Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,547 members, 7,809,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal (2102 Views)

"I Was Hired For ₦1,000, Don't Know Why I'm Here" - Pro-Buhari Protester. Video / The Main Reason Igbos Want South South Minorities In Biafra / Why I Want To Succeed Tambuwal As Speaker – Jibrin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by illiad1(m): 6:29am On Apr 30, 2015
Despite not producing any ranking All Progressives Congress senator or member of the House of Representatives for the 8th National Assembly, the South-East geopolitical zone is seeking to succeed Mr. Aminu Tambuwal as the Speaker of the next House.

A Coalition of South-East Buhari/Osinbajo Campaign Movement, on Wednesday called on the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari and the APC’s leadership not to exclude the zone from the sharing of principal offices of the National Assembly.

The group said in Abuja that the APC should endeavour to carry all the geo-political zones of the country along.

The Coordinator of the group, Mr. John Ekeanyanwu, argued that the South-East was an important stakeholder in the development of Nigeria as any other zone, adding that leaving it out in the power sharing arrangement could be counter-productive in the years ahead.

Ekeanyanwu specifically asked that the zone should be allowed to produce the Speaker of the 8th House of Representatives.

He said there were many Igbo people who contributed their time and resources to the overall victory of the party at the recently-concluded general elections.

The group added, “It is noteworthy that the South-East cannot be totally left out in the leadership composition of the 8th National Assembly, most especially in the House of Representatives where we have honourable members elected on the platform of the APC from the South-East.

“We urge and appeal to the National leadership of the APC that as they meet to ratify the zoning arrangement, to consider strongly the South-East for the position of the Speaker of the House of Representatives in the spirit of the principles of federal character, equity, justice and fair play.”

There are two APC lawmakers from Imo State who are first timers and by House rules, are not qualified to hold leadership positions.

The PUNCH learnt that the race for the speakership had long narrowed down to the South-West and the North-East, only awaiting official confirmation by the National Executive Committee of the APC.

However, the South-South zone has also been pushing for the position or at least the Deputy Speaker of the House, having produced two ranking APC members, Mr. Pally Iriase and Mr. Peter Akpatason.

Iriase has since intensified campaign for the position, but House Minority Leader, Mr. Femi Gbajabiamila (South-West); and Chairman, Committee on House Services, Mr. Yakubu Dogara (North-East), are considered to top the chart.

The PUNCH gathered on Wednesday that some influential figures in the APC had reportedly resolved to zone the speakership to the South-West, having agreed that the North-East should produce the Senate President.

“This arrangement, if confirmed, will leave Dogara out to either settle for deputy speaker or contest the election against the zoning formula of his party.

“We also have Mr. Abdulmumini Jibrin, who is in the race, even though his zone (North-West) has not been in the calculations”, one National Assembly official told The PUNCH on Wednesday.

http://www.punchng.com/news/pro-buhari-igbo-want-south-east-to-succeed-tambuwal/

Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by coolcharm(m): 6:33am On Apr 30, 2015
Big joke. U guys are nw clamoring for speakership when you would have had the slot of the President of the Senate on a platter of Gold had Chris Ngigge won in his bid to return to the Senate.

But No! All of una choose to go 'one way' lol!

Lesson? Never put all your eggs in one basket

5 Likes

Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by illiad1(m): 6:35am On Apr 30, 2015
And what progress would the position bring to south east?
You're talking for yourselves and pockets.
We don't need it.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by QuotaSystem: 6:37am On Apr 30, 2015
The almajiris of Nigerian politics are here again with their begging plates.

4 Likes

Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by Redoil: 6:37am On Apr 30, 2015
illiad1:

We don't need it.
this people have a lot to learn from the Yoruba people who kept quiet and went on the attack durring gej tenure.

1 Like

Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by micolaj: 6:44am On Apr 30, 2015
Biafra is here to stay. We still need political leadership position in that country called NIGERIA. Which way to go brothers from the SOUTH EAST? BIAFRA today, NIGERIA tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by saintkash(m): 6:48am On Apr 30, 2015
the contributions of the igbos to the success of APC is so little to asign leadership role to them... having produce only Two first timer in d HOA under the party and yet there want speaker. .. r there expecting apc to give d seat to a house member from another party because igbos constitute alot in d development of dis country. ..even during GEJS regime where thr supported him 100% there didn't get any of such position. ..make dis guys go sleep jor... let the ppl that worked for the success of the party reap the fruits of their labour.

