Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants (39282 Views)

Ayiri Emami Relaxes On His Bentley Car In His Warri Mansion. Photos / Photos From Ayiri Emami's Birthday Party In His Mansion / Who Set 2015 As End Of Amnesty Program? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by ayindejimmy(m): 1:38am On May 02, 2015
Former Niger Delta militant leader, Chief Ayiri Emami, has called on President-elect Muhammadu Buhari to scrap the ongoing amnesty programme initiated by the late President Umaru Yar’Adua for ex-militants of the Niger Delta.

Emami, now a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Delta State and a former Itsekiri warlord, said on Thursday that Buhari should also probe the operations of the Amnesty Programme.

“If the layman’s understanding of the word amnesty is anything to go by, then it presupposes an arrangement where militants who genuinely turn in all their arms and ammunition are rehabilitated, re-oriented and trained with a view to reintegrating them to everyday societal living.

“In the ordinary sense of it, any person or group that picks up arms in the name of struggle or agitation ought to have been treated as terrorists, hence nobody or group should take the gesture of the federal government for granted.

“Amnesty should not be continuous; partially giving out money to youths from a particular ethnic nationality is wrong, sending some of them abroad for training without any visible impact on the Niger Delta and the nation at large is counter-productive,” he said.

His declaration was obviously in reaction to a recent call by the Ijaw Youth Council, demanding the continuation of the Amnesty Programme for Niger Delta youths.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/04/emami-calls-scrapping-amnesty-programme/

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by shegsrules(m): 1:42am On May 02, 2015
Any government in power, now on d change train

11 Likes

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by Chanchit: 1:46am On May 02, 2015
Now he really looks like a war lord.

22 Likes

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by baybeeboi: 2:02am On May 02, 2015
i will coment if this makes frontpage.
Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by Nobody: 2:07am On May 02, 2015
I disagree

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by flofields(f): 2:20am On May 02, 2015
It makes sense when you consider that there are millions of unemployed Nigerians who are not receiving any free hand-outs. No something for nothing!

62 Likes

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by kodded(m): 2:22am On May 02, 2015
any president that want to keep his country united in his regime should not tamper with the money meant for niger deltan militants....................a word they say is enough for the wise

136 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by jared007: 2:35am On May 02, 2015
Ayiri is seeking relevance in his new party. Amnesty programme must continue or else the boys will blow up the pipelines and oil facilities in their backyards!

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by calebbintus: 2:54am On May 02, 2015
Nah. Scraap it.
Bcoz some men discovered oil in their backyard that will now make us slaves to them for life?
The Amnesty Program sef, is it supposed to last forever? They have the Niger Delta Ministry that is more than Enough.
Quote me and Die.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by rockafela(m): 3:07am On May 02, 2015
ayindejimmy:

AYIRI EMAMI URGES BUHARI TO END AMNESTY PROGRAM FOR EX MILITANTS

Ex Niger Delta militant
and new APC billionaire stalwart Ayiri Emami, has called on President-elect Muhammadu Buhari to scrap the ongoing amnesty programme initiated by the late President Umaru Yar’Adua for ex-militants of the Niger Delta.
Emami, now a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Delta State and a former Itsekiri warlord, said on Thursday that Buhari should also probe the operations of the Amnesty Programme.

“If the layman’s understanding of the word amnesty is anything to go by, then it presupposes an arrangement where militants who genuinely turn in all their arms and ammunition are rehabilitated, re-oriented and trained with a view to reintegrating them to everyday societal living.

“In the ordinary sense of it, any person or group that picks up arms in the name of struggle or agitation ought to have been treated as terrorists, hence nobody or group should take the gesture of the federal government for granted.

“Amnesty should not be continuous; partially giving out money to youths from a particular ethnic nationality is wrong, sending some of them abroad for training without any visible impact on the Niger Delta and the nation at large is counter-productive,” he said.

His declaration was obviously in reaction to a recent call by the Ijaw Youth Council, demanding the continuation of the Amnesty Programme for Niger Delta youths.

http://nigeriacamera.net/ayiri-emami-urges-buhari-to-end-amnesty-program-for-ex-militants/

@ Op Ayiri is Not an ex-militant....i nor know where una de get una info from

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by Nobody: 3:08am On May 02, 2015
Ayiri in APC? shocked its only God that can save Nigeria

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by tociano009(m): 3:21am On May 02, 2015
grin
Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by phlemzy: 3:28am On May 02, 2015
This billionaire is trying to seek presidential attention. The Amnesty programme shouldn't be stopped. Instead, the pipeline contract given to the ex-commanders should be reviewed- how much of the expected result has it achieved? Considering the cost,is it worth being continued considering the financial status of the federal government? These and more are questions that need be addressed.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by royalcatier: 3:32am On May 02, 2015
I thought as much cos, if Buhari doesn't end the amnesty now, he will have to start paying Bokoharam too, even Opc,. Terrorist are one and the same.

And the 13% derivatives must be re-visited, Lagos and Ogun aren't getting their share.

21 Likes

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by creamynuela88: 3:33am On May 02, 2015
The poster above me said what I wanted to say. Even though is excuses are right he should also know that stopping it will be a big probs 4 d nation.

6 Likes

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by Raiders: 3:43am On May 02, 2015
Amnesty program should be reevaluated because it favours only the Ijaws. Other tribes like the Edos, urhobos, Aniomas, Efiks, Ibibio, ogoni, isokos and many other Niger delta tribe didn't benefit much from the amnesty program. Buhari should make sure other tribes benefit from the amnesty program

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by realjoker(m): 3:47am On May 02, 2015
lol... season of advice, it was emefiele first follow by NOI now ayiri even the okadas, mai lemus and the agberos letter of advice are still with nipost. waiting for orubebe, mama piss and doyin bastard okupe advice to my amiable president-elect.
Naija must be haters can relocate to burundi or yemen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by appini: 4:57am On May 02, 2015
Enjoying my holiday under the influence of too much aqua. Loving it.
Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by SuperSuave(m): 4:58am On May 02, 2015
Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by Holywizard: 5:17am On May 02, 2015
u're a bastard!!! Try it & see whether dis nonsense called Nigeria will eva make sense again.

