Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul (48940 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Ministerial List: I Am Disappointed, Says Balarabe Musa / Helen Mukoro Is Presidential Candidate In Spain (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by tivta(m): 8:42am On May 01, 2015
Am disappointed in some nigerians, didn't they hear when Buhari said he would bring back the girls? Now they are saying he is being realistic? SMH, why promise something during campaign only to CHANGE after winning? I pity this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Nobody: 8:42am On May 01, 2015
I have noted that most APC supporters are very unintelligent or are simply hypocrites. Helen Paul is a Nigerian, and Buhari is the President-elect, so Helen Paul has right to air her view;

Buhari, promised to #BringBackOurGirls during his campaigns, and he also made some other promises which are the reasons people voted for him. For some, it was just the Promise to rescue the girls that they voted him for. But if after giving him that vote, and he has successful won, then he decided to change his promise, by saying he can not assure anyone that he can #BringBackOurGirls but went ahead to hire the #BringBackOurGirls founder into his TC, it means Buhari is wicked. It is either that #BringBackOurGirls organization was a political tool or that he is trying to shut her up and destroy the group. Both ways, he is NOT the Change Agent we wanted. He lied. I want you all to see this Buhari as President-elect of Nigeria and NOT President-elect of APC, and again, stop insulting people who have contrary opinions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by XBLadez: 8:43am On May 01, 2015
Bifwoli:
When it rains,it pours...just wait for more GMB disappointments to come in torrents.Many more followers will also fall in line and ditch this goat herder.
No, sir, he has upgraded to rearing cows and almajiris

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by nneka115: 8:44am On May 01, 2015
Some people don't really know how to reason, I've noticed. Her point wasn't that he said he could not bring them back but that he used it to campaign, he said if elected, he would bring dem back and then he got elected and immediately changed mouth. Is English a problem for y'all?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Samirana360(m): 8:44am On May 01, 2015
Burger01:

Don't mind them. As if the girls got kidnapped under Buhari's watch. Jonathan dey there dem no blame him. Presido-elect never sworn in and people don dey blame him already. Nigerians are the most complicated people on earth I can think of. Their wahala three much. Kilode!smileysad

Btw, who knows whether the missing girls aren't shared among these terrorist pigs, converted and gotten pregnant or that the girls are dead. I tend to go with the former than the latter.
Did u read her article?

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Nellybii: 8:45am On May 01, 2015
tobdee:
the change they seek for is already here........una never see anything yet. you cant eat your cake and have it.. sit back and enjoy what this ineptitude government brings to your table..na una vote am so make una enjoy am. undecided undecided undecided undecided

We are going to enjoy him after he becomes C.inC Haters like you can go jump in the Lagoon where you belong Ediot
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by FitnessNigeria: 8:46am On May 01, 2015
There is one Reason no politicians can disappoint me..

I don't expect anything from them.

So when you don't expect anything from anyone, he/she can disappoint you.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Situation001(m): 8:47am On May 01, 2015
baybeeboi:
like disappointed in #BabaOneChance
I dont expect anything less from a person from akwa ibom.. #ThinkingWithYourBrainUpsideDown undecided
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by TonyCoaL01(m): 8:48am On May 01, 2015
Why are u people xoxo curious like dis. Although Muhammad Buhari said that but,he haven't got the power yet. He is still under jonathan until the swearing day. Ahbeg Let's just wait and c what's going to happen..☹☹
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by anonimi: 8:48am On May 01, 2015
tivta:
Am disappointed in some nigerians, didn't they hear when Buhari said he would bring back the girls? Now they are saying he is being realistic? SMH, why promise something during campaign only to CHANGE after winning? I pity this country.

