Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:42 PM

May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government (18830 Views)

EFCC To Ekweremadu: We’ll Arrest You If You’ve Gone On Looting Spree / Recruitment Scandal In SSS: Anonymous Source From The Presidency Reacts / See A Photo Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's Mother Who's Linked To Diezani's Looting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by dre11(m): 9:44am On Apr 28, 2015
What could be tagged as ‘executive scandal’ has allegedly hit the Rivers State Government under the leadership of Governor Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi.

The current government has been roped with allegation of selling the state’s property ahead of the May 29 handover date.

This is coming barely a week after such allegation cropped up in Benue State where the outgoing government under the leadership of Gabriel Suswam was accused of engaging in mass looting and last-minute recruitments with the aim of dragging the incoming government into huge debt.

The latest claim in Rivers was championed by the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the state.

In fact, the party has publicly noted with regrets the alleged looting spree in Government House, Port Harcourt, Ministries and parastatals ahead of Governor Amaechi’s exit, on May 29.

The PDP raised the alarm of the ongoing illegal sale of Government properties to close friends, political allies and family members of the outgoing Governor of Rivers State.

It also described as frightening illegal employment in Rivers State Polytechnic, Bori, where about 500 people have been secretly employed without due process.

Chairman, Rivers State Civil Service Commission, Mr. Ngo Martins-Yellow and the 23 Local Government Caretaker Committee Chairmen are also said to be secretly recruiting thousands of persons to swell the number of Civil Servants in government employ, so that the incoming PDP government will battle the huge wage bill.

According to the claim by the incoming government, some of the government-owned properties being stolen and vandalized are mainly the unregistered brand new cars assigned to different departments of current administration.

Other equipments for the Monorail, Government Farms, Schools, Hospitals, Government owned Media Houses, among others, have been reportedly stolen and vandalized.

Some of the government officials and Gov Amaechi’s political aides fingered as the brain behind the illegal deals are: George Feyii, Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Mrs Ibim Semenitari, Information and Communications Commissioner, who has allegedly transferred most of the cars belonging to the World Book Capital to her Lagos residence.

Also mentioned in the looting spree is the Chief of Staff, Government House, Tony Okocha and commissioner for Agriculture.

The State chairman of the PDP, Bro Felix Obuah in a statement signed by his Special Adviser on Media, Jerry Needam said change of guards in governance was a normal tradition and did not mean the end of government or discontinuation of political leadership in the State.

He strongly affirmed that those behind the shady deal should desist or be ready to dace the music when he table turns.

“It is most unfortunate that this is happening in a government which officials are seeking the people’s mandate to continue in office; this has explained why God who knows the inner hearts of all men has rejected them”, Prince Obuah remarked.

The PDP State Chairman said the only reason for the evil act was to get at the State Governor-elect, Chief Barr Nyesom Wike hooked in debt.

“Unfortunately, it’s the State and the people that will suffer for the wickedness. Outgoing Gov Amaechi should therefore be called to order”, Bro Felix Obuah warned.

On the other hand, the All Progressives Congress (APC) has also accused President Goodluck Jonathan of last-minute looting of the nation’s resources, hurried recruitment into the public service and rushed privatisation of key financial institutions.

APC had in a communique issued by its national publicity secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said it had received calls and messages by concerned Nigerians, informing it’s leaders of the unscrupulous actions of some members of the out going government led by President Jonathan.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/04/28/may-29-mass-looting-last-minute-recruitment-scandal-trail-amaechis-government/

1 Like

Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 28, 2015
This my first time to comment and I dedicate this to my mentors on nairaland barcanista and nobody

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by dj187: 9:50am On Apr 28, 2015
Lies from d pit of hell

Rivers PDP = Last of a dying breed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by ijustdey: 10:02am On Apr 28, 2015
The PDP raised the alarm of the ongoing illegal
sale of Government properties to close friends,
political allies and family members of the outgoing Governor of Rivers State.

Parties keeps making claims and counter claim that sometimes you ask yourself.........

are they really speaking to dummies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 28, 2015
What I want Nyesome Wike to do is to institute thorough probe of Amaechi's administration. He should issue White Paper and leave the rest to Rivers People.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 28, 2015
hbpeze:
This my first time to comment and I dedicate this to my mentors on nairaland barcanista and nobody
My oga good morning

3 Likes

Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 28, 2015
Wike must probe Ameachi

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by chymystique(f): 10:18am On Apr 28, 2015
It also described as frightening illegal employment in Rivers State Polytechnic, Bori, where about 500 people have been secretly employed without due process.

