Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,632 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul (48926 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Ministerial List: I Am Disappointed, Says Balarabe Musa / Helen Mukoro Is Presidential Candidate In Spain (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by HelenBee(f): 7:05am On May 01, 2015
Read her piece as published on The Trent below:

The comedian and mother of two Helen Paul, writes down her views and disappointment in President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari recent statement that he cannot guarantee the safe return of the kidnapped Chibok girls..

Hmmm… it’s one year and some days now since the Chibok girls have been missing. Yet, the days are still counting because we have no clue about their whereabouts.

This is a very sad development indeed. No doubt, it was a disappointment that the outgoing government failed to locate and rescue the girls from the hands of their Boko Haram abductors.

As a mother, who knows what the pains of child labour and child upbringing are all about, I heaved a sigh of relief when Muhammadu Buhari emerged winner of the presidential election. It was not because I like him more than Jonathan, but because I listened to one of his campaigns, where he promised to bring back the girls if elected into office.

Perhaps, Nigerians elected him on that premise.
I feel that, at least, it will be a great achievement for whoever locates and brings back the girls to their respective families. In fact, whoever achieves that will be celebrated as a hero all over the world. But then, I have seen another reason to believe that all politicians are the same.

Their modus operandi may only be different. A few days ago, exactly when it clocked one year that the girls had been missing, Buhari broke my heart, just like that of other Nigerians when he said his government could not promise to bring back the girls! I felt really devastated because that comment was a sharp contrast to the promises he made to all Nigerians and the world at large during his campaigns.

Honestly, I try not to be disappointed because you can always expect anything from Nigerians, politicians in particular. They can promise heaven on earth during campaigns, but the moment they get to power, they promptly renege on their promises. Such is life in this part of the world where we find ourselves.

I tried to put myself in the shoes of the parents, relatives and neighbours of the missing girls, who, perhaps, solicited votes for the retired General after hearing his campaign promise that he would bring back the girls. How will they feel now hearing him say something to the contrary?

There is an adage in Yoruba that says ‘ omo eni ku san ju omo eni sonu lo,’ meaning that it is better for someone’s child to die than to be missing. I can imagine the different thoughts and imaginations that would have saddled the minds of those girls’ parents. If the girls are dead (which I don’t pray for anyway), the parents will mourn for sometime and recover, but that they are missing is another experience entirely.

http://www..ng/2015/04/30/i-am-disappointed-in-buhari-helen-paul-must-read/

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by midolian(m): 7:09am On May 01, 2015
Hmm..make hellen calm down abeg

When Buhari made that statement, I was a bit disappointed @ first too..buh then, I took a few minutes to think of the possible reasons why he made such a comment..I thought to myself "what if these girls are no more?",How do you expect Buhari to bring back the girls that are no more? As we all know, this governmnt hav not been sincere with the issue of our missing girls..
Just about 48hrs ago, 200girls and 93(or more)women were rescued and till this moment, they claim not to know where those girls were abducted from..My question is this "Are those girls deaf and dumbs? Can't they speak? A simple interview will do.. I watched channelsTV news yesternight and I was taken aback on hearing olukolade say they don't know exactly who those girls are, buh they arnt the chibok girls..shocked shocked shocked. 290+? .. Abeg boko haram don dey produce women?

How can I forget the 160+ girls that were rescued yesterday.. They are still not the chibok girls o!shocked ..Well, God knows best.

All I am saying is Buhari is a wise man and I am sure he knows what he is doing..Maybe Hellen paul didn't hear the part where he said "If the girls are alive, his government will do everything within its powers to bring them back"..these are the words of a wise man.. Let's be patient with him

330 Likes 31 Shares

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by delishpot: 7:09am On May 01, 2015
Its Well. I don tire for politics and human greed for power sef.

