Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,567 members, 7,801,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

My Son Was Threatened In School - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son Was Threatened In School (4971 Views)

My Son Attempting To Put On A Small Generator / SORROW TO JOY: Woman Delivers Triplets Day Murdered Son Was Buried (picture) / Husband Beats And Threatened To Pour Hot Water On Wife When Denied Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Son Was Threatened In School by rittyben(f): 9:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
I changed my son to the school i work. He started yesterday, and today he met me to complain that Mark told him that he(Mark) would turn my boy's head to a mango and eat it.
They did have a quarrel. from what i gathered, the were expressing themselves by telling each other what they can do.
My boy is 6, Mark is 8years old.
Mark is from Edo State(i know that because his mum is a teacher too). Should take it as children play, or should i report to his mum?
Should i be worried about this?
Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by Ralphlauren(m): 9:30pm On Apr 28, 2015
rittyben:
I changed my son to the school i work. He started yesterday, and today he met me to complain that Mark told him that he(Mark) would turn my boy's head to a mango and eat it.
They did have a quarrel. from what i gathered, the were expressing themselves by telling each other what they can do.
Mark is from Edo State(i know that because his mum is a teacher too). Should take it as children play, or should i report to his mum?

what has 'mark's' state of origin got to do with this?

did they tell you that Edo boys 'turn the heads of fellow boys to mango and eat it'?

smh !

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by Hopez456(m): 9:33pm On Apr 28, 2015
rittyben:
That's how They start, School bullies. would advise You report to the school authorities so that They can monitor the boy (mark )

1 Like

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ralphlauren:

did they tell you that Edo boys 'turn the heads of fellow boys to mango and eat it'?

smh !
epic.. lol

4 Likes

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 28, 2015
Anty, pls Edo witch is real..

3 Likes

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
tell his mom and tell the sch. make sure he isn't being bullied. this is how it starts . bullying has long term effects on kids . at 6, i commend him for telling you. he told you because those words didn't sit right with his mind. those aren't the words that should be directed at an adult , so talk about a 6-yr old

rittyben:

2 Likes

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by freecocoa(f): 9:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
I don't think it's a big deal seeing that the words said actually doesn't even make sense, kids often say whatever comes to their minds in such instances.

Some of the kids around me say things like that to each other, they even say it to me, it would have been different if the young man threatened to/ hit your boy and did you take a minute to find out what your boy said to him?

Sounds like you have a thing against the boy's tribe, like you are afraid he can actually hurt your boy via juju.

13 Likes

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by rittyben(f): 9:49pm On Apr 28, 2015
freecocoa:
I don't think it's a big deal seeing that the words said actually doesn't even make sense, kids often say whatever comes to their minds in such instances.

Some of the kids around me say things like that to each other, they even say it to me, it would have been different if the young man hit your boy and did you take a minute to find out what your boy said to him?

Sounds like you have a thing against the boy's tribe, like you are afraid he can actually hurt your boy via juju.

My son told him that he could sing better than them
Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by bukatyne(f): 9:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
rittyben:

What did your son tell Mark?

2 Likes

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by rittyben(f): 9:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
bukatyne:

What did your son tell Mark?
That he can sing better
Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by Ewuro4: 9:56pm On Apr 28, 2015
What has state of origin got to do with it? You honestly think he'll do as he said? An elementary ( I presumed?) kid?

You can't be serious now. undecided

NAIRALAND cheesy
Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by freecocoa(f): 10:01pm On Apr 28, 2015
rittyben:

My son told him that he could sing better than them
You are really sure that's all he said?

Still, I wouldn't read meanings to what Mark said, one can clearly see its just a kid saying what he thinks best at the time.

Kids have told me "I will burst your belle, I will throw you away, I will cut your leg, I will not take you to pepperoni" etc, they didn't do any of those things, they were just expressing themselves.

I understand that some kids can be violent and bully others but this doesn't look like one of those cases.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by ITbomb(m): 10:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
And he ran to mummy
That is why I love my 5 years old nephew, he will tell you that the last person wey talk that kind thing dem kill am inside cell since nobody come release am. Him go ask you, "you wan enter cell?".
The boy funny die, I wonder if there is anyone that can threaten him.
Upon all that he is very respectful at home especially to his parent.

3 Likes

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 28, 2015
dp

2 Likes

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by cococandy(f): 10:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
What exactly are you worried about?
That your son's head can be truly turned into a mango and eaten?

6 Likes

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by lilmax(m): 10:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
rittyben:

That he can sing better
trouble
Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 28, 2015
How r u sure ur son did nt say wat was more serious Dan that.Abeg forget all those unnecessary worries jor.

