Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience (3860 Views)

Muslims In The House,please I Need Answers To The Following Quaranic Verses. / Muslims In The House! Please How True Is This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by obinrinrere: 10:14pm On Apr 28, 2015
Asalamualaykum,i wish to know if there is any homeschooling mum in this forum.
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by kemiola89(f): 9:32am On Apr 29, 2015
Walaykum salaam ukhti!

Wish I have one to share but I'm not yet a Mom. How about you share yours so we (intending Moms) can learn from your experience.
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by yasmine2015: 11:11am On Apr 29, 2015
Are you? well I am, if you are lets compare notes
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
I don't know, obirinrere, if you want experience to be shared by mums only. I was homeschooled and currently, I am a homeschooling.... urrrm, brother! smiley
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by Sissie(f): 10:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
I like the idea of home schooling, takes discipline and a whole lot more.
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by obinrinrere: 10:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
One of the best way to by which you can educate a child is by homeschooling. It comes with whole lot of challenges......from naysayer to timing and all that.
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by yasmine2015: 12:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
One of the best way to by which you can educate a child is by homeschooling. It comes with whole lot of challenges......from naysayer to timing and all that.

You know generally people are scared of new things and alot don't understand what you are talking about.
Apart from the timing/scheduling challenges, getting NIGERIAN content for some subjects or topics is another.
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by yasmine2015: 12:25pm On Apr 30, 2015
laykorn:
I don't know, obirinrere, if you want experience to be shared by mums only. I was homeschooled and currently, I am a homeschooling.... urrrm, brother! smiley

Wonderful! were you homeschooled in Nigeria
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
yasmine2015:

Wonderful! were you homeschooled in Nigeria
Yes. It happened in the state of Lagos. smiley
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by obinrinrere: 9:40pm On Apr 30, 2015
Its all about determination @yasmine.you can get Nigeria curriculum from bookshop and or British curriculum from bookshop that sells foreign book.And always speak with like - minded

2 Likes

Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by yasmine2015: 4:10pm On May 01, 2015
obinrinrere:
Its all about determination @yasmine.you can get Nigeria curriculum from bookshop and or British curriculum from bookshop that sells foreign book.And always speak with like - minded

it didn't occur to me to check a bookstore for a Nigerian curriculum I just asked around and got one.
I will like to take primary history and geography as subjects with Nigeria in mind but I don't ave enough material.
so, are you homeschooling? and what age?
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by yasmine2015: 4:12pm On May 01, 2015
laykorn:

Yes. It happened in the state of Lagos. smiley

what level?
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 01, 2015
yasmine2015:

what level?
Primary 1 - S.S.S.3 smiley
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by obinrinrere: 9:35pm On May 05, 2015
Homeschooled my daughter some years back,but now she is in school with her younger one.
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by obinrinrere: 9:37pm On May 05, 2015
In shaa Allah I wish to reconsider the method for so many reason..
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 05, 2015
obinrinrere:
Homeschooled my daughter some years back,but now she is in school with her younger one.

Why did you have to stop? Or, why did you stop?
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by obinrinrere: 9:39pm On May 06, 2015
I was unable to efficiently handle her Quran and Arabic.

1 Like

Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by yasmine2015: 2:38pm On May 07, 2015
obinrinrere:
I was unable to efficiently handle her Quran and Arabic.
I was able to get one "eleha" to handle.the arabic and quran for me. she was a great asset but we had to relocate. now I use minshawy to follow up for Quran and we still use the madinah reader for arabic, but I would not mind outside madrassah if I get a good one.
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by obinrinrere: 6:43pm On May 07, 2015
Yes sis,since Arabic is language,they will definitely learn better if spoken with peers. And as for the Quran,muraja is the main thing.
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 07, 2015
obinrinrere:
Yes sis,since Arabic is language,they will definitely learn better if spoken with peers. And as for the Quran,muraja is the main thing.

How do your children do their muraaja'a?

1 Like

Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by obinrinrere: 11:43am On May 09, 2015
@lakyhorn
After subhi and after asri,they also listen to tapes between magrib and ishaa.
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by yasmine2015: 5:11am On May 10, 2015
We do just after subhi, am trying to do twice a day but its not so convinient.
I ave issue teaching writing i.e composition I don't think am doing it right. any hint?
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by busar(m): 10:49am On May 10, 2015
I love this idea. May Allah make it easy for you all.

1 Like

Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:00am On May 10, 2015
yasmine2015:
We do just after subhi, am trying to do twice a day but its not so convinient.
I ave issue teaching writing i.e composition I don't think am doing it right. any hint?

Yasmine2015, there is something you should do if you don't want to get all fed-up of the whole system soon. You should try your best to instill into the kids the quality of self-study and self-teaching. Instead of concentrating more on teaching them everything, your lens of focus should be set more on teaching them how to understand things by themselves without help or minimal help.

If by some certain stage, your children still can't read and understand reading passages without help, then you still have a long way to go, ma.
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by obinrinrere: 9:52pm On May 10, 2015
@yasmine,you can start with nelson thornes,sims&Schofield and Collins books on composition writing.try get the appropriate age for your children.
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by obinrinrere: 9:53pm On May 10, 2015
And as for muraja,nothing comes easy. I pray Allah ease our affairs.
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by yasmine2015: 9:03am On May 11, 2015
@obirinrere amin, thanks will try and get them.
@laykorn, thank you I get it and by the way you gave a lead to dealing with an issue.
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by yasmine2015: 9:10am On May 11, 2015
busar:
I love this idea. May Allah make it easy for you all.
Amin, jazakallah khayran.
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by busar(m): 8:53pm On May 11, 2015
yasmine2015:
Amin, jazakallah khayran.
wa antum fajazaakumullahu khayran.
Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by rhajaan(m): 10:13am On May 26, 2015
TIPS FOR HOMESCHOOLING

The old Arab proverb
which states:
ﺍﻷﻡ ﻣﺪﺭﺳﺔ ﺇﺫﺍ ﺃﻋﺪﺩﺗﻬﺎ ﺃﻋﺪﺩﺕ ﺷﻌﺒﺎً ﻃﻴﺐ
ﺍﻷﻋﺮﺍﻕ
“A mother is a school, preparing her is like
preparing a good nation.”
Firstly, a woman has to abandon any work or job
outside the house and focus solely on her
household for homeschooling to work. If she must work, it is better limited to a work from home model.

Secondly, a room must be dedicated to learning in
the house with boards, chairs and desks. Also, useful technology must be adopted to promote the children's interest in learning.

Thirdly, the mother must be realistic and draw a
plan based on her competence. A non haafizo can not be saddled with teaching the children hifz l qur'aan. Also, a science oriented
woman would be better equipped to teach maths
effectively up to senior secondary level, while the
same can't be said about a non science based
mum.
Fourthly, the woman can't do it alone....Anywhere
the mum is deficient, the father should come to aid
her
Lastly, all knowledge must be tailored towards
instilling the right Islamic knowledge in the child,
with everything done must be based on achieving
a sound Islamic education.
May Allah bless our pious mothers and wives...
Aamin

3 Likes

Re: Homeschooling Mum In The House Please Share Your Experience by obinrinrere: 9:38pm On May 28, 2015
Aamin.
In fact my main goal is tarrbiyyatul islammiyyah,which little or no attention is paid to in our Muslim schools. May Allah guide us.Aameen.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Response To Those Who Regard Some Innovated Matters As Good, Such As Mawlid / Were Muhammad (saws) And Ibrahim (as)'s Parents Infidel Or In Hell-fire? / Essential Parts, Obligatory Actions & Sunnahs Of Hajj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.