Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike (17210 Views)

Man Shares Letter Of 1994 Between His Mum And Her Dad Discussing Petrol Scarcity / Nigerians Mock Tinubu For Blasting Kachikwu Instead Of PMB Over Petrol Scarcity / 7pm Latest Update: Fuel Scarcity, Narto Suspends Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by Hopez456(m): 11:39pm On May 01, 2015
Major Oil Marketers Association of Nigeria on Friday reached an agreement with the National Association of Road Transport Owners to suspend their strike,
according to an official.

MOMAN Executive Secretary, Mr Femi Olawore,
made this known while speaking with newsmen on
the ongoing impasse with the government over
outstanding fuel subsidy payment.

According to him, the marketers are owing
members of the transport association about N20
billion and their inability to offset the debt prompted
the suspension of the lifting of products.

However, he said, following the release of N154
billion to marketers by the Federal Government as
part payment of the subsidy, they had in turn offset
part of the debt they owed the transporters.

Olawore said government had yet to redeem N200
billion it is owing the marketers as subsidy
payment.

He said the the marketers, with the understanding
of NARTO members, had given government a grace of two weeks to settle the remaining payments.

“We have scheduled to meet with the Coordinating
Minister of the Economy on Monday, but if the
meeting fails to address the issue we have tabled,
then we will continue with the action” he warned.

According to him, some of their members have
started receiving payment, adding that the
marketers will pay NARTO in proportion of what had been received.

Olawore said the marketers were ready to
cooperate with the government but warned that
unless the payment was made in two weeks, the
marketers would return to their action.

www.punchng.com/news/petrol-scarcity-narto-
suspends-strike/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by Hopez456(m): 11:41pm On May 01, 2015
Respite at last!
Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by olu77(m): 11:43pm On May 01, 2015
Ok o
Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by eedriyz(m): 11:46pm On May 01, 2015
[size=18pt] This better be true... because I'm just about going out to source for fuel. Meanwhile, why not just suspend the strike for 1 month? I'm sure Buhari will use it to show us what a leader is... I can't wait till May 29.

Meanwhile, I'm not joking in my signature[/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by BlackTechnology: 11:48pm On May 01, 2015
Not surprised

GEJ A TRUE DEMOCRAT who puts the masses lives above his interest

16 Likes

Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by Skillfullulu(m): 11:48pm On May 01, 2015
Good one bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by Hopez456(m): 11:50pm On May 01, 2015
OAM4J etal pls front page
Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by caprini1: 12:19am On May 02, 2015
I hope this is true ,we can't afford to continue buying fuel @ N150 for our cars and Generators!..killing the pocket meeeen!

1 Like

Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by charger09(m): 12:24am On May 02, 2015
let me pack my bags front page ya!
Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by jideflash(m): 1:16am On May 02, 2015
Aren't you tired of this darkness. Join the movement now by using the dp and hashtag
#GiveUsLightNow #noExcuse

https://www.nairaland.com/2284825/give-us-light-now-enough
Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by tuoyoojo(m): 1:19am On May 02, 2015
Finally. Only in this country where getting stuff as mundane as fuel is seen as a privilege. Am glad d queues wud be disappearing soon.

I wonder y strike is d only tin dat dis govt responds to

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by SaiBuharii: 3:47am On May 02, 2015
Thank God!!!
Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by Dominionng(m): 3:47am On May 02, 2015
Hopez456:
....He said the the marketers, with the understanding
of NARTO members, had given government a grace of two weeks to settle the remaining payments. /

Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by Vstuffs(m): 3:50am On May 02, 2015
Thanks God
Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by mooremedia: 3:55am On May 02, 2015
Nah which Nairaland Mod no dey sleep.....wey dey push post to FP by 3:51 am.Haba u be winsh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by NoMoreTrolling: 3:55am On May 02, 2015
So we have exactly 2 weeks

hmmm... undecided

Seems like time to feel up my underground reservoir, 5 months storage angry

Seriously though, I don't like storing petrol as it's highly flammable, but I just may store some extra gallons for the next couple months wink

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by Walelavender(m): 3:56am On May 02, 2015
After subjecting the masses to untold hardship. Some strikes dont really worth it.

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by Obijulius: 3:57am On May 02, 2015
God bless GEJ.

4 Likes

Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by usbcable(m): 3:59am On May 02, 2015
been waiting for ds news.
no light
no fuel for generator

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by msmon(m): 3:59am On May 02, 2015
Thank God!
Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by otokpamike(m): 3:59am On May 02, 2015
So what's next
Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by gabinogem(m): 4:00am On May 02, 2015
What a country, where citizens provide for their basic amenities... I hope the incoming administration will do better.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by HARMYMY(f): 4:00am On May 02, 2015
At last their will be no more queue and no more buying petrol #150 per litre. Strikes is the only language FG understand.
Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by phlemzy: 4:01am On May 02, 2015
When will Nigeria have functional refineries for goodness sake

1 Like

Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by lassana: 4:14am On May 02, 2015
At last
Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by Rexphobia(m): 4:14am On May 02, 2015
No light, no fuel...This country sha

4 Likes

Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by free2ryhme: 4:16am On May 02, 2015
when will all this ultimatum end?
Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by hammedkola(m): 4:16am On May 02, 2015
smiley
Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by Teenaira: 4:23am On May 02, 2015
OP, when is the 2 weeks starting ? Is it after the Monday meeting or from the time the union called off the strike. This certainty can be very strategic you know !!!
Re: Petrol Scarcity: NARTO Suspends Strike by afeez5808(m): 4:23am On May 02, 2015
Thank you o

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okonjo-Iweala Pictured At The Paris Climate Change / INEC Denying Atiku Access To Electoral Materials - PDP / Amotekun: A Call For SE To Adopt Enugu Forest Guards Model For Regional Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.