Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) (69456 Views)

How Nigerian Soldiers At The Battlefield Communicate With Their Commanders. PICS / Buhari To US: A Refusal To Arm My Troops Cos Of "So-called Human Rights Violat.. / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Funjosh(m): 7:07am On May 01, 2015
tonychristopher:
BUT WHY DID THIS MAN SAY ALL THESE WHEN OJUKWU AND MEN THAT FOUGHT WARS WERE ALIVE, WHY IS THIS COMING UP NOW, WELL I HAVE SEEN HIS HEROICS, THEY PRODUCED GENERALS THAT CRIED

The Biafran army was a rag-tag hurriedly trained group, blockaded, barely armed and without food. Yet in spite of these daunting odds, they engaged a Nigerian army that was both numerically superior and brimming with an endless flow of sophisticated weapons supplied by Great Britain and Russia amongst others in deadly combat for almost three years.

A look at other historic battles would confirm the celebrated gallantry of the Biafran soldier. By the beginning of the 2nd world war in 1939, France was a world power who had one of the largest established armies in the world. In preparation for the much-expected German invasion, the French had also constructed the famous "Maginot line" which was an impregnable defensive fortress. German forces eventually attacked France on the 5th of June 1940; by the 25th of June 1940 France had capitulated. It is instructive to note that In spite of the formidable defensive armada, and a well trained heavily armed French army, it took just about three weeks for the German forces to defeat the French.

On the 1st of September 1939 German forces had also similarly attacked Poland. By the 6th of October 1939 Poland had surrendered. The war had lasted only five weeks. Even more spectacular was the German conquest of Holland, which began on the 10th of May 1940, by the 15th of May 1940, only five days, Holland had surrendered. Indeed it took the Germans less than a total of four months to conquer the whole of mainland Europe.

Israeli exploits in the volatile Middle East are another example of exceptional military prowess. Between the 5th of June and the 10th of June 1967, the Israeli army engaged a combination of the whole Arab armies and defeated them in just six days in what is now famously known as "the six day war." In another Arab, Israeli conflict known as the Yom Kippur war from the 6th of October to the 26th of October 1973, Israeli armed forces once again defeated a combination of Arab armies in just three weeks.

In all of these conflicts, it is instructive to note that the conflict was between well-armed and established armies. In the case of Biafra, the Nigerian armed forces confronted a rag-tag army, which was virtually unarmed and lacking food, yet in spite of these overwhelming disadvantages, the Nigerian army failed to score a victory in a full-scale war for three years. It is indeed a great testament to the gallantry and doggedness of the Biafran soldier, that whereas well armed French, Belgian, Dutch troops, Arab armies etc capitulated in conflict in a matter of days and weeks, the Biafran soldier without food or arms, fighting almost with his bare hands, withstood the heavily armed Nigerian armed forces in a historic full-scale war for close to three years. As the philosopher George Edward Woodberry said, "Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure." Join me in celebrating the Biafran soldier!

What is this one saying
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by pazienza(m): 7:14am On May 01, 2015
sukkot:
so a yoruba man named banjo was leading the biafrans ? buahahaha so you needed a yoruba man to lead you ? no biafran leaders ? your greatest warrior was a yoruba man ? CASE CLOSED

Ojukwu felt that letting a Yoruba man lead the match to Lagos will send the Yorubas a strong message that Biafra wasn't invading them, but on a hunt of the Northerners that had decided to use Lagos ( Yorubaland) as a base for their aggression against the East.

That was Ojukwu's error and misjudgment, a ruthless and patriotic Igbo leading that mission would have led to success. Lagos would have been liberated of Northerners and the North would have also lost their sea access, they would have fallen apart like the East did, and forced to relocate their capital up north.

The mission was a surprise mission, it required pace and element of surprise to work, but Banjo killed that element of surprise when he stopped the match at Edo for days, at which time news had already spread to the Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by superstar1(m): 7:16am On May 01, 2015
Ponponkon:
Our men were busy fighting the USA,France,German and Egyptian. Troopes that fought on the side of Nigeria thinking that your god Adekunle would have been noble enough to come to the war front but he chosed to kill infants anyway

Show us pictures of those mentioned countries soldiers fighting on Nigerian soil. I am waiting.

