Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria (37064 Views)

FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence / Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos / Getting A Driver's Licence In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by Oracle(m): 12:36am On Jul 24, 2006
Oracle:

hey men the country's not that bad
why do u have to taint the image of naija like that
but the laxity towards the license stuff is not everywhere.
because iv stayed in the north for some time and men u really need your
license to be on the road with that car.
i had a personal experience well im not yet up to eighteen
but i drive and 1 day we were goin somwhere in Kebbi
(northern part of nigeria) and the road safety guys stop us.
They asked 4 my license, i was tryin to give an excuse men they seized the car keys.
i had to pay a fine before i was given the key. so itz not like that everywhere.

The Oracle wasn't yet eighteen when he made that post but i guess he is now
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2006
@oracle
i had to[b] pay a fine[/b] before i was given the key. so itz not like that everywhere.
so after the fine u were given the car to continuegrin
@ omotee
Let me start by saying that I got my driver's license before I even learnt how to drive! I'd just bought my car and getting a driver's license was just one of the 'to-dos' on my list. My driver's license was processed in three days and delivered to me at home. In Nigeria, our laws are made to be broken.
processed officially? delivered to you at home? yeppa
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by Oracle(m): 4:59am On Jul 31, 2006
LoverBwoy:

@oracleso after the fine u were given the car to continue? grin
thatz funny,
i was given the car keys, did you expect them to arrest me?
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 3:59am On Aug 07, 2006
well you said they were stricter* up north but the fine is actually a bribe if you think of it, cos they still allowed you to continue lol

they should warn you and tell some1 with a proper liecense to continue the journey or even tell you to go home and get someone with a proper license to come and collect the car wink
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by momoney1(m): 11:21pm On Aug 21, 2006
Just of recent i went to renew my car particulars in Rivers state board of internal revenue and notice that protocols are forced to take in making a driver's license, i wonder how long that will last .

Actually found out the latest from the O/C motor registry
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by ladykool(f): 5:49pm On Aug 25, 2006
in naija who cares if you have driving lesson or liscence! if the police get you just pay some shandi to the egunje police and they will allow you freely a beg o! in nigeria anything can happen but i think its good for you to have a liscence if you have a car expecially in naija that anything can happen!
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by fellybabe(f): 5:09pm On Oct 23, 2006
Greatpeter,pls,is there anyway u could help me out in getting one.i gave somebody 5k 2 get one 4me last month.cos i needed it 4 my account process as i don't have international passport nor nig pass.but he gave me after 1wk.i took it 2 dbank and was told it's fake.anyway,can u help with one or anybody in lag.thanks.my number is 08056405751
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by culasi(m): 7:24am On Dec 15, 2006
anything can happen. u can uven have 5 of it if u want. anyways it would not be honored outside of nigeria
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by edwinia(f): 3:50am On Dec 23, 2006
[color=#000099][/color] drivers licence got my ist 13yrs ago and it ws through the proper channel and all the renewals have had was all done through the same  process. all i can say here is that if u are used to the 20 naira bail be careful cus the experience i had with the road safety once when my d.licence expired without me knowing was worse than not having any at all a word i think is enough for the wise,  wink
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by blackniger: 9:40pm On Mar 02, 2007
Hi guys, i was just looking for information on how to get driver's license in Nigeria on the Internet when i discovered this interesting discussion website. Well, from my own part, i think Nigeria is very corrupt, anything goes there. I am presently in Canada and have recently got my G1 driver's license only to realized that i have to wait for one year before i actually drive without a fully licensed driver sitting beside me since i have no previous driving experience. To me waiting for one year before i get a license that will allow me to drive alone is worrying and frustrating as i need to see myself driving soonest. In Nigeria i can get it within three to four days lol.
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by DewDrop(f): 9:57am On Mar 29, 2007
3 or 4 days? WoW- Why would it take so long? grin I had mine overnite, I gave my driver my passport photos and wrote out my info on Tuesday morning and by Wednesday evening- He handed me my Nigerian license(though nothing is correct on it- not even my name is spelled correctly!), So i don't know if it'd enter fire, but i got mine! LoL

Seriously though, It would have been better to list all the protocol and security measures I faced in getting a license, however Nigeria is in such a state that going to the 'DMV' to inquire about a license was one of the of the most difficult things for me to accomplish- as in at the end of the day, the only thing i had were extortion attempts. "Fill that form, pay this amount, come back this day", and 'this day' would never come,

It's truly frustrating.
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by MikeB: 2:54am On May 22, 2007
Can anyone get me a Nigerian drivers license? My old one expired and I need to renew.

