Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,512 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) (69336 Views)

How Nigerian Soldiers At The Battlefield Communicate With Their Commanders. PICS / Buhari To US: A Refusal To Arm My Troops Cos Of "So-called Human Rights Violat.. / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Ilekeh(f): 6:16pm On Apr 30, 2015
Mogidi:

[size=28pt]I don't want to disrespect Awolowo (my father respects him a lot)[/size] but Awolowo was supposed to pull out the SW from the federation, instead he waited for the East to pull out then reneged on their agreement.

Your father was a wise man in this respect.
Even Ojukwu respect Obasanjo and Awolowo before he died.

Awolowo was supposed to kini? Did he gist your father?

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Mrblaze06: 6:17pm On Apr 30, 2015
NAWA ooooooo....yoruba people have friends that are igbo,igbo pple have friends that are yoruba and yet you people engage yourselves in tribal war online.smh for you people
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Sunshinelady(f): 6:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
Seun & d MODs, how can u pple permit such inciteful thread? Wat does d poster hope to achieve? Anoda war here now? We need to look & move forward, & stop digging up thins dat can bring about renewed enemnity. God (or Allah) is neither Nigerian nor biafran. Ur ethnicity ends d day u breath ur last. After wich u ll be faced with judgement, heaven or hell. Shikena!
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
it is to blow of steam... things that we cannot say in real life, we come here to post on nairaland.

Mrblaze06:
NAWA ooooooo....yoruba people have
friends that are igbo,igbo pple have friends that are yoruba and yet you
people engage yourselves in tribal war online.smh for you
people

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Mogidi: 6:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ilekeh:

Your father was a wise man in this respect.
Even Ojukwu respect Obasanjo and Awolowo before he died.

Awolowo was supposed to kini? Did he gist your father?

My dad only respected Awolowo because of the free education he offered in the old western region that Edo state was part of.

Am sure Obasanjo and Awolowo respects Ojukwu too, he did what they couldn't do.

4 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
controversy sells. Se.un and the MODs know that these kind of topics keep people engaged on nairaland.

Sunshinelady:
Seun & d MODs, how can u pple
permit such inciteful thread? Wat does d poster hope to achieve? Anoda
war here now? We need to look & move forward, & stop digging up
thins dat can bring about renewed enemnity. God (or Allah) is neither
Nigerian nor biafran. Ur ethnicity ends d day u breath ur last. After
wich u ll be faced with judgement, heaven or hell. Shikena!
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Rotimi47: 6:23pm On Apr 30, 2015
Mogidi:

I don't want to disrespect Awolowo (my father respects him a lot) but Awolowo was supposed to pull out the SW from the federation, instead he waited for the East to pull out then reneged on their agreement.
that's not true as Ojukwu had an agreement with Awolowo that they will secede from Nigeria at a set time but Ojukwu betrayed him by declaring war before the date, he later told Awolowo that he had to because of the increasing killing of the his people but why did he have to invaded Yoruba land when most Yoruba's were not in support of the war? Greed! If he had waited till the date he & Awo agreed there is no way a civil war will break out but Igbo being self centered always want to prove they are strong or wise & at the end of the day they lost over 2million people.

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Ilekeh(f): 6:23pm On Apr 30, 2015
Mogidi:

My dad only respected Awolowo because of the free education he offered in the old western region that Edo state was part of.

Am sure Obasanjo and Awolowo respects Ojukwu too, he did what they couldn't do.

He still respected Awolowo nevertheless.

No need for explanation, I didn't ask for any.
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Mrblaze06: 6:24pm On Apr 30, 2015
teeowl:
it is to blow of steam... things that we cannot say in real life, we come here to post on nairaland.

my broda the thing tire me kwa...
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by link2jude(m): 6:27pm On Apr 30, 2015
Imagine what the outcome of the war would have looked like if countries like Russia, Great Britain etc stayed out of it.
Those countries supported Nigeria with supplies of arms and sophisticated weapons and they sometimes took active roles against Biafra e.g air attacks.
Biafran army never had one third of the military weapons at Nigerian army disposal and yet the war lasted for three good years. The major problems Biafra army encountered that eventually led to their defeat were hunger, starvation, disease and short of military supplies.

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by princejayboss: 6:30pm On Apr 30, 2015
Jokay07:
you are the one that need to re-peruse the article once again and get the fact into your head. What excuse could you give to justify the irrational and reckless decision of Ojukwu who wanted to capture the west without preparing heavily. Yes if he thought that Ore was heavily enforced, why couldn't he moved with great force with sophisticated arms to over run the region. I need to document this article for future reference, moreover we have been seeing the influx of some aunlettered chest-beating fellows who would always contravene what transpired at ore which sheer ignorance. . It's more of a logical and tactical understanding for a mere ill-equipped 179 soldiers who fought against multitudes. Winning war is not about making noise and chest beating on internet, try the westerners again and see grin

Hahhhahahahaha.... Why I love this Nairaland is that, it's a place kids who refuse to know the truth form their elders (fathers) show case there talent...

