Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife (33852 Views)

PDP Crisis: I Won't Step Down For Sherrif - Markafi / Senator Uche Ekwunife Decamps To APC / Uche Ekwunife Visits Chris Ngige Over The Death Of His Dad (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by chigoizie7(m): 1:13pm On May 02, 2015
jmichlins:
As I always tell my fellow Igbos and people of anambra central specially, our hatred, religion bigotry and inability to see beyond our nose denied us the third office of this country and we have no one to blame but ourselves. We hated APC and all it brought and voted out Ngige because we want to make sure that Buhari fails and it has backfired big time on us. But the funny thing is that many of us are yet to realize that Buhari has won and that's why you see some claiming that they don't need the government influence to survive. Obiano was cautioned by some people for visiting Buhari and I ask, is this our fate till at least four years to come. We will be the first to cry neglected and whoever that extends his hand beyond our wall is labeled saboteur. Okorocha got lucky

One stupid fact u failed to understand is that NGIGE failed his people during his time in office and they voted him out.
Second fact to NOTE well is that the office of the senate president is just like a ceremonial office, the senate presidents decisions alone cannot nd can never influence the decisions of the entire senate(@least u need a reasonable number of people to back u up).
Third fact is this, every senator has a certain amount of money(if not equal to other senators) mapped out for constituency projects,if NGIGE can get such funds,then EKWUNIFE can as well get the fund.
Fourth fact is that u as a senate president cannot influence more development in ur constituency alone as other senators are all senators for the same purpose.

So,what I advice all those begging Ekwunife to allow NGIGE become the senate president to do is to also go back to NGIGE and beg him to use his power as an APC chieftain to influence the president into dolling out soo much political appointments to his Anambra central brothers,(ministers and soo many other higher offices) where such people can monopolize the youth employment and development to their constituency. My 2cents, my plans might be selfish,but that what those stakeholders should be doing instead of asking Ekwunife to step down.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by patrickmuf(m): 1:16pm On May 02, 2015
jmichlins:

You didn't make sense to me. I mean no insult please
They'll throw mud at you for rising above the boundaries of hate influenced by ethno religious sentiments...
Your rational mind will see you to great heights...
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by nehedprince(m): 1:34pm On May 02, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]

1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 02, 2015
Ilorin is the only town in Kwara that has an Emir. All the other towns in Kwara have a Yoruba Oba. Ilorin is a town/city in Kwara which also is the capital of the state. Ilorin was conqured from Afonja (by the fulani invaders) when he had disputes with the Alaffin of Oyo. The Emir of Ilorin is not the Emir of Kwara State.

Other LGAs in Kwara (excluding ilorin) include: asa, baruten, edu, ekiti, ifelodun, irepodun, isin, kaiama, moro, offa, oke ero, oyun, pategi.

If you want to know more about the yoruba towns and villages under each LGA please replace the xxxxx in the link below with the lower-case name of the particular LGA.

http://www.kwarastate.gov.ng/xxxxx/townsandvillages.php

E.g if you want to check the villages and towns in ifelodun all you need to is replace the xxxxx with ifelodun and you get - http://www.kwarastate.gov.ng/ifelodun/townsandvillages.php

I can't put all the links or else nairaland would ban my account for some days.

Out all the towns and villages in the Old Oyo kingdom, it is only Ilorin that was conquered by the Fulanis - they only got it because of internal struggles within the kingdom. Did the Igbos have an empire as big as the Oyo empire.... NO!

Oyo Empire = Yoruba Kingdom [capital city was Oyo]

PS: Currently, 500 french soldiers are securing the whole of southern Mali, does that mean that southern Mali is made up of french people?

I am fully aware of my Yoruba ancestry and history... Go figure!

