Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,591 members, 7,801,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace (28957 Views)

Eve Esin Turns Cheetah In New Wild Photos / Photos: Check Out JJ Okocha & His Cute Son At The Love Is The Musical Show / Photo: JJ Okocha And Wife Loved Up As They Celebrate Her Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by sukieboy(f): 10:12am On Feb 03, 2009
Last week at the popular club 10 on Victoria Island a very dramatic incident happened that will shape the super Eagles old players friendship circle for sometime to come.

Jay Jay Okocha surprisingly announced to everyone present at the party hall that he's iPhone was missing and that he was very sure that Etim Esin stole the phone and that him (Etim) must be searched right away.

After must hesitation and fury, Etim finally agreed to be searched by Okocha's boys. The phone was not found on him. Then Okocha ordered that etim's wife be searched as well, it was very embarrassing, as the ultimately eager servants of the football wizard searched Etim's wife. You needed to see how she was weeping. Still the Phone was not found on her. Etim queitly walked out of the club with his wife and most people who came walked out blaming Okocha for embarassing Etim in such a manner.

The next day thru the Lagos-based Lawyer Festus Keyamo, Etim Esin and Wife jointly filed a suit at the Lagos high court claiming 100million naira as compensation for public disgrace and false allegation of the crime of stealing etc etc etc.

What do you make of this?
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Raymond88(m): 12:30pm On Feb 03, 2009
Damn extortionists, they should have asked for a public apology first before monetary compensation. I wouldn't pay them a kobo.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by akunta(f): 1:04pm On Feb 03, 2009
Sry, but who is Etim Esin? and why should okocha outrigthly accuse anyone of theft without prove? shocked

1 Like

Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by sophienwa(f): 2:04pm On Feb 03, 2009
iF the story is true, then that is bang out of order. imagine the embarrassment. NO, that was too bad. put yourself in etim esin's shoes and imagine how you will feel,in public 4 dat matter. na b4 b4 ETIM ESIN star dey shine as footballer but that does not mean he deserved that.actually no one deserves that disgrace star or no star unless you r certain beyond reasonable doubt. i am an okocha fan but make them sue am 4 everything he is worth so that next time im go consider im pocket b4 accusing people. NONSENSE.

2 Likes

Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by showbobo(m): 3:00pm On Feb 03, 2009
I saw that on TV as well. . . Okocha really messed up. . . How much be iphone sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by sukieboy(f): 6:27pm On Feb 03, 2009
Well, we really need to look at the kind of pride, arrogance and god some of us blacks are exhibiting with just a few bucks in our pockets. this is the same Okocha that was begging for his money to be released from Societe Gen bank. What if this guy was Beckham nko? or Maldini, or even C.Ronaldo nko? him for the use some pple hand clean him yash abi?

I blame Etim Esin. He has laid himself down for some uneducated darts like Okocha. My brodas and sisters, no matter what in this life send ur children to school cos no matter how much they make, travel, exposure, person wey no go skool no go skool, PERIOD

1 Like

Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Sapphic: 8:46pm On Feb 03, 2009
If this really happened, Okocha is a prick and I hope he is sued for every penny he has got. Normally, I would have said that Etim Esin should not have submitted himself for the search, but in that bleeping backward country, people would have taken that as an indication of guilt. I hope Etim does not listen to any pleas or apologies to make him withdraw his suit. People need to be taught that there are consequences to their foolhardy actions.

Raymond88:

Damn extortionists, they should have asked for a public apology first before monetary compensation. I wouldn't pay them a kobo.

You would when judgment is entered against you and the bailiffs come to fifa your possessions.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Emad(f): 12:34am On Feb 04, 2009
hum this Okocha too nah waaaa ohhhhhhh
wonderful !! well that is what happens after one two many bottles of whisky undecided
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by sukieboy(f): 7:24pm On Feb 04, 2009
which kind whisky, na only Okocha dey drink? okay,if na drink, why him no go pour d whisky over im wife head or go naked before the guest make we know say im don d craze abi drunk. My broda this guy no go skool, d thing don dey affect the guy like disease, i mean illiteracy.

Look the guy very well u go see it evident in the way he carries himself. Ok why Kanu dey shy on camera? d guy d fear make im d wound grammar grin grin grin, Nothing dey them head man, kool down!!!!!. Thats the very root of the problem. so my advice to young guys wey dey play footbll today be say, make dem join small skool with the game man.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by earTHMama: 8:05pm On Feb 04, 2009
Before una judge Okocha, read his own version of the story. It sounds like Etim Esin is a gold digger.