N/B; Dont play wit Niger/Delta Militants

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by handsometokunbo: 5:30am On May 02, 2015
Haha lol!!!!

I have warned Igbos who are banking on the emotion of Ijaws by forcing themselves on Niger-delta; Ijaws are only part of Niger delta.

There is nothing like United SS. Ijaws are only pained cos their son lost the election and Igbos quickly tapped into that by attaching SS to SE in all their hatred campaign these days but Igbos ll be shocked when Ijaws finally understand that they as Ijaws are on their own With Igbos.

23 Likes

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by cktheluckyman: 5:31am On May 02, 2015
royalcatier:
I thought as much cos, if Buhari doesn't end the amnesty now, he will have to start paying Bokoharam too, even Opc,. Terrorist are one and the same.

And the 13% derivatives must be re-visited, Lagos and Ogun aren't getting their share.
Do Lagos and Ogun have oil?

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by cktheluckyman: 5:34am On May 02, 2015
handsometokunbo:
Haha lol!!!!

I have warned Igbos who are banking on the emotion of Ijaws by forcing themselves on Niger-delta; Ijaws are only part of Niger delta.

There is nothing like United SS. Ijaws are only pained cos their son lost the election and Igbos quickly tapped into that by attaching SS to SE in all their hatred campaign these days but Igbos ll be shocked when Ijaws finally understand that they as Ijaws are on their own With Igbos.

Bros what has igbos got to do with the topic? How many states or wards in ibibio,efik,urhobo,itsekiri,etc lands was APC able to win during the last election?

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by ki02020(m): 5:38am On May 02, 2015
Most of the posters above me are bunch of lazy fool....what has the likes of dokubor done with what were given to him to benefit his people all did was to establish business outside nigeria where his fellow millitant will hardly go and work......Amesty is not the solution good dividends of democracy is what will save that ND region not some scam called NDDC ministry of ND amnesty program that benefit the few

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by royalcatier: 5:39am On May 02, 2015
Yes they do, but what I'm talking about right now is what the FG is getting from these states from companies and the ports, we need 13% of what the FG gets from our land too.

cktheluckyman:

Do Lagos and Ogun have oil?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by onoja12: 5:51am On May 02, 2015
I keep telling you people all the other tribes in the Niger delta are not in support of the ijaw because they abused there power when they had it. in fact nothing went to any of the other tribes,you all would see all the other tribes coming out against them after the swearing in.just mark my words
\
and less i forget very very soon we would know out of Ibori and e k clark who runs things in the Niger Delta

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by Nobody: 5:53am On May 02, 2015
royalcatier:
Yes they do, but what I'm talking about right now is what the FG is getting from these states from companies and the ports, we need 13% of what of what the FG gets from our land too.

Bros abeg where are the oils located in Lagos and Ogun? It's like you are not aware companies in Lagos pays tax to LASG.

Besides companies can always relocate when the need arises

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by royalcatier: 5:57am On May 02, 2015
Sis, where do you know in Lagos and Ogun? Do you have oil in SE and if so where? The companies paid taxes to FG and just pay some fees to the state. Why are you not talking about the ports? We should get 13% of the revenue FG get from our land too, that's it!

chukwudi44:

Bros abeg where are the oils located in Lagos and Ogun? It's like you are not aware companies in Lagos pays tax to LASG.

Besides companies can always relocate when the need arises

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by mysteriousman(m): 6:03am On May 02, 2015
His observations are valid

7 Likes

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by Nobody: 6:06am On May 02, 2015
royalcatier:
Sis, where do you know in Lagos and Ogun? Do you have oil in SE and if so where? The companies paid taxes to FG and just pay some fees to the state. Why are you not talking about the ports? We should get 13% of the revenue FG get from our land too, that's it!

FG can rather decide to build ports in other regions, please stop comparing apples to oranges please. Yes there is oil in imo,abia and anambra, the only sw state that has oil is ondo.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by Nobody: 6:20am On May 02, 2015
jared007:
Ayiri is seeking relevance in his new party. Amnesty programme must continue or else the boys will blow up the pipelines and oil facilities in their backyards!
Let them try it. Buhari is not Jonathan. They will have themselves to blame when the full wrath of the Nigerian millitary is unleashed on them. Amnesty program needs to be stopped we can't continue paying criminal's when our graduates are unemployed and roaming the streets.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayiri Emami Urges Buhari To End Amnesty Program For Ex Militants by royalcatier: 6:22am On May 02, 2015
FG has used money that could have been used to build 10 ports in developing the Oil, I'm sure you know the local grave diggers didn't drill the first oil.

Oil brings money into the federal govt just like the port and the companies do.

Lagos and Ogun have oil, please tell me where the oil in those SE states are?

This is apple to apple, let the Fg drops 13% of anything they get from any land or scrap it. And where nothing is gotten, nothing is dropped!

chukwudi44:

FG can rather decide to build ports in other regions, please stop comparing apples to oranges please. Yes there is oil in imo,abia and anambra, the only sw state that has oil is ondo.

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

See Photos Of The 259 Customized Patrol Vehicles Launched By Police IG In Abuja / #$2.1bnArmsDeal: Ex-Airforce Chief Returns N66Million / Fun Photos Of Wike, Obaseki And Okowa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.