Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,001 members, 7,799,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food (28683 Views)

My Wife Has Given Me Days To Come For Sex Every Week / This Man Almost Blind His Wife Just Because She Greet Her Pastor. (photo) / See How This Kid Greet Her Daddy On Father's Day(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by CAPTIVATOR: 1:48pm On May 03, 2015
Hmm ... She doesnt have to demand it dats wrong (demanding it can make the husband giv fake compliments ), but a husband should learn to appreciate his wife's effort too . how i wish we could follow this advice from An ancient but powerful writing to husbands

" you husbands, in the same way, continue dwelling with them according to knowledge. Assign them honor as to a weaker vessel, the feminine one"
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 03, 2015
njokusboy:

Failure, a wife cooking for her husband is no favour.... she is just being a wife...

Op, tell ur wife thank you after eating her delicious meal, not because, she has done you a favour, but because you appreciate her... it's courtesy...
Nd she shouldn't insist on it as though it's a right, does she thank you when you give her money for the food?
If she's the one that brings money nko, you'd not only have to thank her, you'd also need to kiss her feet lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

So if she does not cook, she is not a wife? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 03, 2015
adanduka:

Of course, we are not.
Some women, however, start behaving strangely when they pay the bills.
My mum tells my dad thank you after eating and my dad says thank you to her too. Mum's own sounds like a respect-formality kinda thing while dad's sounds like a thanks-for-the-great-meal kinda thing.
Your wife shouldn't tell you to say thank you. You're not a child. But you need to commend her on her culinary skills, that's what she might be asking here.

That's the problem. .....men forever expecting their wives to be like their mothers undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by evea: 2:07pm On May 03, 2015
Dera25:
My wife says I should be greeting her each time I finish eating, if not for anything but for the sake that she take her time prepare the food and serve me. She says that she deserves a greeting from me.

I said okay, just that it is not part of our culture and I don't think I will be keep up greeting her each time she gives me food.

It is not that greeting her will reduce anything from me but the issue is that I don't usually remember this greeting after eating because it is not part of me, although I do greet sometimes for peace to reign, but the way she reminds me of this greeting of a thing gets me angry, as if it is mandatory or something to the extent that sometimes we've had issues because of it.

So daddies and mummies in the house, do you greet your wife after she has given you food? Or do your husband greet you after eating? If yes is it a mandate or just for fun?

Please let me remind you that this is not the issue of been a breadwinner or not. I beg you to forgive my long story and wrong grammer for I am not a grammerian.

Thanks in advance.

please bros, u don't know what we women face. We are prone to cancer from the kitchen. directly from the heat. We sacrifice our lives 4 u each moment. I say sorry, please and thanks to strangers. It shows that I am grateful for dt moment u take for me. U can use it romantically 4 her. dis little tins count 4 women and it increases deir love 4 u instead of respect. read the bible again and reflect on it. I once had a papa.RIP. His wife does everything 4 him cos d little tins he says 2 her even in my present. deir marriage lasted 43yrs and death do dem part.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by ezeonwe: 2:10pm On May 03, 2015
It is necessary, not mandatory. If the man forgets, the wife doesn't have to remind him because it doesn't matter and shouldn't bring about any disagreement.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by logica(m): 2:12pm On May 03, 2015
ezeonwe:
It is necessary, not mandatory. If the man forgets, the wife doesn't have to remind him because it doesn't matter and shouldn't bring about any disagreement.
Huh?
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by ochiosa(m): 2:13pm On May 03, 2015
IN MY HOUSE REVERSE is the CASES MY WIFE GREETS ME AFTER SERVING THE FOOD AND DOES THE SAME WHEN I FINNISH EATING, I ONLY GIVE HER SMALL MEAT AFTER EATING IE IF SHE DID NOT EAT WITH ME
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 03, 2015
emmatok:

So marriage has now become legalistic that we have to apply rules for everything,
If you want thank you to feed your family, you should also thank him for banging you.
Hope she also thanked him for paying her bride price.
Marriage should be enjoyable .

I will take it, that you are not married yet. When that time comes, you will be wiser.

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Petra23(f): 2:15pm On May 03, 2015
Well,saying thank you after eating her meal shows u do appreciate it. but then, it's not for her to demand for it and also it isn't a favour to cook for one's husband but rather a duty as a wife.saying thank you should come frome your heart nt mandatory

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by ajgmja5tm: 2:19pm On May 03, 2015
Get Hooked up with our Collections of Sugar daddy and Sugar mummy in your areas. Anywhere in the Country.

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by bettercreature(m): 2:22pm On May 03, 2015
braine:
Its actually ungrateful of you not to atleast thank her. You think its easy to cook? I'm sure you're not used to that too. You should thank her for every single thing she does for you, to show a sign of appreciation! Plus, she may be your wife but that doesn't make her your slave.
Mumunatu......I pity you,thank ko,tanker ni
It's normal to say thank you sometimes but she has no single right to demand for it
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Owliver(m): 2:22pm On May 03, 2015
Very enlightening but Nawa o lipsrsealed
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by ireneidiva(f): 2:23pm On May 03, 2015
tonyx4x44:

typical african culture does not see the wife serving the husband as a favour, rather as a compulsory obligation.
probably expects the woman to be grateful self that her food was eaten well.
The same culture that keeps africa backwards up till now right?

3 Likes

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 03, 2015
I guess there's something u re not telling us.shes fending for the family I guess.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Owliver(m): 2:25pm On May 03, 2015
Petra23:
Well,saying thank you after eating her meal shows u do appreciate it. but then, it's not for her to demand for it and also it isn't a favour to cook for one's husband but rather a duty as a wife.saying thank you should come frome your heart nt mandatory
yh this what I intended to say. Thank you
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by morgang(m): 2:31pm On May 03, 2015
Dera25:
My wife says I should be greeting her each time I finish eating, if not for anything but for the sake that she take her time prepare the food and serve me. She says that she deserves a greeting from me.