HITV suspends Etim Esin
Written by Onochie Anibeze
Monday, February 2, 2009

Toyin Subair wants him to apologise to Okocha

•I’ll never do that, Etim vows

More dimensions are emerging in the Jay Jay Okocha-Etim Esin case.etim is suing Okocha for N100m for the embarrassment he faced at a Christmas party in Okocha’s house last December.

Etim was said to have been accused of stealing a phone set in the party and was subsequently searched. The phone was not found on him. He later engaged activist lawyer Festus Keyamo to stand for him in litigation against the former Super Eagles captain.

He said that he was doing so to clear his name especially now that he does soccer analysis for HiTv, the cable station that brings Premiership, Serie A, and the Spanish League among other things to homes of Nigerians.

“The image will not be good for me and the cable station if I don’t clear my name,” Etim insisted.

But a twist emerged at the weekend when Etim was stopped from his schedule to be on air for the Manchester United-Everton match which the Red Devils won 1-0.

The cable station Etim said was part of the reason he was resorting to litigation is rather distancing themselves from him after they said that they picked holes in his claims. The CEO of the company, Toyin Subair, on Saturday ordered that Etim should not appear on air until he apologises to Okocha.

Etim first spoke on this. He fumed as he spoke. “They have just stopped me from doing the Manchester United and Everton match. Mr. Subair wants me to apologise to Okocha. I don’t know why he took that position. I’m scadalised. It is unfortunate they are siding Okocha. I’ll not apologise. Why should I? They humiliated me in Okocha’s house, searched my wife’s bag, searched me in presence of my daughter and she wondered why they were doing that to me.

I told her we were playing a game. Okocha did not apologise to me and I decided to make it a legal matter and they are asking me to apologise for the wrong they did to me. It is unfortunate. I’ll rather stop working for them than apologise. AIT is coming out soon and I also have an offer from DSTV.”

We contacted Toying Subair and he reacted this way: “Yes, I asked that Etim apologises to Okocha or he will stop appearing on air for us. I did so after finding out the truth. Honestly, my body was shaking when I found out the truth. I took that position because if Etim was allowed to go on like that, he could do it to anybody including those of us in HITV.

He could come up with something any day. He knew that Okocha was not the one that ordered him searched, he knew that Okocha was not there when they started searching him, he knew that when Okocha came and saw what was happening, he ordered them to stop and strongly apologised to him and the wife. Etim knew that he was not the only one searched. Other people had actually opened their bags for searching and they were on it when Okocha came, expressed surprise and ordered that stopped. Okocha’s wife knelt down to apologise to Etim’s wife, gave her a kiss and the party continued. When Etim was leaving, Okocha gave him N100,000 as Christmas gift.

He was happy. Again, Etim’s daughter was not there when they were searching Etim. She was upstairs playing with other kids. Even Etim’s wife admitted that Okocha apologised to them. Our generation should not accommodate such things because it will spread and some day it could be anybody’s turn to suffer this type of thing. What I really don’t know is why Etim should do this to somebody who has been supportive to him

I don’t get it at all. I don’t get it. Honestly, I was shocked when I found out the truth. I invited Etim to join us. He did not apply for the job. I brought him because I felt our television could help him find another career. I didn’t like the way he was being treated, so I offered him the chance. If he could do this to Okocha, he could do it to anybody, so I’m scared. That’s why I asked him to apologise, so that he retraces his step and know how to live in peace. I was scared of him”

Etim offered these words: “It’s a set up. My integrity is at stake. We (ex players) should form a union to help each other, not to hurt each other.
Let them allow sleeping dog to lie otherwise I will bark and it will be loud. If they like let them sack me and use Okocha to replace me on tv. I must fight for my name.”