Chairman, Rivers State Civil Service Commission, Mr. Ngo Martins-Yellow and the 23 Local Government Caretaker Committee Chairmen are also said to be secretly recruiting thousands of persons to swell the number of Civil Servants in government employ, so that the incoming PDP government will battle the huge wage bill.

Is This the change Amaechi has been Chanting? He is Just aCting like a sore loser he is.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by tinuolababy(f): 10:27am On Apr 28, 2015
Okay we don hear
Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by ijustdey: 10:41am On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:
What I want Nyesome Wike to do is to institute thorough probe of Amaechi's administration. He should issue White Paper and leave the rest to Rivers People.

that's what i expected them to do and not going all over the pages and looking for people sympathy.

probe him when he leaves office and leave the rest to the judiciary and police..
just like how GMB talks about probing NNPC and we keep seeing alot of revelation about impunity and looting of the treasury

4 Likes

Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 28, 2015
ijustdey:

that's what i expected them to do and not going all over the pages and looking for people sympathy.

probe him when he leaves office and leave the rest to the judiciary and police..
just like how GMB talks about probing NNPC and we keep seeing alot of revelation about impunity and looting of the treasury
Bros, let us watch and see
Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by ijustdey: 10:49am On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:
Bros, let us watch and see

okay
cc lalasticlala FP newsgrin
Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 28, 2015
Amaechi is even more on the news these days that. the president and president elect.

1 Like

Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by dipopooo(m): 10:54am On Apr 28, 2015
angry
Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by Bonapart(m): 10:54am On Apr 28, 2015
This gayish govern again angry
When will Nigeria be a better country.
Wat if Jonathan decide to do same. Apc will start crying again

1 Like

Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by chynie: 10:55am On Apr 28, 2015
Amaechi, Amaechi, Amaechi how many times did i call u
Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by jmoore(m): 10:55am On Apr 28, 2015
Ramaechi. Wetin?

APC and PDP na the same na.
Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 28, 2015
I SUPPORT AMAECHI TO SELL RIVER STATES AND IT'S PEOPLE AS SLAVES SINCE THEY INSIST ON VOTING THAT USELESS WICKED PARTY CALLED PDP. THEY HAVE ALREADY MORGAGED THEIR CHILDREN'S FUTURE WITH SENTIMENTS AND SUCESSFULLY MADE THEMSELVES SLAVES TO MAMA PISS VIA HER PUPPET WIKE. undecided THERE IS NOTHING WIKE WILL DO TO AMAECHI COS BY MAY 29TH AMAECHI WILL HAVE FEDERAL SUPPORT. WIKE ALSO ENJOYED THE SAME PRIVILEDGE UNDER GEJ

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by kombats: 10:55am On Apr 28, 2015
Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by adenine02: 10:55am On Apr 28, 2015
Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by hemartins(m): 10:55am On Apr 28, 2015
we cant possibly say its true. when wike gets into power, he can probe amechi.

1 Like

Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 28, 2015
Apc and pdp accusing each other of the same crime...rubbish!!!... angry

2 Likes

Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by Aitee1: 10:56am On Apr 28, 2015
hbpeze:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Clown first time to comment with over 100 topics grin

@topic, noted!!!

Let's watch as Buhari will probe GEJ and Amaechi is left out! Lai Muhammad should take note too.
Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by efilefun(m): 10:56am On Apr 28, 2015
PDP trying to say something Cuz GEJ had been accused by APC of doing samething doesnt mean they should cook up a story and sell to the public, I believe all the late sackings is just to cover up some loopholes by GEJ. If PDP got enough evidence they should probe Amaechi just the same way Buhari had promised to probe NNPC and we all could see how they running Helter-skelter.

4 Likes

Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 28, 2015
tongue
Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by Billygee2u: 10:59am On Apr 28, 2015
Amaech the betrayer and traitor,JUDAS AMAECHI

4 Likes

Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by onajison(m): 10:59am On Apr 28, 2015
Hmmm! Am jst passing sha
Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by Jeffoo(m): 10:59am On Apr 28, 2015
Nepal quake death toll could reach 10,000....#prayforNepal

1 Like

Re: May 29: Mass Looting, Last-minute Recruitment Scandal Trail Amaechi’s Government by tlops(m): 10:59am On Apr 28, 2015
ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Takes Over Pdp's Ekiti Secretariat / Railway Corporation Seeks N61.5b For Maintenance, Generates N1.13b / 2023 Presidency: Okowa Laments, Says Peter Obi’s Emergence Will Affect PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.