Even if they fought, who bloody cares, they were paid, just like the French Israeli, Gabon Tanzania, Cote 'Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Sweden, Vatican etc also sent their soldiers to you too. Shikena.

The bottom line is -- it is either your women and children that were fighting the war OR your men are grossly irresponsible, that are only good for your hamlet square bare chest wrestling contest over Ngozi and Ada.

How can the men leave the women and children defenceless and they were running away? How can only the men be looking well fed during the war and the women and children were looking like walking corpse? Na wa o.

No story.

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by sukkot: 7:17am On May 01, 2015
pazienza:

Ojukwu felt that letting a Yoruba man lead the match to Lagos will send the Yorubas a strong message that Biafra wasn't invading them, but on a hunt of the Northerners that had decided to use Lagos ( Yorubaland) as a base for their aggression against the East.

That was Ojukwu's error and misjudgment, a ruthless and patriot Igbo leading that mission would have led to success. Lagos would have been liberated of Northerners and the North would have also lost their sea access, they would have fallen apart like the East did, and forced to relocate their capital up north.

The mission was a surprise mission, it required pace and element of surprise to work, but Banjo killed that element of surprise when he stopped the match at Edo for days, at which time news had already spread to the Nigerians.
regarding the bolded, So we both accept that ojukwu was as clueless as GEJ ? buahahahah ike eba aka agbari ojukwu the clueless one grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Remarkable: 7:19am On May 01, 2015
ekenedegreat:
Stop ranting!! the soldiers mentioned were not yorubas rather, they were hausas. Yorubas cannot and will never fight a war due to their cowardice.

Don't spoil the party for them! its entertaining seeing them gloat and saying that yorubas are Spartans and conquered 50,000 biafrans... tales, tall tales and boasting to high heavens of their greatness! (Inside them though, they know how the rest of Nigerians view them... so allow them to have a lil fun lol)
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by superstar1(m): 7:20am On May 01, 2015
sukkot:
regarding the bolded, So we both accept that ojukwu was as clueless as GEJ ? buahahahah ike eba aka agbari ojukwu the clueless one grin grin grin

Gbam.

How will he not be clueless? He never led any war expedition. Not even one. Just one. As in ONE battle. None.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by superstar1(m): 7:22am On May 01, 2015
Remarkable:

Don't spoil the party for them! its entertaining seeing them gloat and saying that yorubas are Spartans and conquered 50,000 biafrans... tales, tall tales and boasting to high heavens of their greatness! (Inside them though, they know how the rest of Nigerians view them... so allow them to have a lil fun lol)

That was a misinformation.

The correct information is 129 Spartan-like routed a battalion of the marauding Biafra Bandits and scuttled their eternal dream.

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by sukkot: 7:23am On May 01, 2015
superstar1:

Gbam.

How will he not be clueless? He never led any war expedition. Not even one. Just one. As in ONE battle. None.
right ? lmao. i get time for these biafra chest beaters today. today we will hash out our problems and return to the table of brotherhood and one nigeria or we will declare armageddon on NL.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 7:23am On May 01, 2015
islandmoon:
the igbos are known for gra gra! that is why we called them The chest beaters but Yorubas are known for intelligence and tactics that is why Ojukwu failed, imagine just that man dealing with them, he said no other person should fire, if na igbo man he go stand on the bridge with all his soldiers come dey beat chest...heheheheh!
i hope my igbo babe wont get to read this, not my fault dating igbos, they are easy to get, just hold money !! but yoruba girl will scrutinize you and your background, not just about money for yorubas..we value moral and integrity, that was why we voted for buhari but igbos voted for jonah cos he gave them dollars, lots of money..

Bros, you are very right. Yoruba girls can worry ehn. Find it difficult dating a Yoruba girl.

