Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) (69427 Views)

How Nigerian Soldiers At The Battlefield Communicate With Their Commanders. PICS / Buhari To US: A Refusal To Arm My Troops Cos Of "So-called Human Rights Violat.. / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by hardbody: 5:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
Oduduwaboy:

Ojukwu is the worst war General ever ....he abandoned his people at the hour of need . How does a General desert his own army ? Great Generals either win a war or die in the war but the pseudo -General Ojukwu voted with his feet !

Your history is very bad. was Ojukwu a General?

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by shamecurls(m): 5:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
I personally dont call it a war as i believe that the word WAR hyped the status quo as at that time....... Its was GENOCIDE

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Mogidi: 5:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ilekeh:

Don't worry, Boko haram will soon join y'all to post rubbish. Biafra lasted 3 years, Boko haram lasted.....is still there.

How many years did the Yorubas last? You got it, zero years, too afraid to confront the cookie monster up north.

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by januzaj(m): 5:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
shamecurls:
I personally dont call it a war as i believe that the word WAR hyped the status quo as at that time....... Its was GENOCIDE
o worth kin won hate awolowo......chai....see dem

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by tonychristopher: 5:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
Brugo:

Their fathers were defeated. The sons were defeated on March 28 2015. They will not hold any federal power unless by the mercy of the very ones they despise.

Defeated people.

DO YOU HAVE SHAME AT ALL...I PITY

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by IYANGBALI: 5:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ilekeh:
And they want to try it again.

Yorubas can strategize....... they use their brain. They think before acting lol.

How APC a newly aligned opposition party was able to win PDP, the largest political party in AFRICA in less than 4 years is BEYONDDDDD me. Guess who was behind APC, a Yoruba man.

Buhari campaigned since 2003......lost 3 times...... he won when he aligned with who? APC. Thanks to which region? YORUBA grin

I'd fear Yorubas too. Explains why Igbos want Yorubas to war with Hausas-Fulani. That's why they agitate for Yorubas to "fight for their own country". This is our country....and we will continue to fight for NIGERIA.

Until Yorubas want no more Nigeria, nothing go happen.
yes ooooooooo. Shebuzo come join me dance sekem

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by benzylas(m): 5:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
eliment:
one thing you should know is that all the casualties suffered by Biafran soldiers were caused by Yoruba led fronts. It is a fact that Yorubas are more tactical in war than any other tribe in Nigeria
if i must be plain to you.Biafrans lost because of the help countries like UK..,EGYPT RUSSIA USA gave to the Nigerian side.despite the small number of soldiers the Biafrans fought and stood against Nigerian side who got air support from Egypt. the Biafran war techniques and technologies amazed the entire world that was why the Nigerian side and her allies resorted to hunger strike as a way of dealling with the Biafrans.

GO READ YOUR HISTORY BOOKS

4 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by enigstil(m): 5:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
I dont seem to understand what all this tribalism in Nigeria is all about?its one of the major reasons why we dont seem to move forward in Nigeria.Can we kindly look inward and start seeing things objectively,for how long do we have to continue like these,and we say we want a better Nigeria.If the Vietnamese didnt put the horrors and pain of what the Americans did to them,will they allow all the American companies on their soil exist till today.Lets put all the tribalism stuff behind us.I wonder what Nairaland is all about,when i see people posting tribalistic stuffs on it,r they not supposed to be banned.Not until we start seeing ourselfs as one i dont think we will ever move forward.GODBLESS US ALL AND GODBLESS NIGERIA,MAY ALL OUR EFFORTS MANIFEST IN BEAUTY.

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Brugo(m): 5:57pm On Apr 30, 2015
tonychristopher:

DO YOU HAVE SHAME AT ALL...I PITY

It's the ugly truth.
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by tonychristopher: 5:58pm On Apr 30, 2015
I would beg to disagree the fact that the biafran army though poorly armed were able to withstand the onslaught of well equiped nigerian army for three years was due to exceptional bravery but rather as it was then and it is now ,nigerian army is not capable of winning military engagement unless of course it is against bloody civilian.the fact that the fight lasted for three years is due to failure on the part of nigeria military high command.
Did Nigerian army ever tell us the number of dead soldiers sustained against rag-tag rebels in LIBERIA and SIERRA LEONE ,LET the war was not even won militarily.The officers rather involved in diamond trade than military tatics.
Though I do salute all oppresed people of the world in general and the biafrans in particular who choose against all odds to fight and die on their feet rather than crawl and die on their knees.RIP to all those who lost their lives on both side of the conflict

......It is indeed a great testament to the gallantry and doggedness of the Biafran soldier, that whereas well armed French, Belgian, Dutch troops, Arab armies etc capitulated in conflict in a matter of days and weeks, the Biafran soldier without food or arms, fighting almost with his bare hands, withstood the heavily armed Nigerian armed forces in a historic full-scale war for close to three years.........

