Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. (27229 Views)

The Shameless Act Of Ikwerre Fathers Towards Igbos / More Pictorial Confirmation Of APC Shameless Act That Land Inec Official into tr / Buhari Vs AIT: Press Freedom Not Guaranteed By Nigerian Constitution. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by BabaO2: 7:57am On Apr 28, 2015
richidinho:
@op.....Nice 1 there

We only have one Democrat...i.e GEJ

Buhari was a dictator
Buhari is a dictator
Buhari will die a dictator

Mark my word
Jonathan is a mockery of a nation's president. It is nauseating seeing that name again and again with undeserved embellishments coming only from SE
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Tradesrunner(m): 7:58am On Apr 28, 2015
adeyiga3:
were u alive wen buhari was ruling nigeria?
Buhari has changed, if it were before those AIT crew wont even dare go to his residence

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 28, 2015
M
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by NZEGWUAGU(m): 7:59am On Apr 28, 2015
iliyande:
Sorry, not tribalism, but Igbos are trying so hard to find a fault from buhari. Why? He will assume his duty in may why in hurry? For now he have every right to his privacy.
Are you a re tard? How did you confirm the writer is an Igbo or you just feel like to mention Igbo for the sake of it? Did you not read and understand what the guy posted? When you venture into public life you have signed up for public scrutiny till you die. Why would the press cover you during electioneering campaigns and during elections and when you win they would stop covering you till you are sworn in? Does it make sense to you. For the love of Mike he is President in waiting and deserves as much media coverage as even a sitting President. Don't forget we still believe buhari is a terrorist so it will be dangerous not to keep an eye on him all the time. AIT has even been trying it's best with balanced reportage. In America it is not the same. Some media houses will come out clear to be your permanent detractors from the begining till you leave office and there is nothing you can do just like the Fox news that the writer cited in the case of Obama. Tune to Fox news today and confirm what the writer has claimed. I had my doubts about Buhari and I am sure as hell I am right. He is not mentally qualified to be President. He has a childish temperament to be saddled with the position of Commander in Chief. He thinks he can intimidate AIT but he is mistaken. Nigerians will regret electing Buhari and Buhari will regret manipulating Nigerians into electing him President in a complex 21st century democratic Nigeria. We are all eyes!!!

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by teeboi15: 8:00am On Apr 28, 2015
What has dat got to do wit d economy?dis is just anoda way to discredit Buhari but it won't work.When AIT was being given food to sing and dance there was no complain,abeg haters shud allow our presido to settle down and av a good time...
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Bimffo(m): 8:00am On Apr 28, 2015
Op, Sorry to Say! You are a Certified Fool, and You don't know the meaning of Privacy..
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by papushki(m): 8:00am On Apr 28, 2015
He is not yet the president but president elect ..so he has a right to bar ait from coming close to him or his residence .
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by micolaj: 8:01am On Apr 28, 2015
dearpreye:

And then the Granpa missed an opportunity to show maturity and democratic tenets. What he did was equally unprofessional and indecorous!

Maturity? Opportunity? Did you have terrible Nightmare for you to have typed this?Buhari is a principled( take the bull by the horn) man, where were you when Buhari was reading riot acts to his family? That shows how he operates. Your gospel of democracy is flawed because this is all about Buhari's privacy, not political.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by WOCKHARDI(m): 8:01am On Apr 28, 2015
I'm now almost scared to criticize the incoming administration or comment on certain issues. Anyway, so long as it is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, I MUST SAY MY MIND. We're now in a democratic dispensation( government of the people, by the people and for the people ) and not a military junta. What's the reaction of the Nigerian Guild of Editors to this effrontery. Today, it's AIT. Tomorrow, it might be another Media House.

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by jibosqie(m): 8:02am On Apr 28, 2015
I don't see anything wrong with what Buhari did. He is the President-Elect and as a private citizen still has liberty to decide which media organisation participates in his activities.
Violation of Press Freedom starts when he fully assumes office and media practioners are barred from covering his activities when relevant media regulatory agencies are expected to take up such roles to sanction and properly administer conducts of media agencies.

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Ezemust: 8:02am On Apr 28, 2015
omenka:
Oga, where did Fox call Obama a monkey??
if they now take you on, demanding that you showed them the point at which they called him a monkey, what would you do? ; probably run to the internet and they are infringing on your freedom of expression I presume.

This is how you people go about spreading falsehood and blatant lies just to defend an atrocity.

What a shame.
dat was nt my question.can u point out the lies in the documentary ait aired about gmb?
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by TheOtherview: 8:03am On Apr 28, 2015
This ban does not sit well with me at all.

If ethics is the main issue, as we are informed, not even Garba Shehu (Buhari's spokesman) of the Transcorpgate picture saga is beyond reproach.

