Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall (41507 Views)

What Really Happened To Nokia? / 10 Common Smartphone Mistakes That Expose You To Security Risks / Mistakes People Do When They Have a Phone Conversation with Someone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by oweman: 1:25pm On May 02, 2015
Can i still recieve calls and browse on nokia E7 ?
if those are posibly then am ok let those who left thier home towns / villages to buy latest phones continue thier phone chasing .
The hustlers @ ikeja await them .
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by rottennaija(m): 1:26pm On May 02, 2015
KingTom:
Nokia X, XL and my phone X_2 are androids, but they are useless cry

That's because they customized it. Thought it is still an android os, they don't have the full functionality of other android devices, like the home button, the back button and the option button making it difficult to operate it.
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by KingTom(m): 1:30pm On May 02, 2015
rottennaija:

That's because they customized it. Thought it is still an android os, they don't have the full functionality of other android devices, like the home button, the back button and the option button making it difficult to operate it.
Thank you my brother, you really understand the difficulties we're passing through wink
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by help3852: 1:31pm On May 02, 2015
Nokia's main problem was Techno, Techno produced cheaper phones, used Nokia's Blue color trademark. Techno also affected Samsung, they had to drop prices
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by Emblj: 1:31pm On May 02, 2015
Nokia indeed made a big mistake in biz: "turning blind eye to competition". They were just to arrogant to yield to customers' demand and trend.

Fine it's a good thing to be distinct , yet u must not loose sight of what d customers want and what competition is offerg.

I think business should drop their ego and appreciate competitors' strength. What would it take Blackberry to approach Nokia to manufacture batteries for BB phones when they know they have comparative advantage in that area. At the end of the day it is going to be a win - win for all parties.
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by talk2hb1(m): 1:32pm On May 02, 2015
anigold:

partner with Microsoft...

That was what finished them as a brand, they partner with Microsoft so they can help promote their window mobile OS. A plus for Microsoft and a minus on them, and they were late to adopt the android OS.
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by Godfullsam(m): 1:32pm On May 02, 2015
Nokia is coming back better and stronger by 2016. I will continue to manage my nokia android X2 until nokia returns to smartphone market.

Ayam a die harrrrrrrrd nokia fan cool

1 Like

Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by purplekayc(m): 1:33pm On May 02, 2015
KingTom:
Thank you my brother, you really understand the difficulties we're passing through wink
try iphone then
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by purplekayc(m): 1:34pm On May 02, 2015
Guys should stop chritisizing nokia .them dey try.blackberry is doing worse
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by KingTom(m): 1:35pm On May 02, 2015
purplekayc:
try iphone then
I can't use trash! grin
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by purplekayc(m): 1:37pm On May 02, 2015
KingTom:
I can't use trash! grin
how is it trash?
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by martineverest(m): 1:40pm On May 02, 2015
Microsoft is not using android apps,its helping developers to develope apps dat already exist in android by using 'astoria' software..stop posting rubbish
ITbomb:
Microsoft is raising and they have dumped Nokia and the Lumia project.
Android and iOS apps are now going to run on the new Window 10

Click here to see the new features of Windows 10 that will allow Android/iOS apps to be run on Windows devices
[img]http://2.bp..com/-YtmmExkctuE/VSGol-h8FVI/AAAAAAAAADA/YMb2xs66s9k/s1600/Windows_Product_Family_9-30-Event_2.png[/img]

1 Like

Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by KingTom(m): 1:41pm On May 02, 2015
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 02, 2015
Nokia was buried the day they chose to go with Windows instead of android
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by onatisi(m): 1:42pm On May 02, 2015
talk2hb1:
[b][/b]
That was what finished them as a brand, they partner with Microsoft so they can help promote their window mobile OS. A plus for Microsoft and a minus on them, and they were late to adopt the android OS.
it is only a temporary contract and nokia will resume phone production by dec 2015
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by martineverest(m): 1:48pm On May 02, 2015
D fact dat nokia has fallen in mobile market doesnt mean d company is dead...dont forget dat nokia is a forerunner in telecommunication(esp networking) and optics.nokia is behind production of evolutionary 5G network.........the agreement btw it and microsoft is hindering it from producing android fones.tho,d agreement ends in dec,2015

1 Like

Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by onatisi(m): 1:49pm On May 02, 2015
Eidosky:
Nokia was buried the day they chose to go with Windows instead of android
windows os is gaining ground steadily and new users on a daily basis. If u use a nokia lumia phone ,I doubt if you will want to use an android set again. By the time windows 10 is released ,things will change positively .

1 Like

Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by Christmasdon(m): 1:50pm On May 02, 2015
A fallen hero.
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by purplekayc(m): 1:51pm On May 02, 2015
KingTom:

www.debate.org/opinions/arent-apples-iphones-complete-pieces-of-garbage

wink
this is just a website created by someone or som e people.
Use it first and find out if its trash or not.
The only thing i dont like about it is that its fragile.
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by ITbomb(m): 1:58pm On May 02, 2015
martineverest:
Microsoft is not using android apps,its helping developers to develope apps dat already exist in android by using 'astoria' software..stop posting rubbish

You had already made your point in vowiski's other thread.
Do you ever wonder how many non-tech app users would understand what you wrote up there, Sir?