Point of correction.. The Biafra soldiers fought not only the Nigeria Armed forces but also a combined mercenary fighters from Britain, Russia and Egypt. hundred GBOSAS to our Gallant heroes!!!

IT'S NOT YET OVER UNTIL IT'S FINALLY OVER!

THE BIAFRA campaign is far from being over. He, who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day. Another very good opportunity for the Ndigbos to have their own sovereign country, has presented itself through the Niger Delta crisis. This time around, I believe that they have a better chance of succeeding. It took some countries more than 40 yeras to finally have their own sovereign countries.

The greatest tribute Ndigbos can pay to their fallen soldiers is to ensure that they have died in vain. And the only way to achieve that is to make sure that biafra, that they laid down their lives for, eventually emerges.

NDIGBO KWENU!!!

7 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by IYANGBALI: 5:59pm On Apr 30, 2015
shamecurls:
Self destruction
omo Igbo suffer gan during this senseless war o,see dem kwashiokor and ie eba ojukwu come tu le and abandon his people. Now I know why dey so much hate Awolowo,the man deal with dem no be small grin

4 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by tonychristopher: 6:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
Brugo:

I am the ugly truth.

u said it all

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by slimbiggy(m): 6:01pm On Apr 30, 2015
chiefinalowo:
biafran soldiers were visionless..
Can you imagine biafran soldiers were going to the Great Yorubaland to fight Federal Forces with Cassava sticks.

firstly, those who were in the heart of the battle rarely talks of it.

Secondly, the so called visionless biafran soldiers who were ill equiped wiped a large no of nigerian soldiers.

Thirdly, till now the nigerian forces do not want 2 count their losses.

Finally, till the lion's historians tell its tale, the world would always laud the hunter.

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
whats with yoruba obsession with Biafra.
the crisis of the sixties was mainly between the North and the Easterners but you hardly hear the Northerners talk about Biafra but once the yoruba hear anything about Biafra,Ibo or Ojukwu they go into frenzy.
whats all this.
this thread will soon get to page 20.

4 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by tonychristopher: 6:02pm On Apr 30, 2015
There is a parable that you can take a monkey out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the monkey.

your reasoning puts you at the same level with a black monkey.

Congratulations because your so called "trusted" leaders have only succeeded in ruling monkeys like yourself into the "stone age."

Your disgrace of a nation, where there are no roads, no food, no water, no electricity,no hospitals, no schools, rotten human corpses on the streets, crunching poverty is the legacy and achievement of your " trusted" leaders.

Shame on you bigtime! With the disgraceful condition your "trusted" thieving leaders have put your useless Nigeria, you and your gang of inferior lowlife monkeys are already no better than dead bodies.

You can carry your useless shameful Nigeria go! Nobody will miss such a jungle of a nation. We cant wait to be rid of incestuos, corrupt, incompetent buffoons like yourself and your so called trusted leaders.

No sane group of people would want to be part of your monkey republic that is a shame to the blackrace and humanity.

Reputation ke? What a laughable masquerade! what reputation does you and yours have with the nation wrecking corrupt thieves being paraded from your tribe on a daily basis?

Is it the celebrated nation destroyers and robbers like Obasanjo, Kenny Martins, Patricia Etteh, Grange, Kenny Martins, Akinloye, Fani Kayode, Tafa Balogun, Bode George, Iyabo Obasanjo, Borishade and the endless list of looters from your neck of the woods that has given the nation a good name in the world?

Or is it the gang-of northern murderers,incompetent nation wreckers and robbers like Abacha, Babangida, Umaru Dikko, Jerry Useni, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Atiku Abubakar, Bamanga Tukur, Adamu Ciroma and the endless list of rogues that has given the nation a good name in the world?

Arent you ashamed of your miserable self and nation?

If your nigeria ruled by your "trusted" thieves and robbers is so good, why did you flee to become a refugee and nuisance in America?

Can you compare your incompetent, inferior lowlife so called "trusted" thieving leaders to the worldwide, internationally respected incorruptible technocrats like -------------------
Ngozi Iweala--Presently World Bank Managing Director?
Oby Ezekwesili--presently World Bank Vice-President?

How many of your so called "trusted monkeys with good reputation" have ever achieved such international positions?

Not to talk of other superior, highly achieving proffesional technocrats like Chukwuma Soludo, Dora Akunyili etc who have remained incorruptible in a sea of corruption such as Nigeria populated by your corrupt thieving group?

We need to separate the wheat from the chaff.

