Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,741 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply (17313 Views)

Fashola Gives Conditions For Stable Power Supply / Akoko Edo Where You Can Have Stable Power Supply / Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

Re: Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply by squarelead(m): 10:35pm On May 01, 2015
I hope by 2040, our government won't still be promising us of good electricity, may God save us from the generator importers.
Re: Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply by AJbarka(m): 11:20pm On May 01, 2015
Generator they use U.P.S in Bauchi... joke apart!!! ;DGenerator they use U.P.S in Bauchi... joke apart!!!
Re: Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply by 1miccza: 11:36pm On May 01, 2015
Yeye talk from mumu union people
Re: Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply by chidiandre(m): 11:44pm On May 01, 2015
15 days seriously go and do ur survey abeg last month I had light like twice and I still got billed
Re: Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply by dapsonlou(m): 12:47am On May 02, 2015
She said the High bill is not true, who is this clueless woman. She said we are in a rush, we have been shouting up nepa since the 70s kilode they they not ashame
Re: Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply by paulnnaji25(m): 6:07am On May 02, 2015
April d fool
Re: Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply by Engrkay11(m): 7:21am On May 02, 2015
We bill for only 15 days because we know that Nigerians do not use light for 24hrs in a day.

“The high rate Nigerians are complaining about is not true, if you look at our rate in billing.

“We bill people for 15 days because we know that people don’t use light for 24 hrs in a day.

If i hear !, why billing for 15 days since u knw say Nigerians no dey use light for 24 hrs. Why not bill dem for wat dey use ?
In most places dem no dey get dat light up to 5 days in a month , i mean 120hrs , yet u come out to tell us u dey bill pple for 15days , y not dem for the whole month . Yeye pple !
God go catch all of una
Re: Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply by Reference(m): 7:25am On May 02, 2015
I don't know why people complain of charges for service not rendered. If you know the thing doesn't work simply cut it off. If I am running my power plant for 18 hours a day or have not public service for such a period constantly then I simply ask them to withdraw their services till it improves to make economic sense. I don't get the complaints. Power is PRIVATISED. Competencies and liabilities have been shared across the society. Everyone is now a stakeholder. If you can power your town, if you can't power your street, if you can't power your home, if you can't power your room, if you can't power your self but by all means stop complaining and power something.

Re: Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply by Onegai(f): 7:40am On May 02, 2015
Reference:
I don't know why people complain of charges for service not rendered. If you know the thing doesn't work simply cut it off. If I am running my power plant for 18 hours a day or have not public service for such a period constantly then I simply ask them to withdraw their services till it improves to make economic sense. I don't get the complaints. Power is PRIVATISED. Competencies and liabilities have been shared across the society. Everyone is now a stakeholder. If you can power your town, if you can't power your street, if you can't power your home, if you can't power your room, if you can't power your self but by all means stop complaining and power something.

Have you tried asking them to withdraw their services? The kind begging they will beg you, won't have part 2. Then they will refuse and take their time to actually do so.

Last week, we went to pay the bill for the most epileptic supply yet. There was no light in their office and their worker was asleep at her desk in the heat.

This week, I'm somewhere where I don't have to grab my electronics and rush to charge them before they take light and see the difference in how I think and what I can achieve. I mentioned it to the guy beside me and he replied that if NEPA provided light for 48 hours, he would cry and wonder how to feed his family. People like him and your powerful Nigerians (like Atiku, who is on the board of Directors for Mikado generator) are satisfied with the status quo.

How can Nigerians be creative and innovative, when they're still struggling to provide the basics?

Re: Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply by favronke: 7:52am On May 02, 2015
Abeg we no get transformer oooo. 4 kudenda kaduna
Re: Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply by jumper524(m): 8:07am On May 02, 2015
swtdrms:

Kuje dey get light b4? Cuz since wen i'v known kuje, i'v neva seen light in kuje, u can enlighten m sha cuz dats wat stopped m from residing in kuje
as at november last year down till january dis year we were having regular light bt ever since then things became worst. No light at all
Re: Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply by Queendarlene(f): 8:19am On May 02, 2015
These yeye people should not annoy me ooo.... After payin 16200 last month with just 2hrs in 48hrs of light....what kind of 15days billing is that..
For 4days at a stretch now no light, with neighbouring area enjoyin lyk never b4.If I get hold of one phcn official eh, God knows I would throw this "ladies" stuff away *angry mood*
Re: Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply by netotse(m): 9:08am On May 02, 2015
Onegai:

Have you tried asking them to withdraw their services? The kind begging they will beg you, won't have part 2. Then they will refuse and take their time to actually do so.