Check this excert from arstechnica
"For Android, there is Project Astoria. Rumors of Android apps on Windows have been floating around for some time, and in Windows 10 Microsoft is delivering on those rumors. Astoria will allow Android apps to run in Windows. Specifically, Windows Mobile (and yes, that's now officially the name for Windows on phones and sub-8 inch tablets) will include an Android runtime layer that'll let them run existing Android apps (both Java and C++) unmodified."
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/04/29/microsoft-brings-android-ios-apps-to-windows-10/

So unless you are telling me that you are in Microsoft dev team and you just change the workings of Project Astoria overnight, you should just shut up.
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by KingTom(m): 1:59pm On May 02, 2015
purplekayc:
this is just a website created by someone or som e people.
Use it first and find out if its trash or not.
The only thing i dont like about it is that its fragile.
I have used it, it is just expensive trash! grin Fragility is something most phones have these days, one fall and they just crack. The durability is something the companies should work on wink
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by MzJackBaueress(f): 2:04pm On May 02, 2015
KingTom:
very useless honestly!
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by Bawss1(m): 2:08pm On May 02, 2015
ITbomb:
Microsoft is raising and they have dumped Nokia and the Lumia project.
Android and iOS apps are now going to run on the new Window 10

Click here to see the new features of Windows 10 that will allow Android/iOS apps to be run on Windows devices
[img]http://2.bp..com/-YtmmExkctuE/VSGol-h8FVI/AAAAAAAAADA/YMb2xs66s9k/s1600/Windows_Product_Family_9-30-Event_2.png[/img]

It's comments like this that draw my out of my lair... How does enabling access to android apps in the Windows store translate to abandoning the Lumia project? Did MS say that they will no longer be developing Windows OS? I don't think that you appreciate what impact MS's decision will have in the computer and mobile industry as they develop a single OS that can support any form factor. Everyday, for the past 4 years, people like you have announced the death of MS's windows phone yet its still around and growning.

@Those who always say that Nokia should have adopted Android earlier - I talked myself hoarse on this forum explaining that Nokia would have struggled just as Sony, HTC and other big time OEMs are struggling under android. Samsung is the king of the android hill and while they face increasing competition from new Chinese OEMs like Xiaomi and Lenovo [s](no, Tecno is not a threat to Samsung despite what many Nigerians imagine)[/s] they would have proved a costly rival to Nokia had Nokia fully joined the android team.

People keep recycling this topic and saying the same wrong things over and over again, I guess everyone wants to be seen as an expert on the demise of Nokia.
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by MzJackBaueress(f): 2:09pm On May 02, 2015
MrPresident1:
They overpriced their phones too.
very true!

Imagine a nokia XL I bought last year for 26,500 is now presently sold for 29k. And people are rushing to buy the phone like no man's business.
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by KingTom(m): 2:11pm On May 02, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
very useless honestly!
Very!
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by charlsecy(m): 2:14pm On May 02, 2015
help3852:
Nokia's main problem was Techno, Techno produced cheaper phones, used Nokia's Blue color trademark. Techno also affected Samsung, they had to drop prices
Tecno operates in only Africa.... Nigeria being their biggest base. So how did Tecno make Nokia lose market in Europe, America and Asia?
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by Bawss1(m): 2:15pm On May 02, 2015
help3852:

Nobody knows Tecno outside of Nigeria, it is basically a local brand. Even in China Tecno is an oddity. How could they have been a threat to Nokia?

You are assuming that all the competitions in the mobile space take place only in Nigeria and that is not correct. It is the combined effect of competition in all the continents that determines the fate of mobile brands like Samsung and Nokia.
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by help3852: 2:17pm On May 02, 2015
charlsecy:

Tecno operates in only Africa.... So how did Tecno make Nokia lose market in Europe, America and Asia?
you are right though, Nokia had their major base in Africa. In other countries they had competitors from Ericsson, Alcatel, etc
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by charlsecy(m): 2:19pm On May 02, 2015
help3852:
Nokia had their major base in Africa.
Wrong. Nokia had their largest market in Asia, not Africa. That is why they avoided the number 4 in their modeling system because the number 4 is considered unlucky in Asian cultures.

You don't really need Africa to be a world-class phone manufacturer. Apple has little or no presence in Africa, yet remains a top phone maker in the world. If you lose market in America and/or Asia, you are gone.

1 Like

Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by Touchforfree(m): 2:25pm On May 02, 2015
KingTom:

All ds while, Nokia happened to be my choice of cell-phone until recently that I joggled between Nokia XL or Samsung series for my wife. I eventually opted for Galaxy Ace 4 and I've never regretted buying it for her.

Nokia should find their way back to d heart of d pple.
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by KingTom(m): 2:26pm On May 02, 2015
Touchforfree:

All ds while, Nokia happened to be my choice of cell-phone until recently that I joggled between Nokia XL or Samsung series for my wife. I eventually opted for Galaxy Ace 4 and I've never regretted buying it for her.

Nokia should find their way back to d heart of d pple.
Exactly!
Re: 4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 2:28pm On May 02, 2015
Even if nokia embraced android it was still goin to die its only samsung that makes money from android because it produces most of the components. Sony, motorola and htc are all incurring losses. In my opinion microsoft killed nokia by not redesigning its tile based software to meet reality of the market. and also coming late in the game.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors / How Africans Replied A Racist On Tiktok. / How To Download Any Videos On Youtube With The Word "Magic"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.