Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) (69435 Views)

How Nigerian Soldiers At The Battlefield Communicate With Their Commanders. PICS / Buhari To US: A Refusal To Arm My Troops Cos Of "So-called Human Rights Violat.. / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by pazienza(m): 8:24am On May 01, 2015
superstar1:

Another make me feel good conjectures.

Yorubas that are in Kwara and Kogi are there because of the artificial state creation. The same you kep claiming there are people of Ignorance descents in virtually all SS states. There is nothing you can do about it.

Culturally they are Yorubas and based on.political division, they are in NC. The same with all other large ethnic groups in the country.

1. Have you forgotten that igbos connived with the hausas for secession clause not to be included in the constitution

2. Have you forgotten that Zik licked the northern blocos once again to.form .government with Balewa.

3. Have you forgotten that Arthur Nzeribe called for the annulment of June 12, which was implemented by IBB.

4. Have you forgotten that Daniel Kanu was busy jumping around the country organising 5million man match for Abacha with Youth Earnestly Asked for Abacha Campaign

Igbos have been caressing the northern a55 from time immemorial and you are known to.be inconsequential in the scheme of things.

No ethnic grouped has dealt blows to the north in this country than.the Yorubas. No wonder the Emir of Kano had to cry out that -- Yorubas are the only stumbling block to them from ruling this country as their father's estate.

There was never a time the British left the Nigerian people to decide on disintegration of their Zoo( Nigeria), there was never a secession clause. That matter had long been trashed on Nairaland here.

Zik was a man who understood the " Yoruba problem", and dealt with it, his alliance with the North and Awo's treachery that led to it, had also been trashed on Nairaland many times.

Have you forgotten that it was an Igbo man, Humphrey Nwosu that was the NEC chairman that declared Abiola the winner of the election, even when it was rumoured that Abiola had boasted that he didnt need Ndiigbo to win the election.

Have you forgotten that Idiagbon a Yoruba man was the Vp to the then tyrant Buhari, have you forgotten that Awo also became a house boy to another Northern tyrant Gowon with the support of the whole Yoruba nation. Have you forgotten that even as we speak, the Yorubas have helped another Northern tyrant into power, and a Yoruba man remain his VP.

The Fulani match to capture the rest of Yorubaland was only stopped by the British, you have them to thank, you were never a match to your Northern masters! With you lots having your kiriji wrestling matches amongst yourselves, the Northern( Fulani) match to Lagos Atlantic ocean would have been smooth and with No resistance.

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by revolt(m): 8:24am On May 01, 2015
superstar1:

Will it not have been better if they had headed northwards, towards Kaduna?

That would have made the war to still be a Northern and SE affairs. With that, the North will not have a choice than pull out some of their men to defend their land.

But alas, your fixation on Lagos since 1940 made the clueless Ojukwu to see Lagos as Kaduna, ordering the attack of neutral Mid-Western and Western Regions.

Of course, we recalibrated his malfunctioning compass for him with just that golden.number of 129.
I knw u may nt be grounded in art of war but going northwards wd mean fighting a war of attrition. Attacking the capital on the other hand wd put nigeria on defensive, capturng the capital (lagos) would mean liberating their allies in the west and thus building up a stronger opposition against the northern onslaught. It wasn't viewed on tribalistic axioms and premises as u ppl only see... And it wud shock u there were large supporters of the move ie ppl tht were tired of the northern domination of lagos and the west etc.
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Remarkable: 8:27am On May 01, 2015
sukkot:
YEAH AND YOUR BIAFRAN SOLDIERS WERE LED BY A GALLANT YORUBA WARRIOR SOLDIER NAMED BANJO. CASE CLOSED.