11 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by baybeeboi: 7:12am On May 01, 2015
like disappointed in #BabaOneChance

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by fitzmayowa: 7:13am On May 01, 2015
Anything coming from a politician during campaign should be taken as a "pinch of salt" until when they deliver on those promises...IMO

17 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by efilefun(m): 7:16am On May 01, 2015
Some people just reason like fools, who know the present conditions of the girls After a year. Are they dead, are they been sold, or are they even together anymore If they are dead GMB should go wake them right A government that neglected them in the forest for a whole year ain't disappointing right madam face your comedy jare

With the numbers of girls been rescued this week, aren't we supposed to be worried about the actual number of females been kidnapped If about 300+ could be rescued and the chibok girls are not among, then i believe we could have thousands of people already been kidnapped while we only lingering on the chibok girls who might have been killed already (hopefully not)

170 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by babyfaceafrica: 7:17am On May 01, 2015
Wait o....she is dissapointed thaT buhari wa been realistic ? Well unless buhari himself kidnapped those girls,thhen I don't expect him to bring back those girls easily,only God knows where they are...helen abeg leave all this sentiments and emotions...only God can guarantee the safe retun of those girls

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Nobody: 7:20am On May 01, 2015
Na who e concern?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by loomer: 7:24am On May 01, 2015
Next chapter
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by joseph1832(m): 7:26am On May 01, 2015
She and her disappointment can wait for a while. The Chibok girls are already the fault of GEJ because he wasted more than enough time denying that the girls were ctually kidnapped!.

Why transfer the burden of GEJ failures to GMB!. In time, I trust the general may just surprise us all. So Helen, your disappointment can wait!.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Ilekeh(f): 7:29am On May 01, 2015
Who is Helen Paul and what type of vegetables does she sell?

62 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by mrvitalis(m): 7:31am On May 01, 2015
am more disappointed in HELEN PAUL for being so shallow minded ...........so if the girls are dead he should go to the land of the dead to bring them ba

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Burger01(m): 7:36am On May 01, 2015
efilefun:
Some people just reason like fools, who know the present conditions of the girls After a year. Are they dead, are they been sold, or are they even together anymore If they are dead GMB should go wake them right A government that neglected them in the forest for a whole year ain't disappointing right madam face your comedy jare
Don't mind them. As if the girls got kidnapped under Buhari's watch. Jonathan dey there dem no blame him. Presido-elect never sworn in and people don dey blame him already. Nigerians are the most complicated people on earth I can think of. Their wahala three much. Kilode!smileysad

Btw, who knows whether the missing girls aren't shared among these terrorist pigs, converted and gotten pregnant or that the girls are dead. I tend to go with the former than the latter.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by CountDracula(m): 7:40am On May 01, 2015
Why she no contest nah? She for contest against buhari too nah

31 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by CountDracula(m): 7:42am On May 01, 2015
HelenBee:

Read her piece as published on The Trent below:
The comedian Helen Paul
Oook. She's jus kidding

30 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by dre11(m): 7:46am On May 01, 2015
She allowed emotion to becloud her sense of judgment.....

Am sure if those girls are still alive
They would be found with the progress the military are making in the simbasi forest
Everyday we keep hearing of girls and women being rescure and am sure theirs won't be a forgotten issue

12 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Volksfuhrer(m): 7:53am On May 01, 2015
This issue is way out of Buhari's hands. These girls have been in captivity for over a year! And the probability of these girls being rescued gets slimmer every day, and slimmer still before Buhari is sworn in!

It's depressing, but Buhari was being very honest.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by hassan85(m): 7:55am On May 01, 2015
An intelligent person should understand wat Gmb meant. Hes d president elect. Plus til date, nobody ve seen ds girls after 1year one month. Nobody including mr gej knws dia where about. So he gmb wil need to settle down. Let helen paul grow up and talk like an intelectual.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by HelenBee(f): 8:02am On May 01, 2015
Ilekeh:
Who is Helen Paul and what type of vegetables does she sell?
LMAO!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by fyneguy: 8:06am On May 01, 2015
I thought Helen Paul had a brain

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by kathykathy(f): 8:07am On May 01, 2015
Nigerians are not just complicated bt dynamic,,,,,GEJ was meant to use his power to rescue doz girls eva since bt fear no gree am,,,,haba GMB neva dey rule bt he is using his wisdom already,,,,bia comedian helen wen be d date of d next nite of a thousand laff jare.