If i had my way, i will line up inferior lowlifes like yourself and your group who has kept Nigeria in the stone age through your inferiority and incompetence and give you the Adolf Hitler treatment in concentration camps. You and yours are not fit to live. Yeye inferior monkey.

excuses for the incompetence and cowardice of your Nigerian army.

Circumstances and situations exist in every war, no need rehashing them here.

The Nigerian army or high command had 1 month, 2 months or at least 3 - 4 months to correct any of their mistakes and win the fullscale war against a Biafran army that had no arms, but the war dragged on for almost 3 years, inspite of every advantage the nigerian army had.

Kindly go back and read the arcticle again. If Germany could defeat Holland in only 5 days, and a world power like France in only 3 weeks, then the Nigerian army should have defeated Biafra in 2 weeks at most.

Take a look at your nigerian map again, and compare the size of the areas that ganged-up to fight Biafra, and you would celebrate or even worship the courage and resistance of the Biafran soldier.

As for the future of Biafra, who are you to decree that Biafra will not rise again?

How much power have you had to decree your dysfunctional and sinking Nigeria into a better nation to be able to decree Biafra's future?

People like you also said years ago, no blackman can rule America, today a blackman is on the verge of ruling America.

I am not surprised that people like you, wish Nigeria to continue in spite of the monumental failings and disgrace the nation has become.

There is no love in Nigeria and the contradictions have held it down.
Continue dreaming that your useless Nigeria that parades only thieving incompetent tribal leaders will not break.

Soon, before your very eyes, Niger-Delta, Arewa, Odua and Biafran republics will take their place among the comity of nations.

God has decreed it and no man can change it.

But this man is saying this now that the real heroes are gone

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by tonychristopher: 6:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
doxime:
whats with yoruba obsession with Biafra.
the crisis of the sixties was mainly between the North and the Easterners but you hardly hear the Northerners talk about Biafra but once the yoruba hear anything about Biafra,Ibo or Ojukwu they go into frenzy.
whats all this.
this thread will soon get to page 20.

nwoke nucha ogu nwanyi enwere akuko

it is said that when men fight women owns the gist

Yorubas are proving that Igbo adage true

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by klevjey: 6:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
T9ksy:

http://tribuneonlineng.com/content/how-my-troops-stopped-biafran-soldiers-ore-%E2%80%94col-iluyomade-rtd

Ija ore- oleku...........The battle of Ore was fierce!!!

hmmm...after d yorubas did all that, yet they weren't promoted... now I know why they are called NORTHERN SLAVES...

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Ilekeh(f): 6:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
Mogidi:

How many years did the Yorubas last? You got it, zero years, too afraid to confront the cookie monster up north.

How many years did we last?

Who did we go to war with? lol Too afraid to confront who? The North? Why should we confront the North? It's like asking Yorubas to confront Egbiras. People don't just wake up to war with other groups.

Try again. Your rebuttal sucks

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
It was a very wrong tactics to they n capture Lagos. The people of the SE n SS should have taken a defensive stand and defend their territory at all costs just like the d separatists did in Ukraine.

As for who s coward is, we all kno dem wella.
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by enigstil(m): 6:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
Can people stop posting all this picture that bring back terriblem memories,am not an Ibo man but i feel serious sympathy for them as my fellow brothers and Nigerians.This war did something to the Ibos which most Nigerians dont seem to realise,it toughened them,made them more resilient,and far more enterprising far more than any other tribe in Nigeria.Same happened to the Jews after the second world war,of cos they have always been,but it made them more better in doing business and the act of surviving any terrain.Am a Yoruba man and will always be,but i will forever appreciate my Ibo brothers.GODBLESS NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Decryptor(m): 6:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Stop the chest beating already, the war was largely between the East and the North.

You are above yourselves only and not the Igbo. We are are a special race, blessed by God and will always thrive even in the face of daunting challenges, hatred and adversity. Deal with it!

Don't mind the stupiiid yorubastards! The north were the only ones fighting while they were doing the hiding! grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by paranorman(m): 6:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
blacbard:
it is apalling how innocuous posts
on Nairaland easily degenerate into a rofo rofo fight between Igbos and Yoruba.

you people need to calm down and be reasonable
seriously, this tribal warlords need chill pills, ASAP! this tribal posts are all "screaming 'mayday, mayday' "; mods did nothing!.
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 30, 2015
but if a yoruba commander did that, you would call yorubas coward... right? but when your Ojukwu did that, it was the right thing? that is called double standards.

EUROBOMBER:

I get your point but the truth is that Ojukwu would have been a fool to
have allowed himself fall into the hands of enemy soldiers. Look at the
humiliation Gadafi suffered when he was captured.

If there is no way of escape and a General hands over himself to the
enemy then I will call him a big coward because at that point, he is
expected to either commit suicide or die in battle by taking bullets on
the chest and not the back.

Ojukwu did the right thing by escaping to Abidjan.