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by whitecat1: 7:25am On May 01, 2015
This is the sort of articles we need to remind the Kobokobo that we whooped their asses once and will do it again.

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by pazienza(m): 7:28am On May 01, 2015
sukkot:

Ojukwu love and trust of Yorubas led to strategic mistakes that led to Biafra sustaining fatal injuries that led to Biafra 1.0 untimely death. Hindsight is said to be 20/20, but nevertheless, let me point out Ojukwu's errors.

1. Ojukwu trusted and misunderstood Awo, he never really understood Awo like Zik did. He failed at dealing with the Awo situation.

2.Ojukwu had a close friend in Aluko, who he shared many secrets he shouldnt be sharing, secrets about Biafra that Aluko readily made available to the Nigerians.

3. Ojukwu misunderstood the nature of the Yoruba man, he had a poor knowledge of what a quintessential Yoruba stands for , his nation history and how his reasoning process works.
Ojukwu out of sentiments, entrusted the Lagos expedition, Biafra's lottery ticket to standing a chance of winning the war, on Banjo, another Yoruba man, who ultimately sabotaged/ failed to complete the mission.

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by pazienza(m): 7:30am On May 01, 2015
Ojukwu failure to deal with the "Yoruba problem", led to fatal injuries to Biafra.
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by sukkot: 7:31am On May 01, 2015
pazienza:

Ojukwu love and trust of Yorubas led to strategic mistakes that led to Biafra sustaining fatal injuries that led to Biafra 1.0 untimely death. Hindsight is said to be 20/20, but nevertheless, let me point out Ojukwu's errors.

1. Ojukwu trusted and misunderstood Awo, he never really understood Awo like Zik did. He failed at dealing with the Awo situation.

2.Ojukwu had a close friend in Aluko, who he shared many secrets he shouldnt be sharing, secrets about Biafra that Aluko readily made available to the Nigerians.

3. Ojukwu misunderstood the nature of the Yoruba man, he had a poor knowledge of what a quintessential Yoruba stands for , his nation history and how his reasoning process works.
Ojukwu out of sentiments, entrusted the Lagos expedition, Biafra's lottery ticket to standing a chance of winning the war, on Banjo, another Yoruba man, who ultimately sabotaged/ failed to complete the mission.

nice nice nice. keep digging that grave. more admitting the cluelessness of this ojukwu fellow. he must be related to GEJ. two clueless men. giving the most strategic position in your army to a man ( banjo ) you dont know the true nature of

4 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by tonychristopher: 7:32am On May 01, 2015
Ask your father
Funjosh:

What is this one saying
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by tonychristopher: 7:34am On May 01, 2015
Shirley07:

You're a dolt. If you know nothing about Ilorin, just shut up.
It was the yorubas in Ilorin that actually alligned with the Fulani for them to break away from Oyo empire. Unfortunately they didn't know the fulani would turn against them after the battle is won.
In other words, they shot themselves in the foot.
I'm sure you also don't know what happened to these same Fulani when they wanted to capture Oyo empire. Infact, the real battle was at Ogbomosho where the Fulani were dealt with in large no. Now, that's a real war, not your Ojukwu hide and seek game.

Yoruba man and talk ..brag brag brag

That doesn't stop the fact Nigeria know you as cowards. And comedians will crack jokes with that
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by hardbody: 7:37am On May 01, 2015
januzaj:
o worth kin won hate awolowo......chai....see dem

You are dead right. Awolowo brought this on us and that is why i hated him till death and also the reason the just got God denied him the opportunity of tasting presidential leadership at any point in his life even though he cried that even if it is for an hour he will be satisfied and fulfilled. He obviously died an unfulfilled man.
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by hardbody: 7:42am On May 01, 2015
whitecat1:
This is the sort of articles we need to remind the Kobokobo that we whooped their asses once and will do it again.

When cats mew they actually need milk. You made sense only to yourself..