PSPS: If you are going to reply me... please give me constructive arguments to prove whatever opinion you have, not insults or jabs... i can give you a link to let you know more about the ancient Oyo kingdom, but that would be too many links in one post.

emmanayo:

u are 70% yoruba, yet ure being ruled by hausa blooded traits 4rm sokoto?? Y do u kip havin emirs in Ilorin instead of Obas. Abi dat region is calld yoruhausa? Ask ur elders questions friend. Or ilorin is NW and kwara is SW. Majority population but subjects to northern traited Emirs.. Just ask quests abt ilorin bro.
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by nehedprince(m): 1:36pm On May 02, 2015
nehedprince:
[color=#006600][/color]
Nigeria got beauty
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by blank(f): 1:41pm On May 02, 2015
jmichlins:

and nairaland is made up of ghosts and robots. the deed had being done so let's learn to live with it. all I say is that 4yrs no be beans to waste so let's make the best of it and hope for the best

No, Nairaland is made up of a large percentage of non-voters i.e people who have a very vocal opinion and a platform to air their views but are not directly involved. People i interacted with that were going to vote did not necessarily share that opinion. If you check properly, he didn't win in Anambra Central Senatorial zone during his run for governorship. The people gave him a chance for senate and after just one term, they booted him out because he was a big failure.

I cannot forgive him for not fixing our roads when he was governor because of his beef with the Uba family.
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by citizenY(m): 2:32pm On May 02, 2015
gbishman:
Madam has u considered the fact that's it's for the greater good of your people rather than ur personal interest. There would always be another day for hand trust me to your people it would be on record that u made the ultimate sacrifise. Woman be wise

Uche should keep her Senate seat. Any move to bring Ngige through the Backdoor to be made Senate president will only dent the image of the people of the SE, APC and the polity, in that order. Let the politicians find a solution.

The SE has not been able to successfully hold that seat as the NC did. Ngige will be a lame duck Senate president as the moral deficit is too high.
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by Champele(m): 2:43pm On May 02, 2015
This post didn't make any sense to me. Ngige fail woefully and came third in the election. And if in any case he contest again,he will be voted out again. And That will be adding pain to his wound.its a pity cause me personally like Ngige,but he failed us and is now irrelevant.
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by BlackOnassis(m): 2:53pm On May 02, 2015
Which kain mumu proposal is dis? Renounce ur mandate to someone you defeated?
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by remirez07(m): 3:11pm On May 02, 2015
Redoil:
Mumu op with sourcless source.
When you gather atomic bomb, hydrogen bombo, kerosine, petrol, BH, amala and ewedu, people of evil minds and intention, perpetual thieves, fraudsters, and rogue together in one room, this is typycal defination of APC.
To know more about APC cheack my signature
I think you need a sounded slap on ur flat head to rearrange your little sense so that, you can reason well. nah alaba market you tnk say u dey. Abi omo yi yanma ni.
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by PhockPhockMan: 3:16pm On May 02, 2015
jmichlins:
As I always tell my fellow Igbos and people of anambra central specially, our hatred, religion bigotry and inability to see beyond our nose denied us the third office of this country and we have no one to blame but ourselves. We hated APC and all it brought and voted out Ngige because we want to make sure that Buhari fails and it has backfired big time on us. But the funny thing is that many of us are yet to realize that Buhari has won and that's why you see some claiming that they don't need the government influence to survive. Obiano was cautioned by some people for visiting Buhari and I ask, is this our fate till at least four years to come. We will be the first to cry neglected and whoever that extends his hand beyond our wall is labeled saboteur. Okorocha got lucky

Sharrraaaaap, stop claiming Igbo.
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by ceejay4real(m): 3:29pm On May 02, 2015
mulattoclaro:
Igbos and their problems. It wouldn't be a bad idea if the Federal Government starts deporting the igbos to South Africa so that they can be lynched or better still hanged from their testicles by those angry xenophobic South Africans. These people are a nuisance.

U deserve to be thrown into a Crocodile Pond. IDIIOOTT! !!!!!!!
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by ASL33: 3:36pm On May 02, 2015
jmichlins:

I see that you can't find the benefit of having the Senate president until it's being given to you or your family. On a serious note, the Senate President can attract the biggest of the contracts for his people. That Mark failed to do that doesn't make the office irrelevant. Go ask the people of Ekweremmadu about the joy of having the deputy Senate president. What made Chime drop his senatorial ambition is no beans so don't console yourself with there's no importance attached to the office
Can you names such project David Mark attracted to Benue, just one that Evan Enwerem attracted to Imo, just have Ken Nnamani attracted to Enugu, just one quarter of that project Oyi attracted to Anambra.
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by fabulousdora(f): 4:49pm On May 02, 2015
Chigold101:
This news cant be true. Leadership like all APC news outlet likes to lie so much.

How can someone ask Uche Ekwunife the performer to step down for none perfomer. Ngige is a failure. He failed us that live in senatorial district.