While I was working with Israeli energy company, on a joint project with IDF, I came across an 81 years old war lord who lectures with the IDF, when he asked me about my country as a black man... I said Nigeria... He invited me to his house and he gave me a video he made during the war ... As worked in Biafra Region ....

After seeing the video and after listening to his story, he told me that the biggest mistake African nations did was not supporting the Biafra nation.... He said that if Biafra had gotten 1/10 of whatever kind of ammunition the Nigeria soldiers had, that Nigeria could have been a forgotten state .... Not just the weapon, the boarders where closed which led to Nigeria loss of Bakasi peninsula.... With no weapons or real international help, the Biafra nation stood the war for almost 3years....in this three years they produced am armored tank, they produced a bomb ( ogbunijwe ), they produced an electronic receivers, the produced guns and host of other things ( with no international aid )

Some people here thinks the easterners just seceded because they want to.... No... Ojukwu saw his brothers mascaraed in the north a year leading to the war... Over 3000 Igbos died in that riot .... He took the government for an agreement talk in aburi... They reached an agreement and signed .... Same yorubas caused the war to say because it was Awolowo who faulted the peaceful agreement upon their return.....

If UK had find oil in their country like they just did now .... They would have honored the Aburi agreement , their fear was not been sure of controlling the eastern region with Ojukwu at the helm of affair...... Ojukwu died... The world stood still... His burial was the highest state burial we have ever seen in our country.

Lets learn how to live with each other without reminding one person the pain they passed through.... Nigeria as a country ... Igbos have lost lives in the hands of the north... It's all about killing of an igbo whenever the north want to riot or do Thier normal Islamic extremism .... Lets understand Igbos are humans too and loss of her son in Nigeria is becoming normal thing ....

Lets learn to live with each other to avoid another war because this time around things may get more Gasty as all sides are now educated as it will not be an internet war... It will be a real thing where technology will play a big role ......

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by arinze151: 6:31pm On Apr 30, 2015
the war is not over yet so Nigeria should be ready for another war in 2016. we will crush the Zoo in 2016 watch out and See.

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Mogidi: 6:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
Rotimi47:
that's not true as Ojukwu had an agreement with Awolowo that they will secede from Nigeria at a set time but Ojukwu betrayed him by declaring war before the date, he later told Awolowo that he had to because of the increasing killing of the his people but why did he have to invaded Yoruba land when most Yoruba's were not in support of the war? Greed! If he had waited till the date he & Awo agreed there is no way a civil war will break out but Igbo being self centered always want to prove they are strong or wise & at the end of the day they lost over 2million people.

Bros the West was not ready for war, they didn't have the balls like Ojukwu. I think now with hindsight the South realize we would have been better off.

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by sukkot: 6:35pm On Apr 30, 2015
THIS WAS A VERY GOOD READ. RESPECT TO THIS MAN
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by emyphil: 6:36pm On Apr 30, 2015
This nation must stand if you like it or not even if easterner remain one person on earth he must fight and get his freedom.

God kindom on earth

I love BIAFRA

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by auskenfine(m): 6:36pm On Apr 30, 2015
None of us here can fight poo when a real war starts and better don't pray for one. We better pretend we love one another. Ehen.

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by falseman(m): 6:42pm On Apr 30, 2015
In reality the war wasn't won on the battle field. Yorubas fought for One Nigeria so how is our journey so far with the fraud called One Nigeria?

This man is crying out loud that the Yorubas that fought the war was dumped by the Hausas and some fools are jubilating. He wasn't even promoted likewise other core yoruba soldiers.

Truth is Biafra would have surpassed Nigeria in terms of development and infrastructure. Nigeria is only moving closer to its death and I bet this time no one will be willing to fight for it.

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by princejayboss: 6:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
Rotimi47:

Friend Ojukwu did not declare the war... Biafra was on defensive ... Nigeria was on offensive ... So tell me who declared the war now? Awolowo was afraid that the west may not survive on their own ... Which was so wrong....... People says ojukwu starves his people to death ... It was a lie ... This same Awolowo met with Gowon to tell him to close the boarders of Cameron to stop the flow of supply which led to Nigeria losing peninsula of Bakasi.....as of then the red cross supply comes through there .... Now they want the food and other relief supplies to stop at Lagos before going down east... The first came in with poisoned salt to the east.... Ojukwu stopped the supply .... Please try to know more about the war than to talk what you do not know..... If the south south region did not freek out on time the war could have went on the the wire but thank God today ...they have realized the mistake they made ....

Invading Lagos was not to destroy the city but then it was the capital of Nigeria and it is called counter offensive attack ... It could have reduce the attention on the east and most soldiers will be withdrawn from the front in the east.....

