Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Nairaland Political Party? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Political Party? (6934 Views)

Nairaland Political Acrobatics By Nasoweseeam.com / Is This Funniest Political Party Name Ever? / 1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Political Party? by nadico(m): 7:38am On Feb 08, 2009
@jensimi,a good one. i believe we can.count me in. its time we create an impact on the polity,just like pat utomi did when he threw his hat into the ring.yes we can
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by SkyBlue1: 8:02am On Feb 08, 2009
nadico:

@jensimi,a good one. i believe we can.count me in. its time we create an impact on the polity,just like pat utomi did when he threw his hat into the ring.yes we can

Again, this has since moved on from the original premise of a political party. It is not a political party. It is not about power or being self aggrandised, neither is it about financial gain or just rhetoric. Are you still interested?
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 08, 2009
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by SamMilla1(m): 11:09am On Feb 08, 2009
For people who are on facebook, here is the link to the movement.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=49515427949.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by Muza(m): 12:13pm On Feb 08, 2009
facebook?
we would now see the faces of the faceless
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by SkyBlue1: 2:20pm On Feb 08, 2009
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by bawomolo(m): 7:21pm On Feb 08, 2009
ajadrage:

The only political ideology needed is one that has the betterment of the Nigerian society at it's heart. The Naijan ideology, a new ideology. This transcends artificial political, religious and intellectual  differences. . .

don't fool yourself, we all heard these when liberals, moderates and communists fought against Batista in Cuba. the rest is history. There is nothing like a Naija ideology. We all have different ideas on the betterment of Nigerian society, how would you combine this into one?
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by EmmaGSM(m): 8:59pm On Feb 08, 2009
Good talk by every body, this kind oe topic interest me alot, i'm one of a person that feals bad when things are going the wrong way, yet we dont have to be too fast to avoid mistake,
b/c it is said that a journey of 1000 miles starts with a step,
i humbly surgest that we start somewhere else which'll make us Nairalanders know as a movement/instrument of correction in our various lga, states and Nigeria @ large, if we can achieve this then we'll have a better ground of forming a p.party.
E.g on my point, in my state Anambra, i can say we have the best governor yet there are wrong things that are still happening which i may not know how to reach him but as a member of nland i can bring those things up here then if we've established link with all governors,police even the president, then we'll be a mouth piece of the poor and access of reaching any class of person occupying any office in our country,
i assure us that if we do this, thing must improve for good, plz lets go this way first b/4 p.party.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by amosexy: 10:04pm On Feb 08, 2009
bawomolo:

don't fool yourself, we all heard these when liberals, moderates and communists fought against Batista in Cuba. the rest is history. There is nothing like a Naija ideology. We all have different ideas on the betterment of Nigerian society, how would you combine this into one?

What are we combinin into one ? Different ideas on the betterment of Nigerian society? The only thing i know every single nigerians so much want in the society now is CHANGE and if we all have this in common then I BELIEVE YES WE CAN !!! wink
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by amosexy: 10:14pm On Feb 08, 2009
Emma GSM:

Good talk by every body, this kind oe topic interest me alot, i'm one of a person that feals bad when things are going the wrong way, yet we dont have to be too fast to avoid mistake,
b/c it is said that a journey of 1000 miles starts with a step,
i humbly surgest that we start somewhere else which'll make us Nairalanders know as a movement/instrument of correction in our various lga, states and Nigeria @ large, if we can achieve this then we'll have a better ground of forming a p.party.
E.g on my point, in my state Anambra, i can say we have the best governor yet there are wrong things that are still happening which i may not know how to reach him but as a member of nland i can bring those things up here then if we've established link with all governors,police even the president, then we'll be a mouth piece of the poor and access of reaching any class of person occupying any office in our country,
i assure us that if we do this, thing must improve for good, plz lets go this way first b/4 p.party.

We are are not formin a party.It is just a movement .I suggect we change the topic of this thread becos of those thinkin dat we might be formin a party ooo.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by amosexy: 10:16pm On Feb 08, 2009
@bawolomo

What are we combinin into one ? Different ideas on the betterment of Nigerian society? The only thing i know every single nigerians so much want in the society now is CHANGE and if we all have this in common then I BELIEVE YES WE CAN !!!
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by SkyBlue1: 10:25pm On Feb 08, 2009
amosexy:

We are are not formin a party.It is just a movement .I suggect we change the topic of this thread becos of those thinkin dat we might be formin a party ooo.

Already a dedicated thread for this. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-230880.0.html
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by bawomolo(m): 11:01pm On Feb 08, 2009
amosexy:

@bawolomo

What are we combinin into one ? Different ideas on the betterment of Nigerian society? The only thing i know every single nigerians so much want in the society now is CHANGE and if we all have this in common then I BELIEVE YES WE CAN !!!

are you now Obama sad.

you still haven't said anything substantial. how are you going to get this change? this aint a disney movie.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by ohaechesi(m): 11:03pm On Feb 08, 2009
I have a dream that one day, my people shall be set free from injustice. that one day,  transparent administrative will spring up and correct the wrongs perpetuated by the past hoodlums. May God help us all in our endeavours
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by seyibrown(f): 12:27am On Feb 09, 2009
COUNT ME IN!
SEYIBROWN  -  CANDIDATE NUMBER 9