Abeg nor mind our people o jare, na the winchious effects of APC hypnotising magic wey never wear off fully from dem brain undecided shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2162677_img20150225204321edit_jpeg56bb1cb2db278f716bb3a9df7c4cd726
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by 0ldirtybastard(m): 8:49am On May 01, 2015
This is exactly how foolish people are quick to voice promises they know may be hard to fulfill. You elected Buhari, an idiotic felon who doesn't even know the colour of the nigerian flag and you're blaming us for asking of him what he promised us via his manifesto? Anyway, gej was an slowpoke.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by charlie009: 8:50am On May 01, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

If the girls are dead, married out or used in suicide bombing, na Buhari go bring them back? Why did Jonathan swing into action immediately the girls were kidnapped?
what action did that clueless president swing into immediately?
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Depathologist: 8:51am On May 01, 2015
Helen Paul or whatever you called yourself. You can as well go after the Boko Haram and bring back the girls now. You think everything is about comedy Nonsense
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by donbrowser(m): 8:51am On May 01, 2015
midolian:
Hmm..make hellen calm down abeg

When Buhari made that statement, I was a bit disappointed @ first too..buh then, I took a few minutes to think of the possible reasons why he made such a comment..I thought to myself "what if these girls are no more?",How do you expect Buhari to bring back the girls that are no more? As we all know, this governmnt hav not been sincere with the issue of our missing girls..
Just about 48hrs ago, 200girls and 93(or more)women were rescued and till this moment, they claim not to know where those girls were abducted from..My question is this "Are those girls deaf and dumbs? Can't they speak? A simple interview will do? I watched channelsTV news yesternight and I was taken aback on hearing olukolade say they don't know exactly who those girls are, buh they arnt the chibok girls..shocked shocked shocked. 290+? .. Abeg boko haram don dey produce women?

How can I forget the 160+ girls that were rescued yesterday.. They are still not the chibok girls o!shocked ..Well, God knows best.

All I am saying is Buhari is a wise man and I am sure he knows what he is doing..Maybe Hellen paul didn't hear the part where he said "If the girls are alive, his government will do everything within its powers to bring them back"..these are the words of a wise man.. Let's be patient with him
I reserve my comments
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by teadrake(m): 8:52am On May 01, 2015
midolian:

When Buhari made that statement, I was a bit disappointed @ first too..buh then, I took a few minutes to think of the possible reasons why he made such a comment..I thought to myself "what if these girls are no more?",How do you expect Buhari to bring back the girls that are no more? As we all know, this governmnt hav not been sincere with the issue of our missing girls..
Just about 48hrs ago, 200girls and 93(or more)women were rescued and till this moment, they claim not to know where those girls were abducted from..My question is this "Are those girls deaf and dumbs? Can't they speak? A simple interview will do? I watched channelsTV news yesternight and I was taken aback on hearing olukolade say they don't know exactly who those girls are, buh they arnt the chibok girls..shocked shocked shocked. 290+? .. Abeg boko haram don dey produce women?

How can I forget the 160+ girls that were rescued yesterday.. They are still not the chibok girls o!shocked ..Well, God knows best.

All I am saying is Buhari is a wise man and I am sure he knows what he is doing..Maybe Hellen paul didn't hear the part where he said "If the girls are alive, his government will do everything within its powers to bring them back"..these are the words of a wise man.. Let's be patient with him
Your acumen is overwhelming bro. it gives me joy knowing we still have reasonable people like you here.A hot coffee to be shared with this perfect gentleman

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Nobody: 8:52am On May 01, 2015
midolian:

Ur like ur master buhari - ur already making excuses as he has been doing since he was elected
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by toprealman: 8:52am On May 01, 2015
#BabaNowYouHaveLostIt
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by JayJustus(m): 8:52am On May 01, 2015
and I will still say it up till tomorrow... CHIBOK GIRLS is a fictional movie...
setting---- sambisa
main actors--- FG, phantom shekau
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by nneka115: 8:52am On May 01, 2015
Billyonaire:
I have noted that most APC supporters are very unintelligent or are simply hypocrites. Helen Paul is a Nigerian, and Buhari is the President-elect, so Helen Paul has right to air her view;

Buhari, promised to #BringBackOurGirls during his campaigns, and he also made some other promises which are the reasons people voted for him. For some, it was just the Promise to rescue the girls that they voted him for. But if after giving him that vote, and he has successful won, then he decided to change his promise, by saying he can not assure anyone that he can #BringBackOurGirls but went ahead to hire the #BringBackOurGirls founder into his TC, it means Buhari is wicked. It is either that #BringBackOurGirls organization was a political tool or that he is trying to shut her up and destroy the group. Both ways, he is NOT the Change Agent we wanted. He lied. I want you all to see this Buhari as President-elect of Nigeria and NOT President-elect of APC, and again, stop insulting people who have contrary opinions.

