Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil (42369 Views)

Ministerial List: Buhari Only Sent 21 Names, To Send Other Before Tuesday / FG To Deploy Yoruba Teachers To Brazil / Mimiko Blackmailing Ondo Teachers To Vote Jonathan - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by jchima14: 9:58pm On Apr 29, 2015
The Federal Government of Nigeria is set to deploy teachers to Brazil to teach Yoruba language. Aminu Nabegu, Director Monitoring Evaluation and Research in the Directorate of Technical Aid Corps said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria.

Aminu said the two countries are finalising modalties for the programme to be implemented. He further said that the Yoruba-speaking communities, in the Bahie region of Brazil, are the major target for the programme as the place comprises of large group of people believed to be Oduduwa's descents. The Director added that the Yoruba-speaking communities in Benin Republic will also enjoy similar programme.

PS: This article is a summarized version of the original news

Source: http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/580-fg-set-to-deploy-teachers-to-brazil

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by frodobee: 10:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
Interesting. Macdonalds Rio outlet will soon start serving ewedu and amala. I hear say akara and bread dey street already.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by GhaliNaaba(m): 10:14pm On Apr 29, 2015
What about ndigbo in France?? grin grin grin Yoruba are very great sha!

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:47pm On Apr 29, 2015

2 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
Next thing some skunks wll turn this int a tribal bashing thread.

So Neymar and Ronaldinho are yorubas.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by alaoeri: 10:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
GhaliNaaba:
What about ndigbo in France??
grin grin grin
Yoruba are very great sha!
Maybe Israel since they are of Jewish descendants. grin

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by khalleb(m): 10:55pm On Apr 29, 2015
YORUBA The most selling Nigeria language outside Nigeria

161 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Mapletraks: 10:58pm On Apr 29, 2015
@Op

That is Great!

Bahia in Brazil was the major point in Brazil
where thousands of Yoruba captives from Nigeria and Yorubas in Benin Republic landed.

Some returned to Nigeria after the slave trade ended and many became very wealthy.

The Alakija family came back from Brazil. Candido DaRocha was of Ijesa ancestry whose father also came back from Bahia in Brazil. Candido DaRocha built the Water House on Kakawa st. Lagos Island with another exact replica built by him in Bahia, Brazil in the late 1800s[DaRocha was a very rich man and he was the father of the founder of ADRAO International School, VI].

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
When we say Yoruba is the most popular language outside the shore of. Nigeria some mofos will keep denying it now you guys can see

The other time I saw an American (titilayo) speaking fluent Yoruba as if she lived all her life here, there was also this prof of Yoruba language from france. Its uncountable my people are just damn too influential

126 Likes 8 Shares

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by GhaliNaaba(m): 6:35am On Apr 30, 2015
alaoeri:
Waaaaa!!!! Isreal dey speak igbo? grin grin grin

17 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 30, 2015
They will not return back

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by babyfaceafrica: 6:45am On Apr 30, 2015
And some people will be spewin trash that you can only secure job by studying the so called. Big courses like accounting,law and the likes,my people if its language that you want to studt do so,don't let any body decive you to go against your heart desire...yoruba graduates this is your time to soar...I wish you the best

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by IDnoble1: 6:48am On Apr 30, 2015
It's so sad that the lexicon of Yoruba language is static and we are not growing in the utilization of it. Our scholars In the language are not helping at all. For example words like Fax machine, Email etc can hardly be said with a typical Yoruba word. Today the Language could have been rated so high in the world if not for this attitude of our Yoruba Scholars.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by coolitempa(f): 6:49am On Apr 30, 2015
these are d sort of things......can cause nna heartache..... grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by superstar1(m): 6:54am On Apr 30, 2015
From Cuba to Brazil to USA, we keep exporting our culture and language.

Proudly omo oduduwa.

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by deleib(m): 7:20am On Apr 30, 2015
hbpeze:
They will not return back
u this igbo man, y r u hating on d Omo Oduduwa? U have to open ur eyes to reality that yoruba is always at d fore front of d scheme of things in Nigeria and by extention in d world

40 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by TheOtherview: 7:25am On Apr 30, 2015
IDnoble1:
It's so sad that the lexicon of Yoruba language is static and we are not growing in the utilization of it. Our scholars In the language are not helping at all. For example words like Fax machine, Email etc can hardly be said with a typical Yoruba word. Today the Language could have been rated so high in the world if not for this attitude of our Yoruba Scholars.

Fax == Faksi
Email == Imeeli
Internet == Ayelujara
Computer == Kọmputa

Source:https://translate.google.com/#en/yo

#Justsaying

Elsewhere you also have the Yoruba Lexical Database...

"The Global Yoruba Lexical Database v. 1.0 is a set of related dictionaries providing definitions and translations for over 450,000 words from the Yoruba language and its variants: Standard Yoruba (over 368,000 words), Gullah (over 3,600 words), Lucumí (over 8,000 words) and Trinidadian (over 1,000 words).

...The ultimate goal of this dictionary is to provide coverage for all Yoruba dialects across the globe. For that reason, it will continue to be a work in progress.
Source: https://catalog.ldc.upenn.edu/LDC2008L03

Global Yoruba Lexical Database v. 1.0

Item Name: Global Yoruba Lexical Database v. 1.0
Author(s): Yiwola Awoyale
LDC Catalog No.: LDC2008L03
ISBN: 1-58563-500-6
ISLRN: 973-344-578-516-8
Release Date: December 19, 2008
Member Year(s): 2008
DCMI Type(s): Text
Data Source(s): dictionaries
Application(s): language teaching, instruction, machine translation, sociolinguistics
Language(s): Yoruba, Trinidadian Creole English, Lucumi, Sea Island Creole English, English
Language ID(s): yor, trf, luq, gul, eng
License(s): LDC User Agreement for Non-Members
Online Documentation: LDC2008L03 Documents
Licensing Instructions: Subscription & Standard Members, and Non-Members
Citation: Awoyale, Yiwola. Global Yoruba Lexical Database v. 1.0 LDC2008L03. Web Download. Philadelphia: Linguistic Data Consortium, 2008.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by MightySparrow: 7:29am On Apr 30, 2015
grin shocked grin
alaoeri:

Interesting, to teach Jews Igbo language.