4 Likes

Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by coolitempa(f): 6:51am On Apr 30, 2015
saintkash:
the contributions of the igbos to the success of APC is so little to asign leadership role to them... having produce only Two first timer in d HOA under the party and yet there want speaker. .. r there expecting apc to give d seat to a house member from another party because igbos constitute alot in d development of dis country. ..even during GEJS regime where thr supported him 100% there didn't get any of such position. ..make dis guys go sleep jor... let the ppl that worked for the success of the party reap the fruits of their labour.

Iboes muumuuness is second to none.... grin

3 Likes

Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by mazeltov(m): 6:52am On Apr 30, 2015
I thought they want to break ,,, confused clowns grin

1 Like

Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by stinggy(m): 6:53am On Apr 30, 2015
That the SE couldn't produce a senator under the party is whose fault? You can't decamp now and expect the party hierarchy or Buhari to support you. What about those you met in the party?
As it stands, the only thing the should care about is to be given key Ministries to hold - Finance, Works...

2 Likes

Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by Nonybb: 6:59am On Apr 30, 2015
R
Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by efilefun(m): 7:04am On Apr 30, 2015
@arewafederation wetin i tell you, yesterday i said it that by the time we open nairaland today igbos would have come up with another request from GMB and they didnt disappoint me... so they expecting the same Senators under PDP who are decamping to APC to hold such a high post? What happens to those who stood loyal with APC thru the thick and thin. This people just reason like fish wey no dey inside water sometimes

2 Likes

Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by Caseless: 7:04am On Apr 30, 2015
Those your hate-driven kinsmen denied you that opportunity and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by smarthG(f): 7:12am On Apr 30, 2015
Nigeria is a country and not a politcal party!

If you espectation is for every Nigerian to Love, accept, support and die for APC, then you don't know anything about National development.

You all supporters of APC need to think well because its only a strugle that turns table.
Nothing lasts forever.
Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 30, 2015
The chicken is comming home to roost with the whole top positions in government to be occupied by Muslims, I laugh in cantonese the way some yoruba psychos will come and condemn me for telling them the truth
Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 30, 2015
I smell FP

Just here to read comments.
Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by babyfaceafrica: 7:24am On Apr 30, 2015
In politics,its all about loyalty not sentiments....who was there when others fled?,who layed the golden eggs for the party to suceed? In as much I want the SE and SS to get key post in thee next administration..it aint gont to happen because they did little for APC success..am sure they will get other juicy post
Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by nnachukz(m): 7:30am On Apr 30, 2015
They are speaking for their individual pockets. They should get nothing, if that was why they joined north and west to disrupt our voting pattern now they shall be rewarded with nothing. Next time they will come out in mass and give 100% support to whomever we have chosen.
Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by ishiamu(m): 8:04am On Apr 30, 2015
QuotaSystem:
The almajiri of Nigerian politics are here again with their begging plates.

Mtchew who needs that?? They speak for them selves not us....

Am as for you poster you talk like you relevant when you like a piss of shyt
Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by stinggy(m): 9:39am On Apr 30, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
The chicken is comming home to roost with the whole top positions in government to be occupied by Muslims, I laugh in cantonese the way some yoruba psychos will come and condemn me for telling them the truth

Ohh just shut it up my dear. Even if it's occupied fully by pagans, i'm all for it. If that's what will move this nation forward, so be it.
Sick of you religious bigots. I really don't know which religion thought you to hate others who don't practise same religion with you.

3 Likes

Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by AhmedMustapha(m): 9:58am On Apr 30, 2015
All Nigerians who mean well for their country will wish the new President success. Only those who wish Nigeria bad will wish the President-elect failure
Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by astana1: 10:00am On Apr 30, 2015
Check the thread below

1 Like

Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by disumusa: 10:37am On Apr 30, 2015
i can imagen this red cap ibos as nigerian president, forbiding
Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by tunjion: 10:44am On Apr 30, 2015
astana1:
GEJ administration marginalized AND SACKED PEOPLE TO SET OUT HIS igbo TRIBALISTIC AGENDA

Igbo man Ike Nkeremandu, Deputy Senate President

Igbo man Emeka Ihedioha, Deputy Speaker
(Imagine that in a country with 6 geopolitical zones, one occupies the two of the 4 major National Assemby leadership positions!!)