Very unintelligent supporters. They can never reason things.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by tinsel: 8:52am On May 01, 2015
nneka115:
Some people don't really know how to reason, I've noticed. Her point wasn't that he said he could not bring them back but that he used it to campaign, he said if elected, he would bring dem back and then he got elected and immediately changed mouth. Is English a problem for y'all?
You are a reasoner
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by baybeeboi: 8:53am On May 01, 2015
Situation001:

I dont expect anything less from a person from akwa ibom.. #ThinkingWithYourBrainUpsideDown undecided
Akwa what?
Nd you are?
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by unclejb2(m): 8:54am On May 01, 2015
HelenBee:
Read her piece as published on The Trent below:

The comedian and mother of two Helen Paul, writes down her views and disappointment in President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari recent statement that he cannot guarantee the safe return of the kidnapped Chibok girls..

Hmmm… it’s one year and some days now since the Chibok girls have been missing. Yet, the days are still counting because we have no clue about their whereabouts.

This is a very sad development indeed. No doubt, it was a disappointment that the outgoing government failed to locate and rescue the girls from the hands of their Boko Haram abductors.

As a mother, who knows what the pains of child labour and child upbringing are all about, I heaved a sigh of relief when Muhammadu Buhari emerged winner of the presidential election. It was not because I like him more than Jonathan, but because I listened to one of his campaigns, where he promised to bring back the girls if elected into office.

Perhaps, Nigerians elected him on that premise.
I feel that, at least, it will be a great achievement for whoever locates and brings back the girls to their respective families. In fact, whoever achieves that will be celebrated as a hero all over the world. But then, I have seen another reason to believe that all politicians are the same.

Their modus operandi may only be different. A few days ago, exactly when it clocked one year that the girls had been missing, Buhari broke my heart, just like that of other Nigerians when he said his government could not promise to bring back the girls! I felt really devastated because that comment was a sharp contrast to the promises he made to all Nigerians and the world at large during his campaigns.

Honestly, I try not to be disappointed because you can always expect anything from Nigerians, politicians in particular. They can promise heaven on earth during campaigns, but the moment they get to power, they promptly renege on their promises. Such is life in this part of the world where we find ourselves.

I tried to put myself in the shoes of the parents, relatives and neighbours of the missing girls, who, perhaps, solicited votes for the retired General after hearing his campaign promise that he would bring back the girls. How will they feel now hearing him say something to the contrary?

There is an adage in Yoruba that says ‘ omo eni ku san ju omo eni sonu lo,’ meaning that it is better for someone’s child to die than to be missing. I can imagine the different thoughts and imaginations that would have saddled the minds of those girls’ parents. If the girls are dead (which I don’t pray for anyway), the parents will mourn for sometime and recover, but that they are missing is another experience entirely.

http://www..ng/2015/04/30/i-am-disappointed-in-buhari-helen-paul-must-read/
After May 29..... #Buharibringoutyourgirls
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by bfire(m): 8:54am On May 01, 2015
Is this woman having this opinion serve on the prism of comedy or is she oblivious to the fact that you can not guarantee what is doubtful

There's been some rescue of more than 450 women and non are Chibok girls.

Those whose responsibility it is don't know where the girls are. You can't see when your eyes are closed.

He has succinctly defined his responsibility. He's commuted to getting them if they are still alive. That's what is needed

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by iretiland: 8:55am On May 01, 2015
I hope she wasn't one of those dumb nollywood people who campaigned against the return of those girls by supporting Jonathan during the last election. The shameless and brainless bunch of those copy-copy actors and actresses didn't leave us any doubt about where their allegiance to Jonathan and his visionless desire to continue in office at the expense of the continue enslavement of those girls........ even while some of them claims to be campaining for the welbeing of the girl-child. People with very tiny brain who find it difficult to understand big issues.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by TopHand: 8:55am On May 01, 2015
This woman u get problem, I pity ya husband, after more than one year wey these girls don disappear finish u come dey expect guarantee na so people dey carry another man wahala 4 yur village, I beg carry yur disappointment go ya house, shey if somebody no do foundation well well dem come tell u say make u build 4 storey on top u go give guarantee ?
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by oluwafemi113(m): 8:56am On May 01, 2015
Y
midolian:

More Blessing Brother
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by DoubleRichies(m): 8:57am On May 01, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]My dear Helen u have no reason to be disapointed, if he promise n fail u look 4 other things 2 say. Hundreds of persons has being freed, but the girls r nt there. He didn't say his going to stop his search but he won't prOmise bringing them back I see nothing wrong in his speech. If he didn't promise and bring back the girls what do have to say? D man never enter sit self! Nigeria love promise nd fail weel weel!!!
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by philips70(m): 8:58am On May 01, 2015
Buhari is the wisest of you all. He knows very well Nigerians, both believers and non-believers in him have the highest expectations from his government. Expectations so high that some are even beyond the ambits of Messiahs. He has his plans, he has his convictions and his visions. What that man is just doing is to lower the very high expectations so that people can start appreciating his actions when he hits the ground. One thing that is for sure is the GMB government will a 100% surpass what this past government has done. Government business will be conducted in a very transparent manner and the various drain pipes will be plugged. He cannot afford to go the GEJ way of welcoming all forms of looting as long as he remains in power and his share is secured. For sure Nigerians will witness a decent government maybe for the first time. These are my expectations and will be reappraised in 100 days time. If this train that's expected to be heading south starts facing north like it was from the beginning of GEJ's administration we will know from the beginning we are having another 4 wasted years. I am passionate about seeing Nigeria working. I don't care about PDP or APC. Anybody who have moved around the world will always shed a tear immediately he/she touches down in MMA. Why is our country this way with all the enormous resources God deposited in our land? A Tsunami that comes once in a while would have been better as a natural disaster instead of these kind of leaders we have. In which serious minded country will a judge hand a N3M fine to a citizen who robbed them blind of billions of Naira and hand 300yrs jail term to another who never stole a percent of that sum? I see a glimmer of hope only because of the integrity of the person some Nairalanders have preferred to call BABAONECHANCE. I only hope the will of the ever greedy politicians around him will not surpass that of those who are ready to go with him in changing our great country. God help us.

On Chibok girls, if they are alive I believe he will find them but if not 1000 Helen Paul's rants will not change anything

CAVEAT: Quote me for the wrong reasons and watch the early morning wrath of Amadioha, Ogun, Ifa, Sango, Egbejugbele, Egbesu descend on you this minute.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Kulikulitapa: 8:59am On May 01, 2015
midolian:

May almighty God bless you and your entire generation.

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Chinom(m): 9:00am On May 01, 2015
Well, Jonathan has solved the the Boko Haram problem for Buhari by almost 98%. The entire area has been cleared of insurgents. Many women and girls have been rescued. Whether the Chibok girls are among them or not, we can not tell, because the Chibok girls have become faceless. We don't know if they are actually exist somewhere. The whole "Chibok girls" issue has become a mirage. I doubt if they can ever be found as a group again.
People should stop using them to score cheap publicity.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Nobody: 9:00am On May 01, 2015
mrvitalis:
am more disappointed in HELEN PAUL for being so shallow minded ...........so if the girls are dead he should go to the land of the dead to bring them ba
. If Buhari new it might be impossible to find the girls, why did he use 'I will rescue the girls' as part of his campaign. That's Helen Paul's point of view
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by jomoh: 9:00am On May 01, 2015
Burger01:

Don't mind them. As if the girls got kidnapped under Buhari's watch. Jonathan dey there dem no blame him. Presido-elect never sworn in and people don dey blame him already. Nigerians are the most complicated people on earth I can think of. Their wahala three much. Kilode!smileysad

Btw, who knows whether the missing girls aren't shared among these terrorist pigs, converted and gotten pregnant or that the girls are dead. I tend to go with the former than the latter.

true the girls were not kidnapped under him, and i disagree totally with that comedian.

but don't let us start with this statement that something didn't happen under one person. that's the silly excuse of the supporters of this failed administration about corruption.

GMB is a wise man he never promised to bring them back he only promised to use all at his disposal to try and bring them back. That is the difeerwnce between the two statements but the comedian was too shallow minded to see the difference.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu: What Colour Of Aso Ebi Are We Sewing For Our Court Appearance? / Construction Of 11.9KM Second Niger Bridge In Pictures / We’ll Crush Pro-biafra Protesters In Rivers —governor Wike Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.