Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

China Builds 57-storey Skyscraper - In Just 19 Days - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / China Builds 57-storey Skyscraper - In Just 19 Days (1022 Views)

19-Year-Old Girl Who Lives In A Plastic Bowl Dies / How I Built 57 Stotey In Just 19 Days / 57 Storey Building Built In 19 Days- China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Builds 57-storey Skyscraper - In Just 19 Days by Dolypson04(m): 7:14am On May 02, 2015
A Chinese construction company is claiming to be
the world's fastest builder after erecting a 57-story
skyscraper in 19 working days in central China.
The Broad Sustainable Building Co. put up the
rectangular, glass-and-steel Mini Sky City in the
Hunan provincial capital of Changsha using a
modular method, assembling three floors per day,
company vice president Xiao Changgeng said.
The company, which has ambitions to assemble
the world's tallest skyscraper at 220 floors in only
three months, worked on Mini Sky City in two
spurts separated by winter weather. Its time-lapse
video of the rapid assembly has become popular
on Chinese video-sharing sites since it was first
uploaded on YouTube.
"With the traditional method, they have to build a
skyscraper brick by brick, but with our method, we
just need to assemble the blocks," company
engineer Chen Xiangqian said.
Such modular approaches have been used for
high-rise apartment blocks elsewhere, including in
Britain and the U.S. Some critics say the method
could lead to cityscapes with overly uniform
architecture.
Liu Peng, associate director of the engineering
consulting firm ARUP Beijing, said the method is
worth developing because it could become a safe
and reliable way to build skyscrapers rapidly.
"But it is not perfect, and it does not meet all kinds
of personalized demands," Liu said. "People
nowadays want more personalized architecture."
Mini Sky City, which has 19 atriums, 800
apartments and office space for 4,000 people, goes
on sale in May. The structure is safe and can
withstand earthquakes, Xiao said.
The Changsha-based company spent 4{ months
fabricating the building's 2,736 modules before
construction began. The first 20 floors were
completed last year, and the remaining 37 were
built from Jan. 31 to Feb. 17 this year, Xiao said.
The company has honed its technology to
accelerate its construction speed from two floors
to three floors a day, he said.
"This is definitely the fastest speed in our
industry," Xiao said.
The company is awaiting approval for its 220-floor
Sky City in Changsha.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-builds-57storey-skyscraper--in-just-19-days-10214826.html
For those that are Thomases, watch the video here
http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2015/apr/30/china-build-57-storey-skyscraper-19-days-timelapse-video

Re: China Builds 57-storey Skyscraper - In Just 19 Days by ramdris(m): 7:18am On May 02, 2015
That's impressive.

1 Like

Re: China Builds 57-storey Skyscraper - In Just 19 Days by Nobody: 7:19am On May 02, 2015
make that no fall ontop person oo
Re: China Builds 57-storey Skyscraper - In Just 19 Days by Nobody: 7:19am On May 02, 2015
Its a lie
Re: China Builds 57-storey Skyscraper - In Just 19 Days by ginawest(f): 7:20am On May 02, 2015
hmm...even if u use magic,u can't build dat tin dre in 3 months
Re: China Builds 57-storey Skyscraper - In Just 19 Days by Dolypson04(m): 7:20am On May 02, 2015
victorels:
Its a lie
That's why Google is ur best friend online. Just saw it on CCTVnews myself b4 I rushed to Google it.
Re: China Builds 57-storey Skyscraper - In Just 19 Days by DaPhilosopher(m): 7:31am On May 02, 2015
Yinmu! When e collapse, there eye go clear!
Everybody wants to break record! Good, break record, break legs!
Re: China Builds 57-storey Skyscraper - In Just 19 Days by Nobody: 7:31am On May 02, 2015
ginawest:
hmm...even if u use magic,u can't build dat tin dre in 3 months
the only sensible per so on this thread.
Re: China Builds 57-storey Skyscraper - In Just 19 Days by Ilekeh(f): 7:32am On May 02, 2015
Re: China Builds 57-storey Skyscraper - In Just 19 Days by Nobody: 7:33am On May 02, 2015
Dolypson04:

That's why Google is ur best friend online. Just saw it on CCTVnews myself b4 I rushed to Google it.

From what I understand, they just coupled what they spent month to build. Preparing the ground floor alone will take far more than that.

So its a lie.
Re: China Builds 57-storey Skyscraper - In Just 19 Days by emekadeboy(m): 7:35am On May 02, 2015
Na juju jhor undecided
Re: China Builds 57-storey Skyscraper - In Just 19 Days by Dolypson04(m): 7:35am On May 02, 2015
victorels:

From what I understand, they just coupled what they spent month to build. Preparing the ground floor alone will take far more than that.

So its a lie.
Look at you. Won't you mould blocks b4 u start a normal building here too?
Re: China Builds 57-storey Skyscraper - In Just 19 Days by Nobody: 7:47am On May 02, 2015
Dolypson04:

Look at you. Won't you mould blocks b4 u start a normal building here too?
so you really believe a room or rooms should be called a block just because it is a single piece to be coupled.
Re: China Builds 57-storey Skyscraper - In Just 19 Days by akunjohn(m): 7:53am On May 02, 2015
I won't enter that 'Thing'.
Re: China Builds 57-storey Skyscraper - In Just 19 Days by bodejohn(m): 7:57am On May 02, 2015
Modular technology of making buildings has been around for sometime.

I was privileged to be part of the team that put up a similar building in Ibadan Oyo state at a manufacturing company. We did 5 storeys of 30meters in 5 days with about a day or two delay because of rain.

The advantages are numerous and quality of construction is not by anyway compromised. Construction time required at project site is greatly reduced.

I trust that since this was designed and built in China, the quality will be flawless because any deviation from standards that leads to fatality will lead everybody who worked on the site straight to the gallows.
Re: China Builds 57-storey Skyscraper - In Just 19 Days by Dolypson04(m): 10:37am On May 02, 2015
bodejohn:

I was privileged to be part of the team that put up a similar building in Ibadan Oyo state at a manufacturing company. We did 5 storeys of 30meters in 5 days with about a day or two delay because of rain.

The advantages are numerous and quality of construction is not by anyway compromised. Construction time required at project site is greatly reduced.

I trust that since this was designed and built in China, the quality will be flawless because any deviation from standards that leads to fatality will lead everybody who worked on the site straight to the gallows.

Finally spotted a believer
Re: China Builds 57-storey Skyscraper - In Just 19 Days by Nobody: 11:00am On May 02, 2015
bodejohn:

please enlighten us on the modalities involved without compromising details cum nitty - gritty
Re: China Builds 57-storey Skyscraper - In Just 19 Days by bodejohn(m): 4:21pm On May 02, 2015
Raymondenyi:
please enlighten us on the modalities involved without compromising details cum nitty - gritty

The advantages of this engineering technique is not far fetched. The design took into consideration the fact that the building will be divided into modules and there after assembled into one piece.

The modules can be constructed simultaneously since it will no longer be necessary for one floor to be made before the next thereby reducing overall construction time.

In the case of the one that I was involved with, even the equipments were installed and necessary pipes laid, some of the electrical cables were also laid in their respective cable trays.

It is a very nice concept and I enjoyed working on both the design and construction phases of the project.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: British, Zoo In Africa Called Nigeria / Ileya Message Blaster / Haulage Trucks Needed Immediately To Haul Edibles (pic).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.