Get it straight. No tribe in Nigeria whoooped igbos. Nigeria ganged up with foreign nations and we took them on for 1,2,3, ....yes three solid years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by tonychristopher: 7:43am On May 01, 2015
Remarkable:

They are very boastful and cowards

A Yoruba man was boasting how he will beat an edo man when the edo man slapped the yoruba man he took off...when I met the man I asked himwhy he run ...he said that the edo man is too small and he will. Not fight him at ring road

We know them well ...they are even afraid of igbos so tay to live in igbo land na fear ...if u see them here in lagos their fight na shouting fight no fistcuff

How I wish they could attack igbo with all their bragging and let's settle this once and for all

Before ore there is ondo etc all these areas were Yoruba land and biafra,met no resistance

Bravery is scarce in Yoruba land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by oneeaast: 7:44am On May 01, 2015
xenten:

Check the Election figures from the eastern states. I am sure that the little votes GMB could get were from Hausas and Yorubas living in the east.
oh really? keep lying so hausas re the ones that voted for rochas? apc need a grassroot education in the east.
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by tonychristopher: 7:47am On May 01, 2015
Why won't Yoruba take a stand always leaning on others

Look at awolowo saying if igbo go. They go

Igbo left for 3yrs
Yoruba did not declare

Till today

Bunch of ingrates cowards
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by superstar1(m): 7:48am On May 01, 2015
Bravery and wisdom were demonstrated when we sent the Evil Genius back to Minna. They were demonstrated when we confronted the dark-goggled devil's incarnate Abacha, sent him back to the world beyond and never allowing him to realise his dream -- all with minimal casualty.

That is bravery. That is wisdom. That is leadership.

All that are scarce commodities in people that run away leaving their women and children behind; people that fought T72 tanks with cassava stick and people that their leaders were never at the war front, ate all their foods and still had the audacity to run away.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Remarkable: 7:48am On May 01, 2015
Duru1:

Why would you not believe the crap from the goofy character since you believed Lt Col Francis Fajuiyi begged to die with Gen Ironsi. It was the same Osun propaganda Yoruba are capable of generating. It is funny that 8th Battalion under Major Ochefu had become 129 Nigerian army personals of shaky Yoruba natives.
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by pazienza(m): 7:50am On May 01, 2015
The Yoruba Problem

1. The Yorubas were never going to support Biafra in the war against the North, as doing that would have led to Yorubaland being the battle ground between the North and the East, with loss of property and lives in Yorubaland, while the East and North and their people remain in peace.

2. Yorubas still have a huge part of their territory and people trapped in the geographical North( Kwara and Kogi), through the Kogi, Kwara and Islam( about half of Yorubas are Muslims) Yorubas will always have a strong sense of connection to the North and sympathy to their causes, don't let anyone deceive you.

3. Yorubas stood to gain nothing if the East left the federation, as they were much interested in partaking in the newly discovered oil wealth of the East. And if the East left, the Yorubas would become a minority to the North and slaves to a new country containing them and the North, the Yorubas needed the East in Nigeria to help balance out the North and give them( Yorubas) a little freedom.
If they had declared Odua republic, they would be easily invaded and outran by the North, who would need the sea access the West offered, they( Yorubas) are too close, geographically to the Arewa north.

This was the Yoruba problem in 1967, and remains a Yoruba problem today. Yorubas can never be neutrals in any conflict between the East and North. They will be stupid to be neutral or support the East, there is simply nothing for them to gain from such.

Yorubas will always be natural political enemies of Ndiigbo, it's no fault of theirs, it's the only way they can go, if they are not to incure losses as a people.

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by superstar1(m): 7:52am On May 01, 2015
tonychristopher:
Why won't Yoruba take a stand always leaning on others

Look at awolowo saying if igbo go. They go

Igbo left for 3yrs
Yoruba did not declare

Till today

Bunch of ingrates cowards

The same Awolowo moved the motion for inclusion of secession clause in the constitution, Igbos were the ones that rejected it.

That is foresight, which is a luxury in some people's lexicon.

Bunch of greedy slaves.

