Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,374 members, 7,808,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

My Landlord in School Threatened Me - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Landlord in School Threatened Me (908 Views)

Share Your Noisemaking Experience In School / When You Want To Prove How Hard You Studied In School. / 5 Checklists To Consider If You Keep Failing In School - EDUREGARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Landlord in School Threatened Me by Iamdagreatguy(m): 9:46am On May 01, 2015
And so it happened yesterday, I went to school after receiving a call from one of my neighbors that my landlord broke my door and moved out my properties outside and some valuable items like television set, fridge, gas cooker, generator, my suits nd so on to an undisclosed place.

I put a call through to the man to confirm maybe it's true and the reason behind the act, of which he replied me boasting that yes and there is nothing I can do to it to challenge him. That he lease the room to the highest bidder.

This is my third year in the house, and as a sitting tenant, he didn't inform me of any increment, in fact am on I.T(Industrial Training) since January and am observing it in Ibadan, my school is OAU in Ife. The last time we met(early April), I collected his account number and promised to renew my rent, but unfortunately, I misplaced the phone I saved the account number. Due to that, since our resumption date supposed to be 3rd of may before the postponement till 31st, my plan was that I'll go to Ife this weekend to give him the money.

I went to Ife to challenged him, on getting there, during the argument at the point I told him that under law no landlord or agent is allowed to break into tenants house or room in absentia, that the offense is punishable, that am going to order for his arrest, the next statement from his mouth is that if I should go further with the threat his children not me won't last for 7days.

My fellow nairalanders, am confused as to the decision to take, don't know maybe to leave him for God to judge, (cos am now in my finals) or to proceed and arrest him. Though am back in Ibadan. The man is one of this cherubim pastor and it seems he's fetishes. My valuables are still with him.
Re: My Landlord in School Threatened Me by Nobody: 9:51am On May 01, 2015
If anybody threaten u, threaten am back .. That's unlawful to break into someone's house without his consent , there is a programme on Ltv I think called mogbejomide , dey will deal with this and charge him for threatening you
Re: My Landlord in School Threatened Me by Nobody: 10:01am On May 01, 2015
You are an educated person, and should understand that his threat arises from his fear. Take him the police, and place a standing order to proceed to court. Make sure you take him to court and he will be reprimanded in prison, then you can pack away from his house. In fact when you push the case to court level, he will beg for out of court settlement, then you can start searching for another house. If he attempts to go fetish, get some bad boys that smokes and drink to come and stay in front of your house and be smoking daily, he will run away from his house. Do not threaten him, he will run away from his shadows. That cherubim na scam, it doesnt work at all. Humans are more powerful than spirits in harms doing.
Re: My Landlord in School Threatened Me by adanduka: 10:13am On May 01, 2015
Take your property and look for another place to rent.
Re: My Landlord in School Threatened Me by dpwinx(m): 2:26pm On May 01, 2015
Legally speaking bro.
The landlord in this case has gone extra mile, nt informing you and even if he informed you, there is a limit to the time u can be ejected after notice...
A legal maxim says 'domnus sua cisque est tutissimum refugum'. Which means To each man his house is the safest refugee. The import of this maxim is that a man oughtn't be harrassed in his 'personal house'.... In the case of R v. Hussay, a tenant was justified to have shot his landlord who tried to forcefully eject him after a quit notice which has not lapsed....
I submit that you can proceed.. Pls take it up in a court of law, and tell ur lawyer to plead damages.....
Re: My Landlord in School Threatened Me by Iamdagreatguy(m): 5:37pm On May 01, 2015
dpwinx:
Legally speaking bro.
The landlord in this case has gone extra mile, nt informing you and even if he informed you, there is a limit to the time u can be ejected after notice...
A legal maxim says 'domnus sua cisque est tutissimum refugum'. Which means To each man his house is the safest refugee. The import of this maxim is that a man oughtn't be harrassed in his 'personal house'.... In the case of R v. Hussay, a tenant was justified to have shot his landlord who tried to forcefully eject him after a quit notice which has not lapsed....
I submit that you can proceed.. Pls take it up in a court of law, and tell ur lawyer to plead damages.....

Thnx for that bro, even the principle of 'Nemo ludex in casua sua' which means you can never be a judge in your own case forbid the landlord to break my door without every necessary legal backing.
Well as it stands now, I don't have a lawyer, and am presently not in Ife since they've postpone our resumption date, so their is no way I can follow up the case. Am just confused as to what to do.
Re: My Landlord in School Threatened Me by Iamdagreatguy(m): 5:39pm On May 01, 2015
adanduka:
Take your property and look for another place to rent.

What of those ones with him. Have already packed the ones outside to another place.
Re: My Landlord in School Threatened Me by adanduka: 7:24pm On May 01, 2015
Iamdagreatguy:

What of those ones with him. Have already packed the ones outside to another place.

Did he seize the property?
You may have to involve an elderly personhe respects.
If you call the police or a lawyer, you will spend money.
Re: My Landlord in School Threatened Me by Iamdagreatguy(m): 7:49pm On May 01, 2015
adanduka:

Did he seize the property?
You may have to involve an elderly personhe respects.
If you call the police or a lawyer, you will spend money.

Exactly my thought, I dnt have money to spend in seeking the service of a lawyer, and the police is a no go area, we all know Nigerian policy, after small tip from him, they will release him. Yes he seized some of my properties, am thinking of reporting him to our school DSA.
Re: My Landlord in School Threatened Me by adanduka: 10:00am On May 02, 2015
Iamdagreatguy:

Exactly my thought, I dnt have money to spend in seeking the service of a lawyer, and the police is a no go area, we all know Nigerian policy, after small tip from him, they will release him. Yes he seized some of my properties, am thinking of reporting him to our school DSA.

Before you report him, just make sure you have a strong case. The man went too far but just let it go.

(1) (Reply)

57 Illegal Universities And Colleges In Nigeria, See The List / Waec Gce YORUBA THEORY 3d (i)pa-ka-ta=meta (ii)a-ke-ko-07066531599 / 2016 Commonwealth Scholarships For Master’s And Phd Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.