Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

How Buhari Broke My Heart – Comedienne Helen Paul Opens Up - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Buhari Broke My Heart – Comedienne Helen Paul Opens Up (2868 Views)

Comedienne Helen Paul Gorgeous In Stunning Makeup Photos / #IStandWithNigeria: Comedienne Helen Paul Protesting (Video, Photo) / Comedienne Emmanuella's Profile: What You Don't Know About Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Buhari Broke My Heart – Comedienne Helen Paul Opens Up by itseedris(m): 7:09am On Apr 29, 2015
Comedienne Helen Paul is not your regular entertainment persona, unlike most of her peers in the entertainment industry, the “Jara” presenter is always interested in Nigeria’s political discourse.

Adding her voice to the “bring back our girls campaign,” the mother of two writes down her views and disappointment in President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari recent statement that he can not guarantee the safe return of the kidnapped Chibok girls.

Read her piece as published on The Trent below:

Hmmm… it’s one year and some days now since the Chibok girls have been missing. Yet, the days are still counting because we have no clue about their whereabouts.

This is a very sad development indeed. No doubt, it was a disappointment that the outgoing government failed to locate and rescue the girls from the hands of their Boko Haram abductors.

As a mother, who knows what the pains of child labour and child upbringing are all about, I heaved a sigh of relief when Muhammadu Buhari emerged winner of the presidential election.

It was not because I like him more than Jonathan, but because I listened to one of his campaigns, where he promised to bring back the girls if elected into office. Perhaps, Nigerians elected him on that premise.

I feel that, at least, it will be a great achievement for whoever locates and brings back the girls to their respective families.

In fact, whoever achieves that will be celebrated as a hero all over the world. But then, I have seen another reason to believe that all politicians are the same.

Their modus operandi may only be different. A few days ago, exactly when it clocked one year that the girls had been missing, Buhari broke my heart, just like that of other Nigerians when he said his government could not promise to bring back the girls! I felt really devastated because that comment was a sharp contrast to the promises he made to all Nigerians and the world at large during his campaigns.

Honestly, I try not to be disappointed because you can always expect anything from Nigerians, politicians in particular. They can promise heaven on earth during campaigns, but the moment they get to power, they promptly renege on their promises. Such is life in this part of the world where we find ourselves.

I tried to put myself in the shoes of the parents, relatives and neighbours of the missing girls, who, perhaps, solicited votes for the retired General after hearing his campaign promise that he would bring back the girls. How will they feel now hearing him say something to the contrary?

There is an adage in Yoruba that says ‘omo eni ku san ju omo eni sonu lo,’ meaning that it is better for someone’s child to die than to be missing.

I can imagine the different thoughts and imaginations that would have saddled the minds of those girls’ parents. If the girls are dead (which I don’t pray for anyway), the parents will mourn for sometime and recover, but that they are missing is another experience entirely.

More worrisome is the fact that the parents have to nurture the wound till this moment, and not even with any hope of sort in sight. Wahala dey o! Come to think of it, where are those prophets, Imams and native doctors who claim to have all the powers in the world?

Where are those native doctors we watch on Africa Magic who can disappear and appear to make things happen? Or they only exist on Africa Magic? Where are the prophets and Imams who always claim to us that they communicate directly with God?

Are they all sleeping or they have just been deceiving people all along? In a country like Nigeria where people believe so much in spiritual powers, I expect someone to have used same power to rescue the girls, if they truly exist. I have been thinking aloud on this issue for a long time.

Can’t the association of witches and wizards also do something about it with their powers? After all, Oyinbo men have witches and wizards to, but they use their own powers positively.

Some of the results of it are the aeroplanes, computers and other things we call technology. But black men use their own witch and wizard powers to destroy fellow humans.

They can be here in Nigeria and use spiritual powers to ‘control’ someone in faraway Australia, but they cannot ‘control’ ordinary Boko Haram here to release our precious girls. This is just my imagination.

Those spiritual powers may not be true anyway; perhaps we have such a mentality about them because of the movies we watch. But in every nonsense, there can be some iota of sense.

I’m just thinking aloud with my ‘jargons,’ but I’m sure there are lessons we can learn from it.