Banjo was give authority to lead the troops... and he..Banjo... fled... again... see why a particular people are seen as cowards? ... always afraid... and began fleeing from fights even before Ojukwu eventually went on exile?
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by superstar1(m): 8:30am On May 01, 2015
revolt:
I knw u may nt be grounded in art of war but going northwards wd mean fighting a war of attrition. Attacking the capital on the other hand wd put nigeria on defensive, capturng the capital (lagos) would mean liberating their allies in the west and thus building up a stronger opposition against the northern onslaught. It wasn't viewed on tribalistic axioms and premises as u ppl only see... And it wud shock u there were large supporters of the move ie ppl tht were tired of the northern domination of lagos and the west etc.

Allies bawo? E gba mi o. We have never been allies and we can never be. Our only allies East of the Niger are the Midwestern people of Edo and Delta.

Looking at your strategy in retrospect, is it not obvious that it was a failure. the other strategy would have drawn away the army from your land, to defend their towns, thereby taking the war to them.

You would have built a buffer for your land that could have been used to negotiate, if you were able to hold your conquered territories for a while.

You attacked neutral regions, uninvited and without even asking them for safe passage, creating enmity and suspicion.

4 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by pazienza(m): 8:31am On May 01, 2015
sukkot:
another admission as to the clueless nature of the ikemba. and ermmm we yorubas are not a problem. we are happy to have a one nigeria. the problem is the biafra problem. you niggaz can hardly run your states but you want to create your own country. everyday 10 thousand igbo men run away from the east to move to lagos and other progressive yoruba states. why do you want your own nation if you cant run your states ? listen man you dont have the brain power to run an independent country so it is in your best interest to return to the table of brotherhood and let us make this nigerian thing work. together we stand and divided we fall. what say you eh ? cheesy wink

We know of Ojukwu shortcomings, but he remains a hero. Hindsight is vision 20/20, Yorubas already had centuries of dealings with the hostile North and even hostility towards each other. Ndiigbo never had such. In the East there was relative peace, even though the area was ethnically heterogeneous. We knew next to nothing about Yorubas, now we do. We have the Yorubas figured out.

It is left for the younger Igbo generation to learn from the mistakes of Biafra 1.0, Biafra 2.0 must be a success.

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by sukkot: 8:32am On May 01, 2015
Remarkable:

Banjo was give authority to lead the troops... and he..Banjo... fled... again... see why a particular people are seen as cowards? ... always afraid... and began fleeing from fights even before Ojukwu eventually went on exile?
biafra education at work. how do you expect to run biafra if you can barely speak english ? cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by sukkot: 8:34am On May 01, 2015
pazienza:

We know of Ojukwu shortcomings, but he remains a hero. Hindsight is vision 20/20, Yorubas already had centuries of dealings with the hostile North and even hostility towards each other. Ndiigbo never had such. In the East there was relative peace, even though the area was ethnically heterogeneous. We knew next to nothing about Yorubas, now we do. We have the Yorubas figured out.

It is left for the younger Igbo generation to learn from the mistakes of Biafra 1.0, Biafra 2.0 must be a success.
yeah a hero that wore brazillian wig and high heels as he was escaping through the seme border cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by revolt(m): 8:37am On May 01, 2015
superstar1:

Allies bawo? E gba mi o. We have never been allies and we can never be. Our only allies East of the Niger and the Midwestern people of Edo and Delta.

Looking at your strategy in retrospect, is it not obvious that it was a failure. the other strategy would have drawn away the army from your land, to defend their towns, thereby taking the war to them.

You would have built a buffer for your land that could have been used to negotiate, if you were able to hold your conquered territories for a while.

You attacked neutral regions, uninvited and without even asking them for safe passage, creating enmity and suspicion.
oga face it, the neutrsal region hapnd to be the capital of nigeria and where the onslaught was planned from,, and yes there were sizeable supporters of the revolt against the northern onslaught in the west. If u don't know read up the cocoa farmers uprisings etc
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by superstar1(m): 8:41am On May 01, 2015
pazienza:

There was never a time the British left the Nigerian people to decide on disintegration of their Zoo( Nigeria), there was never a secession clause. That matter had long been trashed on Nairaland here.

Zik was a man who understood the " Yoruba problem", and dealt with it, his alliance with the North and Awo's treachery that led to it, had also been trashed on Nairaland many times.

