they do now is kill the cells so he wont feel any pains but stay wide awake

It does not work for everybody. When I had my appendice operation d Doc give me injection to kill d cells but I still felt pain,when I was cut open. The doc has to give me sleeping injection.
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Lifebender(m): 12:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
booqee:
jeez the level of ignorance on this forum is disturbing. You've never heard of anaesthesia or what? shocked

Could u pls go back and read my first post and stop calling names like a b1tchangry.I mentioned that before ur ranting..
Tell mii what are the effects of anesthesia mixed with Carbon monoxide.
If u av no answer pls get lost
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Adyrin(m): 12:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ask Fashola and Tinubu!
If they have made that possible in their state the hospital woulve had power!
babeface3:
Just this evening, my landlord's son was wheeled out of the theatre and he narrated his experience:

While the operation was halfway in one of the famous private hospitals in Lagos, the generator developed fault at almost 8.30pm. A light that was part of the stretcher (or the theatre bed) probably rechargeable, switched on automatically. As the operation progressed, almost at the concluding point, the light also went dead. Then a big torch light was handed to one of the aids who struggled to get a vantage point without much success.

The light was then handed to him (patient) to hold on his chest while he lay still.

The sweat running from the chief surgeon's body was almost falling into the place being operated upon. He was wheeled out at exactly 9.30.

He told me not to mention the type of operation for some reasons.

Which way Naija, can we come out of this power problem?

Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by drnoel: 12:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
shawnfamous:
Pple these days can lie jst 2 mk front page! Sm1 hu d operation is been carried on is awake and d surgeon askd him to hold torch while d operation goes on? In T.B joshua's voice! ''And The both of u re liers,u Guys deserve medals: Gold for d victim and a silver for d OP''

Are u minding them. The scenerio he gave can not even be seen in a bollywood or nollywood movie. Even tales by moonlight will refuse such a script.
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by saintbeckie(f): 12:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
yea,i believe this story cos I've once found myself in a similar situation. Late last year,December to be precise,my dad was admitted to a renowned private hospital in Abeokuta,where their bills can send someone back to the village grin buh upon all,due to the poor power supply in the area where the hospital is located,i will have to use hand fan in order to make him comfortable almost every night.Infact,there was a patient inside the same ward with my dad,his own condition was worse cos the guy was an hypertensive patient which led to partial stroke,so he needed constant rest so that his blood pressure can be normalized.This man nearly ran mad cos despite the fact dat d man would sleep unclad cos of heat,with his mattress soaked with water,still he wont be able to sleep.The situation got so worse and annoying to the extent that patients started contributing money to buy the fuel in order to power the generator in d night.We later transferred my dad to another hospital.Although,i dont really blame the hospital mgt cos they always run the generator during the day,so its not cost efficient.Its wasnt a pleasant experience @all .God help us in this country ooo

For original stone coated rooftile with 50years warranty @affordable prices,Call/Whatsapp-08034116430

Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by eagleeyez: 12:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
shawnfamous:
[sup][/sup] anaesthesia ko appendicitis ni

Please can u stop exposing your ignorance and stupidity. Y not just enlightenb your seldf by reading up on it or asking a doctor? Haba your are being corrected yet u insult. What rubbish

4 Likes

Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by sammoe(m): 12:54pm On Apr 28, 2015
babeface3:
lol, Ever heard of administering anesthesia on only the part of the body that needs surgery . Don't say this to someone that knows you
The ignorant twerp obviously hasn't heard of local anaesthesia.

2 Likes

Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by skedy1(m): 12:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
My anger is the time i wasted in reading this piece of great lie!! I tink your name should be LINUS
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by eminenta: 1:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
It depends on dey type sugery 4 e.g surgery done on dey brain requires dey alert wake consiousness of dey patient...,but if dis surgery was performed in nja...I mayb force to blv dis half cooked story
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by DonX001: 1:23pm On Apr 28, 2015
Chai!!!
The degree of ignorance on this forum is mindblowing!
And this is among our youth, the so-called leaders of tomorrow.
Is it because of the advent of 2go, BBM, whatsapp and co that they've become this dull?

