Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,470 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President (49845 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu In Secret Trial Courtroom As Binta Nyako Storms Out (Photos) / FG Aims To Attack RCCG, Church Leaders With FRC Law —Fayose (Nigerians React) / Justice Binta Nyako Is Buhari’s Sister – IPOB Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 01, 2015
Senator-elect representing Adamawa North Senatorial District on the platform of All Progressives Congress, APC, Binta Masi Garba, said on Wednesday that she wants to make history as the first female Senate President in the country.
According to her, as the only female Senator from the North, her interest to contest for the office of the President of the Senate was to bring transparency and openness in the leadership of the red chamber.

Although the leadership of APC is yet to decide which geo-political zone in the North to zone the senate presidency slot to, the north east and north central are in pole position to clinch the number 3 position in the country.

Senators Bukola Saraki (Kwara) George Akume (Benue) and Ahmad Lawan (Yobe) are seen as leading contenders for the position.

Throwing her hat into the ring, the three term member of the House of Representatives from both Kaduna South and Michika/Madagali Federal Constituencies, told journalists in Abuja that she has written to all her colleagues and other Nigerians on the need to support her candidacy to emerge as the first female Senate President in Nigeria.

“Apart from the fact that I’ve leld several positions as a lawmaker in the House of Representatives, I am the first female Chairperson of any public party in Nigeria haven been elected as the Adamawa State Chapter Chairperson of the APC in April last year. I am still holding that position till today and the unity I brought to the party brought about the successes we recorded in the recent general elections.

“As a delegate member from Adamawa State at the National Conference, I served on the committee on Political Restructuring and Forms of Government. I know what Nigerians need when it comes to lawmaking and leadership. It’s time for all to support the female folks to be at the fore front of decision making in Nigeria”, she said.

http://www.informationng.com/2015/04/why-i-want-to-succeed-mark-as-senate-president-binta-garba.html

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Demmzy15(m): 5:35pm On May 01, 2015
GMB my hero, FAYEMI my role model and Rochas our next Presido! grin grin

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Feranchek(m): 5:36pm On May 01, 2015
Let the #change begin!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 01, 2015
If Patricia Etteh could be elected as Speaker of the House of Reps, then Senator-elect Binta should have a chance. However, if both Saraki and Akume are still in the race I don't she stands a realistic chance of becoming the Senate president.

4 Likes

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Hopez456(m): 6:00pm On May 01, 2015
Good for her. Her chances is as slim as the rope I use to dry my clothes at the backyard.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 01, 2015
Binta Masi Garba started her political career in the year 1998 in Kaduna, Nigeria. Before her political adventure, she worked with the New Nigeria Newspapers as an advert officer. It happens that, the year she was expecting a promotion in the office, her male colleague got a double promotion and she was left out even though she has same business schedules like him. Binta Masi Garba always advocated for women rights and has been a voice for millions of voiceless Nigerian women and the oppressed; thus prompting her to take up the mandate to represent them in the Federal House of representative Kaduna South Federal Constituency.

Not long from that gender inequality experience she decide to venture into politics in 1998 in Kaduna South Federal Constituency, a place where the prevailing culture forbid women to be in public domain. Her first bid in 1998 was not successful. Her desire for service made her to contest again in 1999 for the office of Federal House of Representatives. As a Christian, she won against her male opponent with a margin of not less than 5,000 in a Muslim dominated community, that shows her popularity and acceptability in Muslim dominated community. She was the youngest Federal legislator in Nigeria in 1999. After her first successful tenure, she contested again in 2003 and won against her opponent with a margin of not less than 50,000. Her opponent was a Muslim Mallam that was teaching in one of the Islamic Secondary School. The people consider her worthy of such office and never discriminate against her based on religious ground.

In 2006, close to the end of her second term in the Federal House of Representatives, the then Governor of Adamawa State, Boni Haruna, having heard of her excellent performance as a legislator representing Kaduna South, entreated her to come back to her State of origin, Adamawa State, and contest. After making consultations, she consented and came down to contest for House of Representatives in Madagali/Michika Federal Constituency under PDP. She eventually won the seat and represented the constituency from 2007 to 2011. After her third consecutive tenure in the Federal House of Assembly, she re-contested and lost against Titsi Ganama.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by CR77(f): 7:40pm On May 01, 2015
Good one i will be there soon

3 Likes

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by ozo13(m): 7:40pm On May 01, 2015
CFCfan:
Senator-elect representing Adamawa North Senatorial District on the platform of All Progressives Congress, APC, Binta Masi Garba, said on Wednesday that she wants to make history as the first female Senate President in the country.
According to her, as the only female Senator from the North, her interest to contest for the office of the President of the Senate was to bring transparency and openness in the leadership of the red chamber.