Have you forgotten that it was an Igbo man, Humphrey Nwosu that was the NEC chairman that declared Abiola the winner of the election, even when it was rumoured that Abiola had boasted that he didnt need Ndiigbo to win the election.

Have you forgotten that Idiagbon a Yoruba man was the Vp to the then tyrant Buhari, have you forgotten that Awo also became a house boy to another Northern tyrant Gowon with the support of the whole Yoruba nation. Have you forgotten that even as we speak, the Yorubas have helped another Northern tyrant into power, and a Yoruba man remain his VP.

The Fulani match to capture the rest of Yorubaland was only stopped by the British, you have them to thank, you were never a match to your Northern masters! With you lots having your kiriji wrestling matches amongst yourselves, the Northern( Fulani) match to Lagos Atlantic ocean would have been smooth and with No resistance.

Nigerians wrote the constitution of 1956 and if they all resolve to include it, they could have. At least, they all spoke in one voice concerning independence, why not in favour of secession.

We are talking of politicians you are talking of military rulers. In the military anybody can be anybody's deputy. In politics you will choose your running mate. Your Idiagbon angle is null and void.

Jega just demonstrated what Humphrey Nwosu was lacking. The stealth and nerve to dare all consequences. The same Nwosu never finished announcing the result just because Halilu Akilu harassed him the same way Orubebe harassed Jega. Another act of cowardice from an Igboman.

Zik could align with the North in 1960, so what stopped Awo from aligning with same in 1967? At least Zik started it and Awo played Igbos in their own game. Do me I do you, God no go vex? Simple.

See this revisionist.
Read about the Jalumi war and how the fulanis were dealt eternal blow. The Oluyole warriors routed them. Read up on the battle of Ognomosho and the resounding beating they got.
The only place they ever had a good hold on was Ilorin and that was because there was already a large population of muslims in Ilorin, which they connived with to oust Afonja, who they saw as an idol worshipper.

That was even a connivance of the yorubas and the fulanis that were muslim.

Tell us one single war ever fought by your forefathers. Tell us one single land ever conquered by your forefathers. Cowardice is passed down through the gene.

No wonder the children and women were dying and the men were running in mini skirts to Abidjan, the women and children were looking like walking corpse and the men were looking robust and well fed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 8:45am On May 01, 2015
stan4guy6:
Nigeria defeated Biafra with aid of u.k and Soviet union
that is exactly what happened. When the war started,our enemies thought it was something they will finish in just 3months because they know that biafrans doesn't have arms and ammunitions at their disposal and nobody was supporting biafrans. But to their greatest surprise the war lasted for 3yrs.

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by omooba969(m): 8:45am On May 01, 2015
FreeGlobe:

when will yorubas fight a single war without hiding behind hausas? when will yoruba reclaim kwara and parts of kogi? smh

Fighting war is an achievement for enemies of progress like u ppl but u av neva won any. U must be thinking dat there r winners in wars, NO mate, every1's a loser !

U need a fresh & well tutored orientation my brother, in fact YOU NEED A NEW BRAIN !!! undecided
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by superstar1(m): 8:45am On May 01, 2015
revolt:
oga face it, the neutrsal region hapnd to be the capital of nigeria and where the onslaught was planned from,, and yes there were sizeable supporters of the revolt against the northern onslaught in the west. If u don't know read up the cocoa farmers uprisings etc

You are talking of Agbekoya war
See this one. Read up and know the true cause of the war and not your tales by moonlight story.

You made a mistake by attacking neutral regions, which clearly showed how low the strategy acumen of your 33year old bearded bandit leader was. If he was really keen on attacking only Marina, he could have gone through the sea.

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by omonnakoda: 8:49am On May 01, 2015
omooba969:

Fighting war is an achievement for enemies of progress like u ppl but u av neva won any. U must be thinking dat there r winners in wars, NO mate, every1's a loser !