15 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by W3xy1(m): 8:08am On May 01, 2015
grin grin grin
fyneguy:
I thought Helen Paul had a brain
tongue tongue tongue
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by ki02020(m): 8:18am On May 01, 2015
Was joseph father( in the bible) sure of his son coming back....he simply lost hope that he had been by a wild animal

5 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by garrix8: 8:18am On May 01, 2015
This foolish woman should Shut her smelling mouth. You're disappointed in a Man who hasn't been sworn in but pleased with the M0R0N who for six years couldn't tackle Boko Haram and under whose watch the girls have been in captivity for over a year.

Silly Woman.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by bilulu(m): 8:21am On May 01, 2015
midolian:
Hmm..make hellen calm down abeg

When Buhari made that statement, I was a bit disappointed @ first too..buh then, I took a few minutes to think of the possible reasons why he made such a comment..I thought to myself "what if those girls are no more?",How do you expect Buhari to bring back the girls that are no more? As we all know, this governmnt has not been sincere with the issue of our missing girls..
Just about 48hrs ago, 200girls and 93(or more)women were rescued and till this moment, they claim not to know where those girls were abducted from..My question is this "Are those girls deaf and dumbs? Can't they speak? A simple interview will do? I watched channelsTV news yesternight and I was taken aback on hearing olukolade say they don't know exactly who those girls are, buh they arnt the chibok girls..shocked shocked shocked. 290+? .. Abeg boko haram don dey produce women?

How can I forget the 160+ girls that were rescued yesterday.. They are still not the chibok girls o!shocked ..Well, God knows best.

All I am saying is Buhari is a wise man and I am sure he knows what he is doing..I am sure Hellen paul didn't hear the part when he said "If the girls are alive, his government will do everything within its powers to bring them back"..these are the words of a wise man.. Let's be patient with him
he should ve tot of dat before promising to bring dem back

14 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by igbsam(m): 8:23am On May 01, 2015
who cares

Buhari no know you before, so park well. He isn't sworn in yet and all of you have started having orgasm

10 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Nobody: 8:23am On May 01, 2015
the change they seek for is already here........una never see anything yet. you cant eat your cake and have it.. sit back and enjoy what this ineptitude government brings to your table..na una vote am so make una enjoy am. undecided undecided undecided undecided

8 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Firefire(m): 8:23am On May 01, 2015
The conspiracy theories surrounding the missing Chibok girls still lingers.

One day Nigerians will hear the real and true story surrounding the kidnap incident.

- Was there any kidnap in the first place or just an arranged relocation of the girls?

- If there was a kidnap, are the figures given accurate?

- Who and who are culpable in the whole missing girl’s episode?

Nigeria and her scriptwriters should know that there is no secret under the heavens.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by anonimi: 8:23am On May 01, 2015
Sparks will start flying from the BLIND Bartemaeus chanters of change grin grin
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by eonuegbu20: 8:23am On May 01, 2015
lol...Ain't That a Joke?

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by pretydiva(f): 8:24am On May 01, 2015
Wey tin dey worry dis lady ni Y she n her hubby nor enter d sambisa forest go rescue d gals

10 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by salmonkay: 8:24am On May 01, 2015
mrvitalis:
am more disappointed in HELEN PAUL for being so shallow minded ...........so if the girls are dead he should go to the land of the dead to bring them ba
THATS IS JUST THE RIGHT ANSWER FOR THE FOOL.
INFACT AS SHE MARRIED,IF NO SHE CANT GET ONE.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Poses With His Son, Yusuf At The Presidential Villa. Photos / Oshiomhole Replies INEC On Zamfara Primary Elections / COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.