If not for the airstrikes from the western world that supported Nigerian ground operation ... They would have Lost.....

Lets respect one another here ... It's not fair to remind the past for some who went through pain .... Igbos are humans ... They showed the quality in them that after taking 3years away from them ... They came up strong and developed their region far ahead of the north and some of the west .... I rest my case

4 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by sukkot: 6:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ponponkon:
You claimed to have fought Biafra from beginning to end,yet,you never rose to the rank of a General nor full Colonel because you are Yoruba and you bottled it up. This man is a coward indeed.You are afraid of North
he is a coward but he alone kicked the arse of 50,000 biafra men. i laugh in sambisa

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Classicalman(m): 6:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
And what did the old man get at the end? Discrimination from the same Hausa soldiers he helped fight against Biafra. Serves his ass right.

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Excel23: 6:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I don't know the Okafor you are talking about but the Biafran commander that completely destroyed Nigerian Army second division at[b] Abagana[/b] is Major Okafor. I think Mark Ibeh Okafor.
joE ashuzie
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Oduduwaboy(m): 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
shamecurls:
I personally dont call it a war as i believe that the word WAR hyped the status quo as at that time....... Its was GENOCIDE
What did Ojukwu call it?
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by olalat(m): 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Our aim was not to attack Yorubas but to capture the capital of Nigeria which was Lagos. The war against Biafra was being planned and on Yorubaland hence the Biafran advance for Lagos.

We intended to capture the state and secure it from the Northerners.

Oga, go and read, Ojukwu was communicating Gowon while he was planning invasion of Nigeria. He did not give any premonition of waging war against his country. He was just being greedy and over ambitious. He put innocent people into unwarranted hardship. Blame your coward hero man. He ran away to fer land Cotonou.
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by vanguard07: 6:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
I will advise the administrators to take down this hate speeches or topic...especially the pictures of starved children used. Let us not underestimate the implications of these hate speeches.

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by princejayboss: 6:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
auskenfine:
None of us here can fight poo when a real war starts and better don't pray for one. We better pretend we love one another. Ehen.

Yes bro that's my message ... Lets pretend we love each other because if war ever come up again ... We will realize the mistake we have done ..... The north will lose more now ... Not even the west
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by oloworulz(m): 6:57pm On Apr 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

After deployment of troops, I rose up from my trench at about 12 midnight, it started to rain heavily, but I told the troops not to leave their trenches. So, we dug in. Then, when I saw the skyline of the vehicles of the Biafran soldiers coming towards us, I shouted that no one should fire except me. And the battle started minutes past midnight. But the bridge was so heavy that they could not penetrate. If they had known that we had a small number, maybe they could have made the effort to penetrate. So we confused them, the place was well secured and we never lost any soldier.

There was no real fight at Ore, recall that Banjo the Yoruba man withdraw and handed over miles of captured territory to Nigeria without a fight!

At the bold part what does he mean by the bridge being so heavy? Notice that he said they confused the advancing Biafran soldiers. What I understand from here is that there was no major confrontation at that bridge; you can see that he said no soldier died. Bro,

This was just a mistake on the Biafran side, if they had moved beyond the said bridge they would have killed all those 179 soldiers there. Besides, we don't know exactly how many Biafran soldiers were involved in that operation. Biafra was fighting at different fronts with the big Nigeria.
bro, u are not intelligent. War is not only about confrontations, tactics is part of it too. The Yorubas tactis was the weapon they used in knocking down the biafrans. You igbos are not just intelligent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by coolebux(m): 7:01pm On Apr 30, 2015
Now, is this one not an inciting topic?

Seun and his yoroober mods has turned this forum to a battlefield.

I'm sure if this topic is against the Waste they will remove it hours ago.

Yorooberland.com

2 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Flameneo(m): 7:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
Nigeria is for all
Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Ugo50: 7:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
A day will come when the young will over the leadership of biafra army,nd u will stop all this talk talk, the biafra of 1960s is not the biafra of 2000s ask the USA about the northkorea, northkorea of 1950s is not northkorea of 2000s,try and you will cee I do know that F G spy on nairaland but this I tell you,WE ARE WAITING!

3 Likes

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by Mrblaze06: 7:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
None of you lots have witnessed WAR...yet you keep shouting war...war is not a child's play...

1 Like

Re: How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) by somegirl1: 7:08pm On Apr 30, 2015
There's nothing remarkable about the defeat of a small, under-equipped, starving army which had suffered betrayal from many sides by a significantly larger, well-equipped army. It would have taken a major miracle for the outcome to have been different and miracles do happen.
What is remarkable however is that the former managed to sustain the war for 924 days despite the challenges.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Peter Psquare Apologises For Seun Kuti's Assault On Policeman, Lagos PPRO Reacts / 2023: Amaechi & El-Rufai Campaign Posters Flood Abuja Streets / Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.