U need a fresh & well tutored orientation my brother, in fact YOU NEED A NEW BRAIN !!! undecided
From.......?
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Shirley07: 8:51am On May 01, 2015
tonychristopher:

Yoruba man and talk ..brag brag brag

That doesn't stop the fact Nigeria know you as cowards. And comedians will crack jokes with that
Only brave men builds great empires which the yoruba did unlike your fore fathers who were only good at eating humans.
Heck! You Ibos don't even have ancestral history, you don't know where your projenitors came from. No wonder you people keep attaching to the Israelites. What a shame!
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Lushore1: 8:52am On May 01, 2015
pazienza:

You are making sense now but i doubt if igbo in general learnt anything from the war. I hope there wont be any war between igbo and yoruba as you cant simply win any war if you think your supposed enemy is a coward.

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by ayusco85(m): 8:55am On May 01, 2015
fuckerholic:

Fool of history,so if you are told that childish lie you cheapishly belive it ? Yorubas are the most unfortunate species of people that happened to nigeria. Ask an hausa man

U igbos are just plain rude, filled with hate and so annoying. U haven't moved on from the losses incured from the civil war. U can't continue living like this. Stop the hate arrgance. U shld be mad at ur Ojukwu for misleadiing u lots, not the hausas and yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Demmzy15(m): 8:56am On May 01, 2015
sauceny:

You are proud,but aren't recognised in the history books of the Nigerian civil war,where real men were fighting....
Yes they're recognized, Benjamin Adekunle, Ibrahim Taiwo, Olusegun Obasanjo et al. This were great men who fought for Nigeria to be one, why is that you guys hate Yorubas so much?! shocked

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by vicadex07(m): 9:02am On May 01, 2015
oneeaast:
another dull brain..
read again..

Who the furck is this

Eurobomber, is this your alternate moniker cos I don't remember quoting this mofo.

Now run along son angry
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Shirley07: 9:05am On May 01, 2015
tonychristopher:

They are very boastful and cowards

A Yoruba man was boasting how he will beat an edo man when the edo man slapped the yoruba man he took off...when I met the man I asked himwhy he run ...he said that the edo man is too small and he will. Not fight him at ring road

We know them well ...they are even afraid of igbos so tay to live in igbo land na fear ...if u see them here in lagos their fight na shouting fight no fistcuff

How I wish they could attack igbo with all their bragging and let's settle this once and for all

Before ore there is ondo etc all these areas were Yoruba land and biafra,met no resistance

Bravery is scarce in Yoruba land

Fool like you won't know the Biafrans passed through Benin-Ore road enroute to Lagos. They wanted to invade and capture Lagos the way they invaded Benin. Bunch of thieves and cowards.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by xenten: 9:06am On May 01, 2015
DelticStephEn:

boy,the land u are talking abt were u d one dat paid its money for us?
did u allow us to thrive in ur land for free?
are u d one paying our house rent?
are u d one dat bought d land for us?
are u d one feeding us with ur own money?
then y then are u relating allowing us to thrive in ur land with cowardice?
then wat should we be gr8ful to u for?
boy u no get talk at all.
come to delta state & see ur yoruba brodas working in oil sectors /firms here. & we ar not complaining or threatening dem.
but dat my igbo bodas are hustling in a land they paid d money for,paid their tax,feed demsef,paid for their house rent,
& u lazy yorubas are making noise evry where to be gr 8ful to u & also vote. 4 ur candidate or else u through dem in a lagoon.
hehehehehe,more develop dan us?
guy no dey disgrace urself here.
is there any development in yoruba land apart from lagos?
& dat is. Y evry yoruba are claiming to be a lagosian.
just take a look at d typ of house u yorubas are still building & living in in dis. 21st century.
mud house with rusty red zinc.
is dat wat u called development?
God forbid. am sure u are typing from one of those mud house with rusty red zinc,dats y u hvn't step ur foot in delta state to. see tins for ursef. & how developed we are.
as 4 d creek,it 's only meant 4 MEN. & not cowards.
u shuld also try being a man by coming for excusion at d creek sumtym.
it is called tourism & as for d Oil,datz one of d major reasons u lazy bastard(yorubas) kip clamouring for one nigeria.
hhehehehe. .my God,
dis boys are funny.