If their heads are this empty, and cannot even do a simple google search to get simple information, i wonder where they will get the knowledge to run this country when they become leaders.

1 Like

Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by DonX001: 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2015
drnoel:

Are u minding them. The scenerio he gave can not even be seen in a bollywood or nollywood movie. Even tales by moonlight will refuse such a script.

Are you any form of doctor by any chance, or any form of medical or paramedical personnel, or a student in that field?
I'd like to know what you do, if you are.

3 Likes

Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
Lifebender:

Could u pls go back and read my first post and stop calling names like a b1tchangry.I mentioned that before ur ranting..
Tell mii what are the effects of anesthesia mixed with Carbon monoxide.
If u av no answer pls get lost
shut the hell up ignorant bastard... tongue just admit your lack of information instead of shamefully boasting about it. wink
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by tunex777: 1:33pm On Apr 28, 2015
LOWEST MTN DATA BUNDLE AT THE CHE APEST RATE
MTN 2GB - #1000 CALL/WATSAPP TUNDE ON 08162637076. THIS ADVERT IS FOR THOSE THAT STAYS IN IBADAN ALONE. CALL FOR DELIVERY AT YOUR DOOR STEP
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by AyamDazey(f): 1:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
babeface3:
Just this evening, my landlord's son was wheeled out of the theatre and he narrated his experience:

While the operation was halfway in one of the famous private hospitals in Lagos, the generator developed fault at almost 8.30pm. A light that was part of the stretcher (or the theatre bed) probably rechargeable, switched on automatically. As the operation progressed, almost at the concluding point, the light also went dead. Then a big torch light was handed to one of the aids who struggled to get a vantage point without much success.

The sweat running from the chief surgeon's body was almost falling into the place being operated upon. He was wheeled out at exactly 9.30.

He told me not to mention the type of operation for some reasons.

Which way Naija, can we come out of this power problem?

hmmmmm...The matter high
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by DonX001: 1:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
booqee:

booqee:
Just admit it (shamefully) that you're ignorant. cry

My dear, save your breath.
Its a waste of time and energy trying to teach re*tards who have absolutely no desire to upgrade from their 'ignoramus' state.
Its like teaching a goat to solve further maths....absolutely pointless.

2 Likes

Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Lifebender(m): 1:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
booqee:
shut the hell up ignorant bastard... tongue just admit your lack of information instead of shamefully boasting about it. wink

Hmmmmmm.Ok u got my attention.
Go back,read all my post on this thread,then tell mii the effect of anesthesia on patient,after that come here and post something sensible.I'd av called u names(bastard got mii,its a ref to ones moma).But i found ur mums lesson missing in your life,.And if u're too lazy to go thru the thread again,click on my profile,then my post and then,read the ones that has to do with this thread.After that go google the effects of anesthesia for surgery(including CO2).Thk u.

[size=18pt]And dont you EVER,EVER i say quote mii on #land again.Tis a warning[/size]
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by BecaciaBarbie(f): 1:45pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ipledge:
i love what you are doing in politics,am proud of you
Awwwwwwh....sweery embarassed thanks a lot baby kiss kiss kiss
Really glad you are kiss
This recent election actually triggered my love for politics cheesy
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by BecaciaBarbie(f): 1:49pm On Apr 28, 2015
eagleeyez:

Please can u stop exposing your ignorance and stupidity. Y not just enlightenb your seldf by reading up on it or asking a doctor? Haba your are being corrected yet u insult. What rubbish
Don't mind him, let him keep displaying his foolishness!
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by GRACEGLORY: 1:49pm On Apr 28, 2015
We have a request for: 15, 17.5, 20, & 30 Tonnages trucks (Box Body) to convey our light goods and it is a permanent business.

Products: BISCUITS, PRINGLES, DAIPERS.