I said okay, just that it is not part of our culture and I don't think I will be keep up greeting her each time she gives me food.

It is not that greeting her will reduce anything from me but the issue is that I don't usually remember this greeting after eating because it is not part of me, although I do greet sometimes for peace to reign, but the way she reminds me of this greeting of a thing gets me angry, as if it is mandatory or something to the extent that sometimes we've had issues because of it.

So daddies and mummies in the house, do you greet your wife after she has given you food? Or do your husband greet you after eating? If yes is it a mandate or just for fun?

Please let me remind you that this is not the issue of been a breadwinner or not. I beg you to forgive my long story and wrong grammer for I am not a grammerian.

Thanks in advance.

OK op... Will she, as well, expect you to thank her after having sex with her
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by petermichaels(m): 2:36pm On May 03, 2015
Simply put, YES!!!
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by jemype(m): 2:38pm On May 03, 2015
na wa oo. we should say thanks for cooking and for her sweeping the house then what exactly is her own contribution to d marriage this is the reason I had to go nd learn how to cook very well nd do household chores as I knew shit will get real. honestly if its me she tells I will tell her thank you and start cooking by myself.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by kingogundana: 2:40pm On May 03, 2015
OP this your question or headline did not have head, do you know why

How can your wife mandatory it for you to thank her after each meal?

How many times your wife thank God for the provision of the food itself?

Sit your wife down and discuss with her not to allow complementary issue after meal to scatter her home cos small thing like this can scatter a family
if you remember fine @ compliment, if you don't remember fine cos her life did not depend on this

I pray to God to give you and your wife the wisdom you need to handle your house issue than putting your affairs on Nairaland, God bless us all
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by jemype(m): 2:41pm On May 03, 2015
omo as for u ur matter strong o. u don go get logo and e b lyk say u register ur own sugar mummy and daddy company.
ajgmja5tm:
Get Hooked up with our Collections of Sugar daddy and Sugar mummy in your areas. Anywhere in the Country.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by tonyx4x44(m): 3:01pm On May 03, 2015
ireneidiva:

The same culture that keeps africa backwards up till now right?

exactly
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Petra23(f): 3:07pm On May 03, 2015
Owliver:
yh this what I intended to say. Thank you
welcome
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by pomsky: 3:16pm On May 03, 2015
Dera25:

Thanks in advance.

[size=14pt].....i regularly thank my wife EACH TIME she serves me food even b4 eating. Then if i really enjoyed the meal, i praise her after eating.
Then, after eating, i thank anyone who carries my tray of empty plates away. I just like showing my appreciation for their efforts in the kitchen & taking care of me![/size]
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 03, 2015
Wedon:

Please what's the big deal

When someone serves you a meal, you should say 'thank you' . . . Be it your wife at home, waiter in a restaurant or even your cook. It's common courtesy for God's sakes.

And yes, my husband thanks me. Not necessarily out of 'respect' but out of courtesy.

Should be both respect and custesy.

Just like giving money or gift to your parent and they refuse to say thank you because it their right. Who does that?

1 Like

Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by bankai2015(f): 3:48pm On May 03, 2015
maybe you dey broke and she don start to pay light bill and house rent, automaticaly you don turn the wife while she is the husband nw,
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 03, 2015
Hmm, is it mandatory she thanks u after giving her d monthly allowance?
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by plants: 3:54pm On May 03, 2015
not mandatory but neccessary
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by bankai2015(f): 3:57pm On May 03, 2015
evea:

please bros, u don't know what we women face. We are prone to cancer from the kitchen. directly from the heat. We sacrifice our lives 4 u each moment. I say sorry, please and thanks to strangers. It shows that I am grateful for dt moment u take for me. U can use it romantically 4 her. dis little tins count 4 women and it increases deir love 4 u instead of respect. read the bible again and reflect on it. I once had a papa.RIP. His wife does everything 4 him cos d little tins he says 2 her even in my present. deir marriage lasted 43yrs and death do dem part.
the most useless comment i don ever read, our mother of those days were dey cook like mad, them get cancer? very demonic thinking you have
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Medinat20(f): 3:58pm On May 03, 2015
Pls help me out too my fiance insists I kneel dwn and greet him everyday.. good morning good afternoon and good night..each day I do dat am his queen and d owner of his heart,anytime I dont remember he will start telling me d story of hw hes about to pay my bride price and asking me if ds is hw I will bhave wen we r married immediately I will kneel dwn apologise and correct myself..truout dat day he wunt even bother talking to me,if I ask him a que he will just b saying hmm or he nods his head..is it bcus hes in d army or its me bcus av not being married before..he knws am submissive but this issue always cause most of our misunderstandings.
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by practicalclass: 4:23pm On May 03, 2015
Men, its only nice to say thank you to your spouse after they have burned calories to get calories into your body.
It strengthens the bond of love

#lookingforwardtomaritalbliss#
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by kingolovich(m): 4:42pm On May 03, 2015
Wedon:

Please what's the big deal

When someone serves you a meal, you should say 'thank you' . . . Be it your wife at home, waiter in a restaurant or even your cook. It's common courtesy for God's sakes.

And yes, my husband thanks me. Not necessarily out of 'respect' but out of courtesy.
Is this ur account? cos na (m) I dey see o instead of (f). lol :-)
Re: Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 03, 2015
2 of you should just tell each other thank u each time nu remember

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Court Grants Wives Equal Rights Over Husbands’ Properties / My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms / To My Future Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.