I can still see that common sense is not for everybody especially not for people like you. If you are that industrious go back to your creeks and turn them into industrial cities. stop drinking Ale and aafato. they are affecting your sense of self-worth.
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 9:09am On May 01, 2015
Demmzy15:

Yes they're recognized, Benjamin Adekunle, Ibrahim Taiwo, Olusegun Obasanjo et al. This were great men who fought for Nigeria to be one, why is that you guys hate Yorubas so much?! shocked

Abi its your people that hates igbos like no tomorrow...
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by pazienza(m): 9:12am On May 01, 2015
superstar1:

We are talking of politicians you are talking of military rulers. In the military anybody can be anybody's deputy. In politics you will choose your running mate. Your Idiagbon angle is null and void.

Jega just demonstrated what Humphrey Nwosu was lacking. The stealth and nerve to dare all consequences. The same Nwosu never finished announcing the result just because Halilu Akilu harassed him the same way Orubebe harassed Jega. Another act of cowardice from an Igboman.

Zik could align with the North in 1960, so what stopped Awo from aligning with same in 1967? At least Zik started it and Awo played Igbos in their own game. Do me I do you, God no go vex? Simple.

See this revisionist.
Read about the Jalumi war and how the fulanis were dealt eternal blow. The Oluyole warriors routed them. Read up on the battle of Ognomosho and the resounding beating they got.
The only place they ever had a good hold on was Ilorin and that was because there was already a large population of muslims in Ilorin, which they connived with to oust Afonja, who they saw as an idol worshipper.

That was even a connivance of the yorubas and the fulanis that were muslim.

Tell us one single war ever fought by your forefathers. Tell us one single land ever conquered by your forefathers. Cowardice is passed down through the gene.

No wonder the children and women were dying and the men were running in mini skirts to Abidjan, the women and children were looking like walking corpse and the men were looking robust and well fed.

If Ndiigbo were made villains by the actions of military men of Igbo stock, then it's only fair that all the actions of other military rulers be used to judge their people, Nzeogwu was carrying out an Igbo agenda, therefore Idiagbon must be carrying out a Yoruba agenda and his actions/ inactions represents that of Yorubas.

Humphrey Nwosu stood against a military might, and still declared a Yoruba man a victor, he risked his life to do that, while your weeping General Was crying before the military might. Jega was up against a civilian regime, your analogy is flawed.

We know the circumstances that led to Zik alliance with the North, blame your Awo for that.

As an Igbo, emotionally I feel sad that Awo aligned with the North in 1967, but the strategic me, would have thought him, a fool, if he did otherwise. His decision was the best for Yorubaland, too bad that what's best for Yorubaland would always be bad for Igboland and vice versa.

Fulanis were on their way to conquering Yorubaland, you lots have the British to thank for stopping that.With huge Muslim population in Yorubaland, the conquest would have been done and dusted in a day.

Igbo forefathers were not war mongers, they were not coverteous that they will seek to conquer other people and their lands, they lived in relative Peace and harmony with their non Igbo neighbors, little wonder the East is full of many small ethnic groups, the Igbos never believed in conquest and assimiliation, they had conflicts, but on a minor level. The Igbo man principle is "bili kam bili"( live and let's live). If that be taken for weakness, then so be it.

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Trijay: 9:25am On May 01, 2015
Yawns#...igbo ppl can't stop dragging der names 2 d mud. Just concede defeat and shut d f up. The bottom line is dat d biafran soldiers lost and did so woefully. I understand ur tribe is clearly bittered bout d outcome of d war. But d blame should b thrown at ur clueless ancestors and so called heroes...end of story...#yawns again

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by tonychristopher: 9:31am On May 01, 2015
Shirley07:

Fool like me won't know the Biafrans passed through Benin-Ore road enroute to Lagos. They wanted to invade and capture Lagos the way they invaded Benin. We omo odua are Bunch of thieves and cowards.

ok
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Shirley07: 9:36am On May 01, 2015
pazienza:

Ojukwu love and trust of Yorubas led to strategic mistakes that led to Biafra sustaining fatal injuries that led to Biafra 1.0 untimely death. Hindsight is said to be 20/20, but nevertheless, let me point out Ojukwu's errors.