Rather, the Jews should send teachers to Nigeria to jewnize igbos. grin

15 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Canme4u(m): 7:33am On Apr 30, 2015
IDnoble1:

They are trying but I also think more needs to be done though. We usualy use "Oro Ayalo" borrowed words in that regards.

@Topic I think its high time I dust out my YORUBA NCE certificate. grin

Omo mi, CUBA/BRAZIL ya!!!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:46am On Apr 30, 2015
There are Europeans and Americans in the OAU, UI, UNILAG, UNILORIN studying Yoruba.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by stabillo(m): 9:46am On Apr 30, 2015
They should go to Cuba too, My best Cuban artist are the IBEYI ...Naomi & Keinde Diaz ...they sing with yoruba language

Oya is my best track

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Mapletraks: 1:30am On May 02, 2015
stabillo:
They should go to Cuba too, My best Cuban artist are the IBEYI ...Naomi & Keinde Diaz ...they sing with yoruba language
^^^^^^^
@stabillo

Yeah, old Havana in Cuba, the Yoruba or Lucumi traditions, religion and language are
still very much alive.

Prof. Wole Soyinka is very popular in Cuba as well as the current Ooni of Ife who first visited
the house of Oodua or Yoruba descendants in
1987 and later in 2001. He was received by
Fidel Castro on both occasions.

For over 15 years now, I have read extensively
about the Yoruba Descendants and religion/music in Cuba and I can say that Yoruba
influence is even stronger in Cuba than in
Brazil because the Spanish in Cuba were less
repressive to Blacks on the slave sugar
plantations and estates.

I must also add that in the Matanzas Province
of Cuba, the Efik, Ejagbam [Ekoi] and Ibibio culture is still
alive via the Ekpe society, and art![They are
known as the Cuban Abacua]

Up to 175,000 Yorubas from Ijesa, Egba, Oyo, Ketu in Benin Rep. were shipped to Cuba
in the 1800s alone and almost an equal
number to Bahia in Brazil!

Words such as ere, ijo, ile for example are noticeable in the tropical music of Cuba.

Last but NOT least, the wealthy Nigerian
billionaire business mogul - Ambassador
Antonio Dehinde Fernandez's Yoruba ancestors
returned from Cuba and settled in Lagos Island
like most Yorubas who returned from Brazil, Cuba, Trinidad, Sierra Leone, and USA via Liberia
did.

PS. The Alakija family patriach of Egba-Brazilian
returnees was Sir. Adeyemo Alakija who dropped
his Brazilian name of Placido Assumpcao after
reading law in the UK in 1913 from the Middle Temple. He was a very rich
man in his days and co-founded the iconic
Daily Times. He was the first Nigerian to
be knighted by the British royalty[King George VI], Queen Elizabeth II's father.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by madamoringo(f): 2:09am On May 02, 2015
Some chest beaters from the Beastafar regions will commit suicide because of these news!

37 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Nobody: 3:25am On May 02, 2015
eliment:
When we say Yoruba is the most popular language outside the shore of. Nigeria some mofos will keep denying it now you guys can see

The other time I saw an American (titilayo) speaking fluent Yoruba as if she lived all her life here, there was also this prof of Yoruba language from france. Its uncountable my people are just damn too influential
I met a girl inside d train...moved close and i Found out that her name is shade,but she said she is not a Nigerian

19 Likes

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Nobody: 3:28am On May 02, 2015
I Showed my friend from Bolivia a yoruba tradicional video on youtube and he pointed to bata drum,he said he saw it when he went to cuba

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Vikkie14: 3:29am On May 02, 2015
For Obodo Nigeria, Yoruba Language is like PUNCH newspaper: THE MOST WIDELY SPOKEN LANGUAGE.

From Nigeria to Benin to Cuba to Brazil to US etc, Yoruba stands out.

In Nigeria, stats show that there each yoruba states has different Yoruba languages. The yoruba spoken by the people of Ife is different from that of Ilesha, that of Iwo from Ibadan, that of Ijesha's from Igbomina, that of Ijebu from that of Lagos, that of Kwara from Ekiti, etc.

There is Diversity in Yoruba language. It's the EASIEST language in Nigeria to learn with less stress.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by realjoker(m): 3:59am On May 02, 2015
my book another space, incase there is buyer and it goes to the highest bidder. Ishilove lalasticlala
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by realjoker(m): 4:07am On May 02, 2015
my book space because am
pretty sure this will shake fp 20+
pages and if it does not make fp
and shake fp, i cant trekk, crawl, swim or ride bike from here to china like some fools but you should call me bastard. i.e
bastard doyin realjoker okupe
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Kreamie(m): 4:37am On May 02, 2015
This is great news...Very nice..
Re: FG To Send Yoruba Teachers To Brazil by Peacewealth(f): 4:39am On May 02, 2015
watin concern keke napep with sit belt. fb tins

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal / Femi Fani-kayode Praises TB Joshua / Festus Keyamo Exposes Eedris Abdulkareem For Disparaging Him In His New Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.