Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,419 members, 7,800,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 (4118 Views)

Toyota Camry 2001 Or Nissan Xterra 2001...which One Is Cool For A Lady To Drive / I have 800k for Toyota Camry 2001,but read what my friend said... / Pegeout 307 Problem, Please Expert Help Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by Mishydoo(m): 1:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
Have to make a decision on which to buy as a first car.i have 1.2 mil as a budget.
what do you advice?
Suggestions please,am indecisive. i live in Ph and HATE mechanics.
Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by esiri4jesu(m): 1:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
Go for Camry. Kazeem not in short supply and spares readily available, hence.
Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by BTT(m): 1:58pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mishydoo:
Have to make a decision on which to buy as a first car.i have 1.2 mil as a budget.
what do you advice?

Camry, if it's your first car
Peugeot 406, if you hate visiting mechs.

The 2001 Camry will be a better option. Virtually every Kazeem can try his hands on it. The 406 is less forgiving with quarks.

My opinion.

Caveat: I have never owned a Camry but own a second Peugeot.
Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by Mishydoo(m): 2:03pm On Apr 29, 2015
BTT:

Camry, if it's your first car
Peugeot 406, if you hate visiting mechs.

The 2001 Camry will be a better option. Virtually every Kazeem can try his hands on it. The 406 is less forgiving with quarks.

My opinion.

Caveat: I have never owned a Camry but own a second Peugeot.

Then why advice me otherwise?
Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by Mishydoo(m): 2:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
esiri4jesu:

Ph roads are very bad and I am a rough driver naturally...are dez nt worthy concerns?
Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by BTT(m): 2:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mishydoo:

Then why advice me otherwise?

Like I said, if it's your first car, you may not have problems with where to turn to when your car has issues as mechs who can try their hands on Toyota are readily available.

You need at least near-pros when Pugs are concerned. Not any mech can tame your lion.

The lion rarely demands repairs when maintenance is observed, and its parts are more pricey and less around.
Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by Mishydoo(m): 2:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
BTT:

Like I said, if it's your first car, you may not have problems with where to turn to when your car has issues as mechs who can try their hands on Toyota are readily available.

You need at least near-pros when Pugs are concerned. Not any mech can tame your lion.

The lion rarely demands repairs when maintenance is observed, and its parts are more pricey and less around.

If that's d only issue I cld get a good mech who wld handle it,prvided it dsnt brkdwn or hv faults often.
My idea is dat it looks stronger on d road dan camry...

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by BTT(m): 2:29pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mishydoo:

If that's d only issue I cld get a good mech who wld handle it,prvided it dsnt brkdwn or hv faults often.
My idea is dat it looks stronger on d road dan camry...

Certainly! All the way!

Like I usually humorously say, 'death and sleep resemble, but they are 2 worlds apart'
Test drive the 2 cars if you can, and you will confirm what you just said.

Welcome.

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mishydoo:
what do you advice?

406 is fun to drive the other is booring.
Camry can be fixed by any technical person the 406 is sensitive to abuse of any kind
406 has a wonderful suspension system and you will not replace shocks through out the ownership of the car, the other you will start by replacing rear shocks and changing springs.
406 has an unpredictable automatic transmission system while the camry transmission is solid
406 has one of the best car security systems and is practically unstealable, camry can be stolen in a heartbeat.
406 has wonderful fuel economy (900km on a ful tank) highway driving.
406 has better ground clearance.
There's more but manage this one for now.

10 Likes

Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by Mishydoo(m): 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Camry can be fixed by any technical person the 406 is sensitive to abuse of any kind
406 has a wonderful suspension system and you will not replace shocks through out the ownership of the car, the other you will start by replacing rear shocks and changing springs.
406 has an unpredictable automatic transmission system while the camry transmission is solid
406 has one of the best car security systems and is practically unstealable, camry can be stolen in a heartbeat.

MORE pls..
Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by gambus007(m): 5:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
I was once in your shoes last year....Choice was btw Honda,Camry (2000) and Peugeot 307.Thank God i picked Peugeot 307.am happy with the car.....good on gas.Am also a memeber of ikenna's whatsapp peugeot group.
Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by Mishydoo(m): 6:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
gambus007:
I was once in your shoes last year....Choice was btw Honda,Camry (2000) and Peugeot 307.Thank God i picked Peugeot 307.am happy with the car.....good on gas.Am also a memeber of ikenna's whatsapp peugeot group.
esiri4jesu:
GAZZUZZ:

BTT:

Certainly! All the way!
Like I usually humorously say, 'death and sleep resemble, but they are 2 worlds apart'
Test drive the 2 cars if you can, and you will confirm what you just said.
Welcome.

[size=14pt]How about Corolla 2003...someone suggested its more economical and stronger than camry 2001,with not as much mechanic issues...I lyk d cars compact shape too[/size]
Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mishydoo:

[size=14pt]How about Corolla 2003...someone suggested its more economical and stronger than camry 2001,with not as much mechanic issues...I lyk d cars compact shape too[/size]

Derailing your own thread grin
Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by DGD1(m): 7:15pm On Apr 29, 2015
maybe OP should calm down....he should not rush

I would have adviced you go for the 406 since you c an get competent hands on it, my fear is where u say you are a rough in driving.
Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by Mishydoo(m): 10:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Derailing your own thread grin

Ehen na,since y'all chose to scare me with 'Kazeem'...
I havr been going thru the thread by Ikenna all day,am seeing some scary stuffs der.

'it'll b hard to tell whuz a kazeem and whuz not sinx am new.and by d time I find out it myt hv been too late.