1. Ojukwu trusted and misunderstood Awo, he never really understood Awo like Zik did. He failed at dealing with the Awo situation.

2.Ojukwu had a close friend in Aluko, who he shared many secrets he shouldnt be sharing, secrets about Biafra that Aluko readily made available to the Nigerians.

3. Ojukwu misunderstood the nature of the Yoruba man, he had a poor knowledge of what a quintessential Yoruba stands for , his nation history and how his reasoning process works.
Ojukwu out of sentiments, entrusted the Lagos expedition, Biafra's lottery ticket to standing a chance of winning the war, on Banjo, another Yoruba man, who ultimately sabotaged/ failed to complete the mission.

Love for Yorubas by bombing Lagos, killing innocent yorubas on the streets?
Love for Yorubas by invading into Ore without informing the Yorubas of their plans?
Love for yoruba by killing defenseless innocent people at Ore?
Love for yoruba by killing their leaders in the first coup?
Heck, you people had no love for yourselves, let alone of someone else. You people invaded Benin and killed majority of their people, stealing their money and properties yet you only wanted to pass peacefully to Lagos? If yorubas didn't fall for your lies then, we won't do it now.
Eediots like you expect Banjo to fight his people for your stup!d cause. You should know Yoruba warriors are not cowards like you. They are warriors that won't leave their people to suffer, they will rather suffer than let their people take the fall. That can't be said of your warriors.
Bunch of greedy and selfish chest beating goats.

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by oneeaast: 9:41am On May 01, 2015
vicadex07:

Who the furck is this

Eurobomber, is this your alternate moniker cos I don't remember quoting this mofo.

Now run along son angry
who the Bleep re yu to mention igbos and dont want a quote.
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by tonychristopher: 9:43am On May 01, 2015
Shirley07:

Only brave men builds great empires which the yoruba did unlike your fore fathers who were only good at eating humans.
Heck! You Ibos don't even have ancestral history, you don't know where your projenitors came from. No wonder you people keep attaching to the Israelites. What a shame!

which empure is it the one annihilated left right center by fulani then women from dahomey or Benin or the one that biafran moved till ore ....which empire if i may ask
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by tonychristopher: 9:46am On May 01, 2015
sukkot:
biafra education at work. how do you expect to run biafra if you can barely speak english ? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Is english the pre requisite for administration...is English your language no wonder with all the English you speak ibadan and ife is desolate
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by tunde1200(m): 9:47am On May 01, 2015
that is reall point my guy and they hate yorubas with passion....

eliment:
The Yoruba solders were the headache of the Biafran solders during the civil war, we dealt with them so much they were defeated on all front led by Yoruba solders.

It is understandable they hate us so much knowing the Yorubas are more tactical and efficient when it comes to action
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Miscellaneous(m): 9:48am On May 01, 2015
xenten:

Because we allow you to stay and thrive in our land does not mean we are cowards. We love peace and progress that is why we are more developed than you and your brothers. With all the oil wealth that flows from your lands, you guys still live in creeks and on stagnant stinking ponds of waters. You fight and kill your own people all because of silly greed in the name of nepotistic visions of you controlling your oils. Where are those you silly brothers agitating for realization of the Niger-Delta dreams. They are now so fat they dont want to die. I even thought you guys threatened "No Jonathan No Nigeria"? bunch of disillusioned drunken wrapper tying losers.

Just get this fact straight & stop running your slack mouth ……… No other tribe can try what the ibos did for only 5months. But they did it for almost 3years..... over 3million ibos were killed in the war yet today they are still even more populous than ever before & the present generation of ibos hardly practise polygamy…… God is with them; I'll be frank with you.