2 Likes

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by Ralphlauren(m): 10:24pm On Apr 28, 2015
cococandy:
What exactly are you worried about?
That your son's head can be truly turned into a mango and eaten?

Lmaoooo grin

I'm sure she thinks the 9year old is a wizard that will harm her son and he probably belongs to some occult - after all, according to her, he's from Edo State. Smhh.

5 Likes

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by cococandy(f): 10:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Lmaoooo grin

I'm sure she thinks the 9year old is a wizard that will harm her son and he probably belongs to some occult - after all, according to her, he's from Edo State. Smhh.
Probably. grin

3 Likes

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by jummygo(f): 10:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
You r d mom. If u feel uneasy about it. Go with your instincts. My son was once told in school that his blood was sweet. I took action.

4 Likes

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by cococandy(f): 11:13pm On Apr 28, 2015
jummygo:
You r d mom. If u feel uneasy about it. Go with your instincts. My son was once told in school that his blood was sweet. I took action.
shocked
Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
rittyben:

Yeah, you should be worried. I'd advise you to report Mark to the police and have him sign an undertaking ensuring that your son isn't turned into the fruit he's already become through your over-protectiveness. Millenial mothers...pfft.

9 Likes

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by jplay(m): 12:12am On Apr 29, 2015
I'm surprised some of you are making a jest of the situation. Rittyben, go to the school. The fact that they quarreled is enough for you to go. Find out what's happening between your child and the other boy. If no one here cares about your son, you do. Keep being an active parent in your little boy's life. You deserve to know what's going on, how to make things better for him at School.

3 Likes

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by KanwuliaJara: 12:36am On Apr 29, 2015
You know we EDO peeps always mean what we say. wink
I think you should fast and pray before you see a MANGO SEED on top of your son's neck by 12 midnight

*Shior* cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by Onegai(f): 7:32am On Apr 29, 2015
Yep you should be worried that you are that tribalistic and small-minded an 8 year old's childish pronouncement got you scared. You probably "blood of Jesus"-ed all night over your child.

As for your child, children fight. it's what children do. Now if your kid said Mark had threatened to beat him up, it would be serious and a talk with his mum would be necessary.

If I were him, I would laugh and my son would learn that such comments have no power over him as a child of God. I would also tell him to say "Mark you are being silly and I won't play with you until you say sorry" and walk away. But that is how reasonable (and rare) Nigerians think.

But I'm sure you will talk to Mark's mum (because you can't help yourself and while those kids will make up and play today, you will cause more permanent wahala between you and Mark's mum, your co-worker, by insinuating her 8 year old is occultic). Don't forget to take this to your pastor in prayer, unless of course you attend Christ Embassy and go to Pastor Chris' face (he's from Edo state) to insinuate that even an Edo child is occultic undecided because na only Edo people get legal rights to occultism in Nigeria, once you cross Ugbowo boundary into Benin proper, they will apparently indoctrinate you into juju grin grin grin

Yay tribalism and small-mindedness!

Now that I know how scared Nigerians are of Edo people, can I start my rampage of childish threats on NL? There are soo many people I'd love to scare with childish words grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by veave(f): 7:40am On Apr 29, 2015
Before reporting to anyone. Get on your knees. Someone says he will turn your son's head to mango and eat it. And you came to cry on nairaland. FYI, some kids are older than their grand parents spiritually. Do not take it at face value.
Hmmmmmm.

2 Likes

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by veave(f): 7:42am On Apr 29, 2015
jummygo:

Good!

1 Like

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 29, 2015
Just say a prayer about it, then talk your son out of believing such trash.. Teach him to stand up to some people..

Since you are bothered already, talk to the mother about it might just be very minor..

OHHHH I love home videos
Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by SAMBARRY: 8:58am On Apr 29, 2015
grin grin
Ralphlauren:

smh !

1 Like

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by SAMBARRY: 9:00am On Apr 29, 2015
grin grin grin
KanwuliaJara:
You know we EDO peeps always mean what we say. wink
I think you should fast and pray before you see a MANGO SEED on top of your son's neck by 12 midnight

*Shior* cool

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by bukatyne(f): 10:44am On Apr 29, 2015
rittyben:

That he can sing better

And Mark said he will turn him to Mango and eat him?

Don't report to his mom or the school authorities yet

However, pray for your son.

It might be child's play....

And Mark might be serious.

1 Like

Re: My Son Was Threatened In School by Onegai(f): 11:29am On Apr 29, 2015
@sambarry stop laughing or a coconut will grow on your back tonight!!

WordOfABendelite
angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Ave Cut Ties With My Family / My Girl Just Delivered A Bouncing Baby Boy, Congrats To Me - Photos / What Happens When A Woman Wants More Sex Than Her Husband? Or Vice Versa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.