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by superstar1(m): 8:02am On May 01, 2015
pazienza:

The Yoruba Problem

1. The Yorubas were never going to support Biafra in the war against the North, as doing that will lead to Yorubaland being the battle ground between the North and the East, with loss of property and lives in Yorubaland, while the East and North and their people remain in peace.

2. Yorubas still have a huge part of their territory and people trapped in the geographical North( Kwara and Kogi), through the Kogi, Kwara and Islam( about half of Yorubas are Muslims) Yorubas will always have a strong sense of connection to the North and sympathy to their causes, don't let anyone deceive you.

3. Yorubas stood to gain nothing if the East left the federation, as they were much interested in partaking in the newly discovered oil wealth of the East. And if the East left, the Yorubas would become a minority to the North and slaves to a new country containing them and the North, the Yorubas needed the East in Nigeria to help balance out the North and give them( Yorubas) a little freedom.
If they had declared Odua republic, they would be easily invaded and outran by the North, who would need the sea access the North offered, they are too close, geographically to the Arewa north.

This was the Yoruba problem in 1967, and remains a Yoruba problem today. Yorubas can never be neutrals in any conflict between the East and North. They will be stupid to be neutral or support the East, there is simply nothing for them to gain from such.

Yorubas will always be natural political enemies of Ndiigbo, it's no fault of theirs, it's the only war they can go, if they are not to incure losses as a people.

Another make me feel good conjectures.

Yorubas that are in Kwara and Kogi are there because of the artificial state creation. The same way you keep claiming there are people of Igbo descents in virtually all SS states. There is nothing you can do about it. Culturally they might be Igbo, if they accept, but politically they are in SS. Likewise the igbos in benue, they are not in SE, they are in NC.

Culturally they are Yorubas and based on.political division, they are in NC. The same with all other large ethnic groups in the country.

1. Have you forgotten that igbos connived with the hausas for secession clause not to be included in the constitution

2. Have you forgotten that Zik licked the northern blocos once again to.form .government with Balewa.

3. Have you forgotten that Arthur Nzeribe called for the annulment of June 12, which was implemented by IBB.

4. Have you forgotten that Daniel Kanu was busy jumping around the country organising 5million man match for Abacha with Youth Earnestly Asked for Abacha Campaign

Igbos have been caressing the northern a55 from time immemorial and you are known to.be inconsequential in the scheme of things.

No ethnic grouped has dealt blows to the north in this country than.the Yorubas. No wonder the Emir of Kano had to cry out that -- Yorubas are the only stumbling block to them from ruling this country as their father's estate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by pazienza(m): 8:03am On May 01, 2015
Awo took the right decision for the Yoruba nation by aligning with the North, he simply had no choice, as doing otherwise would have led to heavy loss of lives and property to the Yorubas.

Banjo must have equally been forced to do a rethink half way through the expedition.

If Ojukwu had a grasp of the "Yoruba problem", he would have seen them and treated them as what they were, and will always be to the Igbo nation, Mortal and natural enemies.

It's not the fault of Yorubas, neither is it the fault of Ndiigbo, but that's the way things are, and you bring great pain to your people as an Igbo or Yoruba, if you fail to acknowledge and understand the "Yoruba problem".

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by revolt(m): 8:09am On May 01, 2015
Jokay07:
half of the weapons? Lwkmd grin then why did Ojukwu embark on the mission even after he was begged to stop. You see, you need to start blaming ojukwu for nt being tactical enough and being visionless for wasting lives of my people. He knew he didn't have enough weapons to fully attack the N.A yet, he was so dumb to continue. grin
nigeria attacked biafra, and thus drew first blood. Biafra was defending all thru the war. Stop spreading calumny. Only reason they headed to lagos was cos tht was the enemies capital.
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Anayordike(m): 8:15am On May 01, 2015
What's the motive for this post? God is watching you guys and will pay you all handsomely for all your hatreds. Be ware!
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by superstar1(m): 8:15am On May 01, 2015
revolt:
nigeria attacked biafra, and thus drew first blood. Biafra was defending all thru the war. Stop spreading calumny. Only reason they headed to lagos was cos tht was the enemies capital.