For the records, I'm not related to the ibos in anyways.......
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by vicadex07(m): 9:51am On May 01, 2015
oneeaast:
who the Bleep re yu to mention igbos and dont want a quote.

You this "OSU" boy meant as sacrifice for the gods is also claiming igbo grin grin grin

Your people don't even recognize your existence. You have been eternally damned to everlasting condemnation here on earth and in the afterlife grin

Quote me again and I will give u a full genealogy of your "OSU" ancestors grin
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by superstar1(m): 9:59am On May 01, 2015
pazienza:

If Ndiigbo were made villains by the actions of military men of Igbo stock, then it's only fair that all the actions of other military rulers be used to judge their people, Nzeogwu was carrying out an Igbo agenda, therefore Idiagbon must be carrying out a Yoruba agenda and his actions/ inactions represents that of Yorubas.

Humphrey Nwosu stood against a military might, and still declared a Yoruba man a victor, he risked his life to do that, while your weeping General Was crying before the military might. Jega was up against a civilian regime, your analogy is flawed.

We know the circumstances that led to Zik alliance with the North, blame your Awo for that.

As an Igbo, emotionally I feel sad that Awo aligned with the North in 1967, but the strategic me, would have thought him, a fool, if he did otherwise. His decision was the best for Yorubaland, too bad that what's best for Yorubaland would always be bad for Igboland and vice versa.

Fulani was on the way to conquering Yorubaland, you lots have the British to thank for stopping that.With huge Muslim population in Yorubaland, the conquest would have been done and dusted in a day.

Igbo forefathers were not war mongers, they were not coverteous that they will seek to conquer other people and they lands they lived in relative Peace and harmony with their non Igbo neighbors, little wonder the East is full of many small ethnic groups, the Igbos never believed in conquest and assimiliation, they had conflicts, but on a minor level. The Igbo man principle is "bili kam bili"( live and let's live). If that be taken for weakness, then so be it.

Idiagbon was the CGS and not the HOS. Put any blame on Buhari. Are you afraid of facing the northerners or what?

Revisionist, show us where Humphrey Nwosu ever declared Abiola the winner, the way Jega declared GEJ the winner in 2011 and GMB in 2015.

Another revisionism. A man must be responsible for his action. He went into alliance with northerners and sold southerners to them. End of story. We know the reason why he did that. The British threatened him with jail term for his corrupt practises if he does not form government with the north. As a coward that he is, he back pedalled. He should have damn the consequences and formed government with Awo. All your other lies are just for Zik to save his face and deflect attention away from his corruption charges, that the British had against him.

The British did wetin? The liberalism of yorubas allows you to.embrace and worship whatever like you. But, you dare not enforce your believe on others, be it stone or wood. If people convert willingly, there is no crime in that. We did not see our war against the fulanis as religious, we saw it as a threat to a yoruba nation and statehood and we fought back accordingly. People that later converted did by their own conviction and involution. The same goes for christianity. That is why the 2 religions can co-habit even with traditionalist with minimal tension. We do not have any British to thank for anything.

Rather, you should thank the British and be paying royalties to them for the next millennium, for stopping you from dancing round a pot of boiling human being, for showing you how to build enduring houses, for bringing you down from tree tops and for teaching you how to build towns.

All great empires all over the world from the Saxons, to the Egyptians Greeks, Mongols, Romans, Hun Chinese, etc are expansionist and imperialistic in nature. Telling us your forefathers are not war mongers clearly showed the state of their evolution at that point in time and the military laziness, mental primitiveness and their lack of ambition and vision.

Without any apology to anybody, I am.proud of being a descendant of an empire building, military ruthless, all conquering, spiritually aware, physically endowed, imperialistic great yoruba culture and tradition.

Was never defeated and can never be defeated.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply)

Photos Of Kidnapped Kankara Students After Their Release / Zahra, Buhari’s Daughter Chatting With Osinbajo (pix) / Reno Omokri Lists President Tinubu’s Achievements In One Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.