They have been asked to step down their coverage until we resolve the matter with them on ethics and standards,” he said. Shehu however denied that the Nigerian Television Authority, NTA, was also bared. Shehu said the NTA crew are free to attend the events of the President elect and to cover it accordingly

Come to think of it; even SR that I have supported non-stop on these boards, sails close to the wind on 'ethical standards of reporting'.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by HzRF(m): 8:04am On Apr 28, 2015
Kolade354:
Dont mind dose igbos.....they will never see anyting gud in Buhari.........Bunch of Bigot so silly lyk Apga.
Raymond is Igbo
Mcheeew
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Rapmoney(m): 8:04am On Apr 28, 2015
Tradesrunner:

Haters go and die
Ur foolishness has no boundary!!!
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Bimffo(m): 8:05am On Apr 28, 2015
GMB is still the President Elect.. He is not GEJ. GEJ is still our President..
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by coolhayor: 8:05am On Apr 28, 2015
Buhari's barring of AIT is absolutely uncalled for. He should remember that he is now in a democracy & not a military Junta. As much as I am his supporter, press freedom should never be infringed upon.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by ajepako(f): 8:06am On Apr 28, 2015
Did GEJ shut down the operation of Premium Newspaper, Leadership, Punch, The Nation and especially Sahara Reporter that made it their mandate to smear his person, party , administration and even family?

And it is obvious that these news media were speonsored by ApC, and yet GEJ took the insults, the criticism and even character defamation in good stride and didnt kick them out or threaten hell and brimstone..

Apparently, Baba does not have a solid shock absorber to take criticism as GEJ..
He should be ready, at least we do dish am insult and yawa on this forum

so, make the guy come ban Nairaland..

Yeyenatu

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by marhcus: 8:06am On Apr 28, 2015
your article is shameless and barbaric, if you don't understand the ethics of media then go to the school of journalism and learn. AIT is a private own station not a government own station like the NTA. code of conduct and ethics is applied on all media station, which AIT refuse to follow due to the Billions of naira giving to them to air out uncultured documentary of Buhari. APC and Buhari took the right step to bar them and not ban from most people view from his activities and thats is the right step to take. So please stop posting idiotic, mannerless and mischevious article regarding to the bar of AIT. AIT needs to learn and follow the footsteps of Channelstv. God bless Nigeria
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by ncChigo(m): 8:07am On Apr 28, 2015
shame on u @op,
a very myopic write-up
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by HzRF(m): 8:08am On Apr 28, 2015
cy4cent:
In as much as I hate the freedom n reportage of the press being whittled down , no one came up

shouting ''journalism of hate n bias '' or ''shameless act of AIT journalists ''when they went on rampage airing all sort of defamatory n

derogatory things about GMB.

whatever happened to professional journalism??

He who gathers ant infested firewood should not complain when ...............

they should go have training on professional journalism n unbiased journalism please..!
Rubbish
What's defamatory in dia documentary
Buahri threaten to sue dem did dey blink?
Tell me hw many lies in d documentryy
In d name of defamatory fact should not be stated
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by annibro(f): 8:10am On Apr 28, 2015
olaxy2:
Op don't commit suicide oo. follow mama piss instruction which says " she rather die than.....

grin grin grin hehehhehe; ds got me cracking
I Love NairaLand; so many comedians cheesy
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by dotfam2104(m): 8:11am On Apr 28, 2015
Any media house shld abide by d ethics of their profession, its simple. There are other media houses dat criticised buhari buh theirs werent as gross as dat of AIT nd dey were nt barred. Its nt lyk he doesnt wanto be criticised buh be professional abt it. AIT were simply unprofessional nd buhari as we all know is a strict disciplinarian, he acts according to d rules. Pple shld watch doz AIT's damaging documentaries again nd determine if dey truly deserve to be barred or nt.
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 28, 2015
micolaj:
Maturity? Opportunity? Did you have terrible Nightmare for you to have typed this?Buhari is a principled( take the bull by the horn) man, where were you when Buhari was reading riot acts to his family? That shows how he operates. Your gospel of democracy is flawed because this is all about Buhari's privacy, not political.

All that family talk na bullcrap and PR stunt. If his family members already knew his stand, why the recent lectures? That's by the side.

We all know AIT goofed and messed up. An opportunity presented itself for GMB to show his transformed democratic values, but alas his vindictiveness and immaturity was superior to his reasoning.

He messed up big time.

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by WILSON(f): 8:12am On Apr 28, 2015
BUT THIS ACT ISN'T A MATURE ONE JARE! UPON ALL THE NAMES WE CALLED GEJ AND THE MANY NAMES THAT OBJ NAMED HIM, HE IS STILL SMILING AND SHAKING HANDS WITH HIM. THATS MATURITY. BUHARI ISN'T STILL MATURE AT 73.

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by nesta007(m): 8:13am On Apr 28, 2015
richidinho:
@op.....Nice 1 there

We only have one Democrat...i.e GEJ

Buhari was a dictator
Buhari is a dictator
Buhari will die a dictator

Mark my word

saTANoids how can he be a dictator when he's not even the president yet. He can bar them for now but after swearing in if he does then it's another thing. He just the president elect not the president yet. Get that
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Banter1(m): 8:14am On Apr 28, 2015
major466:
Pls bear with me if you find my writeup a bit disorganized. My tablet is yet to arive so am using a small phone to write this piece to express maself about recent development. Thanks for understanding.