For details:

Call: +234803 054 6462

E-mail: cyrusjesunifemi@gmail.com

-cyrus jesunifemi
Logistics Manager
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:

Awwwwwwh....sweery embarassed thanks a lot baby kiss kiss kiss
Really glad you are kiss
This recent election actually triggered my love for politics cheesy

i joined nairaland because of politics,but those peeps can make life unbearable to someone,you will be force to speak with emotiona,abuse And thats not my way...I gently carry myself go romance
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by DBestDoc(f): 1:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
chuna1985:

Lol, Tell me more jokes ooo.

Anesthetic can ruin a Mans head ooo

Can you please explain your statement?
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by DBestDoc(f): 1:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
drnoel:

Why do you think it's not real? From your username, i'm guessing you are a medical personnel. But your statement reeks of ignorance.

No offence intended.

1 Like

Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by Daresh(f): 2:01pm On Apr 28, 2015
shawnfamous:
lol wise boy! Courageous. SHe-goat! And u re a female! I ought u 2 b beta dan some male na! Re u part of d girls guys date 2? U beta take time 2 clean d menses of ur laps! C her face like a whEel chair ! Dirty fowl

I blame your mother. She should have let u flow out like menses instead of creating you to talk nonsense like this.

2 Likes

Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by DBestDoc(f): 2:13pm On Apr 28, 2015
Patented:
the hospital released him the same evening of the surgery? i find that hard to believe.he would have been monitored for at least a day, abi na stitch dem stitch wound? that wont qualify for surgery

Chai! Oga, try read small na. No be everything you suppose write, especially wetin you no know much about.

Some surgery na outpatient surgery. You only get to report to the hospital from time to time for monitoring.

Some anaesthesia no dey sedate d patient, dem go only need to numb the pain sensation for the area wey dey need operate on. The patient is fully conscious. And ofcourse you can leave right after the surgery is done and wound is dressed provided you will be careful enough to avoid injuries to the operated site.

Chai! D kind blind arguements i read here so eee, wahala dey more dan i bin think oo. The problem na person no know, yet em no know say em no know cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by BecaciaBarbie(f): 2:13pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ipledge:
i joined nairaland because of politics,but those peeps can make life unbearable to someone,you will be force to speak with emotiona,abuse And thats not my way...I gently carry myself go romance
Lol how ironic.
I joined Nl because I wanted to be part of the romance section, but I can't stand that place anymore....thanks to those kids and jambites Lol they talk nonsense and there is absolutely nothing to gain or learn in there except for the few annoying-hilarious threads Lol
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by kinglekan: 2:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:

Lol how ironic.
I joined Nl because I wanted to be part of the romance section, but I can't stand that place anymore....thanks to those kids and jambites Lol they talk nonsense and there is absolutely nothing to gain or learn in there except for the few annoying-hilarious threads Lol

U bera don't allow that silly boi called Ipledge play mind games with you.
Re: He Was Asked To Hold Torchlight While Surgeons Continue Operating His Body by DonX001: 2:23pm On Apr 28, 2015
DBestDoc:

Chai! Oga, try read small na. No be everything you suppose write, especially wetin you no know much about.

Some surgery na outpatient surgery. You only get to report to the hospital from time to time for monitoring.

Some anaesthesia no dey sedate d patient, dem go only need to numb the pain sensation for the area wey dey need operate on. The patient is fully conscious. And ofcourse you can leave right after the surgery is done and wound is dressed provided you will be careful enough to avoid injuries to the operated site.

Chai! D kind blind arguements i read here so eee, wahala dey more dan i bin think oo. The problem na person no know, yet em no know say em no know cheesy cheesy

Gbam!!!!!!! 1000likes!

You've said it all, exactly how it is.
I didnt have the patience to start educating people on this thread, esp people with no desire to correct their blatant ignorance.
Thanks for doing that, and in a simple manner too!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why You Should Pay Attention To Your Urine Colour / Can Someone Please Recommend An Effective Blood Tonic For Me (liquid)? / Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.