Name  --------------------  Charles
Location------------------- Western Europe
occupation/interests--- ---
Candidate Number ----- 1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name  --------------------  Young
Location------------------- Abuja, Nigeria
occupation/interests--- xxxx
Candidate Number ----- 2
Name: Oluseyi
Interests: Engineering
Candidate Number ----- 3
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Oluwabusayo
Interests: Business
Candidate Number ----- 4
Name: 'dedayo (Busy_body)
Candidate Number ----- 5
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Dunmomi (amosexy)
Interests: Student
Candidate Number ----- 6

Name: Ajadrage
Interests: Citizen
Candidate Number -----7

Name: Elias Beneli
Interests: Health (Health service reform, service-user protection)
Candidate Number: 8
Name: Seyi Brown
Interests: Equality and Human Rights
Member Number: 9
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by seyibrown(f): 12:45am On Feb 09, 2009
A few suggestions:

'NIGERIANS FOR GOOD GOVERNANCE'

'NIGERIAN MOVEMENT FOR GOOD GOVERNANCE'

The above suggestions are based on what I have read on here so far. It seems a good idea to throw our weight behind people we know can bring about change in Nigeria. We can make a difference by supporting people who are are passionate about making change happen in Nigeria, People who will do all in their power to make change happen in Nigeria.

We can act by supporting and voting for people who are committed to good governance in 2011!

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing!- Edmund Burke

Nigeria's 'good men'(and women) have done 'nothing' for ages!
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by Nobody: 1:14am On Feb 09, 2009
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by Nobody: 1:23am On Feb 09, 2009
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by Bhola(f): 1:29am On Feb 09, 2009
Actually, brein and seyi brown, if you click on the link that Sky Blue has over there, you will get the new thread and the already on-going plan. Please check it out and get involved! Thanks

Here is the link again:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-230880.0.html
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 09, 2009
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by honeric01(m): 3:32pm On Feb 10, 2009
COUNT ME IN!
HONERIC - CANDIDATE NUMBER 11

Name -------------------- Charles
Location------------------- Western Europe
occupation/interests--- ---
Candidate Number ----- 1
Name -------------------- Young
Location------------------- Abuja, Nigeria
occupation/interests--- xxxx
Candidate Number ----- 2
Name: Oluseyi
Interests: Engineering
Candidate Number ----- 3
Name: Oluwabusayo
Candidate Number ----- 4
Name: 'dedayo (Busy_body)
Candidate Number ----- 5
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Dunmomi (amosexy)
Interests: Student
Candidate Number ----- 6

Name: Ajadrage
Interests: Citizen
Candidate Number -----7

Name: Elias Beneli
Interests: Health (Health service reform, service-user protection)
Candidate Number: 8
Name: Seyi Brown
Interests: Equality and Human Rights
Member Number: 9

Name: PRINCE
Interests: Business enclined,
Member Number: 10

Name: Eric
Interested : Unity and togetherness
Member Number: 11
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by obi06: 9:23pm On Feb 10, 2009
I will like to be a member!!!! hw do i join grin
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by amosexy: 11:48pm On Feb 10, 2009
obi06:

I will like to be a member!!!! hw do i join grin
Follow this link https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-230880.32.html

You are wellcome.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by walata44(m): 11:54pm On Feb 10, 2009
I am in support of this idea, its is great things that Nigeria youth are thinking of how to move the country forward.
I think what can really work is to identify a credible Nigerian and support him/her.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by honeric01(m): 1:53pm On Feb 11, 2009
walata44:

I am in support of this idea, its is great things that Nigeria youth are thinking of how to move the country forward.
I think what can really work is to identify a credible Nigerian and support him/her.

Thats why you need to join the movement so we can rub minds on what to do and how to move this country forward.
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by bilms(m): 2:21pm On Feb 11, 2009
WOW, i acnt beleive we all need change.

This is what i have been thinking about for many months now and finaly @poster make the best move by raising this topic.

well, We need plan, Direction, knowledge and devortion.

About the issue of tribalism, yes, we all really no that is a major problem, but when we talk about Nigeria, i think that superceed any tribe, and secondly we have to be God fearing. why should we be concern about the tribe, when all we need is change? Just as i came up with a copple of facts that says.

Even if a slave came up from an unknown village of Nigeria and we realise he has the quality to be the leader of any group or organization, we should not esitate to use him as the leader and We must support him.and for as long he remain the leader,we must support him willingly or unwillingly, weather we are getting what we want or not.

And if we discover lack of competency in him, we can raise the topic with clear evidence and we all can debate and get to a conclusion.

I am really interested in Becoming part of this.

But note, i thin what we need is not a political party, but firstly, Youth Orientation organization. secondly Youth Forum for change.

These two organization will be really go along way for now.

The youth Orientation Organization, will be focused on orientating the general public, the need for youths to raise up and be part of the government. being part of the government is not directly holding a political position, but to orientate the youth against being used for political violence.

And the Youth Forum for Change will be focused on Finding details about those proposed candidate for all the political post, weather they are capable or not, and if we discover some of them are not capable, we will all fight against it and give out genuine reasons.

Finally from running these kind of organizations, we will gain much knowledge and how we can create a political party and getting the right people.

cheers
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by violent(m): 8:37pm On Jun 05, 2011
undecided
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by henry101(m): 9:56pm On Jun 05, 2011
I will like to be the BOT chairman, grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Political Party? by itstpia1: 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hilarious: Yet Some People Are Saying There Is Recession In Nigeria(photo) / How Lt Col Muhammad Abu-ali Was Killed. An Eyewitness Account / Dear Deji Adeyanju, Stop Deceiving Yourself, You Were Part Of The Old Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.