Although the leadership of APC is yet to decide which geo-political zone in the North to zone the senate presidency slot to, the north east and north central are in pole position to clinch the number 3 position in the country.

Senators Bukola Saraki (Kwara) George Akume (Benue) and Ahmad Lawan (Yobe) are seen as leading contenders for the position.

Throwing her hat into the ring, the three term member of the House of Representatives from both Kaduna South and Michika/Madagali Federal Constituencies, told journalists in Abuja that she has written to all her colleagues and other Nigerians on the need to support her candidacy to emerge as the first female Senate President in Nigeria.

“Apart from the fact that I’ve leld several positions as a lawmaker in the House of Representatives, I am the first female Chairperson of any public party in Nigeria haven been elected as the Adamawa State Chapter Chairperson of the APC in April last year. I am still holding that position till today and the unity I brought to the party brought about the successes we recorded in the recent general elections.

“As a delegate member from Adamawa State at the National Conference, I served on the committee on Political Restructuring and Forms of Government. I know what Nigerians need when it comes to lawmaking and leadership. It’s time for all to support the female folks to be at the fore front of decision making in Nigeria”, she said.

http://www.informationng.com/2015/04/why-i-want-to-succeed-mark-as-senate-president-binta-garba.html

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by dljbd1(m): 7:40pm On May 01, 2015
j
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by dipopooo(m): 7:41pm On May 01, 2015
grin
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Ayo001: 7:41pm On May 01, 2015
Is she single ? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Autolord: 7:41pm On May 01, 2015
Gej
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Leojamesjames(m): 7:41pm On May 01, 2015
wish her a dream come true.... make she no come be like olufunm etteh ooooo
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by olu77(m): 7:41pm On May 01, 2015
She is welcome
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:42pm On May 01, 2015
I wish her well
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 01, 2015
Couldn't care less that she's a woman. The real question is, can she deliver?

3 Likes

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:42pm On May 01, 2015
Our democracy have come of age.
We are now role models to other African Countries.
Proudly Nairalander
Proudly Nigerian
God bless GMB/PYO
God bless Nairaland
God bless Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by hotboz: 7:43pm On May 01, 2015
It is possible
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by VickyRotex(f): 7:43pm On May 01, 2015
She can make it....

Yes she can!!! smiley

She shouldn't be another Alison sha undecided
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 01, 2015
Good!
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by betterpikinn: 7:44pm On May 01, 2015
Okay
My ram (skiddo) has this to say grin

2 Likes

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Bishop4bella(m): 7:44pm On May 01, 2015
Remind her of how APC governship candidate was robbed of her mandate after taking the lead until she loss the concluding election.
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by kristisking(m): 7:44pm On May 01, 2015
Does she know baba one chance is womenphobia?Baba one change believes women shouldn't be in politics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by jamex93(m): 7:44pm On May 01, 2015
grin grin grin

i will advise her to first go for general medical checkup

because i dont tink she can fit do it o

grin
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Iamdagreatguy(m): 7:44pm On May 01, 2015
Goodluck madam
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Johnbosco77(m): 7:45pm On May 01, 2015
All zaa best. Hope doz potbellied men will allow you Mama.

1 Like

Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by timilehin007(m): 7:45pm On May 01, 2015
i dont want to meet her
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by mrphysics(m): 7:46pm On May 01, 2015
gender equality. dough she may not make it
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 01, 2015
God dey
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by lilwayneme(m): 7:46pm On May 01, 2015
all the best
ddo well when you enter
Re: Binta Masi Garba Aims To Be First Female Senate President by oneeaast: 7:46pm On May 01, 2015
i wish her well too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mohammed Indimi And Fatima Sheriff's Pre-Wedding Photos / Haye Okoh And Bayo Omoboriowo Pictured Together / Photos Of The Herdsmen That Attacked Nimbo, Enugu Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.