Will it not have been better if they had headed northwards, towards Kaduna?

That would have made the war to still be a Northern and SE affairs. With that, the North will not have a choice than pull out some of their men to defend their land.

But alas, your fixation on Lagos since 1940 made the clueless Ojukwu to see Lagos as Kaduna, ordering the attack of neutral Mid-Western and Western Regions.

Of course, we recalibrated his malfunctioning compass for him with just that golden.number of 129.

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by sukkot: 8:18am On May 01, 2015
pazienza:
Awo took the right decision for the Yoruba nation by aligning with the North, he simply had no choice, as doing otherwise would lead to heavy loss of lives and property to the Yorubas.

Banjo must have equally forced to do a rethink half way through the expedition.

If Ojukwu had a grasp of the "Yoruba problem", he would have seen them and treated them as what they will always be to the Igbo nation, Mortal and natural enemies.

It's not the fault of Yorubas, neither is it the fault of Ndiigbo, but that's the way things are, and you bring great pain to your people as an Igbo or Yoruba, if you fail to acknowledge and understand the "Yoruba problem".
another admission as to the clueless nature of the ikemba. and ermmm we yorubas are not a problem. we are happy to have a one nigeria. the problem is the biafra problem. you niggaz can hardly run your states but you want to create your own country. everyday 10 thousand igbo men run away from the east to move to lagos and other progressive yoruba states. why do you want your own nation if you cant run your states ? listen man you dont have the brain power to run an independent country so it is in your best interest to return to the table of brotherhood and let us make this nigerian thing work. together we stand and divided we fall. what say you eh ? cheesy wink

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by revolt(m): 8:18am On May 01, 2015
superstar1:

Another make me feel good conjectures.

Yorubas that are in Kwara and Kogi are there because of the artificial state creation. The same way you keep claiming there are people of Igbo descents in virtually all SS states. There is nothing you can do about it. Culturally they might be Igbo, if they accept, but politically they are in SS. Likewise the igbos in benue, they are not in SE, they are in NC.

Culturally they are Yorubas and based on.political division, they are in NC. The same with all other large ethnic groups in the country.

1. Have you forgotten that igbos connived with the hausas for secession clause not to be included in the constitution

2. Have you forgotten that Zik licked the northern blocos once again to.form .government with Balewa.

3. Have you forgotten that Arthur Nzeribe called for the annulment of June 12, which was implemented by IBB.

4. Have you forgotten that Daniel Kanu was busy jumping around the country organising 5million man match for Abacha with Youth Earnestly Asked for Abacha Campaign

Igbos have been caressing the northern a55 from time immemorial and you are known to.be inconsequential in the scheme of things.

No ethnic grouped has dealt blows to the north in this country than.the Yorubas. No wonder the Emir of Kano had to cry out that -- Yorubas are the only stumbling block to them from ruling this country as their father's estate.
do ur research plssss.... Those few igbo individuals u named are still hated and considered as igbo saboteurs till this day. Trust me ZIK cannot even stand in ojukwus shoes till this day in history, arthur nzeribe, did u actually mention tht name... Get ur fact guy. The greatest sellouts in the south have always come from the west the june 12 saga was cos abiola was yoruba and nt in the interest of nigeria in general, tht was basically partisan. Shikena .
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 8:23am On May 01, 2015
sauceny:

But no body heard of the yorubas during the civil war,you guys went into hiding like a puppet.

Yoruba isn't in the history books of the civil war.
You have not read your history book well enough, if no body heard of the Yoruba during civil war then the like of Obasanjo, Adekunle and other yoruba soldiers who dealt a big blow to the biafran soldiers must be Idomas.

One thing you should know is if not for Yoruba the Biafran soldier would have won the war no mater the international backing the Nigerian govt got

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore Meets Bobrisky At The Airport (Photos, Video) / Sobur Olawale Slumps, Dies During APC Jos Presidential Campaign / APC Presidential Primaries: Delegate, Isa Baba Buji Dies In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.