Last week, we went to pay the bill for the most epileptic supply yet. There was no light in their office and their worker was asleep at her desk in the heat.

This week, I'm somewhere where I don't have to grab my electronics and rush to charge them before they take light and see the difference in how I think and what I can achieve. I mentioned it to the guy beside me and he replied that if NEPA provided light for 48 hours, he would cry and wonder how to feed his family. People like him and your powerful Nigerians (like Atiku, who is on the board of Directors for Mikado generator) are satisfied with the status quo.

How can Nigerians be creative and innovative, when they're still struggling to provide the basics?

The bolded caught my attention, why would they beg anyone?

Queendarlene:
These yeye people should not annoy me ooo.... After payin 16200 last month with just 2hrs in 48hrs of light....what kind of 15days billing is that..
For 4days at a stretch now no light, with neighbouring area enjoyin lyk never b4.If I get hold of one phcn official eh, God knows I would throw this "ladies" stuff away *angry mood*

That amount is rather high, you should complain however you need to understand why the bill is high first. If you look at the bill, in the column where the amount of electricity is written, is there a D or E?
D means direct connection(assumes no meter).
E means estimated billing which they sometimes use to overcharge.
(Your disco might use different terms though).

When the lady said 15days in the article, she was most likely referring to the fixed charge portion of your bill not the energy (consumption) charge.
Re: Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply by Queendarlene(f): 10:03am On May 02, 2015
netotse:

The bolded caught my attention, why would they beg anyone?

That amount is rather high, you should complain however you need to understand why the bill is high first. If you look at the bill, in the column where the amount of electricity is written, is there a D or E?
D means direct connection(assumes no meter).
E means estimated billing which they sometimes use to overcharge.
(Your disco might use different terms though).
EKo disco, my neigbour that moved out of his flat since lst yr is still receiving bill(78k nw)....funny enough there is no wire on d pole as dis has been removed since.....where den did dey get there estimation from......
Its so frustrating.
When the lady said 15days in the article, she was most likely referring to the fixed charge portion of your bill not the energy (consumption) charge.
Re: Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply by netotse(m): 11:04am On May 02, 2015
Queendarlene:
EKo disco, my neigbour that moved out of his flat since lst yr is still receiving bill(78k nw)....funny enough there is no wire on d pole as dis has been removed since.....where den did dey get there estimation from......
Someone needs to inform the disco the apartment is vacant, they are not witches(well mostly... cheesy).

Estimated billing exists because we Nigerians can't get our act together, some peoples meters are locked behind gates, damaged or what have you...they can't be given free electricity na...In a lot of cases, the discos can't be arsed to go round reading all the meters and so take an easy route. Both provider and consumer have to share the blame.

It's up to you to ensure you aren't been taken for a ride.
Re: Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply by swtdrms(m): 11:20am On May 02, 2015
jumper524:
as at november last year down till january dis year we were having regular light bt ever since then things became worst. No light at all
Thanks, if i may ask is it the same all over kuje or are talking abt a particular axis of kuje....thanks again in advance
Re: Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply by jumper524(m): 1:38pm On May 02, 2015
swtdrms:

Thanks, if i may ask is it the same all over kuje or are talking abt a particular axis of kuje....thanks again in advance
psali is the only place having light and it's not that much
Re: Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply by benzion72(m): 2:06pm On May 02, 2015
This lady need to be examined critically for coke. Because most IBEDC and co are always on generator to collect their revenue
Re: Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply by rushena: 12:31pm On May 05, 2015
undecideddis a BIG WASH
Re: Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply by bush4ker(m): 11:03pm On May 29, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
go hug transformer na
lol transformer wey current no dey

Buhari Rejects National Assembly’s Debt Figures For States / Rekiya Bello Is Dead: Governor Yahaya Bello Loses Stepmother / APC Settles For Indirect Primary In Ondo