Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,795 members, 7,802,535 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

How Buhari Can Win Niger Delta Over And Break The Militants Power - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Can Win Niger Delta Over And Break The Militants Power (1419 Views)

Ohorhor Women Barricade Delta Over Fulani Killings (Pics) / Buhari Deploys Service Chiefs To Niger Delta Over Rising Militancy. / Security Threat In N-delta Over Non-payment Of Amnesty Allowances - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Buhari Can Win Niger Delta Over And Break The Militants Power by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
The Niger Delta is the region in the country that has suffered enviromental degradation since oil was first found in 1956 in Oloibiri Bayelsa State and unfairness in the distribution of oil blocks which has resulted in a situation where Northerners own 85% of the oil blocks according to investigations by the Nigerian Senate.
What Buhari can do is implement the Petroleum Industry Bill as soon as he gets to office where oil producing communities will get a share in each oil well located in their communities. So they have a vested interest to keep oil flowing and if they vandalise the oil pipelines there are hurting themselves financially,this will result in oil producing communities protecting their oil flowstations and pipelines in their communities.
Also,oil blocks should be seized from Emeka Offor,Chris Uba,Obasanjo,Danjuma,Folurunsho Alakija,Kola Aluko,Jide Omokore and other Northerners by the Federal Goverment and proceeds from this should be used to fund the Social Security Scheme whereby unemployed youths in the Niger Delta are payed a monthly allowance until they are able to find a job.

[size=16pt]What do you think about this?Share your views[/size]
Re: How Buhari Can Win Niger Delta Over And Break The Militants Power by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 29, 2015
When Asari speaks against the Northeners u criticize him for been tribalistic, calling him all sort of names in d name of insult. Now check it out how can an individual own an oil block? They say corruption but who is corruption? He even sent troops to kill those innocent people when he was in office for their own resources after denying them their privilege.. Am not calling names. But i wish you people be fair for once don't complain of life been unfair with u when u know u r not fair to others. Northeners owning blocks in south. That's why they will continue hating the north n some part of d west. They know theirselves.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Can Win Niger Delta Over And Break The Militants Power by koolpapa(m): 8:29pm On Apr 29, 2015
True talk be that
Re: How Buhari Can Win Niger Delta Over And Break The Militants Power by temitemi1(m): 8:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
I hope baba "onechance" listen to your good advice. GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Can Win Niger Delta Over And Break The Militants Power by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
If I hear
Re: How Buhari Can Win Niger Delta Over And Break The Militants Power by BlackTechnology: 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
dutchjongen:
The Niger Delta is the region in the country that has suffered enviromental degradation since oil was first found in 1956 in Oloibiri Bayelsa State and unfairness in the distribution of oil blocks which has resulted in a situation where Northerners own 85% of the oil blocks according to investigations by the Nigerian Senate.
What Buhari can do is implement the Petroleum Industry Bill as soon as he gets to office where oil producing communities will get a share in each oil well located in their communities. So they have a vested interest to keep oil flowing if they vandalise the oil pipelines there are hurting themselves financially,this will result in oil producing communities protecting their oil flowstations and pipelines in their communities.
Also,oil blocks should be seized from Emeka Offor,Chris Uba,Obasanjo,Folurunsho Alakija,Kola Aluko,Jide Omokore and other Northerners by the Federal Goverment and proceeds from this should be used to fund the Social security scheme whereby unemployed youths in the Niger Delta are payed a monthly allowance until they are able to find a job.

[size=16pt]What do you think about this?Share your views[/size]

Will Tinubu and OBJ agree grin

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Can Win Niger Delta Over And Break The Militants Power by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Will Tinubu and OBJ agree grin
Nigeria is bigger than any individual,will all the loot they have acquired i'm sure they might be willing to make a sacrifice for the greater good and stability of the country. Majority of these oil blocks are due for renewal in 2016,so Buhari has a chnace to right the wrongs of the past.
Re: How Buhari Can Win Niger Delta Over And Break The Militants Power by ki02020(m): 8:47pm On Apr 29, 2015
Op let be sincere with ourselves when a barrel of oil sold at $150 what did GEJ NDDC ministery of niger deltal 20% and the SS governors do to better the life of their people

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Can Win Niger Delta Over And Break The Militants Power by BlackTechnology: 8:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
dutchjongen:

Nigeria is bigger than any individual,will all the loot they have acquired i'm sure they might be willing to make a sacrifice for the greater good and stability of the country. Majority of these oil blocks are due for renewal in 2016,so Buhari has a chnace to right the wrongs of the past.

You believe they will make sacrifices even after Tinubu APC increased LASU sch fees from 25k to 250k undecided

Guy

Wake up grin
Re: How Buhari Can Win Niger Delta Over And Break The Militants Power by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
BlackTechnology:

You believe they will make sacrifices even after Tinubu APC increased LASU sch fees from 25k to 250k undecided

Guy

Wake up grin
A new strongman is in charge that can go against Buhari or Tinubu.Trust me Buhari is no pushover this is someone that fought in Biafra war and rose to the ranks of a General. OBJ and Tinubu are mistaken if they they they can push him around.
Re: How Buhari Can Win Niger Delta Over And Break The Militants Power by BlackTechnology: 9:02pm On Apr 29, 2015
dutchjongen:

A new strongman is in charge that can go against Buhari or Tinubu.Trust me Buhari is no pushover this is someone hat fought in Biafra war and rose to the ranks of a General. OBJ and Tinubu are mistaken if they they they can push him around.

When he jails them, you can then vouch for him grin
Re: How Buhari Can Win Niger Delta Over And Break The Militants Power by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
uupgrade:
When Asari speaks against the Northeners u criticize him for been tribalistic, calling him all sort of names in d name of insult. Now check it out how can an individual own an oil block? They say corruption but who is corruption? He even sent troops to kill those innocent people when he was in office for their own resources after denying them their privilege.. Am not calling names. But i wish you people be fair for once don't complain of life been unfair with u when u know u r not fair to others. Northeners owning blocks in south. That's why they will continue hating the north n some part of d west. They know theirselves.
Asari is a traitor and opportunist all his investments soccer academy,secondary school and University is in Benin Republic
Re: How Buhari Can Win Niger Delta Over And Break The Militants Power by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 29, 2015
This will cause more unrest.

U dont need to do all these unimaginables.

All we need is pure/clean environment.
Good roads, good schools with free educations up to university.
Security for life and property.
24hrs power supply.

The above mentioned are achievable.
With these everyone both rich and poor will benefit.
If u tell me u wanna pay stipends to unemployed youths, the programme will be hijack thus these youth will start destroying public property and peace.
Re: How Buhari Can Win Niger Delta Over And Break The Militants Power by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 29, 2015
This is a good thought by the op but not sure if such will ever happen.

Please check my signature too. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Two Former PDP Govs Fingered: Revolt Against Buhari, APC / Buhari Orchestrated House Of Reps Chaos Today – PDP / Former Governor Of Benue State Gabriel Suswam Arrested In London.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.