Uche did so well FOR the 3 local governments under her constituency as a house of rep member.

Another thing that made this news riduculous is that Ngige came a distant 3rd in that election with about 20000votes. Victor Ume came second with about 70000votes.

So if Uche steps down APGA (victor ume) would jump in to take the position, therefore Ngige has nothing in this matter.

Conclusion: this news is a BIG FAT LIE.
this news is 100%very true...
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by Rotimi47: 4:54pm On May 02, 2015
Redoil:
Mumu op with sourcless source.
When you gather atomic bomb, hydrogen bombo, kerosine, petrol, BH, amala and ewedu, people of evil minds and intention, perpetual thieves, fraudsters, and rogue together in one room, this is typycal defination of APC.
To know more about APC cheack my signature
flat head mofo.
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by fabulousdora(f): 4:55pm On May 02, 2015
jmichlins:
trust me dis particular election was not about religion or tribe if someone like victor umeh was for apc we would ve voted him not someone like ngige...ngige cannot win any election in anambra even presidenT of main market...if ngige was pdp d result would ve still remained the same...is a personal dislike not party...if not rochas would ve not been voted for if it was tribalism
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by Rotimi47: 4:58pm On May 02, 2015
Why should she step down? She won on the platform of PDP as are Igbo people voted for her, so she should be allowed to enjoy herself & at the same time do her duty as a responsible senator but the senate President ain't for the east, they should forget it as Ngige should be given a very good political post. Up APC.
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by sirwilly1(m): 5:10pm On May 02, 2015
mulattoclaro:
Igbos and their problems. It wouldn't be a bad idea if the Federal Government starts deporting the igbos to South Africa so that they can be lynched or better still hanged from their testicles by those angry xenophobic South Africans. These people are a nuisance.
Just talk true. You been dey expect make this comment give you about 5000likes from others, abi?
Mumu.
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by Chigold101(m): 5:15pm On May 02, 2015
fabulousdora:
this news is 100%very true...
okay i believe you but if the person that took first position steps down, is it the person that took 3rd that step up or the person that took 2nd position?

Again dont you think it will throw up lots of credibility question on the activities of INEC?

What do you think that will be the reaction of APGA whose candidate Victor Umeh took 2nd position?

Let us reason...
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by fabulousdora(f): 5:22pm On May 02, 2015
Chigold101:
okay i believe you but if the person that took first position steps down, is it the person that took 3rd that step up or the person that took 2nd position?

Again dont you think it will throw up lots of credibility question on the activities of INEC?

What do you think that will be the reaction of APGA whose candidate Victor Umeh took 2nd position?

Let us reason...
actually apga candidate won the election clearly but that nite ekwunife manipulated a lot...went as far as arresting victor that nite...thou with top pdp leaders backing her up and victor couldn't do anything, is it this one he ll do sometin, if ekwunife agrees victor can't be an obstacle
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by FreeGlobe(f): 5:36pm On May 02, 2015
fabulousdora:
trust me dis particular election was not about religion or tribe if someone like victor umeh was for apc we would ve voted him not someone like ngige...ngige cannot win any election in anambra even presidenT of main market...if ngige was pdp d result would ve still remained the same...is a personal dislike not party...if not rochas would ve not been voted for if it was tribalism
oh please shut your silly mouth if you have nothing to say. Ngige is the most popular politician in Anambra state. IF not for Dame Patience jonthan, Ekwunife would not even be in the contest. The contest was clearly between Ngige and Victor umeh
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by hush15: 5:42pm On May 02, 2015
jmichlins:

Like seriously, if you ask me, hating the APC is actually a healthy thing to do.

Where is your pride when you asking a woman who won legitimately to compromise the mandate given to her to a man who dances to tunes played by Tinubu and co all cos Igbo want to feel politically satisfied. That is not the Igbo spirit I know and am so sure someone like chinua Achebe won't support this.

