Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,425 members, 7,781,241 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:09 AM

Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack (2662 Views)

10 Terrifying Facts About The Bermuda Triangle. / My Terrifying Experience In Southside Chicago / Japan To Invest $1bn In Lagos Monorail Project.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by olempe(m): 10:49am On Apr 29, 2015
It is a hill start to give even the most confident learner driver nightmares. The Eshima Ohashi bridge in Japan – the third largest of its kind in the world – rises sharply so ships can pass underneath. The concrete road bridge spans a mile across Lake Nakaumi, linking the cities of Matsue and Sakaiminato.

The two-lane concrete road bridge stretches 1.7km or just over 1 mile long and has a width of 11.4 metres making it the largest rigid frame bridge in Japan and the third largest in the world.

It's incredible slope, which has a gradient of 6.1 per cent on the Shimane Prefecture side and 5.1 per cent on the Tottori Prefecture side gives it a rollercoaster-like appearance.

The unusual steep bridge was recently featured in a commercial for Daihatsu Motor Co.'s Tanto minivan to test the vehicle's durability.

http://www.nigerianscoop.com/photos-this-japans-terrifying-road-is-enough-to-give-the-most-confident-driver-nightmares/

1 Share

Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by ibrokola(m): 10:52am On Apr 29, 2015
I fail to see what's scary about it.

2 Likes

Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 29, 2015
hmmmm.. this is indeed state of the art facility.. I love it but won't try riding on it..

1 Like

Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by pussygotlips: 10:55am On Apr 29, 2015
Unnecessary construction

4 Likes

Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by Lobolintin(m): 10:56am On Apr 29, 2015
Snoring
Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 29, 2015
ibrokola:

Do you drive?

2 Likes

Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by dayjee: 10:57am On Apr 29, 2015
All this tokunbo vehicles in 9ja no go fit climb dat bridge oooo............

1 Like

Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by Noloss(f): 10:58am On Apr 29, 2015
ibrokola:

R u sure?
Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by Penssuwa(m): 11:00am On Apr 29, 2015
what if one's brake fails while coming down the slope.
Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by olempe(m): 11:02am On Apr 29, 2015
ibrokola:
Are u kidding me? Let's say ur break fails?
Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by tayebest(m): 11:03am On Apr 29, 2015
Penssuwa:
what is one's brake fails while coming down the slope.
Bros, na lagoon straight! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by Tapout(m): 11:07am On Apr 29, 2015
Equalizer:

Do you drive?

asin eh, I was about asking him the same question

80% of Nigerian taxi's would surely "TapOut" half way this mountain grin

2 Likes

Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by ibrokola(m): 11:08am On Apr 29, 2015
olempe:
Are u kidding me? Let's say ur break fails?
It's all about having confidence in your brakes and acceleration. Lol
Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by ibrokola(m): 11:09am On Apr 29, 2015
Noloss:

R u sure?
Yes ma'am

1 Like

Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by ibrokola(m): 11:10am On Apr 29, 2015
Equalizer:

Do you drive?
Yes I do. What you need is more confidence in your brakes and acceleration
Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by Penssuwa(m): 11:12am On Apr 29, 2015
ibrokola:
Confi-wetin? Bro, even the brake of a new car can fail.

1 Like

Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 29, 2015
am sure there must be an inscription or sign that will be written like this: "60km/h No breaking, no stopping, just keep moving and if you are a learner like the first guy that commented here, please turn around".

1 Like

Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by Tapout(m): 11:15am On Apr 29, 2015
ibrokola:

[size=20pt]over confidence kills!!!![/size]

anyway I doubt u've ever experienced brake failure while driving....if not u wouldn't be posting these things
Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by ibrokola(m): 11:17am On Apr 29, 2015
Penssuwa:

Confi-wetin? Bro, even the brake of a new car can fail.
True brother. But is that what you'll rather be thinking about on such a bridge? That's u welcoming heart attack instead of remaining calm!

1 Like

Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 29, 2015
ibrokola:

Yes I do. What you need is more confidence in your brakes and acceleration
What will you do in a situation whereby an articulated vehicle in your front starts rolling backwards towards you and you have series of cars following you like you are on Twitter... what will you do?

1 Like

Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by ibrokola(m): 11:18am On Apr 29, 2015
Tapout:

[size=20pt]over confidence kills!!!![/size]
Lol. I said confidence, over nor follow join o
Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by DuchessLily(f): 11:20am On Apr 29, 2015
Mehnn...I won't venture near this road ; there had better be anoda route

1 Like

Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by ibrokola(m): 11:21am On Apr 29, 2015
Equalizer:

What will you do in a situation whereby an articulated vehicle in your front starts rolling backwards towards you and you have series of cars following you like you are on Twitter... what will you do?
Now you have a real problem shocked

1 Like

Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 29, 2015
ibrokola:

Now you have a real problem shocked
I just wanna see the role your break, acceleration and confidence will play in such scenario...
Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 29, 2015
DuchessLily:
Mehnn...I won't venture near this road ; there had better be anoda route
Funny you but dear, that's just the only road ooo... just like road to heaven, so narrow that a lot of people now choose short cuts to hell then taking the risk...
Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by olempe(m): 11:36am On Apr 29, 2015
Equalizer:
...and if you are a learner like the first guy that commented here, please turn around".
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by olempe(m): 11:38am On Apr 29, 2015
Equalizer:

@ the bolded grin grin grin
Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by Penssuwa(m): 11:40am On Apr 29, 2015
ibrokola:

True brother. But is that what you'll rather be thinking about on such a bridge? That's u welcoming heart attack instead of remaining calm!
I think we need such in Nigeria to serve as a test mechanism for motor road worthiness. We have plenty old rickety vehicles in Nigeria, especially buses.
Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by iyatrustee(f): 11:56am On Apr 29, 2015
We need one of this in Naija. Na this kind place FRSC suppose dey test before issuing Driver's license Too many Learners with Driving license in Naija
Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
iyatrustee:
We need one of this in Naija. Na this kind place FRSC suppose dey test before issuing Driver's license Too many Learners with Driving license in Naija
hahahaha. you bad oooo.. that's means no only the strong hearted ones go dey ply the road nah.. One fit drive the whole Lagos without seeing a Lady driving... Bikokwa make FRSC no think am ooo..

1 Like

Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by iyatrustee(f): 12:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
Equalizer:

hahahaha. you bad oooo.. that's means no only the strong hearted ones go dey ply the road nah.. One fit drive the whole Lagos without seeing a Lady driving... Bikokwa make FRSC no think am ooo..

Ladies like me go dey road! cool

2 Likes

Re: Pix:this Japan's Terrifying Road Can Give The Most Confident Driver Heart Attack by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
iyatrustee:

Ladies like me go dey road! cool
If I hear...Show me pinchure or

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Accident Along Akure / Owo Express Road This Evening / Got Admission Into A Sweden University Gor January Admission,what Next,: / Affordable Hotels In Central London - Any Suggestion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.