How do I go about doing it now that I am out of the country?
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by mrofficial(m): 10:18am On May 23, 2007
What ever situation you enter in this driving of a thing, cash will solve it, just in nigeria.
They love stopping me cos am a young guy, well i always get ready my cash, 2 green is enough.
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by TunjiLee: 9:07pm On Nov 14, 2007
I first went to the Driving License Center on Thursday 8th November but apparently there was a strike or something so I went back on Tuesday 20th. The guy asked for my name which I gave him (no checking passport or anything). He asked for height and when I told him I didn't know it, he wrote down a guess on the forms!! All the other things I didn't know he just left blank also; blood type, etc, They took a quick photograph, my thumb print, and told me to come back Thursday 22nd!
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 27, 2007
please how can we stop such attrocities. how can Nigeria move ahead so as to stop road crashes
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by shey(m): 6:38pm On Nov 28, 2007
well i appreciate it when u need to call a spade a spade but with the way people on this trend were talking about my beloved 9ja its uncall for corruption is every where in d world. here in uk it cost u just between 20pounds and 30pounds to get a gun to kill, and u will never see them talk de way we nigerians are talking about or country
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by ikorodu(m): 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2007
why is the army enforcing traffic in naija?
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by awonboiz: 10:23pm On Dec 27, 2007
@ikorodu

Question grin grin
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by benincitys(f): 2:16pm On Oct 01, 2008
TunjiLee:

I first went to the Driving License Center on Thursday 8th November but apparently there was a strike or something so I went back on Tuesday 20th. The guy asked for my name which I gave him (no checking passport or anything). He asked for height and when I told him I didn't know it, he wrote down a guess on the forms!! All the other things I didn't know he just left blank also; blood type, etc, They took a quick photograph, my thumb print, and told me to come back Thursday 22nd!
Na wao oo so in nigeria you get driving license like this ? very bad .
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 6:51pm On Oct 01, 2008
how long does it take to get a license
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 8:22pm On Oct 01, 2008
No wonder there are series of accidents on the Nigerian roads.
No wonder many people dont even understand the traffic laws and the traffic signs, because, they dont even know how to drive, since all they have to do is pay 5000 Naira and they have a licence, and nothing to show they could drive or couldnt, how shameful.
These are some of the reasons why Nigerians will take a very long time to be aiight and better.
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by babsjnr(m): 1:06pm On Jul 23, 2009
nah wah oooh
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by Kevin1236: 4:50pm On Mar 10, 2010
Hey. I'm not Nigerian but wanted to know if I can do a local license even though I'm not Nigerian and if not could I do a international? Thanks! Hoping for an answer! grin
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by charlesca(m): 6:52pm On Jul 20, 2010
guys, i need to get a driver's license, i live in halifax and its a matte of switching the lisence for a canadian one, but from what am hearing, it looks like i have got little or no work to do, grin grin grin
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by chelseabmw(m): 11:50pm On Sep 04, 2010
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by nairaman66(m): 1:06pm On Nov 16, 2010
About getting my 2nd car without a License in 4 years!! Not bad, I want to see how long it lasts,
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by Namse: 10:45pm On Jan 25, 2011
Please visit the Vehicle Inspection Office Driver and Vehicle Licensing Administration website on how to obtain or renew your driver license. www.viodvle.com
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by Namse: 10:47pm On Jan 25, 2011
SORRY: Please visit the Vehicle Inspection Office Driver and Vehicle Licensing Administration website on how to obtain or renew your driver license. www.viodvla.com
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by bedoiro: 12:53pm On Feb 02, 2011
i think we should watch our mouth the way we castigate and insult our own father land, even if things are this bad we should pray to God that things will get better, "GOD BLESS NIGERIA" saying this will do you no harm but good, we are all ambassadors as we are. or dont you know that other countries are watching us and listening to our remarks about our country, and when they put us in deterring positions we cry out!

@vexxy please do the drivers license cuz it will be of more use in future. God Bless Nigeria!
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by OmoOwens1: 4:21pm On Feb 02, 2011
Nothing is required just 5k express and two passport photograph, I even got one for a neighbor grand ma who cant even move a chain she just needed any identification at the bank to collect her grand children school cash from western union then.

we can even get for late people, just 2 passports and 5k
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 5:02pm On Feb 02, 2011
D N5k express is no longer possible oo.
Re: Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria by belamour(m): 4:05pm On Feb 03, 2011
Omo.Owens:

Nothing is required just 5k express and two passport photograph, I even got one for a neighbor grand ma who cant even move a chain she just needed any identification at the bank to collect her grand children school cash from western union then.

we can even get for late people, just 2 passports and 5k

LMAO

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Car Names Pronunciations. / Car With 3 Tyres Spotted In Sango Ogun State. Photos And Video / Photo: Fatal Accident At Oshodi This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.