Rather, why not rally support for your people in the senate to ensure especially in the PDP to satisfactorily support the SS and SE region and let Nigerians know you guys are not push overs.
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by fabulousdora(f): 5:44pm On May 02, 2015
FreeGlobe:

oh please shut your silly mouth if you have nothing to say. Ngige is the most popular politician in Anambra state. IF not for Dame Patience jonthan, Ekwunife would not even be in the contest. The contest was clearly between Ngige and Victor umeh
thought I was discussing with a matured brain...telling me to shut up my silly mouth wasn't called for
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by jmichlins(m): 5:44pm On May 02, 2015
emmanayo:

since gej adminstran did not do it. Obj admin did not do it either? What make u think buhari wil do it?
My bro i undstand u bt insted of being at somones mercy, we beta stand out and stand firm even if we stagger. This is politics, tides turn, i prefer the pain to build up til one day wen they wil stop at nothin to redeem themselves wen the d chance coms. Igbos do not react excpt wen pushed to d brinks.
Guy you truly understand it but this is Nigeria where he who has power takes it all. Once a party is in power to wrestle it back is always issue. Until Nigeria practices true federalism, the likes of Yoruba will keep benefitting from the policy because they follow the tide and never lay all eggs in a basket. I prefer to eat from the pot where the food is being cooked than wait until it's my turn to cook
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by Chigold101(m): 5:50pm On May 02, 2015
fabulousdora:
actually apga candidate won the election clearly but that nite ekwunife manipulated a lot...went as far as arresting victor that nite...thou with top pdp leaders backing her up and victor couldn't do anything, is it this one he ll do sometin, if ekwunife agrees victor can't be an obstacle
i dont believe u sir because victor umeh cant beat uche in anambra central election when the whole anaocha has already conspired again him prior to the election but lets leave that one.

What of INEC? What reason will they give to nigerians that made them to throw up ngige?
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by jmichlins(m): 5:57pm On May 02, 2015
fabulousdora:
there's a change in the voting pattern of Nigeria but we still divided between religion and ethnic lines. The reason rochas won was because buhari had already being declared the winner. There's a campaign of calumny against ngige from every quarter
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by jmichlins(m): 6:01pm On May 02, 2015
hush15:

Like seriously, if you ask me, hating the APC is actually a healthy thing to do.

Where is your pride when you asking a woman who won legitimately to compromise the mandate given to her to a man who dances to tunes played by Tinubu and co all cos Igbo want to feel politically satisfied. That is not the Igbo spirit I know and am so sure someone like chinua Achebe won't support this.

Rather, why not rally support for your people in the senate to ensure especially in the PDP to satisfactorily support the SS and SE region and let Nigerians know you guys are not push overs.
the people asking her to step down are the traditional rulers and the key decision makers of her place and not any party. The ss and se have not being in unison with one another but the ss clogged the se to retain their son as the President
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by asha80(m): 6:08pm On May 02, 2015
jmichlins:

there's a change in the voting pattern of Nigeria but we still divided between religion and ethnic lines. The reason rochas won was because buhari had already being declared the winner. There's a campaign of calumny against ngige from every quarter
you are wrong rochas would have won when gmb was declared winner or not in a free elections..if you know Imo politics well you would know this.

jmichlins:

Guy you truly understand it but this is Nigeria where he who has power takes it all. Once a party is in power to wrestle it back is always issue. Until Nigeria practices true federalism, the likes of Yoruba will keep benefitting from the policy because they follow the tide and never lay all eggs in a basket. I prefer to eat from the pot where the food is being cooked than wait until it's my turn to cook

Yorubas have always being more in opposition from independence to now so your following the tide comment does not hold water
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by hush15: 6:50pm On May 02, 2015
jmichlins:

the people asking her to step down are the traditional rulers and the key decision makers of her place and not any party. The ss and se have not being in unison with one another but the ss clogged the se to retain their son as the President

well, for posterity and gender equality sake, they should leave her and let her do her job.
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by oluks05: 7:27pm On May 02, 2015
mulattoclaro:

Guy I hope u r not yoruba? I am and I find this very repulsive! How do u live with yourself!
Re: Senate Presidency: I Won't Step Down For Ngige - Ekwunife by Edusouls(m): 11:35pm On May 09, 2015
Chigold101:
bros take it easy. This news is a lie.

In that election. Uche got over 100000 votes followed by victor umeh (apga) with over 70000 votes & ngige came 3rd with a little over 20000votes, so tell me the rationale in telling uche to step down for the person that came 3rd. What do you think the person that came second will do?

Abeg when we read, we should also reason.
i feel ur reasoning...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Northern House Of Representatives Visit Tinubu In Lagos (Photo) / Northern Traders Close Shops In Umuahia After IPOB, Military Clash / Fatima Abdullahi Ganduje, First Class Graduate Daughter Of Kano Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.