Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,600 members, 7,801,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

What Can Be Done To A Troublesome Sister-in-law? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Can Be Done To A Troublesome Sister-in-law? (9513 Views)

A Lady's Shocking Prayers For Her Ex Sister-In-Law Who Just Got Married / My Husband Impregnated His 'sister' In Our Matrimonial Home: Wife / Help As My Sister-in-law Is On The Verge Of Cheating On My Brother. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can Be Done To A Troublesome Sister-in-law? by Ngokafor(f): 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
kpolli:

Introduce the SIL to a man, she needs a good D

grin grin embarassed

1 Like

Re: What Can Be Done To A Troublesome Sister-in-law? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
cococandy:

The face-carrying is because she's the same age as the wife and maybe can't really do anything to her.
If she was older, maybe wifey for dey chop slap for not respecting her in her own brother's house.

Not saying the wife is without blame but if she's not being a good hostess, then the visitor should leave at her earliest convenience for her own peace of mind.
I can't imagine someone disrespecting me for being in their house and I'll keep staying when I can arrange to move out instead of 'moodying' about the house waiting for husband and wife to fall out because of me.
Worse still not saying what the problem is so that we can all settle the matter peacefully.

Thank you! What can be made of the word 'normal', but surely it's not normal to remain in such a house if you have just cause for the entire family to stand up to their son regarding his wife. This inclines my thoughts towards the SIL having issues she should deal with. Otherwise she's just bored and playing with power.

Kick her out!!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: What Can Be Done To A Troublesome Sister-in-law? by cococandy(f): 7:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
Flytefalls:

Thank you! What can be made of the word 'normal', but surely it's not normal to remain in such a house if you have just cause for the entire family to stand up to their son regarding his wife. This inclines my thoughts towards the SIL having issues she should deal with. Otherwise she's just bored and playing with power.

Kick her out!!!! undecided

@bold. Not easily accomplished.
You're too 'westernized' grin
Nobody kicks an in-law out without being the bad guy for it.
Didn't you read where she threatened to leave if her brother didn't drop the issue? (Even though she didn't really mean to go anywhere or she'd have done it)
That's because she knows once the word is out that her brother and his wife sent her out of their home, they are the bad guys regardless of what happened. So that's a nice weak spot to use in making them Uncomfortable. Like you said "playing with power"

The couple don't want trouble from their family so they obviously have no choice than to wait it out until she opens up on what's really making her upset.
Re: What Can Be Done To A Troublesome Sister-in-law? by babygirlfl: 7:15pm On Apr 30, 2015
LewsTherin:
My eldest sister once accused my Lady wrongly and was berating her over the phone. When I finished tearing eye for my sister ehn, she arranged herself. Today my sister and my Lady are all pallsie wallsie with each other.

I guess it's because I was raised well. My folks hardly come to my home. My Dad once told me that my house is my house and he has no business being there. My mom will maintains herself and does not interfere. My siblings are on their own.

Don't get me wrong. We are not fighting or forming for each other. But we all learnt respect and know that respect is earned, is reciprocal.

Besides, the Bible expects me to LEAVE my father and mother and CLEAVE to my wife. So.....

1 Like

Re: What Can Be Done To A Troublesome Sister-in-law? by Stillfire: 7:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
You are not wanted in a house and you balance there? Is that not witchcraft?
Some people have mind o.
Till date, no one knows what the cause of the problem is.
Na wa! All these razzness...

1 Like

Re: What Can Be Done To A Troublesome Sister-in-law? by blazetitov: 7:26pm On Apr 30, 2015
Nobody dare try such with me! It's my house and my immediate family is my primary responsibility. She should leave that house and go rent her own place where she can be forming boss. Make everybody go him papa house, I beg.

1 Like

Re: What Can Be Done To A Troublesome Sister-in-law? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 30, 2015
cococandy:

@bold. Not easily accomplished.
You're too 'westernized' grin
Nobody kicks an in-law out without being the bad guy for it.
Didn't you read where she threatened to leave if her brother didn't drop the issue? (Even though she didn't really mean to go anywhere or she'd have done it)
That's because she knows once the word is out that her brother and his wife sent her out of their home, they are the bad guys regardless of what happened. So that's a nice weak spot to use in making them Uncomfortable. Like you said "playing with power"

The couple don't want trouble from their family so they obviously have no choice than to wait it out until she opens up on what's really making her upset.

If being westernized means my sister who is in my home must respond to my call for peace, at the risk of being asked to leave nicely first, and not so nice subsequently, then heck yeah! Perhaps I'm not really that nice cool

All this pussy footing around one emotional woman, I don't have time for it (I do have patience, but none for stale inaction). It's in no one's best interest to leave her sulking, creating a dark cloud with nothing in the name of resolution happening soon. Sorry, but go home if you can't respect your brother's request for some insight into your troubles and peace in his home. Sometimes the threat is enough to make one open up grin.

Some people just want to create drama over nothing, and even worse are the spectators who have their time (that includes us) grin
Re: What Can Be Done To A Troublesome Sister-in-law? by cococandy(f): 8:28pm On Apr 30, 2015
Flytefalls:

If being westernized means my sister who is in my home must respond to my call for peace, at the risk of being asked to leave nicely first, and not so nice subsequently, then heck yeah! Perhaps I'm not really that nice cool

All this pussy footing around one emotional woman, I don't have time for it (I do have patience, but none for stale inaction). It's in no one's best interest to leave her sulking, creating a dark cloud with nothing in the name of resolution happening soon. Sorry, but go home if you can't respect your brother's request for some insight into your troubles and peace in his home. Sometimes the threat is enough to make one open up grin.

Some people just want to create drama over nothing, and even worse are the spectators who have their time (that includes us) grin
grin grin
Re: What Can Be Done To A Troublesome Sister-in-law? by focus7: 9:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
I blame your sister's hubby for the whole things. A man should know how to draw the line between his commitment to his family and his wife and ensure that one does not encroach the other. In the case of your brother in law he has allowed the interest of his family to encroach your sister's interest. What he should have done is to allow the sister go when she treating to pack out or should have sent her out. It is true that it is going to generate tension for his family but it would have serve as opportunity for him to send the message to them that his wife is not meant for the family to rubbish anyhow, him been able to stand to defend and protect his wife at a time like this would have earn him and the wife more respect from his family, whatever tension generated may linger he should stand his ground in protecting his wife, the family tension will douse down and be resolve but then the poor lady would have earn her respect. My opinion is based on my personal experience with my family, today my mum and my siblings regard my wife and she regards them.

4 Likes

Re: What Can Be Done To A Troublesome Sister-in-law? by LewsTherin: 12:52pm On May 01, 2015
The problem is we've gotten it all wrong. Especially those of us that call ourselves Christians.

A man's primary responsibility is to his wife and children FIRST! Wife and children IN THAT ORDER. Even Jesus gave His life for His bride, the church and through the church, care for His Children. God said a man should LEAVE his father and mother for his wife. He says respect your father and other but CLEAVE to your wife. I don't know what other religions teach. But anyone who fills "christian" in any document had better have "wife" as next-of-kin in same document or you had better recognise yourself as an atheist or any other religion that allows that.

Common sense though. Why antagonise the woman that cooks your food and warms your bed every day in favour of other people. Who has a better opportunity to harm you or do you good? Hmm?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kid Calls Police To Avoid Bedtime / Can Trust Issues Unresolved For 10years Managable? / This Question Is For The Men!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.