Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

The Menace Of Contract Jobs In Nigeria Today - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Menace Of Contract Jobs In Nigeria Today (796 Views)

Contract Jobs? ......Share your Experience / Contract Jobs / Interested In Human Resources? View HR Jobs In Nigeria Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Menace Of Contract Jobs In Nigeria Today by Chaboski(m): 7:06am On Apr 29, 2015
HND? Does it sound like HIV? To me, I strongly believe they are entirely different in structure, characteristics and morphology but to employers of labour in Nigerian banks, it seems it sounds like HIV in their ears, because it is very hard to fathom a situation where we are usually box to the corner to tender OND as highest certificate when we have HND or ask for additional professional certificates like ICAN, CIBN, ACCA before one can be given a full staff status but on the other hand, a University degree in Astrology (For example) needs no additional qualification, since the person is a university graduate, he is better than the best HND product in every aspect of banking. What an aberration and unspeakable act from those that claims to be professionals and astute bankers in Nigerian banking system. Imagine a situation whereby trained accountants from reputable Nigerian polytechnics are in the cage as paying cashiers and a university degree in any discipline, even Jumpology ( If it existed) will be given order from his or her seat. This is nothing but gross indiscipline and lack of common sense which is not very common because people loose their senses whenever they want to preserve an act order to make profit. That is the situation in Nigerian banks. Imagine a situation where a full staff commits an offence and for the little fact that a contract staff (HND) was involved indirectly I bet you he will be sacked instantly why I pray these new Govt. Can stabilise it because some are not born to serve and others born to rule... angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Menace Of Contract Jobs In Nigeria Today by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 29, 2015
Eeeeyyaaa... I understand how you feel bro...

I hope those in charge of labour in Nigeria looks into it...But please try and get either ICAN, ACCA , et al, it's relevant in the industry and could give you the respect you desire. ..

then, this serves as an eye opener to Jambites, struggle and get a Uni admission. ...

All d best... smiley
Re: The Menace Of Contract Jobs In Nigeria Today by OlaRB(m): 1:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
This is not being experienced by HND holders alone. Graduates are being abused in the job market day in day out. Imagine a BSc. holder on contract for three five years in an organisation exprecially financial institutions on a meager salary of #50,000.00 or less. People in this situation stay on the job hoping in due time considering their dedication and contribution to the organisation service delivery they will be made a full staff only to spend decade as a contract staff.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bilfinger Salamis Oil And Gas Scam / Latest Opportunity!!! Jobs For Graduates @ Mtn / Latest Job Recruitment At African Development Bank (afdb)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.