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Holuwathoby(m): 6:12pm On Apr 30, 2015
Jokay07:
you are the one that need to re-peruse the article once again and get the fact into your head. What excuse could you give to justify the irrational and reckless decision of Ojukwu who wanted to capture the west without preparing heavily. Yes if he thought that Ore was heavily enforced, why couldn't he moved with great force with sophisticated arms to over run the region. I need to document this article for future reference, moreover we have been seeing the influx of some unlettered chest-beating fellows who would always contravene what transpired at ore which sheer ignorance. . It's more of a logical and tactical understanding for a mere ill-equipped 179 soldiers who fought against multitudes. Winning war is not about making noise and chest beating on internet, try the westerners again and see grin
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by ruffDiamond: 6:12pm On Apr 30, 2015
Yeah laffing hard,forming twistingi history to yr taste . E nor concern us u will the ass licked war bounty to the let jst say the rest of us . Chronic delusion is serious condition go see a doctor abeg if e pain una too much i dont why u are foot dragging and beating chest for nothing making molse with that spineless piece of shit POS children called massob!!abeg make una start anoda one now! If una start anoda one na bastard yr whole generation be ! All this mouth for nothing after d war live with it and die with it or do something make i quote my favourite line again *shoot anything that moves or not moving! Yeah that's more like it pussy
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by tonychristopher: 6:12pm On Apr 30, 2015
THESE YOUR YORUBAS THAT NEVER FOUGHT A CONVENTIONAL WAR YET LOST ILORIN ...
Ilekeh:
Yorubas standing strong:

Brazil
Togo
Benin
Cuba
Haiti
Dominican Republic
Nigeria
Ghana

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 30, 2015
BabaO2:
I am beginning to understand, there was no war, but a greedy dissident moving train set on motion from God foresaken land was stopped and destroyed from entering the canan land of Nigeria. No wonder they will forever bitter. Same way they are still bitter that SW voted out a daft.

we kno the tribe that tops charts of cowardice. No need to mention names

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Rotimi47: 6:13pm On Apr 30, 2015
truefact:
Yorubas are visionless. Awolowo never believed in anything that's why he died like nothing. He is coward. He has no choice of his. Zik bring him to nigeria, Gowon kept him in Nigeria even to this days.

Yorubas fight for your own country. ..Nigeria is not a country. ..

It is Yoruba cowardice and timidity that make them want Igbos to remain in Nigeria. Igbos give those cowards a kind of protection and cover from their masters up north. That is why if igbos secede now, yorubas will secede from their Hausa masters.

Yorubas fight for your country. Nigeria is a mere geographical expression. .didn't your hero said that? You lot are lazy cowards with no vision. Your only vision is ND oil

Your hero committed suicide. Your hero is coward who never fight for your freedom. Your hero had no choice of his, remember Zik made him accept nigeria and Gowon made him stay in Nigeria. Your hero believed nothing and die like nothing. ..WHAT A BIG SHAME
Igbo's are the most coward tribe in Nigeria & this is evident in the Ore clash whereby only 100 plus Yoruba soldiers defeated battalions of Igbo soldiers! Ojukwu is the most coward of all cowards as he never lead any biafran to actual battle & he killed Major Banjo who led the biafran troops to war & gave them the major victories they had during the war but Ojukwu killed him because he was getting too popular & immediately they stated losing on the battle field; As for zik, he cowardice is only 2nd to that of Ojukwu as he was informed of the 1966 coup d'etat & he fled without telling other Nigerian leaders that ain't Igbo's & he never came back for years.

6 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Mogidi: 6:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ilekeh:

How many years did we last?

Who did we go to war with? lol Too afraid to confront who? The North? Why should we confront the North? It's like asking Yorubas to confront Egbiras. People don't just wake up to war with other groups.

Try again. Your rebuttal sucks

I don't want to disrespect Awolowo (my father respects him a lot) but Awolowo was supposed to pull out the SW from the federation, instead he waited for the East to pull out then reneged on their agreement.

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by ketiy77: 6:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Ilekeh(f): 6:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
tonychristopher:
THESE YOUR YORUBAS THAT NEVER FOUGHT A CONVENTIONAL WAR YET LOST ILORIN ...

How did Yorubas lose Ilorin? Are Yorubas no longer in Ilorin or do they no longer control the politics of Ilorin?
To fight a conventional war, do you not need a conventional enemy or do your people just wake up to fight anyone?

4 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Rilwayne001: 6:15pm On Apr 30, 2015
Another bashing thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

The Biography Of Godwin Obaseki, The APC Edo State Governorship Flag Bearer / Edo Decides: They Are Rigging Me Out – Gov Obaseki Cries Out / Akpabio Secretly Donates To Buhari's Campaign?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.