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/feb/2/301.html
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by earTHMama: 8:06pm On Feb 04, 2009
So he is suing Okocha because he is rich abi?. If Okocha is poor, will he sue him for something that happened in his home in his own absence? That can only happen in Europe and America and not in Naija.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Emad(f): 10:22pm On Feb 04, 2009
ok this is now becoming He said i said
the fact of the matter is that they were searched and needed their reputations cleared
so if Okocha was not there, urhhhhhhhh who ordered the search?
and why did Okocha come in a stop the search?? there is something not right
who has teh real story? because this one has loop holes
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by ifyalways(f): 10:38pm On Feb 04, 2009
This story get as e be undecided
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 05, 2009
Why was Etim the only one searched? Because he is poor? I am so disappointed in Toyin, what if he was the one, so because Etim is poor he should allow himself to be humulated and in the presence of his family too. So he took Okachas word against the words of so many reporters who were at the party and reported the case.
Contrary from accusing him of being a gold digger he shoud be appaulded for daring to stand up for his rights. Rich peeps like Okocha should be taught that you cant humilate people because you are rich, there is a consequense for such actions.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by sukieboy(f): 9:54am On Feb 05, 2009
@ EarthMama,

This is a paid story. Why should Toyin talk like this? Should we say same about what happened to him Toyin at DSTV? Things are really coming out to show us who Toyin really is. I called an old frnd of mine Pedro Esin, (EtimEsin's cousin), now based in Greece and requested for Etim's mobile number and I called the guy to ask him what happened.

Etim told me exactly what is on the newspapers and said that there are so may reasons why that happened, 1. the HiTV job, 2. His growing profile as a soccer Analyst. 3. A documentary that DSTV is doing on Nigeria's Best players seeing him over Okocha and many other issues he could not just tell me on phone.
Again, that he is very sad at the way those guys wanted to mess him up. That someone was actually directed to put the phone in his wife's bag when she goes to greet, Okocha's wifeupstairs and that they will be disgraced and the hired press will write the story and HiTV will drop him based on that and take up Okocha.

This he said was not unconnected to the Documentary and HiTV rivalry with DSTV.
I asked him about his reported new connection (job) with DSTV, he said DSTV came in to help and that they will be paying him far higher than Toyin's HiTV.
so what are we saying? Let Okocha call a press conference and say his side of the matter.
For now I think Etim and the newspapers side seem real

1 Like

Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by earTHMama: 12:19pm On Feb 05, 2009
Etim told me exactly what is on the newspapers and said that there are so may reasons why that happened, 1. the HiTV job, 2. His growing profile as a soccer Analyst. 3. A documentary that DSTV is doing on Nigeria's Best players seeing him over Okocha and many other issues he could not just tell me on phone.
Again, that he is very sad at the way those guys wanted to mess him up. That someone was actually directed to put the phone in his wife's bag when she goes to greet, Okocha's wifeupstairs and that they will be disgraced and the hired press will write the story and HiTV will drop him based on that and take up Okocha.

This he said was not unconnected to the Documentary and HiTV rivalry with DSTV.
I asked him about his reported new connection (job) with DSTV, he said DSTV came in to help and that they will be paying him far higher than Toyin's HiTV.
so what are we saying? Let Okocha call a press conference and say his side of the matter.
For now I think Etim and the newspapers side seem real
Yopu really believe this thing you wrote up here?. Okocha can get that job at the snap of his fingers and if they want to set Etim up, not in Okochas home and accusing him of a cell phone. How are they sure he will react like this?

Etim collected 100K from Okocha after accepting apologies both from his wife and him only to turn around to make it a big story. We are not new to things like this because it happens everyday abroad and would've been an opportunity for Etim to hammer if not that it happened in Nigeria.

It's obvious that some busy body woman in that party caused this problem byy searching Etim and Etim is taking it out on the wrong person.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 05, 2009
earTHMama:

Yopu really believe this thing you wrote up here?. Okocha can get that job at the snap of his fingers and if they want to set Etim up, not in Okochas home and accusing him of a cell phone. How are they sure he will react like this?

Etim collected 100K from Okocha
after accepting apologies both from his wife and him only to turn around to make it a big story. We are not new to things like this because it happens everyday abroad and would've been an opportunity for Etim to hammer if not that it happened in Nigeria.

It's obvious that some busy body woman in that party caused this problem byy searching Etim and Etim is taking it out on the wrong person.
Thats Toyin Subair and Okocha's word, we dont know that for sure. Why would you just accept their word against the word of so many newspaper people who were there and reported it, even before Etim Sued.

1 Like

Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by yinkalink(f): 5:22pm On Feb 05, 2009
dem get potential beef 4 each other b4,but na dis incident turn am kinetic so it was expected
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by sukieboy(f): 6:26pm On Feb 05, 2009
@Earthmama,
Is Okocka a share holder in HiTV?
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by earTHMama: 8:20pm On Feb 05, 2009
Okocha heads for church over Etim
Written by Onochie Anibeze
Thursday, February 5, 2009

Austin Jay Jay Okocha says he is still shocked by the way Etim Esin took the incident in his house at last year’s Christmas Party and plans to do a thanksgiving session in the church for what he says God has revealed to him.