If d 2003 corolla is stronger,wt less perks of shock,suspension issh?
Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by Mishydoo(m): 11:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
DGD1:
maybe OP should calm down....he should not rush

I would have adviced you go for the 406 since you c an get competent hands on it, my fear is where u say you are a rough in driving.

U cnt bliv av been makin research on this since jan,...I seem to get confused by d day.i jst dun wanna mk a mistake.

This Ikenna's thread on Pegeout is scary true....plenty peeps hvin prblems without solutions,some costing hundreds of thousands....imaging one guy says he owns a 406 wt no prblms b4 but he ws driving one day and he jst heard a loud sound in d engine,wen he opened d bunnet der ws smoke all over and mech tld him d engine burst inexplicably,and he is to get a new engine...imagine!

2 Likes

Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by Ikenna351(m): 11:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
Mishydoo:

U cnt bliv av been makin research on this since jan,...I seem to get confused by d day.i jst dun wanna mk a mistake.

This Ikenna's thread on Pegeout is scary true....plenty peeps hvin prblems without solutions,some costing hundreds of thousands....imaging one guy says he owns a 406 wt no prblms b4 but he ws driving one day and he jst heard a loud sound in d engine,wen he opened d bunnet der ws smoke all over and mech tld him d engine burst inexplicably,and he is to get a new engine...imagine!

Do you really want to own a car in the first place? Because you didn't sound like you do in the above post I quoted.

If you want to learn more about Peugeot 406 and what it takes to keep him on the road and in very good shape for a very long time, I would suggest you join the WhatsApp Peugeot community to learn all these from previous and current owners . Nothing beats first hand experience!

Ikenna

3 Likes

Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by abatically(m): 12:01am On Apr 30, 2015
Mishydoo:

If u are thinking like that then u are not ready to buy a car. Even Ferraris catch fire, Paul walker died in a Porsche that caught fire after hitting a tree. No car is 100% perfect, u just have to zero ur mind. That a peugeot 406 engine caught fire doesn't mean Peugeots engines are prone to that. I've seen brand new car that got transmission problem within 6 months, same car might last 20 years with someone else without developing transmission problem.

U shouldn't spend too much time reading these online reviews, because when u eventually make ur choice, let's say u decided to buy the Toyota and God forbid it has major problems within a short while, then u would be crying 'I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THE PEUGEOT'. Same thing if u bought the Peugeot and got major problems, then u would cry 'I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THE TOYOTA'.

Button line is, no car is 100% perfect, just do ur normal maintenance and pray u don't get UNLUCKY. Yes u need luck. Why? Because u are buying a used car (a 14 year old car for that matter ). U can never expect it to serve u like a new car with warranty and all that.

4 Likes

Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by Ikenna351(m): 12:09am On Apr 30, 2015
Mishydoo:

This Ikenna's thread on Pegeout is scary true....plenty peeps hvin prblems without solutions,!

As for this, my first priority is the WhatsApp Peugeot Community, not the Nairaland Peugeot thread, even though I still visit the thread. But note that most queries you found no solutions offered have been resolved or been attended to in WhatsApp Peugeot community.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by DGD1(m): 3:32am On Apr 30, 2015
Mishydoo:

bro, my boss Ikenna351 and abatically have spoken, I can post dozens of camrys, corrolad, avensis ...... in short Toyota brands abandoned in mechanic workshops with issues from engine to transmission etc, likewise Peugeot.
Peugeot make good cars with 406 ranking high... the design and performance is cool... the issue is that you can't abuse the car and go scot free, not just any mechanic can fix it....requires great care, if u give it that, you will be part of the group of people that say "there are just two types of vehicles, Peugeot and others"
on the other hand, Toyota generally make use of simple technology in there cars, they don't just introduce a new technology into there products, they test it very well.....so doing, they lag behind. but the good news is this, every tom, dick and Harry can do trial an error and have a higher probability of going scot free, that's why you see them dominate the road.

if I were in your shoes, I will buy the Camry/corrola now, then as time goes on u can get yourself a Peugeot or any other(as u wish). use the Toyota as entry level, by the way when you buy a particular car, it doesn't mean u won't be able to buy other cars

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by bimbor(m): 7:57am On May 12, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

@Gazzuzz what do you say of 307?
Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:31am On May 12, 2015
bimbor:

@Gazzuzz what do you say of 307?

Get one with an EW10 engine it comes with a kick grin
Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by bimbor(m): 8:41pm On May 15, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Get one with an EW10 engine it comes with a kick grin

EW10 Engine.....which of the models come with that?
Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by Nobody: 8:29am On May 16, 2015
No matter how una do te marketing gimmicks, #westillloveourcamrys
wink

4 Likes

Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by DGD1(m): 1:18pm On May 16, 2015
lomomike:

wink

abi o cool
lomomike:

wink

abi o
Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by Chuxxy4me(m): 11:30pm On May 16, 2015
I have owned and sold 2 Camry cars but my Peugeot 406 has been with me for years (more than 5) like a good wife and I just got her a mate (607). Lions are the king. We drive with Pride
Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by bujuscop: 1:04pm On Nov 10, 2018
Please how do I get in to the peaugot WhatsApp group
Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by Kamalu5258(m): 1:42pm On Nov 10, 2018
bujuscop:
Please how do I get in to the peaugot WhatsApp group
send me a whatsapp message 07055045176
Re: HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 by Akalia(m): 7:06pm On Mar 17, 2022
Kamalu5258:
send me a whatsapp message 07055045176
Is the group still active?

(1) (Reply)

2002 Accord Idling Problem / Peugeot 307 Issues: Anti Air Pollution SOLUTION / Resolved: Honda Baby Boy Gear Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.