Igbo man Pius Ayim, Secretary to the Federal Government

igbo man Godwin Emefiele is the governor of the central

bank of Nigeria
Igbo woman, Finance Minister and Co-ordinating Minister
for the Economy
Igbo woman petroluem Minister
Igbo man Nebo, Power Minister

Igbo man Minister of aviation

Printing and Minting - Igbo

Nafdac -Igbo

MINISTER OF Health - Igbo

Jonathan removed other tribes from head of parastatals and put Igbos there but that would be addressed now.Bureau of statistics was filled up with Igbos.
Even the Hausas/Fulanis in military have never done this above show of shame and pure tribalism. And Igbos were quiet all through that administration cos others were marginalised.

THE NORTH AND SOUTH WEST HAVE PRODUCED PRESIDENT AND VICE, THE SPEAKER CAN GO TO THE EAST.
Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by saints2(f): 10:56am On Apr 30, 2015
The Igbos and their greediness, even when they never supported him from day one and you want to enjoy what others sow for? Wait till 2019 and next time learn not to put all your eggs in a basket.
Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by stinggy(m): 1:38pm On Apr 30, 2015
tunjion:

THE NORTH AND SOUTH WEST HAVE PRODUCED PRESIDENT AND VICE, THE SPEAKER CAN GO TO THE EAST.

Is the North one You guys are so quick to forget we have NW, NE and NC. And the dwellers are very distinct from one another

1 Like

Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by arewafederation: 5:57am On May 05, 2015
efilefun:
@arewafederation wetin i tell you, yesterday i said it that by the time we open nairaland today igbos would have come up with another request from GMB and they didnt disappoint me... so they expecting the same Senators under PDP who are decamping to APC to hold such a high post? What happens to those who stood loyal with APC thru the thick and thin. This people just reason like fish wey no dey inside water sometimes

lol @ reasoning like fish wey no de inside water". cheesy

Like a poster above said, they are the almajiris of Nigerian politics.

1 Like

Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by kettykin: 6:18am On May 05, 2015
Redoil:
this people have a lot to learn from the Yoruba people who kept quiet and went on the attack durring gej tenure.

Nothing to learn from vultures
Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by efilefun(m): 6:20am On May 05, 2015
Lol
Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by Remarkable: 6:46am On May 05, 2015
I missed the part of the report where the allegation of seccession is made... can someone point it out? or else the topic of this thread should be changed to the over flogged topic of Igbo politicians campaigning for political appointments.
Ihere anaghi eme ha.
Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by dridowu: 6:48am On May 05, 2015
Good Morning Nigerians
Re: Pro-Buhari Igbo Want South-East To Succeed Tambuwal by owobokiri(m): 9:21am On May 05, 2015
illiad1:

We don't need it.

Are you sure that the so-called "igbo organisation" exists? That 'organisation' may only exist in the head of some south west news editors. Punch is a very bitter, petty clanish media house desperately whipping up ethnic sentiments to achieve some tribal goals. You can call it a yorobba foundamentalist newspaper. Take a second look at the first paragraph. . It is a supposedly national media house finding different inventive ways to mock a section of the country. Sectional reporting amongst the media houses from the Lagos-ibadam flank is one of the major problems accentuating te level of ethnic discord in this country. Media houses driving sectional agenda. Corrupt folks from their area are protected while those from the enemy clans are brutalised.

Political leaders from other areas are insulted and systematically humuliated while drug lords leading the home front are deified and desperately shielded.. Imagine an igbo leaders drug past being bursted like Daily beast did tinubu, it would have been screaming headlines day in-day out till he is humuliated out of the public view. Remember Oduah? Compare whatever she was accused of/went through with say the different unbelievable scams trailing Tinubu including his familys oil subsidy payment scam. The Yoruba press wants Deizianni hurled into prison, but Obasanjo was oil minister for 7 corrupt years and is still their father of moder Nigeria!. Bottomline; these guys are not interested in fairness or any fight against corruption. These are tribal hyenas snarling left and right.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oil Scarcity / Strike Action: More Facts Emerge As The Dust Settles / Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze / What Is The NSCDC ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.