Etim is suing Okocha for N100 million for the embarrassment he faced in his house during the party. A phone set of one of the guests was said to have been stolen and Etim said that accusing fingers were pointed at him. He said that Okocha ordered him searched and that the searching was extended to his wife. At the end, the phone was not found on them. Etim says he is more disappointed that Okocha has not apologised to him and he was bent on clearing his name.

In his second reaction to the controversy Okocha offered the following words:“I’m still shocked at the way Etim is taking this. One thing is clear. God has hand in this development. God is using it to teach me a lesson. God is using it to warn me, to make me to be more careful.

I say this because what Etim is doing is unbelievable. It was not good that he was searched over a missing phone. But he knew I knew nothing about it. Etim knew that when I came in and saw what was happening I ordered them to stop and fumed over that.

He knew that I apologised to him. Etim knew that I had no hand in what happened. He left the party and changed everything. In the first place, he said it was my phone that was allegedly stolen. I never complained that my phone was missing. It was one of my guests who complained and I was not with them when that happened. Etim knew he was not the only one they searched. Everybody was opening his bag to show he didn’t have it. I saw that and stopped it. Etim later changed everything and said that I ordered them to search him. Actually, I did the opposite.

It is unbelievable. When everybody was avoiding Etim, I got close to him, gave him things including wears. There were times I came from Europe and did things for Etim. It was on the basis of our friendship that I invited him to the Christmas party where I still gave him gift. So, it’s shocking that such a person will suddenly change and turn against you. God is simply sending messages to me and such revelation is worth going to church for thanksgiving. That I’ll do. Who knows if this didn’t happen, I might not have had the need to be careful over certain things and this man could cause one some harm. Now I know better and I’ll be more careful. That’s what God has done for me with Etim. I’ll go and thank God and also pray for Etim.”

Toyin Subair, the CEO of HITV, the cable station that Etim does soccer analysis for, has suspended the former Eagles star, arguing that Etim must apologise to Okocha before he could continue his television programmes.

“I did so because I found out the truth,” Subair said.

“I found out that Okocha wasn’t the one that ordered Etim searched, I found out that Etim was not the only one searched. I found out that Okocha apologised to Etim and Okocha’s wife knelt down to apologise to Etim’s wife, gave her a kiss and everything calmed down and the party continued. Etim claimed that he was searched in the presence of his daughter who wanted to know what they were doing to her dad and Etim told her they were playing a Christmas game.

I found out that Etim’s daughter was upstairs playing with other kids when he was being searched and what Etim said wasn’t true. I found out that Okocha also gave Etim money as Christmas gift and the man probably went home happy only for him to surface later and change things. I found out the truth from Etim’s wife. When I found out the truth my body started shaking, I became scared of Etim and insisted he would have to retrace his steps otherwise he could do it to anybody including those of us on HITV. That’s why I asked him to apologise,” Subair said.

Etim immediately saw that as “two people working together to set me up and destroy my name. They are together. I’ll not apologise to Okocha. I’ll rather quit HITV than apologise for the wrong done to me.”

He also said Okocha gave him N50,000 as Christmas gift and not N100,000 as reported and that the money was given before the incident.

“Again, it’s not about money. It’s about my integrity. The phone was not eventually found on me. I have a lovely wife and I’m not as poor as people think. If I need money I could go to former President Ibrahim Babangida who is the senior Maradona. We are only two in the country. He did things for me when I was playing for Nigeria. I have made name.

I made name before Okocha. Where was Okocha when Iwuanyanwu gave me a brand new car? Where was Okocha when I brought my first convertible into Nigeria? Obesere, the musician has a football academy, trying to develop football, Okocha has a night club. Is that how to work for football?

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/feb/5/303.html
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Sapphic: 11:32pm On Feb 05, 2009
If Toyin Subair suspended Etim Esin over this matter, he is a big asshole. What has this matter got to do with Etim's employment. I used to think of Toyin as an intelligent person, but this just shows the backward mentality that many Nigerians operate under. A lawyer of his calibre should have more sense.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by amebono14: 7:57am On Feb 06, 2009
dis tory get as e be,but i smell envy here,dis is pure envy

d statement below wasn"t necessary,dis is pure envy

earTHMama:

I made name before Okocha. Where was Okocha when Iwuanyanwu gave me a brand new car? Where was Okocha when I brought my first convertible into Nigeria? Obesere, the musician has a football academy, trying to develop football, Okocha has a night club. Is that how to work for football?