I was thrown into a deep shock when i read in the news that President elect, M. Buhari bared media house AIT from covering his activities. Though i wasnt surprised by his action, i was surprise because he's already showing the true nature we knew he was even before swearing in. What sort of democrat bar a media house from covering public activities? Does he think the office of President is he's private property? Who does he think he is? A king? Does he know the meaning of a public servant? Maybe not. Why he's semi illiterate, if not he would have understood that in democracy, the office of the president is not only accountable to the people but also to the Press. That is why freedom of the Press is one of the shining lights of democracy as a form of government.

This singular act by Buhari to bar a media organization from covering his activities as president elect just confirm that he's still the same old dictator that he was 32 years ago. A liar who lied to the world in Chatam house that he was a democrat, banning a media house from covering his activities because of a documentary? Very childish and immature indeed! Does he know what democracy is all about? If he feels pained by a documentary then he has no business in politics.

I remember vividly during the US presidential campaign of 2008 when Fox News network castigated Obama to a point of no return. They made fun of him, ridicule him, called him monkey, fueled his birth certificate issues to the extend that almost got most Americans asking questions about his true country of birth. In the end he had to surrender his birth certificate to the press (unlike Buhari and his school certificate mess). It was a scandal. Plus the many other systematic attacks against his candidacy. Fox news people are racist. Those of you who watched that channel during and after the Presidential campaigns will know what am talking about. But ever since Barack Obama won the Presidency of the United States, not ones did Obama vent out his anger to revenge against fox news. Why? Because he understood the principles of democracy. As a private individual no media house will bother you. But as soon as you become a politician, the eyes of the press makes a microscopic look at your personality. The media will not only scrutinize your past but will also go way back in time to study your childhood background. Any shocking revelation will be brought to the public front. That is the way it is in democracy especially in advance societies like USA. Even our dear GEJ was not speared from the hard scrutinizing lens of the press, sometimes personal and insulting attacks against him. Did he ever vent out his anger by baring them from covering his activities? No. Why? Because he like Obama understood the principles of Democracy. He understood that press freedom is paramount in democracy. That's why Nigerians of all ages can express themselves freely without fear of being arrested. This is the beauty of Democracy and freedom. For Buhari to lower himself like a child who got his azz kicked by his cousin to trample upon Freedom of Press shows that he's nothing but the same old dictator in civilian clothes.
Just like someone said, like OBJ like Buhari. Both dictators in civilian clothing.

BTW, I hear many Buhari followers giving excuses that he has the right to bar AIT citing privacy as reasons. Sure i completely agree that every individual on the planet deserves the right to privacy. That offices is a fundamental human right. But they however failed to note that as soon as an individual becomes a public official in the position of a President elect, privacy becomes a secondary issue. Infact privacy is not an excuse to bar a media organization from performing its function by investigating Buhari's activities as president elect.
But when they were airing that hate speech against his person and his late wife and child, you didn't see anything wrong with it right? PHUCK YOU
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 28, 2015
Leopantro:

You are so correct.

The clueless one always remains clueless.

I remember your "GEJ TILL 2019".

how market?

I still remain my humble self. I still remain a Nigerian ( for now). We all supported our canididates; that's life for you. GMB won, and life hasn't stopped going.

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by dstar01(m): 8:14am On Apr 28, 2015
if the GMB supporters are quick to note AIT bias journalism pre-election, how about TVC, were they not biased towards GEJ in that same period? Truth is in this modern age, GMB shouldn't have done. this is another sign that he remains a soldier

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by RottenTomato: 8:16am On Apr 28, 2015
Tradesrunner:

Haters go and die
U stewpid fool!!!
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by marhcus: 8:16am On Apr 28, 2015
please stop this disgraceful act, Buhari is still president elect and not yet sworn in as the president. So he has the right to do whatever he pleases to do. If he wants AIT not to cover his activities so shall it be. All this Tanoid and other mumulet of pdp fans voicing out stupidity of the highest order
Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 28, 2015
dstar01:
if the GMB supporters are quick to note AIT bias journalism pre-election, how about TVC, were they not biased towards GEJ in that same period? Truth is in this modern age, GMB shouldn't have done. this is another sign that he remains a soldier

The leopard never changes it's spots.

Re: Buhari vs AIT: The Shameless Act Against Press Freedom. by Banter1(m): 8:16am On Apr 28, 2015
ilovecritics:

I'll be ashamed to know you are a Nigerian like me..
you should be ashamed of yourself for making this statement. PHUCK YOU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Loses Grip… As APC Top-notcher Turns Down His Invitation / Yaya Tongo Resigns From The APC (Pictures) / Boris Neenwi Shot Dead By Assassins In Rivers State. Photos

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149