Disclaimer: The opinion expressed in this article is solely that of the author and does not represent the official view of Hub201.
Re: How Buhari Broke My Heart – Comedienne Helen Paul Opens Up by baski92(m): 7:13am On Apr 29, 2015
Story
Re: How Buhari Broke My Heart – Comedienne Helen Paul Opens Up by Yungwhy(m): 7:15am On Apr 29, 2015
True

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Broke My Heart – Comedienne Helen Paul Opens Up by Holatunde007(m): 7:16am On Apr 29, 2015
Thought they were in a relationship ni sha

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Broke My Heart – Comedienne Helen Paul Opens Up by temitemi1(m): 7:20am On Apr 29, 2015
Apc is scam, buhari is undecided undecided undecided. GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Broke My Heart – Comedienne Helen Paul Opens Up by Ikwerreboy(m): 7:33am On Apr 29, 2015
Re: How Buhari Broke My Heart – Comedienne Helen Paul Opens Up by Yustash001(m): 7:41am On Apr 29, 2015
#BRINGBACKOURGIRLS#....
Re: How Buhari Broke My Heart – Comedienne Helen Paul Opens Up by silverdam(m): 7:44am On Apr 29, 2015
temitemi1:
Apc is scam, buhari is undecided undecided undecided. GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
Since he's a scam and he broke Helen Paul's heart.

Well, I will advice you and Helen Paul to kuku go to Sambisa forest to bring back our girls.

4 Likes

Re: How Buhari Broke My Heart – Comedienne Helen Paul Opens Up by Young03(m): 8:00am On Apr 29, 2015
I feel ur pains madam
calm down...just de folow me 4 bak de look dem

na dia way sha
Re: How Buhari Broke My Heart – Comedienne Helen Paul Opens Up by Holatunde007(m): 8:59am On Apr 29, 2015
temitemi1:
Plea to right authorities I thought dis guy should have been reprimanded by now WTF
Well some days to go.............loading........93.01%

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Broke My Heart – Comedienne Helen Paul Opens Up by enoqueen: 10:55am On Apr 29, 2015
TRUE talk oooo.
Re: How Buhari Broke My Heart – Comedienne Helen Paul Opens Up by TheSonOfMark(m): 12:40pm On Apr 29, 2015
Holatunde007:
Thought they were in a relationship ni sha

LOL. Nigerians and their craving for sensationalism...
Re: How Buhari Broke My Heart – Comedienne Helen Paul Opens Up by TheSonOfMark(m): 12:44pm On Apr 29, 2015
Holatunde007:

Plea to right authorities I thought dis guy should have been reprimanded by now WTF
Well some days to go.............loading........93.01%

He should be reprimanded, right? To stifle the freedom of speech like Buhari tried with AIT, right? Dead on arrival!
Re: How Buhari Broke My Heart – Comedienne Helen Paul Opens Up by DharmyYinks: 2:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
A whole year n half a month. Hmmm diaris God oo sad
Re: How Buhari Broke My Heart – Comedienne Helen Paul Opens Up by ifyndy(f): 3:04pm On Apr 29, 2015
For all I caare, missin children is nt real all was a set up plan Right Frm daaay 1. And. Comin up wif d news of their release, sorry not everyone believd ur stories.
Re: How Buhari Broke My Heart – Comedienne Helen Paul Opens Up by BecaciaBarbie(f): 5:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mtchewwwwww!!!!! Nonsense!!!!
Buhari said "I can't promise" he didn't tell us he wouldn't try! For Pete's sake he is only a human and not God ! Helen Paul can goto hell with her stuupid opinions a beg!
She's obviously one of Buhari's haters, disguising as a "person who is truly concerned about the missing girls" yinnmu

Its funny how the "Losers" are always ready to criticise and attack every step being taken by the incoming president, when he is even yet to be swornn in. Smh! Pained losers.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Broke My Heart – Comedienne Helen Paul Opens Up by Faremisodeeq(m): 6:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
Dis should be on fp

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Moutuary Attendant Faints After 'dead' 92 Year Old Woman Wakes Up Screaming / Michel Majid And Wife Virna Renew Wedding Vows 10 Years After Wedding (photos) / Michelle Williams Wears Ankara And Braided Twists On The Red Carpet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.