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/feb/5/303.html

the only thing i know or have known for a long time is dat:okocha respects etim alot,dats for sure,he brings himself down,whenever he is with etim,dis same etim,said it one time dat no footballer has ever given him the kind of respect okocha gives to him

if they later had a misunderstanding dat warranted dis rubbish,na them know
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Pepeye(f): 8:18am On Feb 06, 2009
I perceive envy
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by kellygirl(f): 12:43pm On Feb 06, 2009
this whole thing is really confusing,who do we now believe? etim or okocha?
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by jayflex: 1:09pm On Feb 06, 2009
My people say "he who leaves grain in his frontyard at night comes to meet stray birds in the morning" or something like that. Etim should never have formed the habit of going to okocha to ask for cash now and then. Such things make people look down on you and make you the object of suspicion when such things like missing phones happen. All the same Okocha is a world class asshole for embarassing his egbon like that
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by jayflex: 1:13pm On Feb 06, 2009
Emad. You are on point ! Your parents no waste their money for your school fees
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by fesse(f): 2:27pm On Feb 06, 2009
Who knows the truth here?
One thing with Nigerians is that they hate progress. Had it been Okocha is poor, the same people like etim will be making mockry of him. Now that he has survived, the same pple like etim is still envying him. I don't think okocha did this kind thing. Just that the so called etim esin didn't make it like okocha's, kanu's etc.
Some day he may extend this his atitude to the likes of Kanu's, etc.

They should investigate.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Taito007(m): 2:41pm On Feb 06, 2009
This looks confusing indeed. But one shud look at the lawyer in place here. He may be the one teaching etim what to say. Better still both of them shud be invited to jerry springer show, sorry moment with mo or settle it in court.
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by emmaigwe: 2:53pm On Feb 06, 2009
It was really an embarrassing moment for Mr. & Mrs. Etim Esin but I love the way He took the matter to Court, at least he has to be compensated for the public disgrace which JJ has given him.

Thanks!

http://www.netdailynews..com
http://www.hungersformoney..com  
http://www.linktocurtship..com
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by horny4u(f): 3:26pm On Feb 06, 2009
jayflex:

My people say "he who leaves grain in his frontyard at night comes to meet stray birds in the morning" or something like that. Etim should never have formed the habit of going to okocha to ask for cash now and then. Such things make people look down on you and make you the object of suspicion when such things like missing phones happen. All the same Okocha is a world class asshole for embarassing his egbon like that

You stole those words from mi mind, grin grin wink
Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by Potporch: 3:36pm On Feb 06, 2009
Etim has just bit the finger that fed him. When everybody else is running away from him, the likes of Okochas brought him close and dusted him off his drug abuse and gave him back his life. I first met Esim at Garden Cafe club, off Allen Avenue by water parks in early or middle nineties after he ran away from Belgium where he was accussed of[b] raping a white underage girl[/b]. He claimed he didn't rape the girl but was too afraid to stay for the case to be settled in Belgian courts. So died his once exciting football career as no club would employ him anywhere in the world. Now, is this not the same Etim that is running to the courts, bringing trumped up charges against his benefactor all in the name of being searched? Shame on you Etim and may you suffer what you are bringing upon yourself. You must be a very wicked soul. This is a lesson to all of you who think you are helping him. He will consume all of you in peace time. Go to court and get your N100,000,000. You will smoke it up in crack cocaine and start begging all over again (as usual). If I am to be the judge at the court, i will give you not only N100m but Okocha's head on a platter. N100,000,000 is too small for a begging big boy (BBB) like you.

1 Like

Re: Etim Esin Sues JJ Okocha For Public Disgrace by honeric01(m): 4:01pm On Feb 06, 2009
Is JJ Okocha the only footballer that is RICH? is Kanu not rich too? Is Yobo, Oruma and co not rich too? why aren't the Ex players angry with them? I think Okocha has a hand in this, no one would search someone like that in a party without the CONSENT of the HOST which is Okocha. Are they trying to say Etim was looking like a begger that they didn't recognise him?

Anyways i will leave it to the court to find out the truth cos i think the matter don get K-leg lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ubi Franklin Poses With His 2 Children, Jayden & Zaneta Christ Ekapong Ubi-Ofe / Niyola, EME's First Lady (Pictures) / how wizkid, scales twitter spat all started; banky w ignores the duo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.